tigger2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigger2000

Check out Amazon. I can't wear huge watches for the same reason; the dial adjustment piece digs into the back of my hand but there is a model on Amazon with the adjustment piece on the opposite side of the watch, looks just as good, and the price is comparable. $70.00 is not exactly a steal for this watch. Do a little shopping and you'll see why.

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

This watch is so big and clunky you would wear it a couple of times and then put it away in a drawer somewhere. This is a typical Invicta watch, way too big for me.

izark47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izark47
hehthuryo wrote:Well made and high quality. It was very impressive when I first opened the box.

However, this is not a watch you could wear on a daily basis. It's one you can keep put up then occasionally wear it to dinner or a night out.

Why? Because this is the least comfortable watch I've ever worn in my life due to the dial. It sticks out half an inch or so and drives itself into the top of your hand any time you move to the point that it can bruise your hand.

Looks great but feels painful when you wear it.

I have owned a Russian diver watch and have worn it every day for 2.5 years, I love it. I do have a callus where the stem cover hits my hand but I could never do with out my Invicta. I really like how if i hit something with it the case protects the crystal.

I'm not a fan of silicone bands, so i exchanged mine for a Nato strap and it is perfect.

And there is no better watch for seeing at night.

also a work around is to get a lefty which puts the stem on the other side.

detroiter1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages detroiter1987
cma0651 wrote:Cyrillic numbers? Are you kidding me? Here's the translation
1- водка
2- водка
3- водка
4- водка
5- водка
6- водка
7- пиво
8- водка
9- водка
10- водка
11- водка
12- водка

Apparently, My New Years Eve countdown was in Russian as well, Hi-Oh!

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
radi0j0hn wrote:Country of origin? Probably Chinese, not made in the Russian Republic.

And this is a bad thing? Other than Russian caviar, fur coats, and vodka, what Russian-made things can you buy in the USA? Remember Zenit cameras?

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

Good lord, that dial is humongous and looks miserably uncomfortable unless the bones in your wrist/hand joint are fused so that your hand can't bend backwards.

Does it have metal spikes on the underside to provide a constant commie reminder that you should have spread your wealth instead of spending it on this wrist tormenter?

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1
Borkoman wrote:These watches are like wearing a clock on your wrist. A big, ugly, heavy, clock.

So, no Christmas or New Years Bustier of Corn-nuts?

/gquit

Obviously, you must have an arm like a pipe cleaner. The watch is the perfect size for a MAN and YES, MEN still DO wear watches!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

efxguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efxguy

As a watch collector I can say that this model is clearly for telling the time, and for self defense.

Style points are a bonus.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
Xexus wrote:Do people still wear watches?

In Soviet Russia, watch wears you!

Do people still make Yakov Smirnoff jokes?

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

afyodoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afyodoro

ИМФ ???

No, thanks. I will pass.

"ИМФ" doesn't mean anything in Russian. Anything genuine that is.

This is like COBY vs SONY.

afyodoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afyodoro

Here is something else I Googled

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/real-history-behind-famous-zlatoust-diver-watches-enough-your-lie-mr-invicta-432320.html

lifesgoal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifesgoal

Is that the day of the month or does that number show the feet you are diving ?

cohibajoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cohibajoe

Take this from me who started buying(not anymore) with Invicta in 2006.

1. ShopNBC.com is the Prime outlet of this Brand
2. WatchsGeeks.Net is there Office Info site. You can Learn about what many people go thru with this Brand (Good and Bad). This Brand has gone from Hundreds of Models to over 4 Thousand today.
3. Invicta’s Warranty is about what Toilet paper is about. At one time Invicta was promoting “White Glove” service…In-truth it’s “Rubber Glove” service. Swiss Made watches that takes 8 - 14 weeks to get fixed and then and in many cases come back still Broken.
4. Invicta is the “Henry Ford” of mass production.

The Invicta Russian Diver is a watch the Eyal Lalo’s(CEO Invicta) Grandmother in 1959 was commissioned to make for the Russian Navy. This watch is based on another Manufactures Design(true Russian)..So Invicta DID Brower from the Design of the other Brand (Many do this). As some else said…This watch is NOT a Diver…Just of Name of the Model.

Let’s start the New Year with Facts and not Fiction.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

dragonpern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonpern

I'm a SCUBA diver and have not seen any ANY practical comments on how the large Invicta watches actually work for us divers. Any divers out there that have used these????

JonShaffer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JonShaffer
bpr2 wrote:Why is there a chain on the watch dial?

The chain keeps the crown cover from getting lost when you remove it for setting and winding.

JonShaffer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JonShaffer
dragonpern wrote:I'm a SCUBA diver and have not seen any ANY practical comments on how the large Invicta watches actually work for us divers. Any divers out there that have used these????

If properly sealed these are excellent dive watches. One thing they lack is a timing bezel but they are easy to read under water.

cohibajoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cohibajoe
dragonpern wrote:I'm a SCUBA diver and have not seen any ANY practical comments on how the large Invicta watches actually work for us divers. Any divers out there that have used these????

That's why I use Deep Blue watch’s. Invicta is a Fashion Company..Work tools go elsewhere.

shignami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shignami

Personally I would not use this simply due to the lack of a rotating bezel. Also, the silicone strap is going to wear very quickly due to sun and water exposure if used for diving.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

If you want to drown, this is an excellent watch! There are NO real scuba diving watches at this price-point, close-out or not, plus what would be the point of a diving watch without a rotating bezel?

