cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
jonlevin wrote:Why would Woot sell a watch named after the I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant's weapon that killed thousands of brave Americans? Disgusting!!

Mods need to start deleting unrelated *Applejackic* comments like these. If you don't want to buy the watch them keep your mouth shut.

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1
cmacclel wrote:Mods need to start deleting unrelated *Applejackic* comments like these. If you don't want to buy the watch them keep your mouth shut.

Whoa, speaking of the Third Reich! Someone needs to relax and realize this has always been a light-hearted site, and nothing (including the comments, like mine previously) should be taken too seriously.

By the way, thanks Woot for offering these higher-end watches recently for us watch freaks, i'm personally waiting for another Breitling sale (Hint hint....)

...Did I just buy that?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
cmacclel wrote:Mods need to start deleting unrelated *Applejackic* comments like these. If you don't want to buy the watch them keep your mouth shut.

I had previously formed several comments addressing criticism of U-Boats. In the end, I abandoned them all realizing I was being manipulated into addressing a malicious trap. The best thing to do is to say nothing at all; like a fire, some things are best fought by fuel-starvation.

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool
vainpire wrote:"Costume Jewelry" !!! r u serious...I own several U Boat watches along with Rolex,Tag Heuer,Montblanc and many other high end watches...these are solid,well made watches in the "canteen" style...u dont know what u r speaking of calling these "costume jewelry !!!

They carry Japanese quartz movements. No watch collector in the world would ever consider these "high end".

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

If these are like the Techno Marine watches I bought from woot - three year old models - there is a very high probability they will ship with a dead battery.

kingsman39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingsman39

Think watches named after German submarines is bad? There are actually automobiles driving on American streets manufactured by BMW and Mercedes.

shahramkel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shahramkel

Not all high-end watches are automatic. But most have scratch-resistant sapphire crystals, not mineral ones like these.

tigger2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigger2000
twillford27 wrote:Seems to me these are made for lefty's... I don't think I could wear a watch with the winder on the wrong side....

There is reason. You don't want to form scar tissue from where the watch stem gorgers the back of your hand.

tigger2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigger2000

Cool watches, iffy names, but when you consider the mark-up on any watch, regardless of who makes it, is somewhere between 300 to 500% , or more, it doesn't seem like that great of a deal. Would I pay $200 for one? Sure, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Besides that my 22 year old Seiko Chronograph and my 1963, older than my wife, Omega Seamaster are ticking along just fine.
Happy Wooting folks, just remember "all the world is not necessarily an oyster."

getsitdone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getsitdone
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite style here?

I would buy one like the 305, but with a brown band. Already have a black faced watch. And not enough going on in the ones without the numbers. great deal though!

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
kingsman39 wrote:Think watches named after German submarines is bad? There are actually automobiles driving on American streets manufactured by BMW and Mercedes.

Well said! And let's not forget Mitsubishi!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive
sdfreedive wrote:Can someone check out watch 1022 description and pics?

The blurb says, "This U-Boat Chrono Limited Silver Dial Black Band Men's Watch 1022 offers a luxury watch style."

But the rest of the description and pics show a black dial.

I'd love for some clarification.

Can a mod please answer this question? Does Watch 1022 have a silver dial as said in the description or does it have the black dial as shown in the picture?

scottybox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottybox
sdfreedive wrote:Can a mod please answer this question? Does Watch 1022 have a silver dial as said in the description or does it have the black dial as shown in the picture?

This U-Boat Chrono Limited Silver Dial Black Band Men's Watch 1022 offers a luxury watch style.

Black ion-plated stainless steel case with a black silicone strap
Chronograph - three sub-dials displaying: 60 second, 60 minute and 12 hour
Quartz movement
Scratch resistant mineral crystal
Black dial with off-white luminous hands and Arabic indices
Minute markers around the outer rim
Fixed black ion-plated stainless steel bezel
Screw down crown, solid case back
Water resistant to 50 meters / 165 feet
Made in Italy

I see black in the description and the pic.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
kingsman39 wrote:Think watches named after German submarines is bad? There are actually automobiles driving on American streets manufactured by BMW and Mercedes.

To say nothing of VW: "The People's Car"

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

sdfreedive wrote:Can a mod please answer this question? Does Watch 1022 have a silver dial as said in the description or does it have the black dial as shown in the picture?

What you see is what you get. Pic is correct, specs correct, features correct, and now feature intro correct. Black dial.

todmacher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages todmacher
mjkane1 wrote:So you want me to buy a watch named after a German submersible warship that tried to kill my grandfather in WWII?

Crazy world....

It should be noted that U-Boats are still in production and are no more a reference to the WWII-era antagonists we all love to hate than, say, Walther. I'm sure lots of folks would buy a Walther brand watch without it conjuring images of peaked caps and armbands. Why didn't they call it a "Submariner?" Likely because it was already taken by another diving watch.

A modern U-Boat, currently in use by both Germany and Italy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_212_submarine

Prost.

irqzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irqzero
mjkane1 wrote:So you want me to buy a watch named after a German submersible warship that tried to kill my grandfather in WWII?

Crazy world....

Yeah, this is pretty messed up. I'll pass on the Blitzkrieg watches as well. You may as well hold the Goebles and the Goering models.

rmzalbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmzalbar
coolbluelb wrote:Personally thrilled... Love U-Boat watches. Wouldn't want a non-automatic as my first, but since it won't be,I like the idea of also having a utilitarian quartz for pennies.

You have a strange definition of "pennies."

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1
todmacher wrote:It should be noted that U-Boats are still in production and are no more a reference to the WWII-era antagonists we all love to hate than, say, Walther. I'm sure lots of folks would buy a Walther brand watch without it conjuring images of peaked caps and armbands. Why didn't they call it a "Submariner?" Likely because it was already taken by another diving watch.

A modern U-Boat, currently in use by both Germany and Italy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_212_submarine

Prost.

Well, I am sure you wont argue with the fact that when most people in today's age hear "U-Boat", they don't associate it with something that was produced in the late 90's.

Similar to the term "Panzer" tank. Is not WWII specific, but what does one think of when the word is used?

...Did I just buy that?

videoengineer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages videoengineer

Just wanted to know has anybodys U-boat watch shipped yet.

rxbike@gmail.com

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rxbike@gmail.com
videoengineer wrote:Just wanted to know has anybodys U-boat watch shipped yet.

My shipping box arrived yesterday but must be some sick joke from woot. I received some POS chinese made watch with a metal band that looks like it came from some good will store overstock.
This really sucks since this is a big dollar item purchase.
That being said, status on Woot still shows awaiting shipment

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rxbike@gmail.com wrote:My shipping box arrived yesterday but must be some sick joke from woot. I received some POS chinese made watch with a metal band that looks like it came from some good will store overstock.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your order. We recommend that you contact UBoat Customer Care and see if they can help remedy the issue.

Feel free to also email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know about your shipping status and condition of the item.

videoengineer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages videoengineer
rxbike@gmail.com wrote:My shipping box arrived yesterday but must be some sick joke from woot. I received some POS chinese made watch with a metal band that looks like it came from some good will store overstock.

Which model did you order.

rxbike@gmail.com

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rxbike@gmail.com
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your order. We recommend that you contact UBoat Customer Care and see if they can help remedy the issue.

Feel free to also email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know about your shipping status and condition of the item.

What I ordered was the 312 model with brown strap, they shipped me a cheap metal watch watch in a cheap plastic box. I think somebody did a switch in shipping on me