3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Core Bamboo Your Choice Cutting Boards
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra

Wow. That was the most depressing description of a bamboo-related product I've ever read.

bgammill

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bgammill

Umm in reading the specifications and the description, I can tell they are not thick enough for me to purchase (they try to cast the thinness of these cutting boards as an advantage! GIVE ME A BREAK!) Just how thin are they?

Oh, and a whole 90 day warranty! What is with that?

supermonkey58

quality posts: 1 Private Messages supermonkey58

I have two of these boards that I have bought through Woot in the past and I am obsessed with them!

I have one of the XL ones that is absolutely gigantic and the smallest one that is the perfect size for veggies or anything quick.

They are plenty thick, as was the concern above, and more than durable.

I just bought the set of three and I can't WAIT to get them!

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod
bgammill wrote:Umm in reading the specifications and the description, I can tell they are not thick enough for me to purchase (they try to cast the thinness of these cutting boards as an advantage! GIVE ME A BREAK!) Just how thin are they?

the XL boards are just under 1 inch in thickness @ .75 picked up last woot, so far so good, granted its only been a couple of weeks. these are cutting boards, not chopping blocks

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

nice wood!

that was fun while it lasted!

deisman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deisman

These cutting boards are very thin and cheaply put together. I bought a set and dropped the large board (about 3ft) and it broke in half. The finish is not as smooth as other bamboo cutting boards I've used but they work fine for small items. Definitely not built for heavy use.

beekermartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beekermartin

I'm in for three sets of the solid three set kit! I know they aren't the best cutting boards ever invented but for this price they are damn good. Hopefully I won't drop any and they will last me a long time.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
bgammill wrote:Umm in reading the specifications and the description, I can tell they are not thick enough for me to purchase (they try to cast the thinness of these cutting boards as an advantage! GIVE ME A BREAK!) Just how thin are they?

Yes very thin. Breaks easy.

llamallamaduck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages llamallamaduck

Hand wash? Ugh. None for me, thanks.

Boober61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boober61

I bought these just before xmas and was going to keep them for myself after they arrived and I got to look at them I realized this is not what I need "bam instant gift". They were nice looking but were too thin and even the large was not as large as I needed. Looked nice, smelled nice, nice price...great gift but not for me! I was looking to be excited and instead was....BOARD!

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra
llamallamaduck wrote:Hand wash? Ugh. None for me, thanks.

You should never put anything wooden or bamboo in the dishwasher. Yes, I know people do it all the time and have for years. I used to do it, too. But the extreme heat of the dishwasher + absolutely soaking it eventually equals splintering, splitting, or warping. Not to mention it could soak up some of that chemical goodness of the harsh detergent--great for dried lasagna, not so great for an organic, porous material. Plus, it will take a long time to dry, and...gross.

johnnyoops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyoops

Great price but these things are junk. 2 of the 3 split right down the middle after one day of use. krapola

dieseldolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dieseldolly

I love these boards. I use them for cutting and on the table to hold hot pots or pans. I hand wash and air dry. I've never oiled them and none have cracked or chipped. I have the three pack of boards and the one XL board.

rermjmt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rermjmt

Hey! I have some love for the boards! i have one and it is working out just fine for my chopping needs and looks nice on my counter!

jonocorp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonocorp

I bought some and regret it. It's such a slow surface to cut on. It feels like you're cutting on mud.

jtobolka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtobolka

Bought some as a gift and for myself. Not bad for the price, but Ive already had my big board split in half after getting wet and lightly handling it.

you get what you pay for. not bad but not great

ravichopra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ravichopra

For those looking to use these with the Shun knives that have been selling here recently (or other higher end cutlery), I'd advise staying away. The resins that fill and hold bamboo boards together along with the side grain are really hard on knife edges. It's maybe no big deal if you have cheap knives and are just steeling them regularly, but if you've got over $100 in your knife and would like to see that keen edge retained much longer before it needs to be put to the stones again, you'd be doing yourself a favor looking into a decent end-grain board.

pianogirl302004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pianogirl302004

I bought two sets of these before Christmas from woot to give to my husband and mom. They both LOVE them. They noted that not only are these cutting boards, but they make excellent serving trays for cheese, crackers, etc. Excellently quality and beautiful wood coloring!

iamwiz82

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iamwiz82

We have 6 of the smaller boards and none have cracked, though one larger one has warped a bit. Other than they have been great.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

I have a bamboo cutting board set, and it's held up pretty well. I wash it by hand, which can be sort of a pain, but if I treat it well.. it treats me well.

lhamilt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhamilt

I have purchased two of these and two of the XL cutting boards in the past few weeks and am really happy with them. They are a thin, but that's what I wanted. I can slip the six smaller ones in the drawer and have them whenever needed. The XL boards are thicker and hold up well to pounding out meat and such... bare in mind, these are *cutting boards* and not *chopping blocks*.

