WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lenovo ThinkPad 15.6" Core i5 Laptop

Speed to First Woot:
27m 10.119s
First Sucker:
silverslugger3
Last Wooter to Woot:
bstoth
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 15% of Woot.com Woots
Bottom 31% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 23% of Woot.com Woots
Bottom 24% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 50% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 17% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 6% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 50% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 39% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
6%
11%
6%
6%
0%
0%
0%
6%
17%
17%
33%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad 15.6" Core i5 Laptop
$699.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

hak426


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426

Wait, what happened here? There is a new item before midnight? Is this a secret Woot-Off?

greatgerm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages greatgerm

I'm so confused.

sunny441


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunny441

Previous item sold out.

New item now. If this sells out too, expect another one to take it's place.

williewuchuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages williewuchuy

I want X220t,where is it?T-T

Kyouteki


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kyouteki

Same thing happened at sport.woot today - did they accidentally leave the queues in Woot-Off mode?

note2001


quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Perhaps in celebration of the new year they're going woot-off style, but have too many items in stock of each to call it a true woot off?

geekwench


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench

Looks like there's a lot of stock needing moving at the end of the year. This is like a Woot-off with less pressure.

note2001


quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

I like this little laptop... 2.5 GHz is not too shabby. Fast drive with 320GB 7200RPM. Could use a bit more ram (for this price I think it should come with the full 8) What really I don't like is the hefty 6# weight.

... and I continue on the hunt for that perfect portable one for my college kid ... maybe it's up next?

dbcwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbcwoot

What graphics chip is in this unit?

skinnermm


quality posts: 1 Private Messages skinnermm
Kyouteki wrote:Same thing happened at sport.woot today - did they accidentally leave the queues in Woot-Off mode?



kids.woot too.

hak426


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426
sunny441 wrote:Previous item sold out.

New item now. If this sells out too, expect another one to take it's place.



That's called a Woot-Off!

victim1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages victim1

not impressed. The newer version of this laptop, the thinkpad L530 with same specs as this one + upgrade to i5-3210(ivy core)on lenevo's website is 659$... with coupon USPRETHINK it gets down to 626.05$ + tax... and free expedited shipping.

Now where is the deal?

ericshmerick


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

15.6" screen.
1366x768.
Run in the opposite direction! Also, not a proper T-series.

Sad that I missed the X220t. It was a MUCH better buy...

dliidlii


quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

HP ENVY Ivy Bridge Core i7 Quad 17" Blu-ray Laptop for $784 + free shipping
HP Home & Home Office Store continues to offer the 6.9-lb. HP ENVY dv7t-7200 Quad Edition Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7 2.4GHz 17" LED-Backlit Laptop, model no. C0L20AV, for $899.99. Coupon code "NB7845" drops it to $783.99. With free shipping, that one of the best prices we've seen for a 17" ENVY laptop with this processor, although it was $24 less last week (since expired). Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include an Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge quad-core processor, 17.3" 1600x900 LED-backlit LCD, 8GB RAM, 750GB hard drive, Blu-ray player / DVD burner combo drive, 802.11n wireless, webcam, 6-cell battery, and Windows 8 64-bit. Coupon expires January 6.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

note2001 wrote:I like this little laptop... 2.5 GHz is not too shabby. Fast drive with 320GB 7200RPM. Could use a bit more ram (for this price I think it should come with the full 8) What really I don't like is the hefty 6# weight.

... and I continue on the hunt for that perfect portable one for my college kid ... maybe it's up next?



our buyers want me to tell you it's hefty because of its 9 cell Li-Ion battery (vs standard 6 cell).
so, your collitch kid could have oodles more battery life. that means he/she will spend less time tied down to a charger.

so your collitch kid will get to spend more time outside his/her dorm room. your collitch kid will be hanging out in the student union, where he/she will meet his/her soulmate.

heck, your collitch kid will probably win a nobel prize, because he/she didn't have all those low-battery woes that kept his/her classmates from performing extra-curricular research.

your collitch kid will save the world, all because you gave your collitch kid a laptop that, while heftier, had an above-average battery life.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

muol


quality posts: 1 Private Messages muol
PemberDucky wrote:our buyers want me to tell you it's hefty because of its 9 cell Li-Ion battery (vs standard 6 cell).
so, your collitch kid could have oodles more battery life. that means he/she will spend less time tied down to a charger.

so your collitch kid will get to spend more time outside his/her dorm room. your collitch kid will be hanging out in the student union, where he/she will meet his/her soulmate.

heck, your collitch kid will probably win a nobel prize, because he/she didn't have all those low-battery woes that kept his/her classmates from performing extra-curricular research.

your collitch kid will save the world, all because you gave your collitch kid a laptop that, while heftier, had an above-average battery life.



Yeah, but then his collitch kid will discover the only one thing a 15.6" screen with a 1366x768 resolution is good for: watching movies. And will drop out of class within the 1st year...

chris4132


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris4132

Another laptop up on Moofi - could be a crap shoot with the battery and power cord though...

Lenovo ThinkPad L512 Dual-Core i5 Notebook w/ 15” LED Display 4GB DDR 320GB SATA Win 7 Pro (Open Box)

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/lenovo-thinkpad-with-dual-core-i5-5

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

victim1 wrote:not impressed. The newer version of this laptop, the thinkpad L530 with same specs as this one + upgrade to i5-3210(ivy core)on lenevo's website is 659$... with coupon USPRETHINK it gets down to 626.05$ + tax... and free expedited shipping.

