sedgerton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sedgerton
Wolffhardt wrote:It's a problem when the "Anti-Apple" movement because much more annoying then the fanboys that they are combatting.

We get it. You don't like Apple, it's cool. Not everyone does.

You know, if you posted that from Microsoft Word, it would have recommended a PROPER spelling for you!! LoL

FredWallace18

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FredWallace18
Wolffhardt wrote:It's a problem when the "Anti-Apple" movement because much more annoying then the fanboys that they are combatting.

It's like politics. Both sides can't understand the other's stupidity, and are desperately trying to save their souls. I, for example, am just trying to save people hundreds/thousands of dollars, because I have too many friends who shouldn't be able to afford Macs but somehow justify it.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
sedgerton wrote:You know, if you posted that from Microsoft Word, it would have recommended a PROPER spelling for you!! LoL

You run your posts through Word first? (I only own an iPhone, no other apple products.)

Thanks for helping me out, though.

aumiket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aumiket
FredWallace18 wrote:It's like politics. Both sides can't understand the other's stupidity, and are desperately trying to save their souls. I, for example, am just trying to save people hundreds/thousands of dollars, because I have too many friends who shouldn't be able to afford Macs but somehow justify it.

And I'm sure they REALLY appreciate your "support."

[\sarcasm]

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
FredWallace18 wrote:It's like politics. Both sides can't understand the other's stupidity, and are desperately trying to save their souls. I, for example, am just trying to save people hundreds/thousands of dollars, because I have too many friends who shouldn't be able to afford Macs but somehow justify it.

You know what they say. A Fool and their money are soon parted.

I'm a pretty big fool myself. Luckily right now I have no money to part with.

sedgerton

Wolffhardt wrote:You run your posts through Word first? (I only own an iPhone, no other apple products.)

Thanks for helping me out, though.

:-) I knew I recognized an auto correct gone wrong..

As for me,, I'm just stirring the pot..

I have both "Apple" and "PC" ... love em both...

Wolffhardt

That's great. You're right though, it is exactly like politics. In that, you aren't going to change a single person's mind.. So you could just avoid being annoying about it.

We get it, you think that the New Year's aren't good value. That's fine. I don't own one either, because I can't justify it. Guess what? The people buying them? They can, and they aren't changing their mind.

Wolffhardt

sedgerton wrote::-) I knew I recognized an auto correct gone wrong..

No - I just don't use the term "combating" very much, and put a second T for some reason. I'm posting from an HP, that my work uses.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

So, what this is then, is Woot reselling all the junk that was broken in transit or otherwise returned as being NFG, hoping that someone will just keep it this time instead of going to the trouble of returning it? I suppose they need to clear the place out for NEXT year's truckloads of refurbs.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Gerg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Gerg
cruiz7197 wrote:I got mine off craigslist for $500--exact same thing without the warrantee...hmm

The Woot macbooks won't come up listed as stolen when the cops run the serial numbers. Bonus.

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney
Wolffhardt wrote:That's great. You're right though, it is exactly like politics. In that, you aren't going to change a single person's mind.. So you could just avoid being annoying about it.

We get it, you think that the New Year's aren't good value. That's fine. I don't own one either, because I can't justify it. Guess what? The people buying them? They can, and they aren't changing their mind.

This is also the internet. People are allowed to have their opinions and can post them in the forum accordingly. If they're staying on topic and not derailing the entire thread, get over it. Telling people they are annoying is annoying.

FredWallace18

Wolffhardt wrote:That's great. You're right though, it is exactly like politics. In that, you aren't going to change a single person's mind.. So you could just avoid being annoying about it.

People gotta stand up for what they believe in. My politics have changed over the years because of listening to others' arguments. If I can give back by influencing just one person to rethink their beliefs, whether on computer or politics, I have done my job.

sedgerton

FredWallace18 wrote:People gotta stand up for what they believe in. My politics have changed over the years because of listening to others' arguments. If I can give back by influencing just one person to rethink their beliefs, whether on computer or politics, I have done my job.

So, it appears "Polishemt" was correct when he posted in the first post,, "Here we go...." I guess he gets his quality points back after all.. :-)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I give up on you people! If you won't give me cats, I'm taking my pillow and going to bed.

Goodnight all!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

blindandcynical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindandcynical

You see my problem is, You can buy a better laptop for cheaper, and put a New Year OS on it. Why pay an extra 500-700 for an apple symbol and a white case.

BUY!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!!! SEND MORE MONEY!

hllywdcarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hllywdcarl
ThunderThighs wrote:FACTORY RECERTIFIED - ONE YEAR APPLE WARRANTY!

...for the same price, get an equivalent PC and a certified pre owned car!

kmashaney

eldiablohijo

ThunderThighs wrote:I give up on you people! If you won't give me cats, I'm taking my pillow and going to bed.

