markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27
dernst_ca1 wrote:I have these.
When I first got them they were incredibly uncomfortable. Then I started watching youtube videos of how you are supposed to wear them.. Initially I was wearing them with the receiver hanging down resting on my neck.. Wrong.. The receiver is supposed to stick out directly behind the head..

Once I got over the small detail of how to wear them, I discovered how great these things are! Connectivity is a snap, sound is great, phone functions wrok well (I didnt even know they had phone capabilities until someone called me while I was wearing them)...

really good set, and if they bork out on you, Motorola will honor the warranty and replace them..

Yay!! Its my birthday in TX!

Happy Birthday,

I was born in Houston, TX love the people. Can not take the heat. Especially in Baytown. Thanks for the great review.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Good enough price. I just hope woot! doesn't send me a pair with someone's ear boogers on them.

I wonder why 2-3 day and next day shipping isn't available for this item?

Blade_Raver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade_Raver

I was thinking about buying these so I can listen to music on my laptop.

I have a USB bluetooth pairing device that came with my Logitech trackball.

Would that same bluetooth pairing device work with this headset too?

If not, what would I need to do in order to make this work with my laptop?

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1
Blade_Raver wrote:I was thinking about buying these so I can listen to music on my laptop.

I have a USB bluetooth pairing device that came with my Logitech trackball.

Would that same bluetooth pairing device work with this headset too?

If not, what would I need to do in order to make this work with my laptop?

As long as at least bluetooth 2.1 is supported they will work with any bluetooth connecting device dongles included. They work with laptops, tablets, phones or anything that has a bluetooth connection and supports headsets.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

Blade_Raver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade_Raver

Ahh.. I think I'll need to get a separate USB bluetooth adapter.. I couldn't find any controls for the one that came with the Logitech trackball.

Still thinking about it..

Update: Found a Logitech Unifying software.. Investigating..

2nd Update: The software shows bluetooth devices in the list. I think I'm going to buy a pair and try it out.

jbgroup1 wrote:As long as at least bluetooth 2.1 is supported they will work with any bluetooth connecting device dongles included. They work with laptops, tablets, phones or anything that has a bluetooth connection and supports headsets.

crackkitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crackkitty
greenie44 wrote:Sorry, I do have a big head, and these fit just fine if you wear them upside down. And I bought them since my hering is not what it used to be. I was happy with these at $25, although I eventually moved up to an LG Tone, which are even better, but twice the price.

agreed. I also have a 'larger' head (easy now!!) and they are pretty tight and get uncomfortable after about an hour. I also wear glasses and if you wear them "correctly" they rub on the glasses and make it even more uncomfortable.

However, if you wear them upside down they work both for the glasses issue and general comfort (however, I personally still can't wear them for more than 1 hour... lucky for me, that's about as long as I can run for. After one hour I do a Forest Gump and just stop and turnn around). Also, I'm using the smallest earpieces that came with it, and even those seem a tad big (as compared with 20 other earbud headphones I've owned.

humanheater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages humanheater

not comfortable for the larger head...almost painful after extended wear. I only keep them because of the fact I spent money on them and received them after the window to return for refund.

gheldean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gheldean

I got these from Woot about 6 months ago (the white color, which doesn't seem available now )

I've loved the purchase almost every day since! They are great for walking or running, and seem to fit my (largish?) head fine (and I do wear glasses)

acraigl

quality posts: 52 Private Messages acraigl

I never cared for these, personally. Hurt my ears and not exactly sweat-proof, either. Buttons stopped working after a few runs on the treadmill.

Went for the GoGroove AudioActive instead: http://www.amazon.com/GOgroove-AudioACTIVE-Hands-Free-Bluetooth-Smartphones/dp/B004DR8PW6

These seemed far more durable in this regard. Note that these were also a much better deal at the time. The Moto's are obviously cheaper now, but still wouldn't buy based on my previous experience.

ercicimo13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ercicimo13
sgraine wrote:got one of these last time, I cannot suggest them they are not loud at all and seem to be designed for people with smaller heads

I had the originals, and I loved them, before they redesigned to this model. I've never seen such a large step back in quality and design of a product. The max volume is about half of what I desire, and you have to turn the bass completely off on the equalizer because ANY bass and they distort. Do I still use them in the gym because they are a cheap bluetooth option? Yes. Are they garbage? Yes.

STrRedWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STrRedWolf

I have these (Moto S10). They are very good for a bluetooth headphone paired with an iPhone 4 and 5; much better than their HT820's. You wear them over the ear, and are very comfortable.

sindex23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sindex23

Bought a set on a previous woot for $25 and have been quite happy with them for all my running since. Easily paired with my Android and have never lost connection.

My only complaint was that I wear glasses and have a larger head, so they're uncomfortable for extended use. But people here were just suggesting I turn them upside down and Ornaments Make Festive Garland it's just made all the difference in the world. Thanks all!

