ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rschumann wrote:So how do I buy the square trade extended warranty if I purchase this TV?

As TT noted, we normally offer Square Trade on television sales, however we cannot offer Square Trade on today's sale since it's a multiple screen size offering.

You're still welcome to go to Square Trade and enter your information and get an extended warranty, we just don't offer it on the main site.

Was this information helpful?

UPDATE: My mistake. I didn't realize that SquareTrade no longer offered warranties for refurbished items.

cuda48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuda48

Can anyone tell me if you can edit the channel names for found digital channels?

It's not in the manual that I could see.

alanjs123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanjs123
ROGETRAY wrote:As TT noted, we normally offer Square Trade on television sales, however we cannot offer Square Trade on today's sale since it's a multiple screen size offering.

You're still welcome to go to Square Trade and enter your information and get an extended warranty, we just don't offer it on the main site.

I can't tell on the Square Trade website if they cover refurbished units. It looks like only new to me. Am I wrong? I tried customer service, but the wait time is crazy long! Thanks if anyone knows!

ROGETRAY

Staff

alanjs123 wrote:I can't tell on the Square Trade website if they cover refurbished units. It looks like only new to me. Am I wrong? I tried customer service, but the wait time is crazy long! Thanks if anyone knows!

There should be a drop down after you select "televisions" to select "refurbished" instead of new.

jbpharr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbpharr
alanjs123 wrote:I can't tell on the Square Trade website if they cover refurbished units. It looks like only new to me. Am I wrong? I tried customer service, but the wait time is crazy long! Thanks if anyone knows!

It appears they do not cover refurbs, unless it was done via Woot.
http://squaretrade.force.com/support/faqArticles/can-i-get-coverage-for-my-refurbished-or-used-item

nicsmith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicsmith

I was looking at buying a tv for my mom for x-mas but never came across a good deal. Now the inevitable question is if the extra 4 inches is worth $80?

kc8emd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kc8emd

I bought 2 of these from the last two times it was listed on woot. I liked the first so much I bought another for a computer monitor. Well my luck ran out with the second and after a month it went out and would not turn on. It was still under warranty; however I would have to ship the Tv to CA which would cost $180+ via ups. So I ended up fixing it myself from a $60 part on eBay which was easily available. This is a very simple TV to fix and since I had two TV’s I swapped parts till I found the bad one which was the tuner board in my case. I recommend the TV if you are willing to take the risk. As a PC Monitor it is ok with vga.

jeniablakebear77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeniablakebear77
nicsmith wrote:I was looking at buying a tv for my mom for x-mas but never came across a good deal. Now the inevitable question is if the extra 4 inches is worth $80?

It really depends on the distance you are viewing. I live in a small apartment so the 42 is plenty of real estate. The 46 for me would be borderline overkill considering I'm about 6 to 8 feet away at any given time. I would say if you were viewing from 8.5 feet onwards it would be worth your money to get the 46. I doubt your mom games much but if you have friends over often playing split screen then I would spring for the 46 as well.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
nicsmith wrote:I was looking at buying a tv for my mom for x-mas but never came across a good deal. Now the inevitable question is if the extra 4 inches is worth $80?

I know I would pay $80 for another 4 inches.

drummerdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummerdave
CuzzinMerl wrote:I know I would pay $80 for another 4 inches.

That's what she said!

shawnmos

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmos
christopherames wrote:Is the digital audio out a coax or optical? If coax, are there coax to optical adapters? Was about to buy a TV from another place tomorrow, but need the optical audio out.

Yes they exist. You can buy a coax to optical converter from monoprice.

gdibig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gdibig

Remote is identical to the remote for my Element TV. Inputs are set up different though.

aqueousflame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aqueousflame

I have this TV in my apartment. The display is alright, but not as nice as our 37" Vizio.

werlogik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werlogik

I got one of the 42" models the last time it came up. We put it in the bedroom and I love it. It is very bright and works well with my DirecTV remote. Great value.

rdrexler2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdrexler2
ROGETRAY wrote:As TT noted, we normally offer Square Trade on television sales, however we cannot offer Square Trade on today's sale since it's a multiple screen size offering.

According to Square Trade's website (links already posted), this is not allowed, so to speak. Does Woot have some way around this or assurance that the policy will be honored? Is it too late for Woot to offer sizes separately, each with legit Square Trade purchase options? Thank you.

stevedewberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevedewberry

Question about the TV's.
What is the USB port - it says
"1 (service)" What does that mean? Anything other than usual USB port that you's plug a USB thumb drive into?
And is it wi-fi ready, or does it require a dongle to connect to internet?

wootdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdragon

I've had my 42" since last winter (bought it at Wal-Mart for $297), and never had a moment's trouble with it. I use it as a monitor for my PC gaming rig as well as Xbox. Crisp image, bold colors, and you can change the aspect ratio for different activities (movies, games, etc). To supplement the sound I have a set of small Dell speakers and amp from a previous PC and it's just fine for me. For the price, you can't beat it.

rdrexler2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdrexler2
stevedewberry wrote:Question about the TV's.
What is the USB port - it says
"1 (service)" What does that mean? Anything other than usual USB port that you's plug a USB thumb drive into?
And is it wi-fi ready, or does it require a dongle to connect to internet?

