ravynwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravynwolf

Scotch Coffee... Which is inevitably Scotch minus the coffee!

missamethyst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missamethyst

Grande Sugar-Free Vanilla Soy Latte

diveborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diveborg
BlackCreekBearTRP1 wrote:Coffee...!!!
I hate the taste and the aroma of that swill

Exactly

MikePhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikePhoto

My favorite at the coffee shops is what I call a "Hammerhead"... I ask for the biggest black coffee (French or Italian roast, if available) they have and have them add a double shot of espresso to it. That'll get your heart started in the morning!

At home I just brew a pot of Costco's French Roast and make it nice and strong. Since my sister in law gave me that huge cappuccino mug I only drink 3 cups a day now (I don't care of the pot says '12' - it's 3!). Sometimes use a French Press. Trader Joe's Italian roast is excellent - very black, but not as much acid as most French roasts.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Benjamin Franklin

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

Kona coffee by drip, mellow and rich, something about that Hawaiian volcanic soil that makes the best stuff on earth. Only coffee I can drink without milk or sugar.

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Yet another coffee hater here. You guys can have it all. Even flavored it still tastes horrible to me (and yes, I have tried it with chocolate). Blegh!

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Le Presse

duncansil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duncansil

Tea - it's the new coffee

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

I'm in the coffee hating crowd. I get my caffeine from either tea or coke.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 93 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Joe.

I don't know.

retmileo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retmileo

Maxwell House instant.

jatnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatnj

No coffee. Tea or hot chocolate.

DrSeussFreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrSeussFreak

Tea

62 Woots, 20 Shirt Woots, 14 Wine Woots, 0 Kid Woots, 2 Sellouts & Counting
  • 5 x 3 Bags of Cocaine
  • 7 Screaming Monkeys, 1 Green, 1 Blue

rrizzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrizzo
pooflady wrote:A percolator.

Also my preferred, however I usually go with drip since it's much faster.

cedriat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cedriat

French press

drift7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drift7
mrsly69 wrote:YOU don't know coffee. One of the worst brands. I have had worse, but it gets ranked near the bottom in every poll. Good roasted coffee can only be purchased at a local farmers market or coffee house. Once you buy fresh roasted coffee, AND DONE RIGHT, you will never buy coffee at a supermarket again. Price is a bit higher, but I have a local coffee house that brews weekly and it sells for $10 -$30 per pound. Based on bean and market.

PS: Dunkin Donuts is CRAP folks. It is those bean lovers in the Northeast that think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Another name brand that is barely better than FOLGERS. A great supermarket brand are Tully's and Peet's. Starbucks to me is the baseline. If on sale for $7 a 12 ounce bag, BUY IT. But Folgers, Dunkin Donuts, Chock full of nuts,are CRAP! Maybe on sale for $3 a bag and you need lots of cream to cover its burned taste. YUCK!

Yes!!!! Thank you for being one of the few that like true coffee.
Please people, by no means does month or many month old roasted coffee pre-ground compare to fresh roasted coffee. Keurieeeg, come on, you have to do better. Convenience they have, but if you like convenience over taste than McDonalds has coffee.

Support the local coffee shops, there are plenty out there that make good coffee. They will have more expensive beans. But if they care about what they do, they will never be more then a few weeks roasted.

quicksilver74

quality posts: 2 Private Messages quicksilver74

I prefer the "Poor (Wo)Man's Mocha".

l use my bodum tea kettle to boil water, then add:

1 packet of Starbucks Italian Roast VIA (Extra Bold) coffee
1 packet sugar-free hot cocoa mix
2 Mini Moo half-n-half creamers
1 packet of truvia

I use a 20 ounce thermos from Starbucks, which l bought over the holidays (the hammered gold one; it keeps my drinks hot for 12+ hours!).

For a Peppermint Mocha, I add less than an eigth of a teaspoon of Peppermint Oil, which you can buy at the grocery store for <$2 a bottle.

Enjoy!

quicksilver74

quality posts: 2 Private Messages quicksilver74

Also, for tea drinkers, Harney & Sons (harney.com) has been my go to place for insane, mind-blowing tea for 2 years now. Incredible tea across all types, from specialty international teas to the most delicate Jasmine Green Teas to really unique blends and organic teas. They also have tea implements and gifts.

