WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gaiam Yoga Mats

What sets Gaiam apart from every other yoga company? We'll tell you: made up statistics show that Gaiam is preferred by the smartest, sexiest, and strongest members of society. Speculative data indicates that Teddy Roosevelt, Lu Bu, and General Patton all would have used Gaiam if it had existed in their days.
Gaiam official site

Quality Posts

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
Speculative data indicates that Teddy Roosevelt, Lu Bu, and General Patton all would have used Gaiam if it had existed in their days.

Don't forget Gandhi! That yellow's pretty close to Saffron, too.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

So many colors and designs from which to choose. What to do?!?!?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mjgoldman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjgoldman

I want a 5mm mat, but like the 3mm prints better. Tempted to get 2 of those and layer.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

They sound like a good deal until you read the bad reviews on Amazon. Any review that says "the mat is not sticky" is a death knell to a yoga mat.

sooshi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sooshi

If you practice often, these are awful. They're way too thin and too slippery.

akakin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akakin

"Dragonflies get your Ohm om"? Really? Don't they know resistance is futile?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I'm a goyim, can I use a gaiam mat?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Continues to prefect his bricks, does he? Does he also police the corridors with Hermione Granger? And what will he do when he graduates school and has to get a real job?

ScraggyBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScraggyBoy

What an unusual job - foot model. I suppose you need to be born with nice feet. Or feet in general, at least.

Scraggyboy WOOT!ed: 63 times and 11 shirts and counting since July 2005

mtrlgrl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mtrlgrl

Not sure if it is from the same company, but I wish they offered the mat that had the yoga exercises printed on them. I bought it for my nephew a while back and he loves it. Now I want one.

garrettwheat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garrettwheat

Anyone know if these are ok to use for Pilates? No experience on either front and just got my wife the Wii Pilates game... Now she wants a mat and showed me one for $35.

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest
garrettwheat wrote:Anyone know if these are ok to use for Pilates? No experience on either front and just got my wife the Wii Pilates game... Now she wants a mat and showed me one for $35.

Pilates mats are typically much thicker (think 10-12mm, not the 3-5mm you see here). I used to do Pilates and when I switched over to yoga I HATED the thinner yoga mats I still like to use my thick Pilates mat when I do yoga at home. (Just don't take one to the yoga studio people. You think "yogis" are non-judgmental? HA!)

aeris82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeris82
garrettwheat wrote:Anyone know if these are ok to use for Pilates? No experience on either front and just got my wife the Wii Pilates game... Now she wants a mat and showed me one for $35.

I'd recommend you check out Manduka mats. I've had one a long time and it's the best.

dhomstad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhomstad

I bought a green/grey Gaiam mat from Target for like 25 or 30$. Measured it at 1/4" thickness, so I'm guessing it's the 5mm version.

Seems medium on the durable scale. I'm not sure if I just have to cut me toe nails, or if the mat is prone to small rips.

It's also medium on the comfort scale. I've been on better and worse, this one is nothing special.

Don't understand what the complaints for lack of stickiness are for? I have used it in hot yoga, where I sweat like an animal, and I can grip the mat while wet.

My main pet peeve is that the thing isn't flat after unrolling. I alternate which side is rolled up, and there always seems to be a slight curl when I unwrap and lay it down. Curl doesn't negatively affect the usage, as the mat lies flat when weighed.

daniel M Homstad

croettger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages croettger

Woot just delivered what should have been orangish bamboo moon mats instead they are purple. That's 4 order screw-ups in this year.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

croettger wrote:Woot just delivered what should have been orangish bamboo moon mats instead they are purple. That's 4 order screw-ups in this year.

jeez. sorry to hear that.
i'm forwarding this post to Support@Woot.com, but you should email, too, just so they, "get it from both ends," so to speak.

apologies again.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.