0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Wireless LED Cabinet Lights, 2-Pack
$17.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra

Nice try, Cylons.

beagletail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beagletail

Yes! Another day of clicking refresh to get the ever elusive Big ol' Celebration. If this didn't happen I was going to go Snipe Hunting today.

jbrief

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbrief

Did I miss the Bibles Of Cincinnati?

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Does each light require 4 AA batteries? Or is it 2 per light for a total of 4 AA batteries?
-=C=-

rkzep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkzep

Wireless? what ever happened to calling stuff battery powered?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
rkzep wrote:Wireless? what ever happened to calling stuff battery powered?

DO YOU KNOW IF I WOULD NEED TO BUY THE WIRES SEPARATELY ?

that was fun while it lasted!

dsbyrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbyrd

I click on comments to try to find some useful information about the product being sold.

And yet again I am met with a bunch of whining about the (lack of) Bee Oh Cee.

What are you people, 12 years old?

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Why does the light in the picture look much brighter than i'd expect for 40 lumens??? I could really use a light like this, but i need more than 40 lumens (i think).
Anyone have these that could way in??

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

okay, serious question here, really!!!

I am looking for a bar b cue lite, something I can put inside the top of the cover and when I lift up the cover, these lites (or lite if I can get away with one) would turn on for a minute while i check my meat. (and I do mean that in a Steak or chicken or bar b cue ribs kind of way.)

Do you think this would do the trick?

alljim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alljim
curtise wrote:Does each light require 4 AA batteries? Or is it 2 per light for a total of 4 AA batteries?
-=C=-

looking at the second picture, it takes 4 per

anyone know how thick these are?

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

$27 on Amazon for a 2-pack. Reviews are good and the lights are bright but evidently rather sensitive, so the batteries might not last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008X15B9I/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=hi

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase
dsbyrd wrote:I click on comments to try to find some useful information about the product being sold.

I wouldn't consider 2 comments "a bunch", and wouldn't consider either of them whining. Take a deep breath.

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

wsmiddel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wsmiddel

The worst part about these is that the motion sensor draws power all the time, killing the battery between the times that you actually need light.

I abandoned some otherwise very good Sayno golden dragons because it killed batteries even with very little actual lighting use.

An actual switch is far superior for these sorts of applications, and the only motion that they should sense is you pushing the on button.

(Sayno was a typo, but an illustrative one, so I left it behind.)

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
dsbyrd wrote:I click on comments to try to find some useful information about the product being sold.

Yes. Yes, we are.

Oh, and they gave Bunch of Cheer#39;s to the high Quality-Posters. Which was full of goodwill, great tidings, etc.
-> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5288058&pageindex=1&replycount=36

So it's kind of unlikely they'll be doing it this week. Maybe.

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze
bpr2 wrote:DO YOU KNOW IF I WOULD NEED TO BUY THE WIRES SEPARATELY ?

Yes. And solder them in and drill some holes and buy a DC power adapter.

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc
lstaff wrote:Why does the light in the picture look much brighter than i'd expect for 40 lumens??? I could really use a light like this, but i need more than 40 lumens (i think).
Anyone have these that could way in??

Lumens are not everything. The focus of the beam is the most important aspect in determining overall brightness.

shakethesheets

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shakethesheets

in for 2. I picked up the chargeable batteries last week, not super worried about the battery life.

payote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages payote

Anyone know if these are watertight? I'm thinking I might put these in a cooler or toolbox lid.

_________
woots! : 42
shirt.woots! : 1 | kids.woots!: 1
wine.woots! : 2 | sellout.woots!: 1
Random Crap : 1 in 6+ years

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
alljim wrote:
anyone know how thick these are?

According to amazon's listing, 1.0 x 2.6 x 4.4 inches.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze
showcaller wrote:okay, serious question here, really!!!

I am looking for a bar b cue lite, something I can put inside the top of the cover and when I lift up the cover, these lites (or lite if I can get away with one) would turn on for a minute while i check my meat. (and I do mean that in a Steak or chicken or bar b cue ribs kind of way.)

Do you think this would do the trick?

