januarymick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages januarymick

Happy birthday to me!

billblinn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billblinn

I made the mistake of buying these once. Once. Never again. I prefer to make new mistakes rather than repeat old ones.

wootakane

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootakane
kat8480 wrote:Thunder thighs big fan,
But Motorola customer support sucks. I bought these for a GPS watch my Motorola (Moto active). I can’t hear the music when running volume too low. Third time using gps cutting law the screen cracked. Motorola refused to repair. Cost $100 or through away.
Bad Motorola experience aside headphones suck charger works great for my daughter’s cell phone though!!!!!

Whew! Where to begin?

First of all, did you try connecting to the GPS while it wasn't watching your Motorola? Maybe the GPS was distracted.

And if you can't hear the music, you obviously need to turn the running volume up a bit. You'll never hear the music if the running volume is too low.

Sorry to hear about the cracked screen, but you must know that any illegal use voids the warranty. Cutting the law is asking for trouble, whether using GPS or not.

At least your daughter is getting some use from her suck charger, although I'm glad you didn't go into too much detail.

Good luck with that whole grammar and punctuation thing!

NomadDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NomadDave

Question.. I've been looking over the reviews and see a lot of large and small head with only one referring to an actual size for comparison. I don't consider myself to have an overly large head though my motorcycle helmet is large.

Is 7 3/8" too large to fit these comfortably?

David N Polister

onlye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onlye

Also previously purchased them. I have replaced them with a different style/brand. These are so uncomfortable I can wear them no time before they hurt. (I have a smaller head so that is not the issue). I tried them again this past weekend and still dislike them. Sound is not so good either but if the comfort issue was not there they would be usable. Even at $20 would not recommend.

onlye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onlye
billblinn wrote:I made the mistake of buying these once. Once. Never again. I prefer to make new mistakes rather than repeat old ones.

ditto

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
NomadDave wrote:Question.. I've been looking over the reviews and see a lot of large and small head with only one referring to an actual size for comparison. I don't consider myself to have an overly large head though my motorcycle helmet is large.

Is 7 3/8" too large to fit these comfortably?

I wear a size 8 hat and I could barely get the earbuds in my ears.

Myndex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Myndex

Bout a couple of these last time.

Review: Meh. Pretty uncomfortable. IN fact, it feels like my head is in a vice. Tried all the various ear adapters, and all are quite uncomfortable. Maybe my head is too big, LOL.

I have the Plantronics 903+ and they are much more comfortable.

tindelsurf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tindelsurf

I bought these last woot-off... $25 - I think. I had to send mine to Motorola once - no issues with them since I received the replacement

Pros:
Cheap
Wireless
They look good
Excellent range - I can easily go 50ft or more away from my phone and not lose connectivity.
Can last all day

Cons:
Sound quality is awful - what do you expect from 3/8" speakers?
Uncomfortable as others have pointed out.
Had to send them back at a cost of an additional $5 or so to get a working set.

Verdict:
I'm keeping my money in my pocket.

Larger Verdict:
I'm done buying electronics from woot... of the things I've ordered - all but one is in the recycle bin - and we don't use it.

somethingtowootabout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somethingtowootabout

I have had a pair of these for a little over three months and have no complaints. The battery life was surprising. I get several hours out of each charge. They are light and the voice command button is very handy. They fit right under the back of my bike helmet too, which is the whole reason I bought them. They are a bit snug but that's due to my heritage, not a design flaw. Would recommend.

RANDYSINGER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RANDYSINGER

do not buy these!!!!!!! they SUCK...the audio quality is like a tin can a.m. radio.

i threw them away.....do not waste your money....ugh...........

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
(12:11 AM, today) CowboyDann admits he has a fat head.

Thanks Thunderthighs <3

cnetheri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cnetheri
sgraine wrote:got one of these last time, I cannot suggest them they are not loud at all and seem to be designed for people with smaller heads

Agree! I got one last time and it is not comfortable. Squeezes too hard.

djmuncheechee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmuncheechee

Bought mine here a cpl months ago on WOOT.... Worst head phones I've ever owned! Mostly due to volume issues. They're like the headphones your mother would recommend... Max volume is half that of ANY other I've ever experienced.

smithpad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithpad

Two points:

I have a big head as well, and they're fine for an hour or two. After that I need a break for 10-15 minutes.

