0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad 15.6" Core i5 Laptop
$699.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

$700 for an i5 with 4 gb of RAM? pass

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Before you get started, don't compare this to a consumer grade laptop.

This is a commercial grade laptop. Thinkpads are workhorses and are built tough for lots of travel.

There's no comparison to consumer grade laptops.

Also notice the 3 year warranty and Windows 7 Professional (not Home).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

spyderkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spyderkeeper
stv6669 wrote:$700 for an i5 with 4 gb of RAM? pass

It's a thinkpad. These have magical professional powers that the ideapads just don't possess. They get you into a special black laptop club in the airport where everyone can sit around and use their tablets while resting drinks on their "durable" business class laptops.

CavalierX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CavalierX

Here's a review of the Thinkpad L520 from notebookcheck.net:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-L520-NWB53GE-Notebook.54102.0.html

confusedemmy

quality posts: 24 Private Messages confusedemmy

And it is eighty dollars cheaper than it was on tech woot yesterday. It also has a 9-cell battery.

eastercow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eastercow

Hopefully this is just someone in the woot office hoping to sell off their laptop so they can justify expensing an ipad.

skinnermm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skinnermm
CavalierX wrote:Here's a review of the Thinkpad L520 from notebookcheck.net:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-L520-NWB53GE-Notebook.54102.0.html

Grams? Euros?? WHY I CAN'T MAKE HEADS NOR TAILS OF THIS REVIEW

derekggreene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derekggreene
ThunderThighs wrote:Before you get started, don't compare this to a consumer grade laptop.

This is a commercial grade laptop. Thinkpads are workhorses and are built tough for lots of travel.

There's no comparison to consumer grade laptops.

Also notice the 3 year warranty and Windows 7 Professional (not Home).

But it's still a Lenovo. Read that as leNOvo. Save your money for a better product not built and owned by China. Especially if you enjoy computers without built in backdoors.

motaboy8120

quality posts: 3 Private Messages motaboy8120

This is selling slower than the tampon box

ThunderThighs

Staff

derekggreene wrote:But it's still a Lenovo. Read that as leNOvo. Save your money for a better product not built and owned by China. Especially if you enjoy computers without built in backdoors.

Which computers aren't built in China?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

We're supposed to be encouraging this thing to sell! Not pointing out how bad it is...

dtanforan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dtanforan

Nice machine. I have one, or I would pick this one up.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

Mouse "nubs" are so 2001.

CavalierX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CavalierX
motaboy8120 wrote:This is selling slower than the tampon box

Maybe you can attach the tampon box to the side of the Lenovo and make... wait, I really had something for this...

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage
CavalierX wrote:Maybe you can attach the tampon box to the side of the Lenovo and make... wait, I really had something for this...

Put it on the back of the screen to hold a wireless mouse?

LordPain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordPain

Way too much money for this thing. If it lasts 3 years, you will wish it had not since it will be even more outdated.

derekggreene

ThunderThighs wrote:Which computers aren't built in China?

The point was "built and owned" by China. Not a Chinese company, by China. When you limit yourself to paraphrasing, you are limiting yourself from learning the context. Educate yourself.

ThunderThighs

Staff

derekggreene wrote:The point was "built and owned" by China. Not a Chineses company, by China. When you limit yourself to paraphrasing, you are limiting yourself from learning the context. Educate yourself.

Oooooh, somebody is feisty this morning!

FORUM MODERATOR

sgpresto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgpresto

98%? Don't tell me there are 50 of these things...

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42

I have a ThinkPad T510 of similar specifications and I love it. I will point out, however, that if it uses the same motherboard the upgrade from 4gb -> 8gb ram is a PITA because the two dimms go on opposite sides of the board; one is easily accessed from the bottom of the case while the other requires removal of the keyboard (and maybe some other bits too).

Otherwise, the Lenovo ThinkPads are still great. I was sceptical that Lenovo could make as solid of a unit as IBM used to (and I used to own an IBM ThinkPad) but they have earned my respect.

krychek67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krychek67

Very familiar with the commercial vs. consumer grade discussion, but I just don't see $250 premium over the Lenovo I bought last week with better specs at a center that is micro.

jonandabby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonandabby

This is gonna take a while. You can get similarly equipped i5's for $200 less from equal (or better) laptop makers, and if you want a refurbished similar dell, they are about $300 less.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt

If you haven't used one of these for professional use, then your opinion isn't really valid.

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42
derekggreene wrote:The point was "built and owned" by China. Not a Chinese company, by China. When you limit yourself to paraphrasing, you are limiting yourself from learning the context. Educate yourself.

You should probably correct the Wikipedia entry on Lenovo then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo#Ownership

daefaroth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daefaroth

Is this a good enough laptop for my pine cone moose to use?

Reldnahcire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Reldnahcire

If my math is correct, 147 to go...

edit: or not...that went from 98-40 very fast for 3 sales = 98%...

LordPain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordPain

Or you could look for a laptop with AMD APU and use it for more than just spreadsheets.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe

This (any anything else anyone buys from anywhere) qualifies for the $14 upgrade to Windows 8 Pro as per Microsoft.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/upgrade-offer

derekggreene

lparsons42 wrote:You should probably correct the Wikipedia entry on Lenovo then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo#Ownership

Citing Wikipedia? Seriously? Even my kid's school won't let them use Wikipedia. I bet Amazaon ensures the Woot Wikipedia site is accurate as well.

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk

Oh enough with the outdated/slow complaints. Really. Not all of us need our laptops to simultaneously play two accounts of Call of Duty and stream pron.

I've got an i3 in a Toshiba Satellite, and it's zippy as hell. I use it for business applications, for watching movies online, and for browsing the living hell out of teh internets. I can have multi-tab Excel spreadsheets calculating array forumlas while watching Netflix and photoshopping cat pics, and it works just fine. I've never had a complaint. (Oh, and my keyboard is backlit, nutcrackeres.)

For some of us, things like screen size, quality of speakers, number pads, keyboard/mouse feel, durability, battery life, etc are more important than a few milliseconds more speed or the ability to engineer our own rap beats from home.

Not every user is YOU. Some of us are US.

ETA: I had a 17" Lenovo ThinkPad at work. It rocked. But they meant it when they dubbed them "desktop replacements". It weighed a ton!

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669
sensenigk wrote:Oh enough with the outdated/slow complaints. Really. Not all of us need our laptops to simultaneously play two accounts of Call of Duty and stream pron.

I've got an i3 in a Toshiba Satellite, and it's zippy as hell. I use it for business applications, for watching movies online, and for browsing the living hell out of teh internets. I can have multi-tab Excel spreadsheets calculating array forumlas while watching Netflix and photoshopping cat pics, and it works just fine. I've never had a complaint. (Oh, and my keyboard is backlit, nutcrackeres.)

For some of us, things like screen size, quality of speakers, number pads, keyboard/mouse feel, durability, battery life, etc are more important than a few milliseconds more speed or the ability to engineer our own rap beats from home.

Not every user is YOU. Some of us are US.

ETA: I had a 17" Lenovo ThinkPad at work. It rocked. But they meant it when they dubbed them "desktop replacements". It weighed a ton!

Woot is about getting deals. You are paying 2x-3x more for this "thinkpad" than you would pay for a better laptop at regular price. Facts are just facts.