I think these would melt.

dsbyrd

tbase wrote:I wouldn't consider 2 comments "a bunch", and wouldn't consider either of them whining. Take a deep breath.

I guess I am aggregating based on all the comments posted on all the other items during the woot off. I guarantee you it won't stop at two here.

Moueska

dsbyrd wrote:I guess I am aggregating based on all the comments comments posted on all the other items during the woot off.

I had a feeling you were. XD

showcaller

KyserSoze wrote:I think these would melt.

Yeah, that was my next question!

I'm going to pass. It's a new bar b cue and the last thing I need are plastic toxic melted glop on the food and all over the inside of the bar b cue.

Thanks, appreciate the comment.

ebxgsxr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebxgsxr

im going to try these out. i bought two. i'll try under the counter but also use the other 2 in closets. if the motion is as sensitive as some are saying, under the counters may not be the best scenario.

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra
KyserSoze wrote:I think these would melt.

I was going to say the same. For a BBQ light, you'd be better off getting a decent-quality book light or reading lamp you could clamp on the side and click it on and off as needed.

Certainly someone makes a heat-resistant grill light, but I'd think getting a multi-purpose clamp light or lantern would be a better buy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dsbyrd wrote:I guess I am aggregating based on all the comments posted on all the other items during the woot off. I guarantee you it won't stop at two here.

Ward, be nice to the Wooters. Let them have their fun.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

showcaller

buenocabra wrote:I was going to say the same. For a BBQ light, you'd be better off getting a decent-quality book light or reading lamp you could clamp on the side and click it on and off as needed.

Certainly someone makes a heat-resistant grill light, but I'd think getting a multi-purpose clamp light or lantern would be a better buy.

I agree.

I suspect I could have a field day at Harbor Fright. One just opened up a few blocks from where we live. I'm trying to convince the wife that we sell the house and just pay them rent and see if we can live in the store!

ThunderThighs

Staff

All I can think of when I see motion sensing is the cat we had that would walk in the pantry just to turn the light on. Because she could.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Moueska

ThunderThighs wrote:Ward, be nice to the Wooters. Let them have their fun.

OHEMGEE A GOLDEN ERA TV REF.

Does that mean that we might get a visit from "Timmy"?

XD

dsbyrd

ThunderThighs wrote:Ward, be nice to the Wooters. Let them have their fun.

I usually do June. I very rarely post.

Back to lurking.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dsbyrd wrote:I usually do June. I very rarely post.

Back to lurking.

No need to lurk. Just be kind to your fellow wooters.

flameout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flameout

Mine arrived today. Now I'm glad I only bought the one 2-pack. These things are junk. They never shut off!! I mounted one under a cabinet and one in a closet. So far both have been on for a few hours without ever shutting off, and there is absolutely no motion causing them to stay on. I should have known better. Woot is turning into nothing more than a glorified dollar store

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
flameout wrote:Mine arrived today. Now I'm glad I only bought the one 2-pack. These things are junk. They never shut off!! I mounted one under a cabinet and one in a closet. So far both have been on for a few hours without ever shutting off, and there is absolutely no motion causing them to stay on. I should have known better. Woot is turning into nothing more than a glorified dollar store

I'm not having this problem. I bought 4 and I'll buy more if Woot puts them on sale again.

ThunderThighs

Staff

flameout wrote:Mine arrived today. Now I'm glad I only bought the one 2-pack. These things are junk. They never shut off!! I mounted one under a cabinet and one in a closet. So far both have been on for a few hours without ever shutting off, and there is absolutely no motion causing them to stay on. I should have known better. Woot is turning into nothing more than a glorified dollar store

These have a 1-year warranty through the manufacturer. You should contact them to see if there's some easy fix they can talk you through. If not, they can arrange for warranty repair.

flameout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flameout
ThunderThighs wrote:These have a 1-year warranty through the manufacturer. You should contact them to see if there's some easy fix they can talk you through. If not, they can arrange for warranty repair.

To late, already threw them out. To bad they didn't come with an on/off switch, then I could have at least used them as expensive flashlights