whatsgood7697

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatsgood7697

I don't know about y'all but once that Woot employee made that disrespectful comment on Facebook about not needing us buying their product that was enough for me. When a company gets big from loyal customers and from certain products ie Bunch of Cheer then ends a tradition and belittles their customers by saying they don't need us buying their product (the one that made them a success), that's a slap in the face and not a company I want to deal with. Bye Woot.

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910
stryper2000 wrote:I wanted to say Merry Christmas as well to the Woot peeps, especially ThunderThighs for putting up with us as much as she does

and on a side note, she isn't the only one working today, please remember the Public Safety world (Police, Fire, EMS, Rescue, and your friendly 911 dispatchers) as they are working to make your holidays jolly and your nights a litle more silent .

As a 911 dispatcher working tonight, I thank you for the shout out!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
smittypap wrote:I got a rock.

[MOD: Wrong holiday. ]

Best answer EVER, even if it was the wrong holiday

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome

eatingjuice wrote:

All I want for wootmas is for woot to go back to how it used to be.

indeed

I'll second this a second time. Christmas morning at woot, just makes me sad :-(

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

I'm a black square because I tell it like it is and do not try to brown-nose Woot staffers into providing quality posts. To paraphrase, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone with 814 quality posts to enter the kingdom of God." Your posts will mean much less when the site is abandoned. But thanks for working on xmas anyway.
That said, I've been a Wooter since 2007, bought 3 laptops and a TV, and spent many thousands of dollars here. I miss the excitement of my first crap in 2008 where I got a working Kodak printer for $5. Woot had easily made back the $60 the printer was worth from my subsequent purchases.

I stopped following woot-off's all of the time and also notice there are much fewer posts on each item. I also have been spending more money on Yugster lately. But anyway, I'm posting to say thanks for the memories, it was good while it lasted.

whatsamattaU wrote:I know this is going to be way too long, but,...

Looks like it's more like 2/3 black squares are complaining, but I don't see the ratios you're seeing between the black squares and the non-black squares. Everyone seems pretty angry.

I'm working tonight, that's my excuse.

I got my one bag in the past, happy with it, not the reason I come here.

I'm not thrilled with the too-many items-to-search-through revision, but I'm buying about the same this year as previous years.

I think the things woot sells are different w/Amazon as owner, but not as much or as bad as others say when I look back at woot sales from a few years ago. Expensive and cheap and in between.

I don't blame others for leaving, but I haven't had any problems buying almost 50 items, and the main reason I come is to see what other shoppers say. If I was just looking for a bargain, I'd find another relatively trustworthy site where it's sometimes easier to find things.

The customer service is what it is, but I've not been burned yet. They certainly could have communicated more clearly about the bag.

People who complain about their posts taken down fail to realize that if I'm going to buy something, I don't want to wade through all of the complaint posts to find info. I'm not against people rightly ranting, but to not expect it to be deleted?? Really?? If you want your post to stay, go to world of woot. If I complain about something and it's not relevant to the sale, I don't expect it to stay.

My guess: see how many other 1 day sale sites there are? Several of you have pointed to them already. My gut feeling is Amazon figured they have to stay ahead of the curve, and rightly or wrongly, went to this multi-product model which has it's own tradeoffs. They've lost and will certainly lose customers because of this, but I understand why they're doing it. I'd still recommend a cleaner list, easier to access somehow of the different woot/wootplus items available, but that's me.

If woot stays in business, it will be because of the forums and the comments on the products more than what they sell. Despite the facebook episode tonight, bag controversies, etc. I look for the commenters that will help with whatever I buy or don't buy, even for purchases not on woot.

I wish I had more time, but the fact that I'm still working at this hour on Christmas day is not a good sign, and I've got to be on the road tomorrow, and obviously this isn't the best use of my time, but I felt that since I only get the time to peek at woot normally nowadays, but saw the hullabaloo tonight, I'd chime in.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays/New Year to all of you regardless, even the people I've had problems with before. Take care.