As much as l love coffee, I've also grown to enjoy and appreciate tea.

mormonbassboxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mormonbassboxer

well as you can guess by the username, im mormon... sooooo hot chocolate? thats the closest i got

equinewiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equinewiz

I hate coffee so I picked espresso. When I need that quick caffeine boost, its a small amount that I can finish in one gulp and quickly clean out with another taste

garretttv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretttv

French Press = Bomb-diggity

silveroracle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silveroracle

Crappuchino?

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

Starbucks tastes like they roasted it with a blowtorch. Thus the nickname "Charbucks". We know coffee here in the Pacific Northwest and Starbucks (Fivebucks) is horrible.

mrsly69 wrote:YOU don't know coffee. One of the worst brands. I have had worse, but it gets ranked near the bottom in every poll. Good roasted coffee can only be purchased at a local farmers market or coffee house. Once you buy fresh roasted coffee, AND DONE RIGHT, you will never buy coffee at a supermarket again. Price is a bit higher, but I have a local coffee house that brews weekly and it sells for $10 -$30 per pound. Based on bean and market.

PS: Dunkin Donuts is CRAP folks. It is those bean lovers in the Northeast that think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Another name brand that is barely better than FOLGERS. A great supermarket brand are Tully's and Peet's. Starbucks to me is the baseline. If on sale for $7 a 12 ounce bag, BUY IT. But Folgers, Dunkin Donuts, Chock full of nuts,are CRAP! Maybe on sale for $3 a bag and you need lots of cream to cover its burned taste. YUCK!

jefflarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefflarkin

Espresso Macchiato. It's just enough foam to cut a little bite off the espresso without losing the flavor. If I can't get that, than a Chemex or pour over of some sort.

Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd

Black tea - hot with cream or cold with lemon....NO sugar. And then, if you are really really lucky, you take those 3-5 sips where the temp, flavor, and feel is perfection.....tea nirvana!

felixtkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixtkat

3 shots Espresso
1 Cappuccino
1 Mocha
all in one Big Cup
I call it a CRACKA-CCINO
It will wake ya up or kill ya

felixtkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixtkat

Dang Double Post

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

French Press, at home. Ordered, just plain black.

jerrryy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrryy

Electric Percolator-Folgers coffee-half-n-half cream.

miamama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miamama

AEROPRESS!

ayemossum

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ayemossum

Latte. And by latte, I don't mean that weak dilute hot milk with a splash of coffee for flavor carp they sell at that mermaid place. I'm talking a 3:1 latte with real strong dark espresso. By the mermaid place's sizes, a "large" should have 5 ounces of espresso in it. But they put 2. And that, my friends, is an abomination.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
lonelypond wrote:Revelation. And add me to the people waiting for the tea poll.

Second that!

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

kjrmcclain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjrmcclain

French press, vacuum pot, or the Aeropress for a quick shot. Sometimes the "where" is as important as the "what"...I will take my coffee in Florence however it is made.

twentyfive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twentyfive

Just give me a cup of good old fashion Black coffee made with a percolator. Thanks the best!

alkaloid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alkaloid

Whole bean Mystic Monk Coffee (Pumpkin Spice and Jingle Bell Java)!

https://www.mysticmonkcoffee.com/store/all-coffees2-c6.php

pmaahs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmaahs
retmileo wrote:Maxwell House instant.

Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!!! is that really coffee?

soundexcess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soundexcess

Blackwidow
6 double shots of espresso topped with 8 oz coffee served black.

Komoroski123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Komoroski123

Coffee is defined as water at 212 or close to it, steeped over the grounds.

The rest of that junque is foo-foo coffee wanna be's. Want candy, eat candy, want a cream shake, eat a cream shake. Keep that garbage out of my coffee.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I have a La Pavoni lever action machine that I use on weekends or when I have time for it. In the morning I depend on my Capresso pump machine to get me a decent shot fast.

When I run out of ground espresso (can't seem to grind it right for the Capresso for some odd reason) I do use a SMALL French press or a moka pot, or a simple filter cone or Aeropress.

I also have a rare Beko Turkish coffee maker with 110V (most are 220v) for times when I want something exotic.

Since I don't smoke a pipe (not for years), this seems to make up for the blending of tobacco and pipes that took away too much cash over the years (and preserved my voice, which I use to make money!) I still hanker for a tin of bell's Three Nuns tobacco from Scotland.

We have hard well water, so drip makers conk out pretty quickly.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Mishvmd wrote:Black tea - hot with cream or cold with lemon....NO sugar. And then, if you are really really lucky, you take those 3-5 sips where the temp, flavor, and feel is perfection.....tea nirvana!

I do like Red Rose Tea, even though I have tried fancier ones.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.