WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

That's Not a Knife!

Despite what a certain dated Australian hero might tell you, these are in fact knives. Pretty useful ones, too, as they're both portable and, you know, sharp. For my money (and yours; this is ultimately a shopping site) those are pretty much the two main things knives have to be ... although maybe not in that order.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 561 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Let's design a new Rock/Paper/Scissors game. What beats what?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brrowla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brrowla

Blade isn't much use. Soft, serrated. I carried its predecessor for a while. Great for randomly vandalizing things. Bad for pretty much everything else. If you need something like this, you'd be better off with something else. Not useless, but if you own other tools, not likely going to get much satisfaction from a multi. Particularly, this multi. A bargain at half the price! heavier than carrying a knife, screwdriver and vise-grip, and not nearly as useful.

tomduff87

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomduff87

The Kershaw Vapor III Partially Serrated knife is a great utility knife to have around the house or office. I ordered one a while back one of the other times they were offered on here, and I definitely don't regret it. You won't regret it either, especially at 10 bucks.

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18
brrowla wrote:Blade isn't much use. Soft, serrated. I carried its predecessor for a while. Great for randomly vandalizing things. Bad for pretty much everything else. If you need something like this, you'd be better off with something else. Not useless, but if you own other tools, not likely going to get much satisfaction from a multi. Particularly, this multi. A bargain at half the price! heavier than carrying a knife, screwdriver and vise-grip, and not nearly as useful.

It's predecessor? So basically your review has nothing to do with this particular Gerber? And I dont know about you, but for me, multi tools aren't meant to replace actual tools, and if you use a knife a lot (an actual tool), you should be carrying a knife.

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18

The Kershaw here is awesome for the price BTW. China made, but impossible to beat for 10 bucks. Might buy a spare or two.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

------------------
I Bet on Sky

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95

Well, since I have the CRKT's (5 of them) and 2 Gerber Multi-tools - I guess that is time to stock up on Kershaw Knives - in for 2....for now! for the price is a bargain!

hondac95

hondac95 wrote:Well, since I have the CRKT's (5 of them) and 2 Gerber Multi-tools - I guess that is time to stock up on Kershaw Knives - in for 2....for now! for the price is a bargain!

Temptation was too much - in for three more CRKT's

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

Got this Kershaw for christmas today. Love it, sharp and ease of use opening/closing with 1 hand.

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

That CRKT knife is cheaper every time it shows up. I paid $10 for mine a month ago.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

When did Gerber venture out of baby food and into multi-tools?

OldElvis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OldElvis

Why can't someone make a small tool like this that includes a can opener? I'd like to have one backpacking, but both Gerber and Leatherman make ones with can openers, but they weigh a ton. I'd like a small Swiss Army with a can opener as well, but the need to have like 10 blades to include a can opener.

We will find a way or we will make one. Hannibal ~ 200 B.C.

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000
OldElvis wrote:Why can't someone make a small tool like this that includes a can opener? I'd like to have one backpacking, but both Gerber and Leatherman make ones with can openers, but they weigh a ton. I'd like a small Swiss Army with a can opener as well, but the need to have like 10 blades to include a can opener.

Then it would weigh a ton!!

anthonyg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonyg

The Kershaw VaporIII is a great knife and I gave each of my groomsmen one at my wedding. I cant complain about Kershaw knives and the Vapor stays with my hiking backpack. I paid $20 a piece off Amazon a few months back.

http://microhiker.blogspot.com

subether

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether
OldElvis wrote:Why can't someone make a small tool like this that includes a can opener? I'd like to have one backpacking, but both Gerber and Leatherman make ones with can openers, but they weigh a ton. I'd like a small Swiss Army with a can opener as well, but the need to have like 10 blades to include a can opener.

HEad over to an army surplus store and ask if they have any P-38s or P-51s? They are small enough to fit on a key ring.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

My Pazoda is great. If I could afford another 29 for three more shipped I would but...Christmas shopping has me tapped out.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Anyone want to trade two plain edge Kershaws for the two serrated I bought?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
ThunderThighs wrote:Let's design a new Rock/Paper/Scissors game. What beats what?