P.S.:To compare at Walmart, "Combo pack contains 26 batteries of Rayovac for $17.97 online, with free shipping if you buy $45 products:

8 AA batteries
8 AAA batteries
4 C batteries
4 D batteries
Two 9V batteries
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-Batteries-AMC5-Rayovac-AAA-AA-C-D-and-9V-26-Count-Battery-Combo-Pack-A-26.35-Value/22053719

AlexD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlexD

Mehhh .... I can get 48 Maxell AA Alkaline batteries fro $14.95 incl. free shipping on amazon ... these are $9.99 PLUS $5.00 shipping ... NOT a good deal Woot

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Look at it this way guys... At least we didn't get socks... Nobody wants socks...

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
elster000 wrote:I'm a black square because I tell it like it is and do not try to brown-nose Woot staffers into providing quality posts. To paraphrase, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone with 814 quality posts to enter the kingdom of God." Your posts will mean much less when the site is abandoned. But thanks for working on xmas anyway.
That said, I've been a Wooter since 2007, bought 3 laptops and a TV, and spent many thousands of dollars here. I miss the excitement of my first crap in 2008 where I got a working Kodak printer for $5. Woot had easily made back the $60 the printer was worth from my subsequent purchases.

I stopped following woot-off's all of the time and also notice there are much fewer posts on each item. I also have been spending more money on Yugster lately. But anyway, I'm posting to say thanks for the memories, it was good while it lasted.

Part of it's brown-nosing I suppose, most of it is genuinely wanting to help. I almost never make cute comments to draw a quality post. Honestly, I don't get much from the writeups, and whether my motives are pure depends on the night, as you or others msy judge. However, if this was strictly for brownnosing, I've got plenty of better things to do with my time.

The site isn't as good as it was before, and I agree with just about everyone about that. However, I'm not brownnosing when I say for what I'M looking for, it's not lost much. As I said, I don't disagree with people leaving and understand why, but maybe everyone doesn't value woot for the same thing. The bag was a nice bonus, and I think woot is losing somthing by not having it out there in competition like before, but as I said, that wasn't the main thing to draw me nor keep me. The one sale a day has certainly been lost, and I voiced my grief already at the complexity.

I understand the frustrations of people with customer service here, including the products coming broken, the lack of response, the curt replies. There are no excuses for Woot's failings (although I could see how the short reply was poorly worded if I give the writer the benefit of the doubt), and I know I wasn't going to get a Q post out of the earlier post.
Myself, the things that I've bought here have minimized my odds of getting burned.

Again, I don't excuse them, but I can honestly say that things have gone well with me, and if everyone else is going to say that woot's doing everything wrong, I try to provide balance. Not because woot doesn't screw up a lot, but making things black and white is rarely accurate. That's gotten me in trouble in life too, when I try to keep things balanced in heated discussions. It's not wrong to leave, but it's a business. Woot changes, we mourn and some of us move on.

Like NightGhost, my time will pass (if my present life circumstances don't stop me soon anyway). I know I can't take these posts to heaven, and being anonymous, don't earn me any real cred. I may look back at all of this and say it's been a waste. You could argue that most of the comments we make into the internet world/most of what we do on the internet is a waste, honestly. However, what's done is done, and as I said earlier I can't predict if I'll ever write here again with life crashing down more around me.

However, if I do have a final post in the future, I won't be trying to insult or degrade a fellow wooter on the way out--which it sounds like you're doing. You'll excuse me while I try to get some sleep from working all night so that I can see family. I know this will likely be deleted later to clean up the sale, but as bad as of a year this has been, I hope that I'm wrong and that you meant the above as constructive criticsm. Otherwise, I'm not going to let you ruin Christmas, hope you don't ruin other people's Christmases, and I have no more time to spare.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

I quit being disappointed on April Fools Day when the Woot Calendar promised to melt the web or something like that and then *Nothing* Happened. So this Christmas thing was pretty much expected.

I am not going to quit coming to Woot because they pulled the bags. I probably just won't do much impulse buying during Woot Off's waiting for bags.