Goodnight all!

I gave you cats!

Wolffhardt

blindandcynical wrote:You see my problem is, You can buy a better laptop for cheaper, and put a New Year OS on it. Why pay an extra 500-700 for an apple symbol and a white case.

BUY!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!!! SEND MORE MONEY!

You see my problem is, be my guest?

No one cares what you decide to do with your money, in lieu of buying a New Year.

Wolffhardt

kmashaney wrote:This is also the internet. People are allowed to have their opinions and can post them in the forum accordingly. If they're staying on topic and not derailing the entire thread, get over it. Telling people they are annoying is annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as telling someone that telling people they are annoying is annoying.

kmashaney

Wolffhardt wrote:Not nearly as annoying as telling someone that telling people they are annoying is annoying.

NOT HARDLY AS ANNOYING AS TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE ANNOYING IS ANNOYING THAT TELLING PEOPL-

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kmashaney wrote:NOT HARDLY AS ANNOYING AS TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE ANNOYING IS ANNOYING THAT TELLING PEOPL-

More cats please.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kevblah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevblah

just bought one, barely made a dent in their inventory

mcdan333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcdan333

Is it New Year compatible?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm just hanging out, really.

FredWallace18

kmashaney wrote:NOT HARDLY AS ANNOYING AS TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING SOMEONE THAT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE ANNOYING IS ANNOYING THAT TELLING PEOPL-

String annoy = "telling people they're annoying is annoying"
while(true){
System.out.println(annoy);
annoy = "telling people that\"" + annoy + "\" is annoying";
}

MMcCraryNJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MMcCraryNJ

I have both a 2010 iMac and a new 2012 MBP (non-Retina). Both ultra spec'd out. I love both computers.

But I will say this: the only reason to get an Apple computer is if you're doing professional work (audio/video production). I'm an audio engineer, and simply put, it's not that Apple products are *better* at the task, it's that the companies who develop the professional software cater to and code the programs primarily on OS X, with the Windows port being an afterthought. This often produces a much more streamlined workflow and all that jazz.

But seriously, I saw one post saying they want to play the Sims and do some light work? Go spend 500 dollars LESS and get a Windows laptop that will have an Ivy Bridge i7, 8 GB RAM, fast SSD or huge, faster hard disk, USB 3.0, and a MUCH better screen (seriously, the screens on all of the non-Retina MBPs are horrid, including mine. My 4 year old Dell laptop has a much nicer display).

Seriously...you don't need an Apple computer and your needs will be much better and much more cheaply served if you got something else.

tpsully1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tpsully1

No Retina = No deal
And I'm tired of cats

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
ThunderThighs wrote:I give up on you people! If you won't give me cats, I'm taking my pillow and going to bed.

Goodnight all!

I was just getting ready to ask you if they ever let you sleep or if they keep you tied to the computer with a shock collar. I slept for six hours, come back and you're still keeping the masses in line.

amkeith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amkeith

Dear Woot,
Please consider creating another tab entitled Has Nothing to do With Woot as a place for all these "off task" comments and save this area for honest critiques of the product. Thank you.

jabramsja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabramsja
MMcCraryNJ wrote:I have both a 2010 iMac and a new 2012 MBP (non-Retina). Both ultra spec'd out. I love both computers.

But I will say this: the only reason to get an Apple computer is if you're doing professional work (audio/video production). I'm an audio engineer, and simply put, it's not that Apple products are *better* at the task, it's that the companies who develop the professional software cater to and code the programs primarily on OS X, with the Windows port being an afterthought. This often produces a much more streamlined workflow and all that jazz.

But seriously, I saw one post saying they want to play the Sims and do some light work? Go spend 500 dollars LESS and get a Windows laptop that will have an Ivy Bridge i7, 8 GB RAM, fast SSD or huge, faster hard disk, USB 3.0, and a MUCH better screen (seriously, the screens on all of the non-Retina MBPs are horrid, including mine. My 4 year old Dell laptop has a much nicer display).

Seriously...you don't need an Apple computer and your needs will be much better and much more cheaply served if you got something else.

Yup.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
amkeith wrote:Dear Woot,
Please consider creating another tab entitled Has Nothing to do With Woot as a place for all these "off task" comments and save this area for honest critiques of the product. Thank you.

You mean this: everything but woot ?

FredWallace18

MMcCraryNJ wrote:I have both a 2010 iMac and a new 2012 MBP (non-Retina). Both ultra spec'd out. I love both computers.

Agreed.

kmashaney

FredWallace18 wrote:String annoy = "telling people they're annoying is annoying"
while(true){
System.out.println(annoy);
annoy = "telling people that\"" + annoy + "\" is annoying";
}

eldiablohijo

amkeith wrote:Dear Woot,

Mods asked for cats, we give them cats!