WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Happy Music Monday! It's New Year's Eve Day, and pretty much no boss is going to be in the office. That's why we're celebrating with a look at the most dangerous of music: NSFW Hits. We'll label them so you don't forget, but be aware, all the videos on the other end of these links will be somehow NSFW. The images, though, will all be G-rated. Like this one!

Duran Duran - Girls On Film NSFW

Duran Duran could do no wrong in the eyes of MTV, which was why it was so shocking when their video for "Girls On Film" got pulled for being too edgy. Of course the video was edited but the world had been changed, and the band that mixed Barbarella with Roxy Music suddenly fell apart. No, just kidding, they went on to be hugely successful, and nobody took them to court or anything. It's good to be handsome and British, isn't it?

After the jump we've got four more NSFW songs and last week's Spotify list. See you inside ...

As always, be sure to check out our Spotify playlist. This week's features a great selection from last week's Music Monday comments. The theme of the mix this time is Christmas Songs and if you're looking for something wholesome, we suggest you start there. Remember, all links in our current Music Monday below should be considered NSFW.

2 Live Crew - Me So Horny NSFW

And here's what happens if you AREN'T handsome and British. The truth is, if nobody had tried to take Luther Campbell to court, nobody would have even HEARD of 2 Live Crew. The beat's okay, the lyrics are profane but goofy, the video's kinda boring, and there's nothing here you can't see after ten on network television. Even still, it's this song that lead to a court case that proved it wasn't a crime to say dirty things on your record. That's right, these guys are pretty much the George Carlin of rap.

The Beloved - Sweet Harmony NSFW

Why a photo of lights? Well, because pretty much every other second of this video is NSFW. Let me summarize: the lead singer is a naked man, and his backup singers are a room full of naked women. They're all sitting very carefully so you never see anything scandalous, but you'd certainly have to explain all those legs and shoulders if anyone peeked over your shoulder. A radio-friendly pop song otherwise, though.

Major Lazer - Pon De Floor NSFW

And here we have the exact opposite! There's zero nudity in this Major Lazer song, but it's so NSFW that even YouTube makes you sign in to watch it. It's a tribute/parody of the art of daggering, which is basically just doin' it through dance. The video is completely ridiculous and sort of like an R-rated "Pee Wee's Playhouse." By the end of it, you'll have no doubt that this is less sexy and more slapstick.

Madonna - Justify My Love NSFW

Contortionists, staggering, odd geographical metaphors, and Madonna grabbing herself … and that's the first minute. Today it just looks like a slightly intense version of Law & Order: SVU but back in the day, this was so dangerous it made Nightline. Amazingly the video could probably have aired in prime time with minor changes, but Madonna and compromise- well, she is who she is. This video kicked off what would become the sex-mad 90s but, in my opinion, the groove's actually the best part.

We invite you all to visit our Turntable.fm room for the regular Music Monday enjoyment. Also, let us just remind you: some images come from the corresponding Wikipedia page and are here under fair use. And hey ... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Quality Posts

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

mucky pup *.*.*.*. - YouTube [NSFW]

Lyrics?

Mistletoe the war
Mistletoe the world
Mistletoe Khadafi he's a nerd

Mistletoe the bombs
And your views
And Walter Cronkite with the news

Mistletoe the Ronnie
Mistletoe the Nancy
Mistletoe the Reagans they're so fancy

Mistletoe the Mucky
Mistletoe the Pup
Mistletoe the world it's so Mistletoeed up

pinoygooner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinoygooner

Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up (Youtube, but really NSFW!!!)

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

"Closer" by NIN. A notable omission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwpcUawjK0

Wrong, but hilarious on so many levels.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

Love Duran Duran, MTV kinda gave them a rep for being pretty and not a solid band.

