farcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farcow

9 containers and 9 lids makes it 18pcs but only 9 containers.

sanchezaps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sanchezaps

"Walmart has the 24 piece bake and store set for $19.97."

No they do not; it sold out and has been sold out for quite some time.

I just checked again because I saw them at my local store Wednesday. Some of the stores around here (Houston) are sold out and a some are not. Online they are sold out.

ecto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecto

My wife loves these containers. Great deal!

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
ChristopherE wrote:The lids do not stay on! Terrible. Made some soup, closed it with painters tape. Took the tape off, ate too much soup because I had no more tape.

I have been using these exact ones for years and I always make soup to store in them. I NEVER had one with a lid that would not stay on. But I do not overfill them either.

mcsutton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcsutton

My sister has a new baby and is super cautious about commercial/ environmental hazards; she threw out all her plastic containers and replaced them with this same set. They are awesome, I'm getting a set and one for her.

Holysin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Holysin
edmcguirk wrote:
A glass lid would be a better choice for preventing spatter inside your microwave.

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-65004-11-Inch-Microwave/dp/B00004W4UQ or any of the million of other microwave covers (from like $3 at local box stores) that sit on top of plates is your friend. Seriously, don't use the storage cover for the microwave. They (pyrex) do have lids designed to stay on the containers in the microwave, they're vented.

Or do the low tech option of putting a paper towel on top.

swolcheski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swolcheski

I find the lids don't stay on these very well. I am much happier with the lock and lock glass containers I bought from woot, which show up frequently.

aquastardreamer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aquastardreamer

I bought the 12? piece set on woot ...

Suggestion for "nesting" ... If you store them upside down ... they nest just fine :-)

resalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resalter

Well, I'm taking a chance on these soda-lime glass containers. I would prefer borosilicate glass, but, after looking around, the price on these is worth at least trying them out. In for three, in case some end up broken in transit. Haven't had any issues with anything shipped from woot yet, but some comments indicate it may be more likely for these pyrex storage containers. And if they all come perfect, then I'll have some backups!

pwdrskir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwdrskir
mikem709 wrote:World Kitchen refuted that, http://www.pyrexware.com/index.asp?pageId=30 and claim that since the 1940's, all Pyrex cookware has been made with soda-lime glass, and the borosilicate was used from the founding of Corning in 1915 until the 1940's.

Also, Stats.org also found soda-lime to be relatively safer for everyday use since let's face it, more people will drop one of these than they will place it on a surface they aren't supposed to and cause thermal shock. http://stats.org/stories/2009/exploding_pyrex_oct14_09.html

Bottom line: Borosilicate glass (original Pyrex) was made for cooking temperature changes. Boron changes the atomic structure of glass so it stays roughly the same size regardless of its temperature. Little thermal expansion means little stress. Thus borosilicate glass withstands heat.

Soda-lime glass (current Pyrex) has a higher mechanical strength than borosilicate — making it more resistant to breakage when dropped. It is not as heat resistant, leading to an increase in breakage from heat stress.

Wikipedia reference:
“Pyrex glass cookware manufactured by World Kitchen is made of tempered soda-lime glass instead of borosilicate.[12] World Kitchen justified this change by stating that soda-lime glass was cheaper to produce, is the most common form of glass used in bakeware in the US, and that it also had higher mechanical strength than borosilicate—making it more resistant to breakage when dropped, which it believed to be the most common cause of breakage in glass bakeware. Unlike borosilicate, it is not as heat resistant, leading to an increase in breakage from heat stress.”[5][13][14]

5. "Manufacturing History". Pyrex Products. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
12. Aikins, Jim. "Setting the Record Straight: The Truth About PYREX". Pyrex Products. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
13. Exploding the "exploding pyrex" myth, stats.com
14. Consumer Reports Breaks A Lot Of Glass Investigating Shattering Pyrex Bakeware, The Consumerist

cambelina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cambelina

Received mine today. Were NOT blue lids. Multiple colors- only 2 were blue.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cambelina wrote:Received mine today. Were NOT blue lids. Multiple colors- only 2 were blue.

hmm. sorry about that.
if you feel like you need to return them, please email Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Jophiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jophiel
cambelina wrote:Received mine today. Were NOT blue lids. Multiple colors- only 2 were blue.

I also received the rainbow color set. The product specs, staff forum post and the packing slip all say they should be blue lids.

I emailed support, but any idea on whether or not you all can do better than just return these? I ordered a set before and loved it, so I just wanted to get more of the same. I'm hoping support can track down some blue lids.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

I also recieved the multi colored lid set, but I like this set better. Makes it easier to discern what lid goes with what size.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mreynolds179 wrote:I also recieved the multi colored lid set, but I like this set better. Makes it easier to discern what lid goes with what size.

Happiness!

Yeah, I'm sorry if anyone felt I was giving wrong info out - it was what we was told at the time and may have changed at some point after that.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mechanicsc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mechanicsc

Them's some bright multicolor lids there...

No problem though, when the light in the fridge is out, they will all look the same.

hunter306

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hunter306

Also ended up with multi-color lids. What's up with that? We had a set to match... Looks like inkykatz confirmed they were blue a page ago. Apparently those ran dry?