Since Impulse buying drives a lot of these sales I imagine some bean counter at the mother ship decided the expense of the Bags, outweighed the potential sales driven by sleep deprived wooters making snap decision to buy stuff they normally would not. Since all of this started happening about the time the new site and adds were added the business model moved on.

I do miss the old woot, but life goes on and their are more important things than the bag's.

So Woot or Don't Woot, Amazon doesn't care. I think the woot staffers do as they have tried different things to keep us entertained but I am willing to bet they don't have a choice.

(I do like my Monkey Shirt)

So if Woot can forgo the impulse buying that comes with waiting for bags, its their loss.

So, to the Woot staff, Merry Christmas,

and to Amazon,

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

Well said, and my sentiments exactly.

To all you college types out there studying business, this has been an excellent lesson in how to build a successful business model, be overcome by greed and corporate money, and then stand by and watch that business decimated.....

josmul123 wrote:First of all, let me say that ThunderThighs has been amazing over the time she's been around. I don't post much here, but I felt compelled today.

I used to be a daily wooter. I used to buy all the cheap stuff during woot-offs, and I'm even guilty of buying a "nut roaster" a few years ago to "move the woot-off along."

That said, I was reflecting on my Woot account and realized my last purchase was the Santa's sack of crap from last year. I don't think I even visited Woot more than a couple of times throughout the year.

Sometime about 4-5 years ago (when woot was only woot... No sub-sites), I got my first Bunch of Cheer it was full of amazing stuff. I even got a Roomba that fully worked and was just missing the power cord. I felt like I actually had a chance at getting something awesome for my 8 bucks. I had some crappy crap, but it was normally a broken Sansa MP3 player or ten... Something techy regardless of how broken it was.

Then came the sub-woots and the amazon buyout... Then the multiple site redesigns. I watched this site morph from a really neat one-of-a-kind-but-often-copied gem of a site into what it is today... A broken hub of "deals" that just don't compare in value to what we used to see.

The first thing I noticed was the quality of the bags of crap going down, but it was okay because ThreePieceWoot's love notes were legendary.

Then the craps got fewer and far between, and it got to the point where the items inside were almost certainly going to be kids.woot overstock (something that the tech savvy people who frequented woot in its inception don't really have need for). As a 27-year-old man, I have no use for the six high school musical alarm clocks I got in my last sack, but I took it in stride because sometimes you get good crap and sometimes you get bad crap.

A few years ago, my family sat around a kitchen table, each with our laptops, F5'ing woot to score our santa's sacks. As sad as it sounds, it was a neat family tradition that has just abruptly died. We put up with server errors, improperly-sync'd mirrors, broken flash games, and hidden $1 million off coupon codes for years because it was fun, and we did it together.

As woot continues straying further from what it used to be, my shopping habits stray further from woot. The lack of crap on Christmas is the final straw. Woot and I are on completely different pages nowadays, and I doubt I will ever spend another dime.

So to you up-and-comers with light colored squares next to your names, I hope you enjoy the monster you've created because veterans like myself are retiring.

It was all fun and games in the past when Woot's customer service was snarky. Now that you've positioned yourself as this "professional" company with all these different sub-sites, I don't think it's appropriate to be posting things like "we don't need you to buy the Bunch of Cheer on your Facebook page. If you don't need customers, I don't need to be one.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic

LOL sled....yah that was what I read. Sledload. =D

PogoProphet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PogoProphet

Will this ship in time for Christmas?!

rnatalie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages rnatalie
craigthom wrote:I got an i-i-island.

But a rock feels no pain.

Certified Wine Geek

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
johnwpb wrote:I miss the old woot

me too...i also miss 79cent a gallon milk, things change, not often for the better,,,seasons greetings;-)

jlandrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlandrith

WAWAWA wahhhhhh.

Get a life.
Many thanks to the Woot workers. No Bunch of Cheer thats ok, I pay for Bunch of Cheer from normal retailers all the time.

andrewkl wrote:Well said, and my sentiments exactly.

