WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you already bored of playing with your Wii U?
  • 4.3% - Oh, Good Lord, yes. 146
  • 2.4% - Nope, not me! I’m loving the change in style! 83
  • 2.6% - Not yet, but I see the day coming unless an amazing game shows up. 89
  • 36.7% - I do not have a Wii U. Please, bored people, give me yours. 1256
  • 54% - I do not want a Wii U. Sorry you’re bored. 1850
3424 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

KolorBlindKid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KolorBlindKid

That's 95.8% of wooters who don't play a crap gaming system.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
KolorBlindKid wrote:That's 95.8% of wooters who don't play a crap gaming system.

And not nearly enough people bored with it to give to the people who want theirs.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Poor Nintendo... they can't get a break from gamers or the press. Everyone says that they should produce a machine that has super-high specs, but if they did that, then the Wii-U would be $699 and would compete directly with the XBox720 and PS4.

I'm glad that Nintendo has carved out their own little niche with systems with unique controllers. The Wii-U controller gives a unique gameplay experience and its existence as part of the original hardware set guarantees that we'll see some awesome games that use it.

Compare this to add-on controllers, like the PS3 Move. There is a great controller, but most of the games that I've seen either don't use it, or use it poorly, which makes sense. Afterall, if you're a game developer and 15% of your audience has a particular peripheral, how much times are you really going to dedicate to it? On the other hand, when 100% of Wii-U owners have a Wii-U controller, you're going to make sure that the controller is well-utilized. (I know that there are tons of counter-examples to what I just said, so please don't hurt me, but I think we can agree that the general trend is true.)

So, while the Wii-U may not have the best graphics after the release of Microsoft's and Sony's next systems in a couple of years, I think it will be the system that gives the most unique (and fun) gameplay experiences. And I would love to see a review that focuses on that.

PS: Dear Nintendo, you need to learn to download the updates in the background. I'm sick of waiting for 20 minutes while an update downloads before I can play a game (or use Netflix or Hulu). Thank you.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

It has nothing to do with the machine. There is only one exclusive Wii U game worth owning, and none on the horizon. The Wii only had about 10 games worth owning. I'll buy a Wii U when the price of the system goes down and/or the number of games worth owning goes up.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

cvsherrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvsherrill

I'm not really sorry at all. If you bought a Wii U, you shoulda known better and bought a PS Vita instead.

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo
dlcarst77 wrote:It has nothing to do with the machine. There is only one exclusive Wii U game worth owning, and none on the horizon. The Wii only had about 10 games worth owning. I'll buy a Wii U when the price of the system goes down and/or the number of games worth owning goes up.

Well my kids love it. After homework it is his most fun hour of play time and he seems to be using up some energy with the jumping, kicking, and arm gestures to get out of breath and need water. Perfect for the cold nights when he cannot go outside to play. I like playing Resort too. Though I might get COD for it soon.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

thepooda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepooda

I think I use mine mostly for watching Netflix and Hulu. I love the connectivity with the main remote.

But seriously, it needs new games. I'll be happy once I get a true RPG.. but then again.. I waited until this summer to get the first RPG for the Wii worth a damn. =(

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Just my opinion, but I think Nintendo is convinced that gaming is about the controller, not the games. Although this may be attractive to casual gamers, little kids and older folks, I believe serious gamers will always disagree.

mlb451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlb451

I think its hard to evaluate any console at launch.

X360: Red Rings of Death abound, Perfect Dark Zero was the 'premier" launch title, the OS looked like crap.

PS3: Cost $600, scalped for $800, nobody bought it.

Now both are hugely successful selling over 700,000 units each.

Give it time. A seven year old machine like the 360 can churn out amazing graphics in Halo 4...I'm excited to see the potential of the Wii U come to light.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I don't even have a regular Wii yet. But if someone would like to donate their old one to me, that would make me very happy!!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

asantoianni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asantoianni

Quite a diversion considering the rubbish you are peddling in today's Woot Off.