B_O_C
Screaming Monkey
Bacon Salt

Bunch of Cheer beats Screaming Monkey
Screaming monkey beats Bacon Salt
Bacon Salt beats Bunch of Cheer

hudsm9589

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hudsm9589

This was one of the best "about this product" descriptions ever in regards to Knifes. Lol, do yourself a favor and read it.

ckeilah

hudsm9589 wrote:This was one of the best "about this product" descriptions ever in regards to Knifes. Lol, do yourself a favor and read it.

Scott Pilgrim was a fun movie, but the paragraph write-up is hardly among woot!'s best.

No takers on the trade? I thought y'all were serration crazy. Oh well.

ckeilah

ThunderThighs wrote:Let's design a new Rock/Paper/Scissors game. What beats what?

2nd Amendment
de rigueur hated gun (or Sharp Knife)
Tyrannical Government

PS: the way things are going, all of these knives (I mean "weapons of mass destruction") will be outlawed by the time they arrive on your doorstep--delivery accompanied by warrant-less, armed, thugs to take you away, for the public good. ;-P

Seriously? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation#State_and_local_laws

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

@Figit090 and @hondac95: Only non-serrated CRKT Pazoda knives are left; would you still recommend them?

hondac95

tsukitensh wrote:@Figit090 and @hondac95: Only non-serrated CRKT Pazoda knives are left; would you still recommend them?

75% of the Pazoda's I bought are non-serrated as they are easier to sharpen (not that they need to be). I only got 2 serrated in my collection just in case, as I see these more as a tool and sometimes they cut through a little bit faster, specially small branches. Doesn't matter which one you get, you'll be happy.

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt

Bought a couple of the CRKT Pazodas in the last sale. I'm quite happy with them. Sturdy construction, decently sharp right out of the box, the open frame means box tape duty won't gunk up the works, and the pocket clip makes it convenient as a work knife. For $8 I doubt you could do better.

rjacobse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjacobse
hondac95 wrote:Well, since I have the CRKT's (5 of them) and 2 Gerber Multi-tools - I guess that is time to stock up on Kershaw Knives - in for 2....for now! for the price is a bargain!

"Stock up?" On knives? I never figured that knives were a disposable product, like TP or baked beans.

hondac95

rjacobse wrote:"Stock up?" On knives? I never figured that knives were a disposable product, like TP or baked beans.

They are good for "last minute gifts", and they can be disposable, is all depends on where or how you use them ;)

tsukitensh

hondac95 wrote:They are good for "last minute gifts", and they can be disposable, is all depends on where or how you use them ;)

Also, knives are sort of like swords. And you can never have too many swords.

hondac95

tsukitensh wrote:Also, knives are sort of like swords. And you can never have too many swords.

Where is the "Like" button?.....oops wrong website

tsukitensh

Got my pazoda! Opened it up... looks nice! But, uh... how do you close it?
Edit: never mind, I got it

kanamin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kanamin

Got my Pazoda and it won't lock open... Gonna have to do a bit of filing (the lock mechanism won't engage by itself, you can force it in but this is hardly practical).

bobiii84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobiii84
brrowla wrote:Blade isn't much use. Soft, serrated. I carried its predecessor for a while. Great for randomly vandalizing things. Bad for pretty much everything else. If you need something like this, you'd be better off with something else. Not useless, but if you own other tools, not likely going to get much satisfaction from a multi. Particularly, this multi. A bargain at half the price! heavier than carrying a knife, screwdriver and vise-grip, and not nearly as useful.

Calm down Ben, it's not that bad!

bobiii84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobiii84
bobiii84 wrote:Calm down Ben, it's not that bad!

But actually the metal that holds the knife from folding all the way back snapped on mine after not much use. Kind of annoying but I'm going to attempt to weld it regardless.