To all you college types out there studying business, this has been an excellent lesson in how to build a successful business model, be overcome by greed and corporate money, and then stand by and watch that business decimated.....

-Jeff

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
i agree 100%...i miss the original woot, and on rare occassion i also miss my first wife;-) but i can survive nicely without either of them

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384

My suspissions confirmed.
I wrote this at the end of the last "wootoff":

So the only way they are doing the bee oh see's is through FB and twitter.....

I dont have a FB. I dont use twitter. I have one, but only so I could sign up for another site.

I've lurked the last 3 woot-offs and nothing appeals to me. Even if something does perk my interest it is quickly established it is not the best deal on the internet.

Woot...Thank you for the beginning. Thank you for perking my interest in wines, and giving me faith in on-line shopping. I mean that. I know my purchases were a drop in the bucket, but everyone is a contributor.

I'm sure there are people in the woot HQ that feel the same way. It's great to see a business grow. I have a few ideas I would love to see in action, trust me! I would love to see them get huge! However there's a difference between walmart and a local place. There's differences between craft brewers and Coors...If you want to pull in more people you have to broaden your scope. You have to flatten the dynamics and expand your range....

Well....a lot of us miss that narrow, no social media driven scope. The come-as-you-are and no holds bared attitude of a woot-off where 5 killer laptops went on sale for cheap, and sold quick, not dumping off the excess from Amazon warehouses.

I wish you luck with the next generation of wooters, for this is now their baby. For me.....I think it's time to retire.

as an update....
I do not feel I could be any more right. I did not try to make the 1 am EST mark as I was not holding out hope, but I came here to see if it was ineed the mark of a new era.

I understand woot (as a company) has a goal of growth, and I hope that it is what you find.
I am just sad to see it was at the expense of everything we all used to come here for.
I dealt with the new layout, the additions of just about everything.woot, and all the different links for different products.

However I just do not see any financial savings in the products offered, nor do I see any value in the services offered. You offer a dozen products per page, and on a dozen pages. I feel I get more value out of amazon.com where I can see all the products lined up against eachother. On woot I must open up a new tab to see if I am really getting a deal or not on one of the flood of products listed. There used to be some weird and off the wall stuff that I just wouldnt have seeen anywhere else without really digging...

Now the bag is gone.

And all we have is crap.

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun

Woot, I can't believe you! I know while I haven't even been to your site for the past year, and I know while I barely even have supported you with purchases because I claim that the "deals" aren't actually deals, you should know better! If I want a Big ol' Celebration, you'd better give me one or I promise I'll never be back! You know, until April Fools, your birthday, Thanksgiving, or next Christmas. Those are all times when you might release another Big ol' Celebration so I promise I'll be back then. If you don't offer one though, you're so mean! Oh, you did put a bag up and it simply sold out in minutes? JEEZ WOOT. GET BETTER SERVERS. Don't you know that us loyal customers can't beat out the bots? Why didn't you have more bags so that I could get one? Don't you know that I have made at least 25 purchases from your site? You clearly owe me a Big ol' Celebration. Oh, but if you don't also send me good items in that bag then YOU'VE JUST BEEN RUINED BY AMAZON. The OLD Woot would send me a new laptop, new projector, and new Roomba! Oh, and if I don't get the letter, that's not fair either. I'M LEAVING YOU FOREVER WOOT. See you next April Fool's Day.

Am I a typical Woot user, yet?

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

@whatsamattau For what it's worth I appreciate your informative posts and have made buying decisions based on the information you've provided so keep up those Quality Posts!
To all you Wooters out there Merry Christmas,Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings!

sfcchase

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sfcchase
elster000 wrote:I'm a black square because I tell it like it is and do not try to brown-nose Woot staffers into providing quality posts. To paraphrase, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone with 814 quality posts to enter the kingdom of God." Your posts will mean much less when the site is abandoned. But thanks for working on xmas anyway.

This, this, 100x this. I feel exactly like this guy. Well put dude.

Quality Posts - 5
Times put on Probation - 2

goldbond63

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldbond63

Recommendation to Woot / Amazon.

