3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Happy New Year wooters and woot staffers… especially TT!!!

May your new year be full of crap and wonderful new monkeys… mine is off to a great start… remember, buy 3 watches!!!

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Invicta Russian Diver Watch
$69.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Happy New Year

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Do people still wear watches?

Signature censored by Woot

bnceo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnceo

Waited for a watch? Man, w00t has fell off. No Bastian of Crickets in many moons. Not even special holiday ones. When do we loyal users say enough is enough? The soul is gone =\

todaresq

bnceo wrote:Waited for a watch? Man, w00t has fell off. No Bastian of Crickets in many moons. Not even special holiday ones. When do we loyal users say enough is enough? The soul is gone =\

New Years was not a crappy day...

woncoolone

quality posts: 782 Private Messages woncoolone

Just what I need for the Bering Sea! Happy New Year all!

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Please be warned everyone, these watches are almost as big as their artificially inflated MSRP's.

...Did I just buy that?

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

A holiday, already? Guess it's time for the flowchart:

soundxli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli

Time for bed. Happy New Year. Nite nite.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

The Fiscal Cliff sequestration claims its first victim-the Block Of Cheese.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Borkoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Borkoman

These watches are like wearing a clock on your wrist. A big, ugly, heavy, clock.

So, no Christmas or New Years Bustier of Corn-nuts?

/gquit

ThunderThighs

Staff

todaresq wrote:Happy New Year wooters and woot staffers… especially TT!!!

May your new year be full of crap and wonderful new monkeys… mine is off to a great start… remember, buy 3 watches!!!

Awwww, thank you! Happy New Year to you too. May 2013 bless you in many ways.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
bnceo wrote:Waited for a watch? Man, w00t has fell off. No Bastian of Crickets in many moons. Not even special holiday ones. When do we loyal users say enough is enough? The soul is gone =\

New years has always been random calendars day.... now I have to go select one.. may take me several months to decide what to get... easier to just buy 3 and see what I get....

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mnbigguy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mnbigguy

Happy New Year Woot, Wooters, and my good friend Thunder Thighs! May 2013 bring you all kinds of cheap laptops, vacuum cleaners, and non-mac compatible electronics.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

New years has always been random calendars day.... now I have to go select one.. may take me several months to decide what to get... easier to jest buy 3 and see what I get....

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Why is there a chain on the watch dial?

that was fun while it lasted!

mystery250

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mystery250

It is pretty large on the wrist, too large to look decent on my slim wrist.

Did anyone else use Google translate to make sure that the message actually said "Hey, how much would you give me for this sweet watch?" in Russian and not "Here's the location for the secret Bunch of Cheer".

I know I did.

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas

Sorry for ignorance.. what is the chain for? I don't see a function that would require such hardware, but I'm not a diver, nor Russian...Any light to be shed?

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

[MOD: Removed quoted post for wrong product.]

This is the one on Woot:
http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Russian-Diver-Collection-Black/dp/B000R7NYU4/

mjsheldon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjsheldon
Xexus wrote:Do people still wear watches?

Yeah, they do. I stopped wearing watches for a few years, until I twigged to the fact that it's much easier and faster to tilt my wrist than it is to dig my phone out of my pocket and turn it on. And it's the only practical way to check the time when riding my motorcycle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mnbigguy wrote:Happy New Year Woot, Wooters, and my good friend Thunder Thighs! May 2013 bring you all kinds of cheap laptops, vacuum cleaners, and non-mac compatible electronics.

Thank you! Happy 2013 to you too, mnbigguy! I think we can find a few of those things for 2013.

FORUM MODERATOR

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo
criticalmaas wrote:Sorry for ignorance.. what is the chain for? I don't see a function that would require such hardware, but I'm not a diver, nor Russian...Any light to be shed?

