4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vornado VH2 Whole Room Heater
$39.99 + $5 Standard OR $13 Two-Day OR $17 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

This heater get 3 stars and is $65 on Amazon.

udavidj

quality posts: 4 Private Messages udavidj

My wife has one. And cooks me out of our 500sf office when she runs it.

Love,
UdavidJ

imipolex

quality posts: 3 Private Messages imipolex

Disburse? Sure you didn't mean disperse?

[MOD: Fixed. Thanks.]

shakethesheets

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shakethesheets

Is there a difference between this and the one a few woots ago?

Edit: wow, this is a heater, not a humidifier. Good thing the wootoff finally ended

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

So this whole room heater "create[s] swirling, deep-penetrating currents that disburse heat evenly throughout the room" - I want to know if it was placed in a drafty room, would it swirl the cold air too, maybe like a wind tunnel?

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

KLD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLD

Bought one the last Woot. Disappointed. Have had other space heaters that are much more efficient and effective. This blows the air around but even on high is not very warm. Regret the purchase.

redndahead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redndahead

This one is pretty terrible. Bought one on woot a little while back and after about 10 mins it blows cold air. Bought this one at walmart and while it doesn't heat up our living room to really warm it makes it much more comfortable. would be great in a room with a closed door. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Electric-Designer-Series-Oscillating-Ceramic-1500W-Heater-6405/17038559

mensane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mensane

i bought this on the last woot as well. does NOT heat a room....it just blows cold air around, even on it's highest setting.

josephjj1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages josephjj1

bought this on the last woot-off and must agree with others that it does NOT heat the room very well. I left it on high for two hours in a 15 x 20 living room and the temperature went up only 8 degrees, from 42 to 50 degrees F. Save your money and buy something else.

afurball

quality posts: 16 Private Messages afurball

Hmmm...completely positive experience here. Was using one tonight in a basement bedroom suite and within 15 - 20 minutes it was very cozy.

It does produce warm air. If pointed right at you the breeze could feel cooling, though. So take care in positioning it.

The exterior stays cool and best of all it's extremely quiet.

I suspect its best use is for supplemental heat. Like when you want to keep the house thermostat ten degrees lower than is comfortable while keeping the room you occupy warm with the heater.

BobinPasadena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobinPasadena

I have to agree with the others too. Doesn't heat much at all.

greatdane23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greatdane23

Bought this heater around 3 months ago and really liked it until it inexplicably died for no reason. When working It heated my 12x15 baby-room evenly and once you find the right setting on the thermostat it keeps the temp pretty steady.

I'll be contacting Vornado to see if they'll honor their 1 year warranty b/c I like the heater but bummed with the reliability.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
redndahead wrote:This one is pretty terrible. Bought one on woot a little while back and after about 10 mins it blows cold air.

You might want to check your settings on the switches... Fan should be on "Auto" or it will continue to blow even when the heater unit is not heating..
and heat should be on "hi" ... with the thermostat turned up.
IF you've done it set that way, and you're still getting this result... then you have a defective unit.
Contact Vornado (in Kansas) and gather up your purchase receipt from Woot ... and they'll take care of you.
I have these heaters and they amaze me at how they warm a room without feeling like there are hot spots...
I like 'em!

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

afurball wrote:Hmmm...completely positive experience here. Was using one tonight in a basement bedroom suite and within 15 - 20 minutes it was very cozy.

It does produce warm air. If pointed right at you the breeze could feel cooling, though. So take care in positioning it.

The exterior stays cool and best of all it's extremely quiet.

This is what I experienced. I'm used to a heater blowing on me in my office. This was cold to do that. But then I put it in my bathroom to dry out a shower and dang, that room was hot before too long.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greatdane23 wrote:Bought this heater around 3 months ago and really liked it until it inexplicably died for no reason. When working It heated my 12x15 baby-room evenly and once you find the right setting on the thermostat it keeps the temp pretty steady.

I'll be contacting Vornado to see if they'll honor their 1 year warranty b/c I like the heater but bummed with the reliability.

It's a 5 year warranty! I had very good luck with them with a fan a couple years ago. They seem to be a nice company.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

magudaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magudaman

Just to clarify, electric heat is pretty much a constant amount of heating ability no mater the heater or heater type. The only way you can obtain more heat is by putting in more energy / electricity. 1500 watts = 1500 watts in one heater or another.

bkelly99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkelly99

I live in Michigan and have been using my Vornado to heat my entire apartment, with the exception of 2 rooms rarely used. It gets the job done and maintains the temp at the proper level. I have not fired up the gas furnace in over a month (since I purchase this unit).
I have noticed some buzzing coming from the unit and will be following up with Customer Service on the next business day. Other than that, it works like a dream!

Bummer - its $10 less expensive than the first one I picked up!