Would I buy again? In a second!

baerface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baerface

Meh. I've purchased about 5 different core bamboo products. None of them have been put through the washer, I've babied them. Every one has cracked or started to split. The wood does not stay smooth.

craigf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages craigf

We bought some of these a few months ago and we were greatly disappointed. They are very rough and splinters get all over your food. Not worth even $1 in my opinion. A much better brand of bamboo cutting boards is Bambu.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
llamallamaduck wrote:Hand wash? Ugh. None for me, thanks.

A few years ago I learned that wooden cutting boards are naturally more resistant to bacteria than plastic (which IS permeable, by the way).

If this is still true, then hand washing a wooden board is safer than machine washing a plastic one (unless you have an autoclave!).

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

jaynelwells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaynelwells

Not a bad deal!
I always check Woot! prices before I buy.
I found the following listing on Bed Bath & Beyond "Core Bamboo™ 3-Piece Cutting Board Set" for $19.99 each!
- color 'Bamboo' (two-tone ONLY choice)
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=18841460&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CPre3_H407QCFS8OOgod5HwAYA

Jayne L. Wells
Highland Lakes, NJ

casagreaves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages casagreaves

I have used wooden cutting boards all my life. Bought a large one of these about 6 months ago. It split in half the first time I used it. I'll skip these.

macaddct1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macaddct1984

I got these boards the last time they were on sale (3 weeks ago?) and I wouldn't recommend them.

* I've only hand washed them and they've already begun to warp

* There are some splits happening between a few of the individual boards

* I'm paranoid I'm going to get splinters every time I wash them, I feel slivers of bamboo every time my hand runs down the board

They look nice though!

corebamboo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages corebamboo
johnnyoops wrote:Great price but these things are junk. 2 of the 3 split right down the middle after one day of use. krapola

If you had problems with your cutting boards, please contact us at customerservice@corehome.com and we will be happy to replace them.

corebamboo

jtobolka wrote:Bought some as a gift and for myself. Not bad for the price, but Ive already had my big board split in half after getting wet and lightly handling it.

you get what you pay for. not bad but not great

Core Bamboo stands behind their products and if you had problems with your board, please contact customerservice@corehome.com and we will be happy to replace it.

corebamboo

baerface wrote:Meh. I've purchased about 5 different core bamboo products. None of them have been put through the washer, I've babied them. Every one has cracked or started to split. The wood does not stay smooth.

Core Bamboo stands behind their products and if you had problems with your board, please contact customerservice@corehome.com and we will be happy to replace it.

elkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elkhar
johnnyoops wrote:Great price but these things are junk. 2 of the 3 split right down the middle after one day of use. krapola

I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps Urs is defective as I've been using mine for 2+ yrs and they're holding up great!

khkhkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khkhkatie

I bought theses a while back and they are actually really nice!

m1lgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m1lgram
buenocabra wrote:You should never put anything wooden or bamboo in the dishwasher. Yes, I know people do it all the time and have for years. I used to do it, too. But the extreme heat of the dishwasher + absolutely soaking it eventually equals splintering, splitting, or warping. Not to mention it could soak up some of that chemical goodness of the harsh detergent--great for dried lasagna, not so great for an organic, porous material. Plus, it will take a long time to dry, and...gross.

Also interesting and important is the discovery that wooden cutting boards naturally kill bacteria, and are much safer than plastic cutting boards. Here's an old but probably valid link from the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/10/health/wooden-cutting-boards-found-safer-than-plastic.html

gunnyrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gunnyrad

I bought 2 three piece sets for Christmas and I really like them. I also bought the extra large and it is fantastic. just what I needed. I can prep all my veggies and add them as I need them. These are well worth the money. how hard it it to run them under hot water with a drop of soap,and dry it off.?

jankdc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jankdc

If you buy an XL, I would stay away from the Daffodil. I bought one about six months ago and it is starting to split. The other XL, should be better because the pieces are not all running the same way and should help prevent splitting.

purplezoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages purplezoo

We got these the last time they were offered. They are very thin, which is good and bad. It's good because they are light and easy to carry, but it's bad because they (especially the biggest one) warp easily. I highly recommend that you get some mineral oil and rub it in. They have not been treated with oil at all. If you don't they will start splintering. It's a very good price for bamboo cutting boards, but they do need some tlc, and may still break and warp on you.

elkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elkhar

They also offer a thicker .75'' board that is as thick as a cutting board should be. I happen to own the 3 pc thinner version and are the perfect size for everyday use anyways...

mschack63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mschack63

To me it's common sense. I treat my cutting boards like I treat my cast iron. Season? Yes but with different oils (I don't treat my cast iron with mineral oil, that would just be silly). Dishwasher? NEVER! Just take care of your stuff. Remenber, at this price they are almost disposable.