WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Etón Sound

Wouldn't it be great if you could hear what was on the radio without having to drive to the radio station and stand in the DJ booth? If there were some kind of radio broadcast that you could receive with some crazy piece of futurist technology like those featured at a massive discount directly below this paragraph? Waitasec...
Eton official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

There's a couple good items here for your bug out bag. Which would you recommend?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

If you get 2 of them they can also be an emergency waffle iron!

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

I have several of the blackout buddies from a previous sale. When I tested them they stayed lit for well over 2 hours after I unplugged them.

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

Bought a bunch of the Blackout Buddies and they made great stocking stuffers. The one we have in the house is plugged into an outlet on the stairs and I don't even notice it there now. The flashlight is nice and bright and so is the downwards facing nightlight, though the Auto function triggers the downwards facing light to come on even if the unit is in a well lit room.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ThunderThighs wrote:There's a couple good items here for your bug out bag. Which would you recommend?

What the heck is a bug out bag?!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

Like others have mentioned, the Blackout Buddies are well worth the investment. I loaded up last time they were on here and haven't regretted it. It is true that the auto function doesn't work exactly as described but rather more as a nightlight. I use it in the hallway for late night meanderings. The emergency function has already come in handy as has just having a ready at-hand flashlight. Already stocked up again this go round.

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

Is the plug on the blackout buddy polarized (one side wider than the other) or can it be plugged in either way?

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007
miken927 wrote:What the heck is a bug out bag?!

The Google is your friend.

When it isn't spying on you to the NSA.....

stebrad

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stebrad
mick66 wrote:Is the plug on the blackout buddy polarized (one side wider than the other) or can it be plugged in either way?

No, you can plug it in either way.

twiswall

quality posts: 4 Private Messages twiswall

Blackout Buddy LED light - we have bought 6 of these and they work great. I highly recommend at the price. We used them as stocking stuffers as well as around our own home.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
ThunderThighs wrote:There's a couple good items here for your bug out bag. Which would you recommend?

That black, silver, and red thing that lures us in?

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

I just bought 3 of the Rover Radios at 54% off at Radio Shack and sent 2 to my kids (1 in CA and 1 in DE). The Rovers have AM/FM radio, 7 Weather bands, 3-LED flashlight, 2 USB ports (Std. and Mini), a handcrank, and a headphone jack.
Here are the specs: http://www.etoncorp.com/upload/contents/307/ARC_Rover_021711.pdf

I might get at least one more for the RV.

MisterRon

cop704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cop704

So where is this emergency radio you are showing in the picture? The one with the crank handle?

Outfitting and Training Prospectors and Treasure Hunters around the world since 1992 - Doc

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cop704 wrote:So where is this emergency radio you are showing in the picture? The one with the crank handle?

Unfortunately, the banners are done in advance of the sale and sometimes items get dropped from the sale. The waffle radio seems to be a casualty.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ww33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ww33

What The Hay???? I guess the first two are binoculars for your ears. lol Auranoculars?

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

For those who already have the Blackout Buddy, can you disable the nightlight and still have them auto-on in case of a power failure? I read the "manual" and it seems like it's saying you have to shut the auto-on to off in order to 86 the nightlight. Which kind of defeats the purpose as far as I can see...

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess
cosmicpea wrote:For those who already have the Blackout Buddy, can you disable the nightlight and still have them auto-on in case of a power failure? I read the "manual" and it seems like it's saying you have to shut the auto-on to off in order to 86 the nightlight. Which kind of defeats the purpose as far as I can see...

Nah there's a switch on the side for the nightlight.

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea
xercess wrote:Nah there's a switch on the side for the nightlight.

In that case, in for two. Thanks!

Mylittledarlings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mylittledarlings

I picked up a Rukus during a woot-off. I gave it to DH for Christmas although it is more of a present to me. LOVE it! The sound is great - it really fills the room and doesn't sound tin-y or fuzzy. Loved being able to stream Pandora's various Christmas offerings from nice sounding speakers rather than a bowl.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

The Blackout Buddy is great. Excellent design, function and performance. Got a couple last time they were offered, and we love 'em. At this price, I think I'll pick up a few more for friends and family.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

What type of battery is it in the blackout buddy.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
mybestuser1 wrote:What type of battery is it in the blackout buddy.

I don't own one presently. But based on a mod/disassemble, looks like a NiMH 3.6v 80maH, sometimes seen plugged into some PCBs. This one seems hardwired/soldered in. Not what probably you or I were thinking it used.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Audible-AC-power-off-alarm/step3/Disassemble-the-Blackout-Buddy-remove-the-circui/