Bret Kelly

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
magudaman wrote:Just to clarify, electric heat is pretty much a constant amount of heating ability no mater the heater or heater type. The only way you can obtain more heat is by putting in more energy / electricity. 1500 watts = 1500 watts in one heater or another.

This is true, but some heater fan design pull/push air through the elements differently which produce warmer or cooler air leaving the unit and disperse that air differently. This is where some heaters of the same wattage seem to do better and worse than others.

fayerae

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fayerae

I love mine! It keeps the cold living room toasty warm. The Vornado warranty and service is awesome. The fan stopped so i called and they paid the shipping to and back . I had it back in a week!! Best space heater ever!

soundxli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli
redndahead wrote:This one is pretty terrible. Bought one on woot a little while back and after about 10 mins it blows cold air. Bought this one at walmart and while it doesn't heat up our living room to really warm it makes it much more comfortable. would be great in a room with a closed door. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Electric-Designer-Series-Oscillating-Ceramic-1500W-Heater-6405/17038559

I agree. I've got both and I prefer the Lasko 6405 over the Vornado VH2. The VH2 is kind of ok if you are sitting directly in front of it. The Vornado definitely moves more air than the Lasko, but the VH2 heating element doesn't heat up enough so it just moves the lukewarm air and unheated air in the room around at an angle and makes it feel more drafty and cold.

I haven't tried one but you're probably better off with an Oil-Filled Convection Radiator Heater or the Lasko rather than this one.

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman

I love Vornado. They have wonderful space heaters, fans and customer service. I would never hesitate to purchase from this company.

Those who have a negative experience with their heaters should give customer service a call. They're super helpful and kind. I bet they'll make you feel better about your purchase.

fastfox

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fastfox

I bought the VTH model back in September and have to say it is the best space heater I have ever used. My bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and the Vornado unit circulates the hot air keeping the entire room warm, not just the ceiling. With my thermostat at 65, this unit on the highest setting raises the temperature to a roasting 78-80 in a couple of hours, even when it's below freezing outside. It is saving me a great deal on my utility bill.

bunfun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunfun

I have a question for those who already own this - can you use this as a fan in warmer weather?

sdavies5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdavies5
bunfun wrote:I have a question for those who already own this - can you use this as a fan in warmer weather?

i have the model from the previous woot and if you turn the thermostat down and set the fan to continuous it moves air without heating. however, the regular vornado fans seem to move a lot more air than these.

zmannyc2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zmannyc2
josephjj1 wrote:bought this on the last woot-off and must agree with others that it does NOT heat the room very well. I left it on high for two hours in a 15 x 20 living room and the temperature went up only 8 degrees, from 42 to 50 degrees F. Save your money and buy something else.

This is a whole room heater, not a space heater...it's meant to maintain a certain temp in a room, not get it toasty in a jiffy like space heaters! Oh, and did the room ever get warm enough? Did it maintain the temp?

-05:00,1

bakerzdosen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bakerzdosen

I have to admit I'm a bit torn about this one. It finally dawned on me (evidently I'm slow - I've only lived here a little over a decade) this week that a space heater in our entry way makes it soooo much more comfy in that area (long story involving lousy insulation in the walls and poorly designed central air/furnace).

However, the Delonghi oil radiator type that I had there for this week now needs to go back to where it was, so I find myself looking for a space heater when this pops up. It's like it was meant to be (except for all of the lousy reviews...)

I have to say that I'm tempted by the price. However, I personally like radiant heaters, so if I don't fork out the money for another Delonghi I may get this woot. I was looking at the Bionaire BLP3340-U that seems to be going for $20 on ebay, but reviews on that seem even worse than this one.

I just have to decide if I want to risk this not working in the area I want it to heat. I don't need the air to circulate that much - which seems to be where this unit shines - because I want the hot air to stay right where it is.

I really like Vornado. I have an older Vornado fan that just keeps going and going, so I do typically trust the company. But then again, I have a Delonghi heater that's old enough to buy beer and still works as well as ever.

The 5 year warranty is reassuring I suppose.

Hmmmm...

choosecarefully

quality posts: 3 Private Messages choosecarefully

These are the greatest little fans and heaters ever. I have several in my house. I have had them for years and love them. They are so quiet and way more efficient in the way they move the air around the room. This is the best price I have ever seen.

davidgee316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidgee316

I was excited to receive it BUT when i reveived it and plugged it in on high , IT REALLY DID NOTHING ...warm air at best ..very disapointed

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

Morning all, esp. those who convinced me to stay up last night for the end of the woot off. My cat let me sleep in this morning--She didn't wake me up until after 6am. :-)

To the point and a question for the physics / heating experts.. I live in a small garage apartment, the furnace is next to the living room and the bedroom is poorly insulated. So, if I buy one of these should I put this is the bedroom, so it will be warm and the air flow will be out through the walls or should I put it in the living room so the furnace will work less or move it from room to room depending on where I am? FYI, there's a strange shaped passage/4 ft hallway between rooms, so unless the air can turn corners I don't think it will heat the entire tiny apartment ( only about 400 sq ft).

