0%
100%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vornado Evap 2 Evaporative Humidifier
$49.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

npatel31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npatel31

is this a good deal?

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

These are amazing! Especially in Arizona!

number51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages number51

Looking for a humidifier. Is this the one?

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Are the filters easy to find?

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

udavidj

quality posts: 4 Private Messages udavidj

This is a good deal. I use a room humidifier/swamp cooler to keep my upstairs studio cool and my guitars properly humidified but it is old and a lot bigger than this. This unit also has a closed water container which means less chance of putting bacteria from stagnant water in the air. Just note you would need to top it off twice a day if you run it all the time.

Love,
UdavidJ

derekm117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekm117

You could always just move to Louisiana and never need a humidifier.

Ever.

coreyking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coreyking

That's it, you're humidifiered.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Have they ever had a dehumidifier?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
jseureau wrote:These are amazing! Especially in Arizona!

used to live in nevada. i remember the swamp coolers

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750

Evaporative? I'm guessing the water is evaporated out of this thing into the atmosphere of the room? How do other humidifiers get the moisture into the air? Also, does anyone know how quiet or noisy this unit is?

Bishop1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bishop1976

– especially useful during the dry, cold winter season

How is it more useful during the winter season?

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

I bought 2 Vornado heaters and I am extremely happy with them. Very well made from very thick plastic and one 10" heater heats up my bedroom, down the hall and to the first part of living room. Will purchase more Vornado products in the future.

derekm117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekm117
bill750 wrote:Evaporative? I'm guessing the water is evaporated out of this thing into the atmosphere of the room? How do other humidifiers get the moisture into the air?

Water, fire, air and dirt

F*cking humidifiers, how do they work?

chemicat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemicat
Bishop1976 wrote:– especially useful during the dry, cold winter season

Because winter is frequently much dryer than summer. I know in Maine, summer is hot and humid while the winter is very dry.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Back. Had to go catch up the stuff on the other sites.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

number51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages number51
Bishop1976 wrote:– especially useful during the dry, cold winter season

In Chicago we use dehumidifiers in the Summer, humidifiers in the Winter.

We are so spoiled.

udavidj

ThunderThighs wrote:Back. Had to go catch up the stuff on the other sites.

WBTT

Love,
UdavidJ

lifesabeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesabeach

we have so much humidity here in florida do I need a humidifier not really sure what they do

gkrausmann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gkrausmann

If you put a humidifier in a room with a dehumidifier, which would win?

ThunderThighs

Staff

udavidj wrote:WBTT

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tdiddy710

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdiddy710
gkrausmann wrote:If you put a humidifier in a room with a dehumidifier, which would win?

The electric company.

udavidj

bill750 wrote:Evaporative? I'm guessing the water is evaporated out of this thing into the atmosphere of the room? How do other humidifiers get the moisture into the air? Also, does anyone know how quiet or noisy this unit is?

There are units that use an ultra sonic coil to push a cool mist into the air. This is not that.

Love,
UdavidJ

chemicat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemicat
lifesabeach wrote:we have so much humidity here in florida do I need a humidifier not really sure what they do

probably not necessary in florida... they add humidity to the air so your hair isnt so staticy it could electrocute someone

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
ThunderThighs wrote:Back. Had to go catch up the stuff on the other sites.

Glad to have you back.
You must work a long shift TT. I usually see your posts before work in the mornings and yet here you are--at night.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
derekm117 wrote:You could always just move to Louisiana and never need a humidifier.

Ever.

I'm in Louisiana and I need a humidifier. My grandma used one every night even in the summer, maybe there's lizard people on that side of my family...

jhoff80

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jhoff80

For what it's worth, I got this from Home.Woot a week and a half ago, and I have it turned on to continuous / 40% (the lowest settings) for 8 or so hours a day... and the tank needs to be filled up every other day.

Of course, everyone else's results will vary.

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar
bill750 wrote:Evaporative? I'm guessing the water is evaporated out of this thing into the atmosphere of the room? How do other humidifiers get the moisture into the air? Also, does anyone know how quiet or noisy this unit is?

The other types of humidifiers are ultrasonic ("cool mist") and those that have a heating element ("warm mist"). Ultrasonics have a little metal plate that vibrates, ie atomize, the thin layer of water that covers it. The ones with a heating element are basically making steam from the small pocket of water around it.

Ultrasonic's disadvantage is that unless you use distilled water, all the dissolved minerals in the tap water become dust. There are also concerned with bacteria being released into the air.

The ones with a heating element, like other hot appliances, need to have an open perimeter around it. Tap water minerals will also calcify on the heating element, so you'll need to do regular maintenance (vinegar wash) or it'll become a rock.

Speaking of which, minerals will also collect on the evaporation wicks, so you'll need to take into consideration the ongoing expense of replacing them. I guess you can use vinegar to clean them somewhat, but you won't be able to scrub them down.

coreyking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coreyking
gkrausmann wrote:If you put a humidifier in a room with a dehumidifier, which would win?

Trust me, nobody wins. Nobody wins.

mixorr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixorr

Consumer reports give this a 46 out of 100. The highest rating they gave in this category is 88. This model scored poorly on output and noise

ThunderThighs

Staff

morninglark wrote:Glad to have you back.
You must work a long shift TT. I usually see your posts before work in the mornings and yet here you are--at night.

I usually don't start until right before midnight but ROGETRAY is moving this weekend so I'm covering for him some.

FORUM MODERATOR

nismoUSAF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nismoUSAF

Picked one up, Utah sucks. :|

garylehr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages garylehr
udavidj wrote:WBTT

DWHTUAFE? WHTTDWPWGCSWAW?
(Do we have to use abbreviations for everything? What happened to the days when people wrote grammatically correct sentences with actual words?)

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
tdiddy710 wrote:The electric company.

Quality post!

I'm in need of a new humidifier because mine's way too loud, but I just read that this one is very noisy, so I shall pass. *sniffle, tears*

udavidj

ThunderThighs wrote:I usually don't start until right before midnight but ROGETRAY is moving this weekend so I'm covering for him some.

Nice hours. That would fit perfectly with my kids' schedule and my night owlishness. Work from home and it would be my dream job (next to playing gigs)

Love,
UdavidJ

udavidj

garylehr wrote:DWHTUAFE? WHTTDWPWGCSWAW?
(Do we have to use abbreviations for everything? What happened to the days when people wrote grammatically correct sentences with actual words?)

/tldr

Love,
UdavidJ

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
ThunderThighs wrote:I usually don't start until right before midnight but ROGETRAY is moving this weekend so I'm covering for him some.

Ah, that explains it. You' re on the midnight shift an hour behind me and I am on an early shift. So you are ending your day as I am getting up. Those magical hours where the night owls and the larks co-exist.