Second, the ear gels pop off far too easily. Not while I'm wearing the headset, but while I'm storing or moving it. A dab of superglue did the trick and now they don't move at all.

I still recommend this set, simply for the convenience factor. Especially at this price.

djmuncheechee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmuncheechee
Geerhed wrote:I was very disappointed at the low sound level of these headphones. I purchased them for the gym and it's like having a dental appliance on your head. Perfect for masochists who don't like their music.

Most accurate description!

rileyper

quality posts: 68 Private Messages rileyper

I got these before, good sound quality but i fell asleep between champaign il and chicago il (3-4 hour trip) and my ears were in so much pain... I would not reccomend for long usage.

AuthorGuy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AuthorGuy9

Bought these the last time when they were up. They sound great and no problem paring them with a Windows 7 notebook or Ipad, but they are both, too tight to the point of being uncomfortable, OR, if I'm wearing them while I run, the bouncing of the headset causes there to be a loud clicking as the earpieces break contact again and again with my ears. So, they are both too tight and too loose. I'll try wearing them upside down as many suggest and see how that works. I think they may just be a bad physical design. I have some Motorola 305s (outside ear) which work great and have great range, but which are also tough to run with. It's not the technology, it's getting the bluetooth electronics into a package that is light, secure, and can withstand exercise movement.

frankstevy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankstevy

The first time last year I saw these ( Motorola S10-HD ) it puzzled me how exactly they were worn and I looked them up on youtube . I see they are still ' assuming ' everyone knows how these are worn , it just amazes me they do not address that ? Just on picture for the non-hip Humans ?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:Thanks Thunderthighs <3

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

anythiene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anythiene

I bought these a couple of weeks ago from Woot. The price was great, they were easy to pair with my iPhone and my Mac. The sound quality is perfect. However, no matter how I adjusted the fit, they KILLED my ears! I made sure I was wearing them exactly how they are designed to be worm - where the back sticks out behind your neck and sort of floats above your neck a little bit. But the part of the headphones that goes over the top of my ears would REALLY hurt after only a few minutes, and the part that goes in the ear would start to hurt really bad as well. They do come with several different sizes of in-ear pieces, but even with the smallest ones, I couldn't wear these for more than about 10-20 minutes. I am returning mine for a refund.

boomerb5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomerb5

I bought a set of S-9s a year or two ago. They were kind of meh. Not super-comfortable on my large head and the blue tooth connectivity was sketchy.

Last month woot had the S-10s for $25 and I gave them a shot. A little sad to see them for $20 now. But they are a decided improvement over the S-9. The silicone ear nubs fit much better (had to try all four to find the best fit). The BT connects very cleanly and has a very good range. The charge has been satisfactory so far, too.

They did come in a plastic bag, not a box. But they were clean and looked like new to me.

sal9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sal9000
dawnview wrote:YouTube Reviews:

[MOD: Embedded the videos for you]

grandmoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grandmoo
pkgonline wrote:will it work with Samsung galaxy s2

Yes they do. That's what I'm paired with, no problems.

sindex23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sindex23
scott.hall wrote:Bespectacled Wooters, please talk more about fit with these, please. I've reached the limit of my patience with my corded headphones while jogging and working out, but it looks very much like the ear pieces of these would interfere with the ear pieces of my glasses.

Two Wooters say to 'turn them around'--does that mean wear the bar part under your chin?

Is anyone wearing these with glasses comfortably?

You still wear them behind your head, but just turn them upside down. In other words, the part that goes over your ear (that interferes with your glasses) will go under your ear instead.

I just tried it today and they're very comfy this way, though it takes a bit to get used to the volume up being on the bottom, etc.

bluedevilbill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedevilbill
greenie44 wrote:Sorry, I do have a big head, and these fit just fine if you wear them upside down. And I bought them since my hearing is not what it used to be. I was happy with these at $25, although I eventually moved up to an LG Tone, which are even better, but twice the price.

parseven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parseven
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Bluetooth Headphones
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

For some reason the S-9s are MUCH better than these. I picked up two of these last go 'round on Woot, and several returns later... I own only the S9s. I wound up pitching the often-replaced S-10s. They would work/not work/mysterious button function/not function. Couldn't directly attribute the funky behaviours to sweat, but I do know that I couldn't count on them in the least.