New Woot site: classic.woot.com.

At this point, what’s one more site?

dhesbol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhesbol

Oh come all ye faithful . . . and at the stroke of midnight, what did I see, a miniature sleigh with with a sledload of batteries. Wait, but my wishlist? No special Woot surpris?. Reality is just setting in. Maybe next year?

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

@WhatsamattU: Sorry things are rough for you right now hope they get better. I felt the need of defending myself with the differentiation of Green/Black squares and previous rumors that Bunch of Cheer items were related to statements made in posts. I had an issue with lack of truthfulness, which apparently is not what you were doing. Anyway, no Bunch of Cheer' and not an issue anymore. Hope you and everyone else has a great XMAS. Peace on earth and all that stuff (we really need it now).

whatsamattaU wrote:Part of it's brown-nosing I suppose, most of it is genuinely wanting to help. I almost never make cute comments to draw a quality post. Honestly, I don't get much from the writeups, and whether my motives are pure depends on the night, as you or others msy judge. However, if this was strictly for brownnosing, I've got plenty of better things to do with my time.

The site isn't as good as it was before, and I agree with just about everyone about that. However, I'm not brownnosing when I say for what I'M looking for, it's not lost much. As I said, I don't disagree with people leaving and understand why, but maybe everyone doesn't value woot for the same thing. The bag was a nice bonus, and I think woot is losing somthing by not having it out there in competition like before, but as I said, that wasn't the main thing to draw me nor keep me. The one sale a day has certainly been lost, and I voiced my grief already at the complexity.

I understand the frustrations of people with customer service here, including the products coming broken, the lack of response, the curt replies. There are no excuses for Woot's failings (although I could see how the short reply was poorly worded if I give the writer the benefit of the doubt), and I know I wasn't going to get a Q post out of the earlier post.
Myself, the things that I've bought here have minimized my odds of getting burned.

Again, I don't excuse them, but I can honestly say that things have gone well with me, and if everyone else is going to say that woot's doing everything wrong, I try to provide balance. Not because woot doesn't screw up a lot, but making things black and white is rarely accurate. That's gotten me in trouble in life too, when I try to keep things balanced in heated discussions. It's not wrong to leave, but it's a business. Woot changes, we mourn and some of us move on.

Like NightGhost, my time will pass (if my present life circumstances don't stop me soon anyway). I know I can't take these posts to heaven, and being anonymous, don't earn me any real cred. I may look back at all of this and say it's been a waste. You could argue that most of the comments we make into the internet world/most of what we do on the internet is a waste, honestly. However, what's done is done, and as I said earlier I can't predict if I'll ever write here again with life crashing down more around me.

However, if I do have a final post in the future, I won't be trying to insult or degrade a fellow wooter on the way out--which it sounds like you're doing. You'll excuse me while I try to get some sleep from working all night so that I can see family. I know this will likely be deleted later to clean up the sale, but as bad as of a year this has been, I hope that I'm wrong and that you meant the above as constructive criticsm. Otherwise, I'm not going to let you ruin Christmas, hope you don't ruin other people's Christmases, and I have no more time to spare.

italianemperor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor
goldbond63 wrote:Recommendation to Woot / Amazon.

How about vip.woot.com as a thank you to the black boxers who have shelled out a lot of cash to woot over the years? I don't think it would be a crazy idea to set up a thank you to the customers who buy the most from you.

gkrausmann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gkrausmann

This is what you get when woot! sells out to Amazon.

duffeball

quality posts: 2 Private Messages duffeball
sellbuyer92 wrote:Look at it this way guys... At least we didn't get socks... Nobody wants socks...

Ummm. I got socks for Christmas this year. 10 pair. if I was a millionaire I I'd have a new pair of socks every day. They only are super comfortable 1 time. Once you wash em they're just another pair of socks.

jodyl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyl1

I've been on woot for a while now, and it comes as no surprise the Blinged Out Cabbages are even more rare now.

In 2010, it became apparent through forum posts and even other sites that there are a sledload of people who only come to woot to get the bags, and never purchase anything else.