Not worth sending back for the extra shipping costs. =/

Golfmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Golfmom

I received mine today and I love them. I also think this was the fastest Woot I've ever received. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Thanks Woot!

And what's up with all the whining about the lid color? Really? Is your kitchen decorated around Pyrex lid colors?

Geez

hunter306

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hunter306
Golfmom wrote:I received mine today and I love them. I also think this was the fastest Woot I've ever received. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Thanks Woot!

And what's up with all the whining about the lid color? Really? Is your kitchen decorated around Pyrex lid colors?

Geez

We trimmed our kitchen to match the pyrex. Obviously. ಠ_ಠ

rdyertx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdyertx
inkycatz wrote:Update for those with lid concern: Lids should all be blue as shown.

My lids are multiple colors, green, orange, blue and red. Not happy, wanted all blue as advertised.

Rylyshar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rylyshar

As those above have stated - I wanted all blue lids, as advertised, but got the rainbow lids. (Yes, I prefer some colors over others for my kitchen items. It appeases my OCD sensibilities). Not happy with this Woot

slylynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slylynn

I also got rainbow lids, though I don't mind. I already had some random colored ones from buying smaller sets at a local store. Sometimes it's fun to choose the lid cover for what's in the bowl(I now have red, orange, and blue lids in the 2 cup size). I also thought I'd mention that I've never had a problem with new lids fitting old bowls or vise verse. In some terribly unscientific testing (I tried one brand new lid on an old bowl, 4 cup size) this still seems to hold true.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00

My 2 sets arrived last night, fastest woot ever.
These, as already mentioned, have multi-colored lids (color varies by bowl size)
The lids are made of a cheaper material than other Pyrex items I own. It's noticeably thinner and less rubbery than my other lids compared side by side. I would strongly recommend hand wash on the lids and I won't be surprised when these start to warp, crack or otherwise fail.
The same set was taken down from the Amazon site due to "complaints" about the quality, so no shocker they ended up on Woot.

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

Skitals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skitals

Also got the rainbow Pyrex. Meh.

Skitals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skitals
cleaner00 wrote:My 2 sets arrived last night, fastest woot ever.
These, as already mentioned, have multi-colored lids (color varies by bowl size)
The lids are made of a cheaper material than other Pyrex items I own. It's noticeably thinner and less rubbery than my other lids compared side by side. I would strongly recommend hand wash on the lids and I won't be surprised when these start to warp, crack or otherwise fail.
The same set was taken down from the Amazon site due to "complaints" about the quality, so no shocker they ended up on Woot.

Lids seems the same as my 3-yr old set. They have held up just fine in the microwave and top shelf of the dishwasher. Only one has melted, and that's from resting a red hot spatula on it.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Greetings!

As noted, we're seeing multi-colored lids appear where they're supposed to be blue. The background on this is, there was some mis-communication on a purchase order. (It says blue, I swear!)

However, that probably doesn't matter to you. The important thing is, if you desire blue lids, please reach out to the fine folks at World Kitchen for assistance. Their number is 1-800-999-3436.

If you need any further assistance, please contact support@woot.com.

(TL;DR: If you want, and did not receive, blue lids, call 1-800-999-3436.)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00
Skitals wrote:Lids seems the same as my 3-yr old set. They have held up just fine in the microwave and top shelf of the dishwasher. Only one has melted, and that's from resting a red hot spatula on it.

That's good to know! Thank you

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

resalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resalter

Not really worth the extra shipping costs to get the all blue lids and/or ship back the multicolored ones (or, really, the hassle of it all), IMHO.

The first set is the only one I've opened so far since it was the fastest woot purchase I have ever received, and I can't do much with anything until the weekends. Will open up the rest tomorrow, multi-colored lids and all. Other than the lid colors, everything looks good with the first set, and the multi-colored lids fit just fine.

Would have been nice had woot sent out an email, though (my apologies if it was sent to my spam folder if woot did). But I'm assuming that most people don't care one way or the other, and if they did they would contact woot regardless of whether woot sent out an email.

Gatzby wrote:Greetings!

As noted, we're seeing multi-colored lids appear where they're supposed to be blue. The background on this is, there was some mis-communication on a purchase order. (It says blue, I swear!)

However, that probably doesn't matter to you. The important thing is, if you desire blue lids, please reach out to the fine folks at World Kitchen for assistance. Their number is 1-800-999-3436.

(TL;DR: If you want, and did not receive, blue lids, call 1-800-999-3436.)

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Has anyone actually called to get their lid color switched? I would like all blue lids but not if I have pay to ship the colored ones back.

djs2843

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djs2843

I don't think they are blue. I didn't receive one blue lid at all, they are multi colored and I bought two sets just because they were blue.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
djs2843 wrote:I don't think they are blue. I didn't receive one blue lid at all, they are multi colored and I bought two sets just because they were blue.

If you desire blue lids, please reach out to the fine folks at World Kitchen for assistance. Their number is 1-800-999-3436.

I'm just hanging out, really.