I suppose newer version doesn't always mean better version.

hillpete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hillpete

I've had them for a year and they work great! I use them in a dusty environment and they are holding up great. However they do get uncomfortable after only a couple of hours and they sound quality is only ok. Also I can't get them to pair with my iPad 2. $20 is a great deal. I've seen them for as much as $90.

franimal62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franimal62
wham wrote:I know people that jog with these things on and do not experience such problems.

I can wear them for an hour, then my head hurts. They always need adjusting, even when walking. Forget about running. No way. They sound great when they're in your ears just right, which never lasts more than one song.

mikerstein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikerstein
CaviMike wrote:Did anyone else google The Telekinetic Monks?

Nope. Just you...

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Arrived today, 1/4/13
Very basic plastic wrap packaging.
Appears to be in new condition and clean with a pack of fresh ear pieces.
A tip to pairing,press and HOLD the on/off button long enough to see the red blinking light and continue to press it until you see the blue/red blinking light. Also have your phone in blue tooth while turning the unit on.
Paired without any trouble. Sound quality is "ok".
Thankfully I've learned my head is of normal size since these seem to fit me just fine.

ozzy49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozzy49

When did Woot get so fast? Everything I have bought up to now (it has been a while) took 3 weeks. No problem as I knew that and didn't buy anything I had to have right away. These came today - 5 days, right?

Rustedblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rustedblue

Well, got my Motorola S10-HD headphones today. Form factor is fine, seem a little small when you first try them on, but I think they stretch a bit and your head gets used to them.

But I've been completely unable to pair them with my iPhone 4S. I can make them discoverable to the phone, but when I select the device in the phone's menu it tells me

"Pairing Unsuccessful

Make sure "Motorola S10-HD" is turned on, in range, and is ready to pair."

I've tried doing the factory reset on the headphones but to no avail. Does anyone happen to have a fix for this?

TJPax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TJPax
ozzy49 wrote:When did Woot get so fast? Everything I have bought up to now (it has been a while) took 3 weeks. No problem as I knew that and didn't buy anything I had to have right away. These came today - 5 days, right?

Exact opposite problem for me...C'mon woot...I'm a few zip codes from the warehouse...what gives?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TJPax wrote:Exact opposite problem for me...C'mon woot...I'm a few zip codes from the warehouse...what gives?

These shipped out of an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse, not our Carrollton warehouse. FBA uses various shipping methods depending on which warehouse, your location, and other mysteries that I don't understand.

Anyway, it looks like yours shipped SmartPost. You should have a tracking number under Stuff You Bought.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Rustedblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rustedblue
Rustedblue wrote:But I've been completely unable to pair them with my iPhone 4S. I can make them discoverable to the phone, but when I select the device in the phone's menu it tells me

"Pairing Unsuccessful

Make sure "Motorola S10-HD" is turned on, in range, and is ready to pair."

I've tried doing the factory reset on the headphones but to no avail. Does anyone happen to have a fix for this?

For anyone else encountering this problem I've found the solution. I had to restore my iPhone 4S in order to get an uncorrupted version of the Bluetooth firmware. Works just fine now. Good luck.

abuglife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuglife

I'm going to get a Bluetooth Headphones and find the price of this is good. Does it only fit for Motorola?

leeharris79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leeharris79

Had to reset the headphones before they would connect. Hold down the + and 0 (power button) until the LED turns blue. Then power off the headset and power on. Put the iPhone in discoverable mode and they should now sync.

andy5224

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy5224

So I bought these from Woot and wish I could return them. I'm not one to give bad reviews - I'm a very positive person...but these things are AWFUL, okay?? WAY too tight (I don't have a big head but if I wear these for awhile I am guaranteed to have sore ear-cartilage). If that weren't enough the sound quality plain inhales vigorously (I have a very keen ear for good sound). Finally, as a headset for the phone - forget that, too. Folks on the other side of the conversation say the background noise is so bad they can barely hear me over it...and I was driving, in the city (slow, stop/go with lights, etc) with windows up and in a mid-sized car. NO other Bluetooth headset has been this bad. DO NOT BUY THESE...there's nothing good about them except the do look kinda cool.

andy5224

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy5224
abuglife wrote:I'm going to get a Bluetooth Headphones and find the price of this is good. Does it only fit for Motorola?

No, they'll work with any Bluetooth system - but I don't recommend getting these...period. Really pathetic on every level except asthetics. See my other post about them.