cory8062

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cory8062
gregoryborecki wrote:NO HDMI

Yea, That's a bit of a bummer. However, if you think about it you would really only be using the HDMI to hook it up to a nice monitor where it will stay for some time (hours or so). At that point, you should get a dock for power and other output. I think this one has digital HDMI output and it was mentioned int he reviews as being directly designed for this model?
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=460&Code=0A33932#overview

And here is the actual DataSheet from Lenovo.com if anyone is interested.
[url]http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/pdf/system_data/x220t_tech_specs.pdf[/url

aaronwoolf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaronwoolf
cory8062 wrote:...using the HDMI to hook it up to a nice monitor...you should get a dock... I think this one has digital HDMI output

Nope. The laptop and dock both have DP, not HDMI. You can get a cheap DP->HDMI adapter cable for about $5: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=displayport+hdmi+-mini

garmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garmac

Just received my laptop. The packaging was pathetic and box was totally open... UPS guy was very nice and told me to check. Fortunately the Lenovo box was intact inside and laptop works great. Cherry on the cake this laptop came with a Centrino Ultimate 6300 Wifi Card, I was only expecting the 6205... also it took the mSATA Samsung 830 32gb SSD in the WAN slot... perfect to boost loading times... Very happy with purchase, that was such a great deal!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
garmac wrote:Just received my laptop. The packaging was pathetic and box was totally open... UPS guy was very nice and told me to check. Fortunately the Lenovo box was intact inside and laptop works great. Cherry on the cake this laptop came with a Centrino Ultimate 6300 Wifi Card, I was only expecting the 6205... also it took the mSATA Samsung 830 32gb SSD in the WAN slot... perfect to boost loading times... Very happy with purchase, that was such a great deal!

Good to hear it worked out!

I'm just hanging out, really.

garmac

inkycatz wrote:Good to hear it worked out!

Oh, also, when I checked on the Lenovo website for the warranty using the serial number, it shows that this laptop has 3 years warranty! not just one... You can add a accidental coverage for $199... not that cheap though... I wish I could find a coupon for it...

shrinkrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shrinkrap

Can't hardly wait! But my tracking link doesn't work. Is there an faq about that?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

shrinkrap wrote:Can't hardly wait! But my tracking link doesn't work. Is there an faq about that?

The link might be broken?

We recommend that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and see if they can find out why your order hasn't updated.

windgao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windgao

Does it have a webcam?

sprozelth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprozelth
shrinkrap wrote:Can't hardly wait! But my tracking link doesn't work. Is there an faq about that?

I think I am having the same problem. Does your tracking say this: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.?

shrinkrap

sprozelth wrote:I think I am having the same problem. Does your tracking say this: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.?

Yes!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@sprozelth & @shrinkrap: Sorry for the problems with your tracking. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sloppy115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sloppy115
sprozelth wrote:I think I am having the same problem. Does your tracking say this: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.?

Try putting your tracking number in the FedEX website instead. I believe it is being shipped via FedEx Smartpost.

garmac

windgao wrote:Does it have a webcam?

I think it's supposed to be HD 720p, but I have not tried it yet... and can't find a way to enable it under windows 8... weird...

garmac

sloppy115 wrote:Try putting your tracking number in the FedEX website instead. I believe it is being shipped via FedEx Smartpost.

I guess it depends, mine was shipped UPS all the way...

kwkelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli
garmac wrote:I think it's supposed to be HD 720p, but I have not tried it yet... and can't find a way to enable it under windows 8... weird...

I just received mine and close examination revealed that there is no web cam, just a round plastic cover where one should be. Too bad!

garmac

kwkelli wrote:I just received mine and close examination revealed that there is no web cam, just a round plastic cover where one should be. Too bad!

Yep, you're right. I guess the description of the laptop was not fully correct. We get the Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300 wireless card but that option does not allow for a camera... Something to do with the wiring of the 3x3 antennas... I wish I could just find the part, I would install it myself and lose one of the 3x3 antennas...

kwkelli

garmac wrote:Yep, you're right. I guess the description of the laptop was not fully correct. We get the Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300 wireless card but that option does not allow for a camera... Something to do with the wiring of the 3x3 antennas... I wish I could just find the part, I would install it myself and lose one of the 3x3 antennas...

