ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GreenAccord wrote:Ever get the feeling that woot has this cabal of product buyers who line up various wares for the upcoming wootoffs...

Then, as each item comes up in the queue, the associated buyer who lined up the item anxiously watches as the sales specs start rolling in...

And there they sit, on 475 re furb 3D blu-ray players, watching as they sell at the blistering rate of one every 47 seconds. They quickly do the math on the sales rate...

"Ugh, 6 hours to sell out?"

As they sit at their cubicle, they receive a call from an office extension they recognize. 'Dangit, that's the Marketing Manager'

'Debbie, whats up with these Samsubg Blu-rays?'

'I don't know, Mr. Samuels. They're 3D!. I could've swore these sold at top-10% rates when we had them on in the summer.'

'Yeah, I'm looking at the specs. That was a non-3D Samsung, and it was under the $30 price point.'

(awkward silence)

'Well, looks like we'll have to minimize this one and kill it at 25 units. Would that keep this one under an hour?'

'I think so.'

'Deb, see me on Monday.'

'But I was supposed to have Monday off. OK, I'll be in.'

Obviously we need to check our offices for bugs.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

This appears to be a pretty excellent deal. I like the cloud streaming feature.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
thaape wrote:I was actually thinking of getting this until I saw the reviews, not only amazon, but on the costco site as well. (It gets 4-stars on Samsung's site!)

I couldn't care less about the browser/apps/netflix, but the freezing up? Thats a deal breaker.

I think the freezing only occurs with the apps. if you're using it as a Blu-Ray player (3D or 2D, or DVD), it should be fine.

shanebaker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shanebaker

Seriously people. (And I am not just saying this to make the Woot-off move a long!)

Don't let the fact that it is refurbished or the negative reviews prevent you from getting a good deal!

I have bought dozens of refurbished items from here, and I have found them all to be problem-free.

Most of the complaints I have read were related to lock-ups. I would expect that anything that was sent back to Samsung for repair was properly diagnosed and the issue corrected. Most times it would go through another QC process to make sure that it is done right. I would expect something that is factory refurbished to be more reliable than an item you purchased from a retail store simply due to the fact that it is thoroughly inspected and tested.

So don't be concerned about it! Just buy it so we can see the next item! :D

100+ Woots and countin'!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
shanebaker wrote:Thank you for the clarification on that. I didn't realize that they were sending 3d in that method!

ESPN 3D is a 24/7 3D sports channel.

santillanavila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santillanavila

Anybody know of a better bluray player for cheaper? I do need one. Or is this a good buy?

Breiny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Breiny

Maybe this refurb will last longer than the non-refurbs. I had to return several of these to Costco- they'd work for a while and then start becoming more and more unresponsive. Generally it happened when I tried to use the "SmartHub". All of a sudden it wouldn't recognize the remote or it would just freeze until I pulled the plug on it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

This is amazing. Dog video

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brshokieche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brshokieche

Who cares about the apps, that is what my Xbox is for. I bought this because it was a decent price for a 179.99 dollar blu-ray player with 3D. So who gives a crap about what Amazon says.

durante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durante

will it come in time for x-mas

ThunderThighs

Staff

durante wrote:will it come in time for x-mas

Can you be more specific? What year?

saron11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saron11

I got one of these for Christmas and it's great! It's like having a Roku box and a blu-ray all in one box. Setup was easy and it integrated with my Harmony 820 remote easily. Highly recommended as you get the functions of two machines in one, helping to eliminate clutter.

santillanavila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santillanavila

A ps3 would eliminate clutter even more so.

sdc100

I'm on the fence with this. I'm not too concerned about the apps and browser locking up because all I want is a good Blu-ray player. And the fact that the apps are easily upgradeable means that any issues can be easily resolved (if Samsung has the will to do so). I'd imagine a good hackers community as well.

My biggest problem is this: VERY limited outputs. One task I have is to use this player a source to dub footage from home DVDs onto a DVD recorder. Since this only has HDMI output, that's impossible. No standard RCA outputs at all. May be a deal killer ... amd still debating...

lifesabeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesabeach

Im on the fence good deal? or should I keep looking

sdc100

sdc100 wrote:I'm on the fence with this. I'm not too concerned about the apps and browser locking up because all I want is a good Blu-ray player. And the fact that the apps are easily upgradeable means that any issues can be easily resolved (if Samsung has the will to do so). I'd imagine a good hackers community as well.

My biggest problem is this: VERY limited outputs. One task I have is to use this player a source to dub footage from home DVDs onto a DVD recorder. Since this only has HDMI output, that's impossible. No standard RCA outputs at all. May be a deal killer ... amd still debating...

I just bit.