WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptoperation

You know what would be an awesome New Year's Resolution? Getting a new laptop. You know where you could get one? Woot. You waiting for something clever or witty about this intro? Not coming, I'm loaded on eggnog and totally phoning it in. As an apology, here are many great deals on laptops, and also some speakers.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

In case you didn't get one for the holidays - computers galore! What do you have your eye on?

I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I wonder if those HD/6 speakers are designed to look retro, or if they're just old stock? Looks like something to plug into the Soundblaster in your 486 before you fire up Doom.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

hoosiercub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoosiercub

The 17" HP is not for gaming, the FirePro video card will not handle things well if you plan on going that route.

GirlFromJerzey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GirlFromJerzey

I need a new laptop. I use it mainly for work applications (like ms office), database work, web design, email, web surfing, pictures, facebook, etc. - but I don't need it for gaming. (OK, I do dabble in a few FB games, but that's not really gaming is it?) I don't want a screen smaller than 17" as I'm on it at least 8 hours a day. The HP EliteBook 8760w XU089UTR Notebook, 17.3” looks interesting but I can't find any reviews on it. Anyone have any comments on it? Thanks!

PS - Speed is important. When I hit a button I want immediate results. I'm so impatient. When working I have several applications open at once working or transferring data between them. Having at least 6-10 tabs open at once is pretty normal.

minayajose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minayajose

That HP G7-1261N is catching my eye... but i dont get paid till friday.. I hope its still available... maybe i should start slandering it on the boards :D

eliasbrown01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliasbrown01

Anyone know how to find out what kind of warranty is included with the 17.3" HP Elitebook?

elfleadermike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfleadermike

Another set of low cost sold out items T.T

rangerrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rangerrock

Previous discussion for the Dell XPS on Woot.
I play some RPGs and FPS on the road, and this looked good enough for the price. Also, Windows 7 and not the Windows ME of this cycle.
I was comparing to this lenovo on newegg with similar specs and price, but wanted the GeForce 550 of the Dell instead of the GeForce 635.

fleebag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fleebag

"You know what would be an awesome New Year's Resolution?"

Something higher than 1366x768 for LCDs larger than 9 inches?

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase

User Guide and Compatibility Checker for the Universal power adapter available here: http://www.myinnergie.com/mCubePlus/default.aspx

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

jderas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jderas

You mentioned you wondered if there was an "Orange" computer to compare to Apple. In fact there used to be an Orange computer that was a clone of the Apple II:

http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102662865

MrsBeny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBeny

Hey! The HP EliteBook 8460p LQ164AWR Notebook had a taker! His name is...er... Someone bought one!

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez
miken927 wrote:I wonder if those HD/6 speakers are designed to look retro, or if they're just old stock? Looks like something to plug into the Soundblaster in your 486 before you fire up Doom.

My guess is old stock. They have ones just like em and have for a long time (for basically the same price) in the Koss Outlet Store attached to the factory in Milwaukee. Love their headphones, but never bit the bullet on a pair of computer speakers.