PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Wooters, 2012 is on its way out, and I don’t know about you, but it’s been a "doozie," whatever the crap that is.
As humans tend to do, I find myself reflecting on the events of my 2012*.
So I figured I’d list my “Big 12 Moments of 2012.” I’d like you to list yours, too.

Incidentally, these are probably entirely too personal to be sharing on a website that specializes in selling refurbished consumer electronics, but hey – that’s what being part of a community is all about. So. Here we go:

My Top 12 Moments of 2012:

1. I moved from Las Vegas to Seattle!
2. I woke one morning with no recollection of the night prior. I later learned that paramedics were called to revive me & I'd been drugged by a staff member working at the bar I visited that evening. Fortunately, I was rescued by good people. (Told you this was personal stuff.)
3. My brother came home from his deployment. My siblings, parents & I went to Honolulu to see his ship return. Best feeling in the world. It just doesn't get better.
4. I convinced the people at Woot to pay me to play on their site.
5. I turned 30.
6. Came in 2nd in one of my Fantasy Football leagues. Would've come in 1st, but Hakeem Nicks ruined my life.
7. Commenced divorce proceedings with my husband of 6 years. I promise this has nothing to do with my fervor for fantasy football.
8. Flew home to surprise my Dad on his birthday. I'll never forget the look on his face. "I hope we're stocked up on beer."
9. Returned to running & training after a year or so off. It's arduous and miserable and feels fantastic.
10. I received two diagnoses which, while troubling, were a relief to learn from whence the pain stems.
11. Saw Animal Collective. It was weird. It was awesome.
12. I bought a SPECTACULAR panda hat.

There you have it.
Now it's your turn. What are your Top 12 Moments of 2012?

*I’ve been looking ahead, too. We’ll get to that in another post.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

1. Son was born!
2. Son was born on his grampa's birthday!
3. my brother and his fiance finally had a chance to come visit us in Seattle.
4. i bought my 100th woot!

that's really all i have at the moment. i'll come back if i think of more.

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

hale1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hale1d
PemberDucky wrote:Wooters, 2012 is on its way out, and I don’t know about you, but it’s been a "doozie," whatever the crap that is.
As humans tend to do, I find myself reflecting on the events of my 2012*.
So I figured I’d list my “Big 12 Moments of 2012.” I’d like you to list yours, too.

Incidentally, these are probably entirely too personal to be sharing on a website that specializes in selling refurbished consumer electronics, but hey – that’s what being part of a community is all about. So. Here we go:

My Top 12 Moments of 2012:

1. I moved from Las Vegas to Seattle!
2. I woke one morning with no recollection of the night prior. I later learned that paramedics were called to revive me & I'd been drugged by a staff member working at the bar I visited that evening. Fortunately, I was rescued by good people. (Told you this was personal stuff.)
3. My brother came home from his deployment. My siblings, parents & I went to Honolulu to see his ship return. Best feeling in the world. It just doesn't get better.
4. I convinced the people at Woot to pay me to play on their site.
5. I turned 30.
6. Came in 2nd in one of my Fantasy Football leagues. Would've come in 1st, but Hakeem Nicks ruined my life.
7. Commenced divorce proceedings with my husband of 6 years. I promise this has nothing to do with my fervor for fantasy football.
8. Flew home to surprise my Dad on his birthday. I'll never forget the look on his face. "I hope we're stocked up on beer."
9. Returned to running & training after a year or so off. It's arduous and miserable and feels fantastic.
10. I received two diagnoses which, while troubling, were a relief to learn from whence the pain stems.
11. Saw Animal Collective. It was weird. It was awesome.
12. I bought a SPECTACULAR panda hat.

There you have it.
Now it's your turn. What are your Top 12 Moments of 2012?

*I’ve been looking ahead, too. We’ll get to that in another post.

1. Mourned the death of Bunch of Cheer and Woot! as we knew and loved it.

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

1. Got married!
2. Wedding presents from awesome woot staff.
3. Saw the wonders of cake fisting.
4. Went to Tahiti, moorea, and bora bora!
5. Went to a friend's wedding.
6. Hit my 100th woot!
7. Saw family I hadn't seen in years
8. Met members of the wife's family I'd never met before.
9. Had enormous needles jammed into my knee and it feels much better.
10. Got married (this was awesome enough to list twice!)

There's a good 10... great thread, Ducky! Oh, thought of another:

11. Met lots of great people through DW Chat.
12. Got a great new job!

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick
PemberDucky wrote:Wooters, 2012 is on its way out, and I don’t know about you, but it’s been a "doozie," whatever the crap that is.

Wow lady, you've had quite a year! I hope things get less roller-coasterish for you in 2013.

I don't really have a list, this year was steady and good. No major stuff, really. (I turned 30, wasn't traumatized.)

Wait! I made #1 on the DW leaderboard - twice! So, there's a good one!

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

1. Took the family skiing in Tahoe. (Well, we took pictures that made it APPEAR that we were skiing. Mostly we were falling.)
2. Lost my border collie to bone cancer and my cat to an accident within a week.
3. Got a rescue kitten who was named with the help of my DW friends.
4. Retired. Probably the biggest event of the year for me. Much too young to retire and it was not something I planned to do for many more years, but it was time to leave a job I had loved before I was forced by the new administration to put my signature on anything too dodgy.
5. Saw Meatloaf in concert. Got within 2 feet of the stage and got Meatloaf sweat on me. Yes, I bathed later.
5. Went to San Francisco, Sonoma, and Yosemite.
6. Bought a new car (Sante Fe Sport).
7. Appeared on a local television talk show to discuss ADHD, Aspergers, et al. Was asked to come back for additional shows.
8. Managed to unpack less than 1/4 of the 30+ boxes brought home from work.

Oh, and I finished losing 25 pounds of my 30 pound goal, but have gained back about half of that since I retired. Urgh!

Doesn't look like much now that I list it, but WOW, what a stressful year it has been!

Oh, and although I haven't made it to #1 on the DW Leaderboard, I have made it as high as #5 a couple of times, I think.