1%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Hisense 46" or 42" 1080p LED HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

Well, the 42inch TV sells for $100 more new at the mothership, and does have a glowing review.

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

I got the 42" last time it was up (a few days before Black Friday), and I love it. The only drawback is when I watch anything in SD it's not as crisp as I'd like, but I think it's like that with lots of HDTV's...or I could be cutting it too much slack.

The picture and sound are great for my tastes (I'm no tv techie or anything), and one tiny detail that I really like is I can change the aspect ratio. I don't know why but I couldn't do that with my last tv.

I definitely recommend.

katieboop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katieboop

The 46" is available in Walmart stores (so no price listed online) and has very good reviews as well.

rubydoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubydoob

I got one of these at Costco last summer and love it. The sound is just adequate but we added a cheap sound bar and are completely happy. for the price it is spectacular.

corydee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corydee

I bought one of the 42" on a previous Woot. I absolutely loved it for the price, sold it for the same price as the Coby 46" and got that one from the christmas woots. The hisense has a better display response. Great deal.

jbills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbills

We have one of the 46" from a wal-mart refurb deal, and it's been working out great. They stack up well when you see them next to about everything except for a Panasonic in stores. But for the price? Impossible to beat.

mattkrea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkrea

I've had the 46" for about a year and honestly I love the thing. They're not the thinnest TVs but for the price I couldn't beat it.

Has all the inputs I need and works flawlessly. Hitachi internals too.

lorribosch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorribosch
kitcatbrat wrote:I got the 42" last time it was up (a few days before Black Friday), and I love it. The only drawback is when I watch anything in SD it's not as crisp as I'd like, but I think it's like that with lots of HDTV's...or I could be cutting it too much slack.

The picture and sound are great for my tastes (I'm no tv techie or anything), and one tiny detail that I really like is I can change the aspect ratio. I don't know why but I couldn't do that with my last tv.

I definitely recommend.

Is there a warranty offered with any of the electronics sold on woot?

vagitarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagitarian

seems like a really good deal to me. i'm in for one. it was time to upgrade from the 32".

make it do what it woot baby

bmoench51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmoench51

I have the 42", I picked it up on clearance at Walmart for $250. Overall, I love it. It's not perfect, but it suits all of my needs just fine. The only issue I've noticed is as follows. On occasion in dark areas of a video, you will get some trails left behind...but it doesn't happen very often and isn't very noticeable. Unbeatable for the price.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lorribosch wrote:Is there a warranty offered with any of the electronics sold on woot?

These have a 90-day Woot warranty.

Usually we have a link to an extended SquareTrade warranty for purchase but they don't support links for multiple sales at this time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jha1223

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jha1223
ThunderThighs wrote:These have a 90-day Woot warranty.

Usually we have a link to an extended SquareTrade warranty for purchase but they don't support links for multiple sales at this time.

I will say SquareTrade is a fantastic idea and super cheap compared to big box warranties. They have taken care of a few of my items and very much to my satisfaction.

NuLLx42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NuLLx42
bmoench51 wrote:I have the 42", I picked it up on clearance at Walmart for $250. Overall, I love it. It's not perfect, but it suits all of my needs just fine. The only issue I've noticed is as follows. On occasion in dark areas of a video, you will get some trails left behind...but it doesn't happen very often and isn't very noticeable. Unbeatable for the price.

I have this TV and I've had that same issue. I turned off noise reduction under the video settings and it usually clears up weird patterns like that.

hardyasknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hardyasknight
jha1223 wrote:I will say SquareTrade is a fantastic idea and super cheap compared to big box warranties. They have taken care of a few of my items and very much to my satisfaction.

Will squaretrade honor this since it is a refurb?

christopherames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christopherames

Is the digital audio out a coax or optical? If coax, are there coax to optical adapters? Was about to buy a TV from another place tomorrow, but need the optical audio out.

mblumenf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mblumenf

We got the 42" at Walmart for $368, including tax. So far I'm quite happy with it. I have also noticed that if you are watching SD the picture isn't perfect, but in my case part of the problem was that I was sitting too close to the TV, allowing me to notice it more. By moving back a bit it's a lot less noticeable.

I was originally a little concerned about it not having Netflix and stuff baked in, but then I had a "DUH" moment and decided that between XBox, Roku, and connected BluRay player I've already got all that stuff.

Markguns

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Markguns

Buy this converter on Amazon so you can run sound through a stereo: FiiO D3 (D03K) Digital to Analog Audio Converter With Micca 6ft Optical Toslink Cable - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC
Works great and with a mini USB-USB cable you can power it off your TVs USB.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Good price
Only 1.5" thick
No vent grills on back plate
Perfect tv to attach directly on wall and put a frame around it.

I've got a bunch of Monne to klimpt to display on this sucker!
Damnit! I want to get one...but I already got the 42" one for my sister for xmas.
She loves it, btw.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate
polysorbate wrote:Good price
Only 1.5" thick
Only 100 watts of power.
No vent grills on back plate
Perfect tv to attach directly on wall and put a frame around it.