I may grab another pair just in case. I can't go back to wires. Ever.

bpbarrette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpbarrette

I have bad news and good news about these. The bad is I bought a pair from a prior Woot and they didn't last long. The left speaker died after a short while. The good news is it wasn't long after I bought them, so Motorola replaced them with a new pair.

As to the headphones, they hang low behind your neck, so when you wear a coat with a big collar like my winter coat the headphones constantly push against the collar. It's not horrible, but it is annoying.

I do have a larger than average head. My opinion is they would fit and sound a tad better with an average size head. I say this because when I flex them a little bit they sound better. But that flexing improvement only last a moment as they flex back quickly.

These are worth a try for $20.

gabersjg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gabersjg

Spring for the S305's instead...

Check the Motorola forums & you will see tons of complaints about the power button not functioning after a few uses. I personally went through 3 of them. Returned to Motorola, hoped the new pair would work, same issue after a few uses. I found a fix online that involved taking it apart & gluing a small piece of tin foil on the inside of the power button. I have had the best success after doing that, but it will still mess up once in a while. Trust me, get the Motorola S305's on eBay or Amazon. They are much more reliable & comfortable.

Geerhed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Geerhed

I was very disappointed at the low sound level of these headphones. I purchased them for the gym and it's like having a dental appliance on your head. Perfect for masochists who don't like their music.

yesmyok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yesmyok

Bought 2 of these previously. Wife kept one and I got rid of the other. They were too tight and hurt my skull behind the ear. Shame too; they work great. I have the S9HD and don't have this problem. Not sure what changed between models, but the S10HD was no good for me.

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall

Bespectacled Wooters, please talk more about fit with these, please. I've reached the limit of my patience with my corded headphones while jogging and working out, but it looks very much like the ear pieces of these would interfere with the ear pieces of my glasses.

Two Wooters say to 'turn them around'--does that mean wear the bar part under your chin?

Is anyone wearing these with glasses comfortably?

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

I love to wale.

subdewd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subdewd

Initially they felt very uncomfortable. After using them for a month they must have streched out, or else they compressed my skull. Either way they dont cause the discomfort anymore. I work around machinery and they are plenty loud and also block some of the background noise. I am amazed by how far away I get and still have a connection even with alot of background RFI. Some buttons dont work with all aps. But I think it is how the app is written and not the headphones. One complaint, wind noise on my bicycle.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

You should seriously think about buying a real pair of headphones like the HiFiMan HE-300's... they will knock your socks Clean Off!

dscottboggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dscottboggs

I bought one of these for my ex-girlfriend when they were last on woot. They were awesome, and they're the same ones radio shack charges $90 for. So this time I bought three, and I'm going to sell two of them to friends or craigslist or something for $50 each haha

eggy78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggy78

I see that the comments here are about as split as they were when I bought mine. My opinion is basically that of many others here, in that they are horrifically uncomfortable and sound awful.

I have a fairly large head, and whether upside-down or right-side-up, these put a ton of pressure against my skull just behind my ears. There also isn't enough room between my head and ears for these and my earpieces from my glasses to fit comfortably. The buttons are very hard to use, pairing can be a little cryptic (although not much worse than most other bluetooth devices), and they're just barely loud enough to use when exercising or mowing the lawn.

I read the reviews, and I thought, "Surely they can't be that bad. I need something like this. I'll buy them."

This is undoubtedly the most all-around disappointing product I've purchased in my adult life.

tnord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnord

Mine were tight at first, put them on a basketball for 3-4 days and that helped a ton.

The range on these is incredible. I start pandora on my phone, lock it in the day locker at the gym and can go all over the very large gym and not lose signal.

buff1110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buff1110

Refurbished items with a rechargeable battery scare me because you dont know how old or much they were used. Plus reusing someone elses ear buds is just nasty.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Oh boy, I guess I will soon learn if I too have a big head. My illusions of being handsome and debonair may soon be crushed. ;)

mcgary911

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcgary911

I got these last time for $24.99, and would get them again. They DO interfere with my sun glasses a touch, but they're fine after I get them "just right". I've had no complaints about the quality at all. I'd buy them again. You'd never know they were refurb'd.

Good advice on keeping a close watch on the ear gels, as they can pop off if they snag on something.....

ibabox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibabox

I had the same pair good sound , but after a few hours it felt as if someone was trying to craw though my ears to my brain it hurt.

ercicimo13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ercicimo13
dscottboggs wrote:I bought one of these for my ex-girlfriend when they were last on woot. They were awesome, and they're the same ones radio shack charges $90 for. So this time I bought three, and I'm going to sell two of them to friends or craigslist or something for $50 each haha

Funny you mention Radioshack. Check out the terrible reviews this headset continues to get everywhere: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12345953&numProdsPerPage=60#showFullReviews

molesr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molesr

I paid $60 for a set of these on Amazon last February. Since then Motorola has replaced them 3 times because they QUIT WORKING. I wonder who's going to get my old ones that I shipped back to them.