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

Facts:
1500 watts
17 cents per kWh
24 hours in a day
$6.12 per day
$183 per month

Assumptions:
Say we only use it 18 hours a day $137.70/month

I'll also assume that the 1500 watts are only being consumed 1/2 of the time that it's on.

That's still $70 a month to run one of these. That seems expensive to me. Which one of my assumptions is wrong, or is it just that costly?

mgeers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgeers

This heater is great. I would buy again if I needed another one.

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

I bought one during the last Woot and I am glad I did. I run it 24/7. I can understand those that say it's only blowing lukewarm air, but believe that is because it is "processing" a very large volume of air. Resistance heaters of the same rating are basically all the same. Power up a similarly rated heater without a fan and it will feel hotter because it heats by convection. Place a fan in front of it and it will feel lukewarm. I live in CT where it's in the low 20's with snow on the ground. We use another infrared box style heater and the Vornado and it don't believe our furnace has had to respond to this heating zone which includes kitchen, dining area and a large family room with a cathedral ceiling. Sure our electric bill is higher by about $180, but by this time in the year I would have already gotten more heating oil...say 300 gallons and at $3 plus dollars a gallon we are saving money. It's very quiet too. Running it 24/7 may reduce the heater's lifespan. If it does, I hope we have another Woot!

lroller

morninglark wrote:Morning all, esp. those who convinced me to stay up last night for the end of the woot off. My cat let me sleep in this morning--She didn't wake me up until after 6am. :-)

To the point and a question for the physics / heating experts.. I live in a small garage apartment, the furnace is next to the living room and the bedroom is poorly insulated. So, if I buy one of these should I put this is the bedroom, so it will be warm and the air flow will be out through the walls or should I put it in the living room so the furnace will work less or move it from room to room depending on where I am? FYI, there's a strange shaped passage/4 ft hallway between rooms, so unless the air can turn corners I don't think it will heat the entire tiny apartment ( only about 400 sq ft).

There probably is no way to know without some experimentation. Too many variables in your situation. Try it in different areas. During the summer you can also use this heater as a fan with the heater off too.

dvshrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvshrt
fgarriel wrote:Facts:
1500 watts
17 cents per kWh
24 hours in a day
$6.12 per day
$183 per month

Assumptions:

I'll also assume that the 1500 watts are only being consumed 1/2 of the time that it's on.

That's still $70 a month to run one of these. That seems expensive to me. Which one of my assumptions is wrong, or is it just that costly?

Your assumptions are right sir. These are rather pricy to operate. I bought one of these a few years ago when natural gas costs were rising, hoping to save money on heating costs. I used it a little over a month, 8 to 10 hours a day, and was happy with it until my next utility bill arrived. My natural gas usage did drop about 30%, but electricity was almost double. I now only use it in my basement workshop occasionally just to take the chill off. Would not recommend as a main source of heat in your household.

lroller

1500 watts
17 cents per kWh
24 hours in a day
$6.12 per day
$183 per month

Assumptions:

Resistance/electical heating is expensive. I don't recall anyone telling me they wish they had an "all electric" house. I am assuming your kWh includes both generation as well as distribution. My kWh is .078. Including generation probably brings it to something around .13 kWh. Yours seems a little high.

zerorez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerorez
KLD wrote:Bought one the last Woot. Disappointed. Have had other space heaters that are much more efficient and effective. This blows the air around but even on high is not very warm. Regret the purchase.

Same, I bought this to heat a portion of my basement mancave area (futball and beer live there) and I had to run this heater and another small heater to heat the area. It took about 2 hours for them to do this.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy
1500 watts
17 cents per kWh
24 hours in a day
$6.12 per day
$183 per month

Assumptions:

If auxiliary heat is needed, all 1500 watt electric heaters cost about the same to operate. Perhaps that is what you are missing ? You could try burning wood.

lroller

dvshrt wrote:Your assumptions are right sir. These are rather pricy to operate. I bought one of these a few years ago when natural gas costs were rising, hoping to save money on heating costs. I used it a little over a month, 8 to 10 hours a day, and was happy with it until my next utility bill arrived. My natural gas usage did drop about 30%, but electricity was almost double. I now only use it in my basement workshop occasionally just to take the chill off. Would not recommend as a main source of heat in your household.

Exactly! You aren't going to heat your entire house with these. They are supplemental heaters. They are no competition for other forms of heat particularly gas, which I wish I had. However, for smaller areas they are fine. My home is "super insulated" which makes a world of difference too.