I've got a bunch of Monne to klimpt to display on this sucker!
Damnit! I want to get one...but I already got the 42" one for my sister for xmas.
She loves it, btw.
wait, how long will these last if I have them on for 84 hours a week?

sueki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sueki

The refresh rate is only 60 will that make watching sports blurry?

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

Bought the 42" last time and its a fine TV for 299. I'd buy two more if I had 604 handy but I'm all tapped out.

DDuwen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DDuwen

I bought the 42" a while back at the same price on Woot. As others have said the price is pretty much untouchable. This TV will really expose the quality of your video source and will remind you every time the input source changes for 5 seconds on the screen and you cannot turn it off. Also if you are buying this to watch football you may be disappointed at the refresh rate. For Blu-ray movies its great.

jma07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jma07

I work in a big box electronics retailer. We carry these things and it's scary how much of them end up returned or completely FUBAR within a year or less. If you buy one, I really would suggest getting some kind of third party service plan or warranty. These are okay if you're looking for a budget TV, but this isn't going to be your home theater television.

WillieZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WillieZ

"Do you watch Community?"

"Yes."

"Cool. Cool, cool, cool."

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

A descent TV for a guest bedroom or limited use viewing.. the panels used on these are A- grade.. meaning they are rejected by the OEM because they don't meet their brand name standards. They are sold and rebranded to other companies who sell them at lower cost and usually paired up with lower quality electronics.
Still can be a decent value if u get one that holds up.

acaciasmom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acaciasmom

I bought this on a previous woot....and i love it. We have the 42"...we hooked it up to our roku, wii, dvd player and satellite receiver. I love that you can hook it to so many devices. We have never had a problem and the picture quality is great. I have had it about 5 months now and I'm still happy...great deal!

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
christopherames wrote:Is the digital audio out a coax or optical? If coax, are there coax to optical adapters? Was about to buy a TV from another place tomorrow, but need the optical audio out.

Probably Digital Coax out. I bought a Blu Ray Player that only had Digital Audio out and it sounds fine. Worked out as both Optical inputs were being used by my receiver. Still getting Dolby and all the bells and whistles that come with it.
Some good Prattle on the differences

24charles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 24charles
jha1223 wrote:I will say SquareTrade is a fantastic idea and super cheap compared to big box warranties. They have taken care of a few of my items and very much to my satisfaction.

Keep in mind that Square Trade will only warranty the item up to the amount in which you paid for it. Example: You pay $400 for a TV.....you make a claim and it costs $200 to fix it. If you have another claim within the warranty period they'll only pay up to $200 towards the 2nd repair. At least that's what they did on a laptop my Dad had covered.

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

pssst...kitcatbrat isn't a he, kitcatbrat is a she. Just sayin'

mdrcoast

Some user manuals of Hisense TV's

Not sure of the exact model but this might give you a pretty good idea of the menu options.

compmikey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compmikey

Picked up a 42 inch unit on the last woot, and wall mounted it in bedroom whetre it replaced a 27 inch. This beats getting new glasses any day.
Great picture quality.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
mdrcoast wrote:Probably Digital Coax out. I bought a Blu Ray Player that only had Digital Audio out and it sounds fine. Worked out as both Optical inputs were being used by my receiver. Still getting Dolby and all the bells and whistles that come with it.
Some good Prattle on the differences

I didn't read the whole thing, but the first couple responses there are incorrect. Maybe someone corrected them later. The optical system used by TVs and receivers is only specced to a few feet in length, 35-50' is about all it can handle without buying repeaters. While digital coax is just like antenna/cable/satellite, it can go 100' plus without repeaters.

Shouldn't be a problem for most people either way. Most are using 6' cables at most.

mdrcoast

Spiky wrote:I didn't read the whole thing, but the first couple responses there are incorrect. Maybe someone corrected them later. The optical system used by TVs and receivers is only specced to a few feet in length, 35-50' is about all it can handle without buying repeaters. While digital coax is just like antenna/cable/satellite, it can go 100' plus without repeaters.

Shouldn't be a problem for most people either way. Most are using 6' cables at most.

Read down to where they are arguing about the speed of light. I used to think Optical was the only way to go but have found there is not any noticeable difference's. Digital Coax is fine. Like you said, at 6 feet it shouldn't matter either way.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

bought the previously offered 42' on woot during black friday. i also love it for a bedroom tv. i calibrated it using the disney blueray and it looks great. only wish it had an optical out but it wasnt a deal breaker for this price. some people said their screen was cracked on arrival, but i didnt have this issue. i have noticed one dead pixel, but again for this price its not that big of a deal...

rschumann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rschumann
ThunderThighs wrote:These have a 90-day Woot warranty.

So how do I buy the square trade extended warranty if I purchase this TV?

rschumann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rschumann

Anyone know if and how to buy the extended warranty on these?

johnymonte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnymonte

Does anyone know why this TV is being taxed at 12.29% in CA?

bernieagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bernieagon
johnymonte wrote:Does anyone know why this TV is being taxed at 12.29% in CA?

Because you voted for Jerry Brown and the rest of the taxing democrats!