A thumb drive will fit, but these TVs won't play its audio or display its images. The USB port is for service only. That likely means firmware (software) upgrades and possibly other diagnostics (like error codes).

These TVs are not "smart TVs" and won't handle a direct network connection (wired or wifi). However, other internet-connected devices like computers, Roku, Apple TV can certainly be displayed on these TVs.

Deucer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deucer

I have the 46 and use it as my main TV. Zero complaints. Got it at Walmart for $350 a few months ago.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf

[quote postid="5302868" user="kitcatbrat"]I got the 42" last time it was up (a few days before Black Friday), and I love it. The only drawback is when I watch anything in SD it's not as crisp as I'd like, but I think it's like that with lots of HDTV's...or I could be cutting it t...

Does SD mean not HD? I would be using it for cable, but just the most basic version, what comes through the cable without the box, no HD signal. How can I use it for over the air free channels (would like to cancel cable completly).
Also what is the right viewing distance for the 46" TV.

Anybody? Any input?
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Deucer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deucer
urslf wrote:[quote postid="5302868" user="kitcatbrat"]I got the 42" last time it was up (a few days before Black Friday), and I love it. The only drawback is when I watch anything in SD it's not as crisp as I'd like, but I think it's like that with lots of HDTV's...or I could be cutting it t...

Does SD mean not HD? I would be using it for cable, but just the most basic version, what comes through the cable without the box, no HD signal. How can I use it for over the air free channels (would like to cancel cable completly).
Also what is the right viewing distance for the 46" TV.

Anybody? Any input?
Thanks a lot in advance!!

I use mine for over the air reception. I use it with a Mohu Leaf antenna, and I get all the network broadcasts in HD and some other misc. channels, but I live in a big city with line of sight to a huge radio tower. The over the air signals in my area are much better than standard definition cable.

If you want to know more about OTA reception, I'd suggest going to TV FOOL (plug it into Google).

For the purposes of this deal, this TV works great with an antenna. I'm watching the football game with that setup right now and it looks fantastic.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf
Deucer wrote:I use mine for over the air reception. I use it with a Mohu Leaf antenna, and I get all the network broadcasts in HD and some other misc. channels, but I live in a big city with line of sight to a huge radio tower. The over the air signals in my area are much better than standard definition cable.

If you want to know more about OTA reception, I'd suggest going to TV FOOL (plug it into Google).

For the purposes of this deal, this TV works great with an antenna. I'm watching the football game with that setup right now and it looks fantastic.

thank you for the tvfool tip
checking it out right now

onsalefor10cents

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onsalefor10cents

has anyone's shipped yet? Im still stuck on awaiting shipment

ROGETRAY

Staff

onsalefor10cents wrote:has anyone's shipped yet? Im still stuck on awaiting shipment

The shipping process can take up to 5 business days (sometimes much less). Unless you ordered with next-day delivery?

If you're concerned with the shipping status of your order, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they can answer any questions you may have.

We do ask that you allow a couple of days so that our warehouses can process the standard shipping.

lylab012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lylab012

Just got the 42" Hisense TV. Haven't really got it on yet so can't make any comments other than the outter edge was scratched up all the way around. Did the previous owner live in the woods? It didn't get scratched up in shippment as it was packed better than most TV's are. I hope it just comes on when I plug it in!! Will comment more in a few days after I get the time to turn on.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lylab012 wrote:Just got the 42" Hisense TV. Haven't really got it on yet so can't make any comments other than the outter edge was scratched up all the way around. Did the previous owner live in the woods? It didn't get scratched up in shippment as it was packed better than most TV's are. I hope it just comes on when I plug it in!! Will comment more in a few days after I get the time to turn on.

Keep us posted!

I'm just hanging out, really.

erickim09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erickim09
inkycatz wrote:Keep us posted!

This TV is really great, and really nice, but is extremely sketchy. I just purchased it and received it a few weeks ago. I bought if for the sole purpose of using the HDMI connections. The TV started to fizz with green specks all over the screen, as well the sound was not being transferred properly even with the computer settings properly set. I'm not sure what's going on with this television, but I would very much so prefer a refund should this problem persist, rather than having to pay for shipping myself to get a brand new refurbished television fixed. what kind of bologna is that?