Now where is the deal?



i've been sent on winged monkeys to tell you the following:

"when you upgrade the Lenovo L530 to i5-3210 and include the 9 cell Li-Ion Battery, Windows 7 Pro and Fingerprint reader, it comes back with $779."

did you enter different specs?
also, apparently Lenovo spits back the coupon code you described as "invalid."

maybe you can provide a link that illustrates what you're describing?


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

muol wrote:Yeah, but then his collitch kid will discover the only one thing a 15.6" screen with a 1366x768 resolution is good for: watching movies. And will drop out of class within the 1st year...



maybe they'll still hang out in the student union?
i definitely met a few of THOSE kids when i was in school.....


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

powelljennifer9524


quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524
hak426 wrote:Wait, what happened here? There is a new item before midnight? Is this a secret Woot-Off?



Yeah right??!! What other secrets are they hiding from us?? LOL!!!

powelljennifer9524


quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524

I have this computer and LOVE IT!!!!!


PS: Buy this
1) It's awesome!!
2) This might be a secret woot off!
3) They changed it once today, maybe the next change will be a Bunch of Cheer

I know it is very unlikely, but a person can have dreams!! Don't ruin it.

ewhac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewhac
Resolution: 1366 x 768


AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I sneer derisively at anything less than 1440 x 900.

My current laptop has 1440 x 900. It's a ThinkPad Z61t. With a 14-inch display. From five years ago.

Seriously, I want to hurt the guy behind this 1366 x 768 conspiracy.

powelljennifer9524


quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524

Woot should have a food.woot.

agiorgio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages agiorgio
ewhac wrote:AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I sneer derisively at anything less than 1440 x 900.

My current laptop has 1440 x 900. It's a ThinkPad Z61t. With a 14-inch display. From five years ago.

Seriously, I want to hurt the guy behind this 1366 x 768 conspiracy.



It's not a real ThinkPad, so that's why you get the lesser screen. Lenovo knows their target market well, and those that care about things like screen resolution will pay for a 1080p screen.

asjxvii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages asjxvii

Lenovo is a Chinese company. Buy HP or Dell and save some jobs

goyjuss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goyjuss
asjxvii wrote:Lenovo is a Chinese company. Buy HP or Dell and save some jobs



You do realize that you're probably still saving Chinese jobs by purchasing HP or Dell.. right?

SinnFein


quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein
asjxvii wrote:Lenovo is a Chinese company. Buy HP or Dell and save some jobs



Because they don't manufacture in China, right?

That's like saying buy a Chevy to save American jobs, when they do a ton of manufacturing in Mexico and Honda/Toyota both have plants here in the US.

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

I have this laptop. Bought from Woot!. (At least my kid tells me it's the exact same one).


So: it's a great machine. Very durable (yes, it has slid out of my hands a few times.) Operates reliably. I like the keyboard, the red trackball and the touch pad. good webcam and microphone. I like the two sets of right and left click buttons.
charges very fast, and, in general, I have no complaint about how fast it processes, etc. I ADORE the fingerprint sign on, makes me feel it is very secure. I also LOVE the lenovo password vault that will, upon my direction, auto sign me on to all the websites.

The only downside: it is HEAVY. Makes whatever bag i have it in a chore to carry. (i had the 13" lenovo's previously, and they were much, much lighter. If you are going to schlep this around as a true laptop, consider the weight . . .

k87


quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87
PemberDucky wrote:maybe they'll still hang out in the student union?
i definitely met a few of THOSE kids when i was in school.....



Nothing personal against this particular lappy. Just saying that it is sad that these devices have such lower resolution compared to phones (even my nexus 4 has a far superior pixel density)

Full disclosure: the hp probook lappy I am typing this on has the same resolution as the ThinkPad does

ckaminsk


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckaminsk

My Toshiba Portege M200 is 6 years old and has 1400x1050 LCD. Purchased for $220

ewhac wrote:AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I sneer derisively at anything less than 1440 x 900.

My current laptop has 1440 x 900. It's a ThinkPad Z61t. With a 14-inch display. From five years ago.

Seriously, I want to hurt the guy behind this 1366 x 768 conspiracy.



joshtheitguy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages joshtheitguy

The screen resolution is way too low and the Intel HD graphics are a turn off as well.

Although if you need something for just basic home use it seems like a good deal and most importantly it comes with Windows 7, that right there makes it worth it by itself.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
powelljennifer9524 wrote:Woot should have a food.woot.



I'm actually expecting pet.woot to be the next one.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Kyouteki wrote:Same thing happened at sport.woot today - did they accidentally leave the queues in Woot-Off mode?



"Cash Grab" mode, probably. Not sure that I'm crazy about it.

baboval


quality posts: 3 Private Messages baboval

FYI, the "L" series ThinkPads are the red-headed stepchildren of the ThinkPad line. They're not actually made by Lenovo. They're just rebranded. Don't expect the quality you'd find in a T or X series ThinkPad.

tylerbourke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerbourke

This thing looks like it was made 10 years ago. Bulky as fuh.

ugrasse2


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
Moueska wrote:"Cash Grab" mode, probably. Not sure that I'm crazy about it.



That mode's been on for months. Haven't you noticed? We went from "One Day, One Deal," to "Every Seven Days, The Same Eight Slightly Discounted Purchases, Unless We Have More, Then It's 15-20. And Check Out The Plusses and Deals."