buzzing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzing

Will this fit on a woman's wrist?

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob

>>Will this fit on a woman's wrist?

Rest assured, it will be just as ugly for both men and woman.

I realize that ugliness is subjective and some people might find this watch attractive. Those people would be wrong, but that is their right.

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

has anyone ever paid full price for Invicta?

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
meanjoeira wrote:has anyone ever paid full price for Invicta?

I believe one person did; he is now confined to an institution for the criminally insane.

hexler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hexler
m8kmida wrote:I wonder if it would be more comfortable worn on your right wrist to avoid the stem hitting your hand?

I tried that myself and it ended up hurting my arm instead of my hand.

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1

Searching around this is pretty much an average price for these watches. Seems the whole world has them for $69.

Wudooeyeno?

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

I dive so this watch catches my eye, but speaking of things catching.. that chain could be dangerous.
So there's a screw adjustment thing, with a cap to protect it with a chain to protect that, what protects the chain? I need a little sleeve for the chain, but then of course, I'm going to need a little lanyard to keep the sleeve from being lost... and a nice sock for the lanyard would be ideal.

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
StanleyS wrote:And this is a bad thing? Other than Russian caviar, fur coats, and vodka, what Russian-made things can you buy in the USA? Remember Zenit cameras?

It's just nice to know where the item is made that yo are paying for. A Chinese watch with a (perhaps) Swiss quartz movement sold as "Russian" and with a bogus CCCP as decoration? No thanks.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante

Woot 'beta'...what is up with that?

Are we going back to the original Woot?

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
radi0j0hn wrote:It's just nice to know where the item is made that yo are paying for. A Chinese watch with a (perhaps) Swiss quartz movement sold as "Russian" and with a bogus CCCP as decoration? No thanks.

"Russian" is merely a marketing term. When I buy "Swiss" cheese I really don't expect it to be imported from Switzerland given the price it is being sold for; the package of "Swiss" cheese I have right now states "product of USA". Oh, and most of the stuff Woot sells is probably made in China. Woot never lists that fact in the specs.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
StanleyS wrote:"Russian" is merely a marketing term. When I buy "Swiss" cheese I really don't expect it to be imported from Switzerland given the price it is being sold for; the package of "Swiss" cheese I have right now states "product of USA". Oh, and most of the stuff Woot sells is probably made in China. Woot never lists that fact in the specs.

OK, so that's it. Russian is a style. And there is this nutty market for Russian film cameras...Lomography.

I was (perhaps) the first and only American to mail order a Russian camera from Moscow during a chilly part of the Cold War. Got a Leningrad 4 light meter as well. Wrote it all up in the old Modern Photography magazine in an articles called (gulp) "From Russia With lens."

I still have a few Zenits and Zorkis, but seldom use them.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 44 Private Messages dernst_ca1
ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooooh, good. However, you just reminded me to put a reminder on my calendar to remind the appropriate people to get started on the calendar.

How can you put it on a calendar if there aren't any? 8-)

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

kchungsp3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kchungsp3

Not a bad watch...

mjcole2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjcole2003
criticalmaas wrote:Sorry for ignorance.. what is the chain for? I don't see a function that would require such hardware, but I'm not a diver, nor Russian...Any light to be shed?

Did some research after i purchased watch...apparently it's supposed to be a reproduction of a 1950's model of watch. the chain is attached to the cap that comes off in order to water proof it...

sixdolla

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sixdolla

If you like oversized watches these are pretty sweet but the cheap looking rubber wrist band and that ridiculously oversized knob with the chain is a huge deal breaker for me. So ditch the band and break the knob off and you're good to go. Just live in a state without daylight savings. I have a Nixon 51-30 which is pretty giant but without the giagantic knob and cheap band. It ran me about $550 though.

Also most big watch relocate the knob to the other side of the face to keep,it from digging into the back of your hand. Like the Nixon has. I'm surprised Invicta hasn't done this yet. It's not like it's a cheap piece of crap Michael Kors watch.

dzlotnik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dzlotnik
mystery250 wrote:Did anyone else use Google translate to make sure that the message actually said "Hey, how much would you give me for this sweet watch?" in Russian and not "Here's the location for the secret Bunch of Cheer".

I know I did.

It doesn't, by the way. It may think it does, but is in actuality a poor machine translation. Of course, if you're using a machine translator to check it... :-)

dynadom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dynadom

why sell a Russian watch to Americans and on new years day

makatzpp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makatzpp
madjoe wrote:How can a dive watch not have a second hand?

Precise time matters when you're trying to avoid decompression diving.

The second hand isn't as important as a rotating bezel which this doesn't have. If you research the watch, you'll find that this is a general contemporary recreation of the original, not the original itself. It's also water resistant to 100m, not waterproof, which a divers watch would need to be.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
ThunderThighs wrote:No calendars this year. Sorry. Time just zoomed past and it was too late before we realized it.

Yeah, it's really hard to anticipate those new years. They keep sneaking up on you.

dajones60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dajones60
ThunderThighs wrote:No calendars this year. Sorry. Time just zoomed past and it was too late before we realized it.

That would be the new Myan calendar, right??

David A Jones

abuglife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuglife

Ops,I'm late. It was sold out already. Is it the same with this one on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Russian-Diver-Collection-Black/dp/B000R7K3MQ