This is a diving 'style' watch, meant for looks and maybe telling the time.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

Nothing says "I have a cheap copy of a better watch" than Invicta.
We have a guy at work who wears a plethora of gigantic cheesy Invicta watches... like Big Ben with a strap. We call him "Jimmy Big Watch" and he doesn't like it.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
ThunderThighs wrote:No, Russian watch is disappointed in you!

buwhahahaha, you make me laugh.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

gzigoris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gzigoris
nameless1 wrote:I'm disappointed in the watch. The only cyrillic characters are CCCP and the3 to the left it, which is "48 A" as near as I can tell. If you're going to call a watch "Russian" you should at least have cyrillic numbers and letters. While I'm complaining, let me also point out the CCCP is for the defunct Soviet Union and not Russian, which was just a part the Soviet Union and is now an independent state.

Yes that and calling it a dive watch and it is limited to 100 meters. That's a watch that shouldn't go near the water.my Invicta watcha goes down to500 meters, now that is a dive watch.

nb587

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nb587
bpr2 wrote:Why is there a chain on the watch dial?

The chain is on to hold the piece that covers the stem. The piece that covers the stem is necessary to keep water out when diving. I have a similar Invicta with the chain. Would be very easy to lose the piece unless connected by the chain.

jlhatter

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jlhatter

Buyer beware with Invicta. Their ridiculously inflated MSRP's might as well be a gazillion dollars. Makes about as much sense as saying all their watches cost between $500-700. Their bands are cheap and made to break. Then charge you as much as you paid for the watch for a new band. Not a fan of Invicta. Save up your nickels for a little longer and get something nice with a decent warranty and customer service and get a watch that doesn't look like a circus prize. Good lord, could it get any bigger?

defc0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages defc0n

Why does it have CCCP? That means Soviet Union right? Granted my history is a little rusty, but I think that no longer exists.

mrdigby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdigby

Somehow, nothing will ever make me wear any other watch than the one I have used for the past twenty years. My GMT MasterII. Why would that be? Probably because this watch is so good, the maker has never changed the design. And the maker is: ______

mrdigby

defc0n wrote:Why does it have CCCP? That means Soviet Union right? Granted my history is a little rusty, but I think that no longer exists.

It's a fake Russian watch. Russian watches were supposedly desirable about twentyfive years ago when they were actually surplus military watches from Russia.

mrdigby

skrutinizr wrote:Nothing says "I have a cheap copy of a better watch" than Invicta.
We have a guy at work who wears a plethora of gigantic cheesy Invicta watches... like Big Ben with a strap. We call him "Jimmy Big Watch" and he doesn't like it.

I have the same guy working in my company. I teased him about his huge ugly watch one day, and he said, "Well, obviously, you don't know anything about watches..". Then I rolled back my sleeve.. He asked is that a "Presidental" (sic)? It was my GMT MasterII. I said R***x doesn't make anything called a "Presidential". He shut up after that.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
gzigoris wrote:Yes that and calling it a dive watch and it is limited to 100 meters. That's a watch that shouldn't go near the water.my Invicta watcha goes down to500 meters, now that is a dive watch.

I'm guessing you are not a diver. Spending a lot of time at 1600 feet, are ya?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
mrdigby wrote:I have the same guy working in my company. I teased him about his huge ugly watch one day, and he said, "Well, obviously, you don't know anything about watches..". Then I rolled back my sleeve.. He asked is that a "Presidental" (sic)? It was my GMT MasterII. I said R***x doesn't make anything called a "Presidential". He shut up after that.

Wow,I don't think I've ever been more impressed with a Woot comment than this one and your other post about your R***x watch! So you made fun of his watch so you could nail him with your R***x,sounds to me like it was well worth your investment.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chuckf1 wrote:First of all, Happy New Year to my fellow Wooters and in particular TT for putting up with all our whining.

Awww, I'm used to it.

Happy New Year to you too, chuck!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

charliecarroll wrote:Hope 2013 will be full of happiness and very special times for you!

Thank you, Charlie. Best wishes in the new year for you and yours!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Hey welcome back TT! You must have ducked out about 1 A.M. (and I'm not proud I noticed that)

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ThunderThighs

Staff

bkarlan wrote:buwhahahaha, you make me laugh.

Finally, someone noticed! Thank you!

ThunderThighs

Staff

miken927 wrote:Hey welcome back TT! You must have ducked out about 1 A.M. (and I'm not proud I noticed that)

I DID! Technically this is a holiday but I don't feel like catching up on 36 hours worth of posts later tonight.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

Sorry, but theres no way Im Russian out for this deal (well, got to start 2013 out in true woot comment style)!

I would have liked a calendar maybe, but I havent worn a watch for maybe 5 or even 10 years.

HNY to one and all!

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

Not buying anything from a company that lies about it's retail prices. Invicta claims their watches are discounted hundreds. They aren't.

Big Luni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Big Luni

If you're looking for a real and practical Russian mechanical diver, google "Vostok Amphibian." They're available from several sources.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
roadhunter wrote:Not buying anything from a company that lies about it's retail prices. Invicta claims their watches are discounted hundreds. They aren't.

It's *Woot* that is claiming that these are being sold at a discount and you would be buying from *them*, not Invicta. I guess you pay MSRP for cars.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
madjoe wrote:How can a dive watch not have a second hand?

Precise time matters when you're trying to avoid decompression diving.

This is a "dive watch" only in terms of style, not function.