ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gkrausmann wrote:Disappointment, mostly.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

Love it when I wake up to a Woot-off! Even better that I didn't miss anything fantastic overnight.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
stv6669 wrote:Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-LEDTV4626-46-Inch-1080p-Monitor/product-reviews/B004IZN3QQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Ouch....

That's the non-3d version I take it? It doesn't matter imo - the reviews are horrid. Coby has seriously gone from bad to worse

I wish this was at least mediocre...

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney

A bunch of brats ITT.
I'm picturing most of you foaming at the mouth while pounding on your keyboard. Chill out, ya'll.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dlcarst77 wrote:Love it when I wake up to a Woot-off! Even better that I didn't miss anything fantastic overnight.

You missed me.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BillyAtherton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BillyAtherton
stv6669 wrote:Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-LEDTV4626-46-Inch-1080p-Monitor/product-reviews/B004IZN3QQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Ouch....

Not the same tv... close but no cigar

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

ThunderThighs

Staff

eldiablohijo wrote:I can keep a secret! If you give me a bunch of Coupon Codes i'll keep them all a secret and keep them to myself!

I just bet you would. Stinker.

FORUM MODERATOR

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669
miken927 wrote:Not that it matters much, but that's a different model; this is the Coby LED3DTV4686 (according to the specs tab)

Searched all over and found no-legit reviews of the TV anywhere. Only review I found was some guy trying to said it had exceptionally great sound quality - based on all other coby TV reviews I know that is impossible.

jimmyjayjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmyjayjr

Looks like nobody wants a 3D TV a quick fad. gives you a headache .

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
cinoclav wrote:Famous maker? Seriously? More like famously craptastic. Since when did Coby become so elite that their name couldn't be mentioned?

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Anyone out there who actually knows what they are talking about(as in you bought this the last time it was up) have anything to say about this TV ?

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
ehejl wrote:In this case, it makes them "infamous."

You missed the point. For what they are aruging, infamous and famous are the same thing. If everyone's heard of it, it's famous.

If it's famous for a bad reason, it's infamous. You can't be infamous, without being famous.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
jimmyjayjr wrote:Looks like nobody wants a 3D TV a quick fad. gives you a headache .

I take it you do not have one. I love my LG Passive 3d tv - no headaches and beautiful games and movies.

This is an Active 3d, so even if it had great reviews it would be a total pass for me.

Aullios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aullios

Nothing like a wootoff to distract me from work all day. I'm looking for a new monitor anyway...

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

Comes w/ 2 pair of active glasses.

What's wrong with adding the $70 warranty and adding a small 3d to my collection? Warranty 3 years) a good deal, or a bother?

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

Just realized it's a 3D television.

Still wouldn't buy it though even though it seems like a good price.

rocknrollohio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rocknrollohio

Coby Von Jovi .

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
eldiablohijo wrote:Just realized it's a 3D television.

Still wouldn't buy it though even though it seems like a good price.

And it's actually new! That's kind of unusual for a cheap woot TV.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Turd41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turd41

Surprisingly, Coby has smoothing and anti-pixiliation technology that the big boys should have. Their motion processing and transition is superior. There's not a better picture at three times the cost. However, there's no sound so it's definitely not a stand alone set. But, if you're planning to run a separate amp and speakers, this monitor is a bargain.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
lbmouse wrote: Seriously, Colby is such garbage that they have to use the same font as Sony to try and trick people.

That's pretty much their entire business model. It's Sony for people who can't afford Sony and who hope other people won't look too closely at the logo.

It's the consumer electronics version of buying your kid a "Harry the Wizard" doll.

lvennard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lvennard

Ive never heard of Coby. so, they arent famous to me.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
jmbunkin wrote:Anyone out there who actually knows what they are talking about(as in you bought this the last time it was up) have anything to say about this TV ?

No reviews available found anywhere.. 46" / LED / 3D / 120 Hz refresh at a stupid low price. This is WOOT!!! Pay 3x as much for Samsung and it's not 3D.