I am not surprised that things changed to some extent. A few bad apples ruin the pie for all.

gkrausmann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gkrausmann
johnwpb wrote:I miss the old woot

This is what you get when woot! sells out to Amazon.

sparks4516

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparks4516

Woot guided by Amazon has a crappy business model in place. Just like Netflix, way to alienate your strong customer base Woot. 2012 will not go down as a Woot year to remember. Maybe in 2013 they will pull there heads out and remember who they are.

oeowoeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oeowoeow

No "too late for christmas" gift tag? does that mean I can get them in time for Christmas?

zott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zott

As I said in April: Shark Jumped.

I have been wooting since 2006 my 94 woots were fun....but this is clearly a change that I can't accept. Too many products, too many pages and no real deals. For years I checked woot religiously, got my friends and co-workers addicted to woot and generally enjoyed the daily distraction. But the changes and rudness have made woot into trash heap of poor deals. I'll stick to Walmart for that. Good bye woot. Today I uninstalled all my woot checkers and I am certain the my company's IT guys will be thrilled that me and my coworkers are not wasting bandwidth here. Good luck.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
andrewkl wrote:To all you college types out there studying business, this has been an excellent lesson in how to build a successful business model, be overcome by greed and corporate money, and then stand by and watch that business decimated.....

I'm sure when those Amazon/Woot execs go back to their giant offices with putting greens, secretaries who have secretaries, and Margarita Fridays (and Micro-brew Mondays, Tequila Tuesdays, etc.) they'll read all of these comments and laugh. Though there are countless Woot fans that are angry that they didn't get their Christmas crap this year, the fact is that Woot will make much more money on these batteries. The crap is in limited supply, but they can sell batteries all day. The casual Wooter visits the site, thinks "Hey my kids just got 17 new toys that take AA's, I'm in for 3" and Woot profits much more than from selling a crappy sack to some lonely guy at midnight.

To all you college types out there studying business, this has been an excellent lesson in how to build a successful business model. Figure out what obsessive people love to make your business stand out from all the others, then when it's bigger than all the others figure out what will make you the most money. Don't worry about the original customers who angrily walk out the door, because now they only make up 5% of your business. Most will stick around anyways, if for no other reason than to complain.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

And new people missing the point. Somewhere along the way someone mistook pretending to be rude to customers with actually being rude. They missed the joke.

ecvogel76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecvogel76
whatsamattaU wrote:I know this is going to be way too long, but,...

Looks like it's more like 2/3 black squares are complaining, but I don't see the ratios you're seeing between the black squares and the non-black squares. Everyone seems pretty angry.

I'm working tonight, that's my excuse.

I got my one bag in the past, happy with it, not the reason I come here.

I'm not thrilled with the too-many items-to-search-through revision, but I'm buying about the same this year as previous years.

I think the things woot sells are different w/Amazon as owner, but not as much or as bad as others say when I look back at woot sales from a few years ago. Expensive and cheap and in between.

I don't blame others for leaving, but I haven't had any problems buying almost 50 items, and the main reason I come is to see what other shoppers say. If I was just looking for a bargain, I'd find another relatively trustworthy site where it's sometimes easier to find things.

The customer service is what it is, but I've not been burned yet. They certainly could have communicated more clearly about the bag.

People who complain about their posts taken down fail to realize that if I'm going to buy something, I don't want to wade through all of the complaint posts to find info. I'm not against people rightly ranting, but to not expect it to be deleted?? Really?? If you want your post to stay, go to world of woot. If I complain about something and it's not relevant to the sale, I don't expect it to stay.

My guess: see how many other 1 day sale sites there are? Several of you have pointed to them already. My gut feeling is Amazon figured they have to stay ahead of the curve, and rightly or wrongly, went to this multi-product model which has it's own tradeoffs. They've lost and will certainly lose customers because of this, but I understand why they're doing it. I'd still recommend a cleaner list, easier to access somehow of the different woot/wootplus items available, but that's me.