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen

Damn it, Scott, I work in retail and there is NO WAY that I can justify the time or the internet search history to find out if anyone's posted the long-lost, shelved before release video for Soft Cell's fantastic "Sex Dwarf." It was on YouTube for a little while a few years back. Worth seeking out for those interested in seeing Marc Almond cavorting with transsexuals while surrounded by sides of beef and maggots.

Oh wait, you wanted hits. Well, it should have been one.

When I get home I'll take a look for it. And maybe "Stinkfist."

mossygreen

tedzilla99 wrote:Love Duran Duran, MTV kinda gave them a rep for being pretty and not a solid band.

Well, wasn't it kind of their own fault for being pretty? I mean, Rick Nielsen engineered a practical half-pretty/half-goofy band that worked.

technosavant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages technosavant

I'd think that Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name Of" and Dr. Dre's "F--- with Dre Day" would be givens in this category.

xlinder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xlinder

Oingo Boingo's "Little Girls" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

i have a soft spot for rap and hip/hop, and i understand that what i get is exactly what i ask for, so it's awesome that lil' kim hands out extra helpings every time.
i remember hearing this on the radio and every other word or phrase was a bleep or a sound effect, which made for an interesting but unintelligible song. which, a'course, prompted me to buy the full album.
Lil' Kim (Featuring Sisqo) - How Many Licks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhCD9qxlczo

bibojim

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bibojim

Soft Cell - Sex Dwarf (Banned Version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NHW8V-WEk

mossygreen

bibojim wrote:Soft Cell - Sex Dwarf (Banned Version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NHW8V-WEk

Bless you, sir or madam. He swore it would never see the light of day! But that was in 1984!

This video also neatly answers the question of "what do you do with Dave Ball in a video?" without using false facial hair (although, my favorite Soft Cell video answer to that is when his false sideburns are cut off with a hedge trimmer by an attractive woman in the "Frustration" video; that's adorably ridiculous).

optia

quality posts: 10 Private Messages optia

What, no love for Beef Savages and their song "F*ck"?

It's the title and the only lyric.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Oh yes....how could I forget this.
Mistletoe the Pain away by Peaches.

The "unofficial" video. Age restricted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGTNS13SDU

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

One of my fave groups is almost all NSFW... their name is E-Rotic

Willy, Use a Billy is one of the best vids for them.

Ralph, Don't Make Love to Yourself;
Max, Don't Have Sex with your Ex;
Fred, Come to Bed;
Help Me Dr. D ick;
Oh Nick, Please Not So Quick;
Fritz, Love my tinsel;
Rave Me Dave...

Yep, they like to get it on and rhyme...

Two others I like:
Bloodhound Gang - The Ballad Of Chasey Lain... definitely NSFW or the family.

La Tour - People are Still Having Sex

ownedbymypugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ownedbymypugs

No love for Clarence Carter?

Or Color Mr Badd?

Or even Salt-n-Pepa?

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Not sure why I did not think of these earlier... I love techno/dance, etc... and here are some more good NSFW vids I know of...

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

Benny Benassi - Who's Your Daddy?

Mason vs Princess Superstar - Perfect

ATB - Could You Believe

Eric Prydz - Call on Me

Uniting Nations - Out of Touch

Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit

Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria

Rudenko - Everybody

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I think it starts and ends with NWA; they had huge hits with songs that couldn't be played on the radio even massive bleeping!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

cjhughes

quality posts: 24 Private Messages cjhughes

Here's a short list of songs featuring the f-bomb.

• F*!#in' Up by Neil Young & Crazy Horse from Ragged Glory (yes, that's how it's listed on the CD)
  • You're Breaking My Heart by Harry Nilsson from Son of Schmilsson
  • Mistletoe You by Cee Lo (really surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet and no, that's not the real name, you can blame the Woot filter-bot)
  • Wharf Rat by the Grateful Dead from Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses) (only 1 f-bomb, but I've got to throw in a Dead song if I can)

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
Woot:40(Babies on Cribs:7) Kids:0 Wine:1 Shirt:7 Sellout:4 Home:1 Moofi: 2