The chain keeps the dial cap on so you don't lose that piece. The dial is under a screw down cover so when you set the time you twist the cap off and the chain holds the cap until you screw it back on.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
criticalmaas wrote:Sorry for ignorance.. what is the chain for? I don't see a function that would require such hardware, but I'm not a diver, nor Russian...Any light to be shed?

Just guessing, but that's gotta be a cap. To keep water out of the works. Chain so you don't lose it.

mjsheldon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjsheldon

Russian diving watches have a protective cap that screws on over the winding stem to seal it. The chain keeps the cap from dropping and getting lost.

nameless1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nameless1

I'm disappointed in the watch. The only cyrillic characters are CCCP and the3 to the left it, which is "48 A" as near as I can tell. If you're going to call a watch "Russian" you should at least have cyrillic numbers and letters. While I'm complaining, let me also point out the CCCP is for the defunct Soviet Union and not Russian, which was just a part the Soviet Union and is now an independent state.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

Well made and high quality. It was very impressive when I first opened the box.

However, this is not a watch you could wear on a daily basis. It's one you can keep put up then occasionally wear it to dinner or a night out.

Why? Because this is the least comfortable watch I've ever worn in my life due to the dial. It sticks out half an inch or so and drives itself into the top of your hand any time you move to the point that it can bruise your hand.

Looks great but feels painful when you wear it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

nameless1 wrote:I'm disappointed in the watch. The only cyrillic characters are CCCP and the3 to the left it, which is "48 A" as near as I can tell. If you're going to call a watch "Russian" you should at least have cyrillic numbers and letters. While I'm complaining, let me also point out the CCCP is for the defunct Soviet Union and not Russian, which was just a part the Soviet Union and is now an independent state.

No, Russian watch is disappointed in you!

FORUM MODERATOR

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas

thanks for the knowledge! I go forth into the new year already a bit less ignorant Cheers to all!!

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

I was hoping for a Woot-themed calendar, I'm a little disappointed to be sure.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

Impulse buy. :/ I don't need a watch. Oh well. Now I have one xD

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (happy new year!)

hehthuryo wrote:Well made and high quality. It was very impressive when I first opened the box.

However, this is not a watch you could wear on a daily basis. It's one you can keep put up then occasionally wear it to dinner or a night out.

Why? Because this is the least comfortable watch I've ever worn in my life due to the dial. It sticks out half an inch or so and drives itself into the top of your hand any time you move to the point that it can bruise your hand.

that was fun while it lasted!

fiestea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fiestea

Man, that's a nice piece of bling!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:I was hoping for a Woot-themed calendar, I'm a little disappointed to be sure.

No calendars this year. Sorry. Time just zoomed past and it was too late before we realized it.

FORUM MODERATOR

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
hehthuryo wrote:Why? Because this is the least comfortable watch I've ever worn in my life due to the dial. It sticks out half an inch or so and drives itself into the top of your hand any time you move to the point that it can bruise your hand.

I was wondering about the height from the pic. Looks like it would be too easy to bash it into things (walls, door jambs, etc.) I'd also think you could get the chain caught on stuff, which could be painfull.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

jrogel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrogel
nameless1 wrote:I'm disappointed in the watch. The only cyrillic characters are CCCP and the3 to the left it, which is "48 A" as near as I can tell. If you're going to call a watch "Russian" you should at least have cyrillic numbers and letters. While I'm complaining, let me also point out the CCCP is for the defunct Soviet Union and not Russian, which was just a part the Soviet Union and is now an independent state.

the watch was designed from the original version which was made circa 1959. So CCCP was for this purpose...correct. These other stuff you mentioned?...I don't know.

dagast2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dagast2

I got an invicta on here in the past, looks very cool, but its HUGE. I can't even wear it because I feel self conscious about how awkwardly large is it. It sits on my shelf and I occasionally look at it and admire it.

todaresq

ThunderThighs wrote:No calendars this year. Sorry. Time just zoomed past and it was too late before we realized it.

The buyers should mark it on the, ahem, calendar for next year... ;)