I've been looking, too. I will let you know if I find it.

garmac

kwkelli wrote:I've been looking, too. I will let you know if I find it.

I think something like this should do the trick: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110965389902?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649. The question is do we need a cable to connect it?

aideav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aideav

I'm kind of bummed out that we didn't get a webcam. do you guys think the upgraded wifi card is a better deal? what benefits does it have over the standard wifi card?

garmac

aideav wrote:I'm kind of bummed out that we didn't get a webcam. do you guys think the upgraded wifi card is a better deal? what benefits does it have over the standard wifi card?

Yeah, kinda sucks but the surprise of getting 3 years warranty instead of 1 advertised I guess make up for the camera loss. The upgraded Wifi card can reach speeds of up to 450 Mb instead of 300 Mb. I read it does not improve range, just speed as long as you have a compatible router that supports those speeds...

As soon as I receive the webcam kit, I will see if I can set that up and just add it without breaking too many things..

shrinkrap

ThunderThighs wrote:@sprozelth & @shrinkrap: Sorry for the problems with your tracking. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Got mine!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shrinkrap wrote:Got mine!

YAY!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

garmac

kwkelli wrote:I've been looking, too. I will let you know if I find it.

SUCCESS!!! I was able to add the camera module. Got the one I indicated on ebay. There is a cable there you just need to connect. A few things to note. There is already an antenna in the space for the camera, but if you remove the foan that the antenna is sitting on, it fits perfectly behind the camera module. You will also need to a find a screw that will hold the module in place. I had screws from other laptops and 1 did fit... Only one screw is needed...

The module I bought is intended for the X220 Laptop, not the tablet, so it does not come with the plastic cover that would replace the black one that is installed. But what I did that worked is cut the one that came with the module so to have a round cover that fit. It's not perfect but will do the trick since it's impossible to find just that piece on ebay...

So far it works great... It takes a little time and been careful to not break the plastic clips when taking apart the display assembly (I only broke one... Check hardware manual pages 100-110 for assembly instructions).

Very happy to now have a camera on this Lenovo...

kwkelli

garmac wrote:SUCCESS!!! I was able to add the camera module. Got the one I indicated on ebay. There is a cable there you just need to connect. A few things to note. There is already an antenna in the space for the camera, but if you remove the foan that the antenna is sitting on, it fits perfectly behind the camera module. You will also need to a find a screw that will hold the module in place. I had screws from other laptops and 1 did fit... Only one screen is needed...

The module I bought is intended for the X220 Laptop, not the tablet, so it does not come with the plastic cover that would replace the black one that is installed. But what I did that worked is cut the one that came with the module so to have a round cover that fit. It's not perfect but will do the trick since it's impossible to find just that piece on ebay...

So far it works great... It takes a little time and been careful to not break the plastic clips when taking apart the display assembly (I only broke one... Check hardware manual pages 100-110 for assembly instructions).

Very happy to now have a camera on this Lenovo...

That is awesome! Thank you for the link and tips. I am going to order and hope to be just as successful.

cybernano2o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cybernano2o

Does anyone know if this ThinkPad is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 8 if I purchase it this month? I read the specs and it says Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit so I should be ok.

Initially I thought that I won't be comfortable with the new UI but it looks like I can bring back the old look with 3rd party tools like classic shell.

I will have to switch sometime so why not do it now?

Thanks!

garmac

cybernano2o wrote:Does anyone know if this ThinkPad is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 8 if I purchase it this month? I read the specs and it says Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit so I should be ok.

Initially I thought that I won't be comfortable with the new UI but it looks like I can bring back the old look with 3rd party tools like classic shell.

I will have to switch sometime so why not do it now?

Thanks!

You should definitely do it. That's one of the first thing I did and the upgrade only cost $15 until I think sometimes in February... Even if the touch panel is "only" 2 fingers instead of the 10 for the newer tablets like the Surface... it still works perfectly and is enough for my use... Also I did get the Start8 utility from stardock to bring back the Windows 7 style start menu... I will have to check out the one you are referencing...