LONTIGGER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LONTIGGER

Yea I've had these and was not impressed! Do not get these if you are planning on lounging around wearing them. I also have the Back beat headset which has the same problem but not as pronounced. Are much, much louder and after a couple years are still working perfectly. One caveat with the back beats, like all "over the ear" headsets, they take some time to get just right every time you put them on. Once on though, they are awesome! BTW I have also tried the LG Tones to wear on my motorcycle and I was not impressed with the build quality at all. Fwiw my best suggestion for bikers, big heads, and audiophiles is to buy a blue tooth adapter, found them on Amazon for $20, and use whatever wired earbuds you like.

minnemike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages minnemike

I have the earlier version, the S9 (which is supposedly better than the newer ones - Moto invested better designers and such back then from what I gathered). Anyways, they work great but there have traditionally been 2 problems with them: 1) sweat can get into the device and wreak havoc and 2) the batteries in these don't keep working for very long and die.... which is what happened to me.

I found a youtube on a guy taking one apart and installing a newer aftermarket battery which increases the working time and life of the set. I am a happy camper now with my several year old headset.

So just a word of warning - if you use it alot or plan on keeping it for more than a couple years, the "non-replaceable" battery will probably die on you.

That said, for $25 you really aren't risking much and a new battery almost costs that much.

bayleb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayleb
wham wrote:I know people that jog with these things on and do not experience such problems.

I returned my pair they would cut out repeatedly Motorola said to send them back to Woot. The sound quality is par for $30 headphones when they work. Yes I was wearing them correctly and they were charged etc. I was pairing with a MotoActv on my right wrist per the manual for Bluetooth headphone setup. I decided after this fail to go with JayBird Freedom Sprint:

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/freedom-sprint-bluetooth-headphones/?gclid=CK_f9IHEwrQCFexAMgodlxYA4w

These Bluetooth headphones have been great! They definitely stay in your ear and the sound quality is par for $100 headphones. I strongly suggest skipping these and go with a JayBird pair or something similar there is a reason these moto's are $20.

subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug
scott.hall wrote:Bespectacled Wooters, please talk more about fit with these, please. I've reached the limit of my patience with my corded headphones while jogging and working out, but it looks very much like the ear pieces of these would interfere with the ear pieces of my glasses.

Two Wooters say to 'turn them around'--does that mean wear the bar part under your chin?

Is anyone wearing these with glasses comfortably?

Eye Glasses certainly do interfere with these headphones. It's quite uncomfortable to try to wear these and glasses. The top of your ear will feel like it's going to fall off after about 15 minutes. You might get by wearing them with the back piece resting on your neck, up side down but for me they hurt my head after a while that way.
One thing people concerned about using the old rubber tips will be happy to know, the original owner probably lost those within the 1st week they owned these so it won't be a concern.
Mine came with several replacement sets of tips, keep them handy. After wearing them for extended time you'll find how soft those rubber tips really are, while digging them out of your ear holes.

pkgonline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkgonline

will it work with Samsung galaxy s2

5h1th34d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5h1th34d

These appear more like earbuds... and it says "Refurbished".

To my mind all I hear is "used things you put inside your ear". Yes, that's right, they were in someone else's ear previously.

What next? Refurbished toothbrushes? Used Socks? Previously owned underwear?

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
ThunderThighs wrote:Sounds like you got a bad Moto rep. Please email support@woot.com and let them know what happened. Please include your woot username and order number for faster service.

I've already emailed them as well.

Thunder thighs big fan,
But Motorola customer support sucks. I bought these for a GPS watch my Motorola (Moto active). I can’t hear the music when running volume too low. Third time using gps cutting law the screen cracked. Motorola refused to repair. Cost $100 or through away.
Bad Motorola experience aside headphones suck charger works great for my daughter’s cell phone though!!!!!

njstherain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njstherain

I bought a pair from woot previously. I know a friend who had them and loved them (except needing to wear them upside down because he had a large head).

I found them atrocious. I have a hard time finding hats, so I know I have a large head, and these do not fit at all, even upside down.

They will only pair with one device at a time. Good or bad, your decision.

Every device I pair them with has a popping sound when I talk, I can listen without a problem, but talking just infuriates the other end. I even paired them with my computer to verify it was the headphones. I tried updating drivers, changing the transmit and volume levels, and multiple devices. Every time, its the same thing, lots of popping noise when they are transmitting.

wham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wham

Well, after reading all the reviews, I have to say:

It's seems you may or may not like these.

jazziz68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jazziz68
wham wrote:I know people that jog with these things on and do not experience such problems.

Instead of knowing people, buy them yourself and let me know Your experience. I'm in the military and run ever day, I used these on my personal runs (5 miles) and bicycling. You will find that as soon as they get wet the button problem will occur. First used in 2007, I thought they would have improved over the years, but same inherent moisture issues.....

wootakane

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootakane
bpr2 wrote:uhhh, REFURBED in ear headphones?

I sure hope so. I'd hate to think they just wiped them down and shipped them out.

With an item like this, "refurbished" gives me the feeling that they replaced the "personal contact" bits in addition to checking over the electronics.