If woot stays in business, it will be because of the forums and the comments on the products more than what they sell. Despite the facebook episode tonight, bag controversies, etc. I look for the commenters that will help with whatever I buy or don't buy, even for purchases not on woot.

I wish I had more time, but the fact that I'm still working at this hour on Christmas day is not a good sign, and I've got to be on the road tomorrow, and obviously this isn't the best use of my time, but I felt that since I only get the time to peek at woot normally nowadays, but saw the hullabaloo tonight, I'd chime in.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays/New Year to all of you regardless, even the people I've had problems with before. Take care.

P.S.:To compare at Walmart, "Combo pack contains 26 batteries of Rayovac for $17.97 online, with free shipping if you buy $45 products:

8 AA batteries
8 AAA batteries
4 C batteries
4 D batteries
Two 9V batteries
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-Batteries-AMC5-Rayovac-AAA-AA-C-D-and-9V-26-Count-Battery-Combo-Pack-A-26.35-Value/22053719

Big Lots sells ighly rated Fujitsu batteries
4 AA or AAA $2.50
2 C or D $2.50
with shipping it not a good deal for AA or AAA. I didnt check the others.

Eric Vogel
http://www.ecvogel.com
Wootage: Zcyber i3 Mini Speaker
Pinnacle DVD Maker Deluxe/Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter, zcyber speakers, Woot Off Lights w/ Screaming Monkey, Woot Off Lights, 2x $5 12ft HDMI Cables.
Woot Shirts: Hello I AM IT; Giraffee Dino Scarf; Star Constilation.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
ThunderThighs wrote:Please accept my apologies for the comments on FB (not mine) and that they misconstrued to mean something that is definitely not what we at Woot feel. We love and appreciate our customers. We can't always be exactly what you want us to be but we do try to be something that you'll like at least a bit.

I ♥ each and every one of you.

I'm sorry, but "I'm sorry you misunderstood what we wrote" is not an apology.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PogoProphet wrote:Will this ship in time for Christmas?!

Christmas 2013? You bet! Even the snail can get it there in time.

Also, Merry Christmas wishes back to those that extended them overnight:

mrbrightside, mdrcoast, charliecarroll, josmul123, computermd82, RobinBobcat, stryper2000, and jmbunkin

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day filled with loved ones.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

arnstrb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arnstrb

Many loyal Wooters are upset that the woot.com website did not offer the Random Bunch of Cheer that wooter's have come to expect on Christmas Day. Woot.com executive, Mike Harris responded that the event took him totally by surprise. He explains that 4 soon to be former Woot employees conspired to leave out the hidden link to the Bunch of Cheer They are all members of a Central Texas cult that was preparing for the what was thought to be the predicted end of the world 4 days earlier and were upset that the event did not happen. Mr Harris said that this sort of employee behavior will not be tolerated and that Woot.com will takes steps to ensure that this does not happen again

Presidential press secretary, Jay Carney, when asked about the events at Woot said the President Barack Obama was told of Woot's failure to offer the annual Christmas Bunch of Cheer at 1:17 am, Washington time. The president issued a brief statement. "It is unfortunate that rogue employees were able to disappoint many people by their selfish acts. However, this event is currently very low on the priority list, as the looming fiscal cliff is much more pressing.

Amazon.com founder Jeffrey Bezos, could not be reached for comment. But a representative for Amazon indicated that this will be looked into.

In the meantime, Woot.com will continue to offer various items for sale, where the once the item is sold out, it is sold out. And it will continue to try to entertain its members with humorous descriptions and videos of the products it sells.

JAKWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JAKWoot
goldbond63 wrote:Recommendation to Woot / Amazon.

Genius idea!

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee
msstrickland wrote:Well, its been real woot. After spending thousands of dollars and buying 50+ items on your site, I'm done with this site forever. Definitely the last straw. Being in finance for a large company I understand trying to maximize profitability, but abandoning your loyal customer base in the age of social media is going to prove to be a major mistake.

Ditto that.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
ThunderThighs wrote:

THanks, TT. Hope Santa brings you everything you want. Even if you don't do Xmas!