What's the return policy?

mehul748

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mehul748

After all the posts I am disappointed to buy this...

no one has any reviews, found one that seems to be fake

http://www.buy.com/prod/coby-led3dtv4686-46-3d-1080p-led-lcd-tv-16-9-hdtv-1080p-120-hz-atsc/219509186.html

R&D

quality posts: 2 Private Messages R&D

Hmmm... exactly what are the criteria for a television maker to be considered "famous"?

After the Woot Comfort Pillow (with instructions to insert the pillow in the necessary cover, but no cover in the deal) debacle, I'm a little more skeptical... Does this "FAMOUS" TV come with a power cord?

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
Turd41 wrote:Surprisingly, Coby has smoothing and anti-pixiliation technology that the big boys should have. Their motion processing and transition is superior. There's not a better picture at three times the cost. However, there's no sound so it's definitely not a stand alone set. But, if you're planning to run a separate amp and speakers, this monitor is a bargain.

Thank you. What about the corner "lights" that show during low light scenes?

The reviews on Amazon were for all models BUT the 46" and even that wasn't this 3D model!

teknokill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages teknokill

You know I have a Coby 32" 60 HZ TV. I got it as a free promotional TV when I spent $3000 at a furniture store. I've had it for 3 years connected and it's been a great TV for me. I almost coughed myself to death when I saw it was a Coby intially. It has one lone pixel that is out that I can't even really notice because the picture is so vivid. I recently checked reviews of Cobys and actually saw low scores, but for dumb reasons like a bad remote control or low audio levels. Most Flat Screens have crappy audio quality. Buy a soundbar if you use it in a bedroom and upgrade yor remote control. All I want from a TV is a great picture at for at least a minimum of 6-8 years. At this rate Coby will achieve this. Great Job Famous Maker!

gaudi444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaudi444

Can you guys put the philips hd connect up again? Just missed it.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
Turd41 wrote:However, there's no sound so it's definitely not a stand alone set. But, if you're planning to run a separate amp and speakers, this monitor is a bargain.

The specs say Built-in 10W x 2 Speakers...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast
ashli143 wrote:I take it you do not have one. I love my LG Passive 3d tv - no headaches and beautiful games and movies.

This is an Active 3d, so even if it had great reviews it would be a total pass for me.

Plus 1. This TV is at a great price, but you are getting a $350 TV. You get what you pay for.

But, if this is your budget, its cheap.

lbmouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbmouse
ehejl wrote:In this case, it makes them "infamous."

Infamous means it's more than famous. It's not only famous, it's infamous.

aaronf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronf
gkrausmann wrote:Famous among "x-Mart shoppers" (K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.)

Very true... that would have been the best way to phrase it.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
ThunderThighs wrote:You missed me.

ThunderThighs, I often wonder if you are one super-mod who never takes a vacation and rarely sleeps, or if in fact you are several people all under the same name. I like to think super-mod, dedicating your whole life to Woot! and us Wooters. You probably don't even get paid, just doing it for the glory.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

When did Coby become a famous maker? I thought they only distributed inferior Chinese built electronics.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Was all excited to check out until I saw the brand.

...Did I just buy that?

joeind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeind

Should be "infamous maker".

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

A wootoff after christmas? I haz no moneys now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dlcarst77 wrote:ThunderThighs, I often wonder if you are one super-mod who never takes a vacation and rarely sleeps, or if in fact you are several people all under the same name. I like to think super-mod, dedicating your whole life to Woot! and us Wooters. You probably don't even get paid, just doing it for the glory.

I am but one person who has no life. LOL. Honestly though, I've always taken my jobs very seriously and work hard for my company. And you better damn well believe that I get paid. I haz bills!

But thank you.

FORUM MODERATOR

sedgerton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sedgerton

Come on folks.. Coby is a famous maker.. If it weren't for brands like Coby, we wouldn't appreciate Sony, Panasonic, or any of the crap Walmart carries.

hpham99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpham99

In the box:

Coby LED3DTV4686 46" 1080p 3D LED HDTV !