mommy4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommy4life
baerface wrote:Meh. I've purchased about 5 different core bamboo products. None of them have been put through the washer, I've babied them. Every one has cracked or started to split. The wood does not stay smooth.

I have many products from core bamboo and I can't believe how great each of them are. I have purchased atleast 5 sets of these 3 pc cutting board packs and give them away to all my kids and neighbors as wedding gifts etc.- everyone loves them!

kwkilcoyne

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwkilcoyne

If you got Emeril to endorse them, you could call the BAM!boo cutting boards.

charles2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charles2003

bought these for my girl. our cat pushed them off the prep table and they fell almost 3 feet. the two larger ones were still in the original plastic wrapping and they both split down the center when they hit the floor. probably the cheapest boards i have ever seen/used in my life.

i recommend buying these if you only need to use them once.

grbanjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grbanjo

Got these on the last time around. Have been using for months now with no problems (the thickness does not bother me). as a matter of fact, one fell from the top of my fridge and not a ding on it. In fact, did not even condition them- but busted out the coconut oil today to treat them up! Maybe I got a good batch, but these have been holding up

jfiamingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfiamingo
Boober61 wrote:I bought these just before xmas and was going to keep them for myself after they arrived and I got to look at them I realized this is not what I need "bam instant gift". They were nice looking but were too thin and even the large was not as large as I needed. Looked nice, smelled nice, nice price...great gift but not for me! I was looking to be excited and instead was....BOARD!

Glad I'm not on your Christmas list.

sbell1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbell1

I purchased these last time. They work great for me. Easy to grab whichever size I need for the job. I have had no problems with them.

captainfabulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainfabulous

I'm assuming since I can't select the sunflower, peony, or daffodil they are already sold out???

Well that sucks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

captainfabulous wrote:I'm assuming since I can't select the sunflower, peony, or daffodil they are already sold out???

Well that sucks.

In the XL boards, it does appear that they are sold out. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

templau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages templau
bgammill wrote:Umm in reading the specifications and the description, I can tell they are not thick enough for me to purchase (they try to cast the thinness of these cutting boards as an advantage! GIVE ME A BREAK!) Just how thin are they?

Oh, and a whole 90 day warranty! What is with that?

Can't testify to the cutting boards, but we have bamboo floors that are thinner, and they are so strong the installers had to get a specialty higher compressor for the nail gun. 8 years later, they just have not worn.

cmassey74205

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmassey74205

I bought these boards last time around on woot. They are gorgeous pieces to leave out on the kitchen counter as decoration, and are quite nice to cut on. I did, however, out of a little of both ignorance and apathy, put the boards in the dishwasher. They turned into wooden boats... They now have replaced my fruit bowls and are quite unique pieces of functional art.

craigf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages craigf

We've owned several brands of bamboo cutting boards, including the Core set sold here on Woot, and I strongly recommend these:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-960674/Bambu-Bamboo-Boards

Yes, they're twice as expensive as these Core ones, but they'll probably last 10 times longer.

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob

Got two of the Peony XLs a couple weeks ago. They are nice, big and sturdy...But, when rubbing the surface with your hands, you'll feel loose bamboo fibers, making me think they will end up in food. Probably not harmful (most people can use more roughage) but I've gone through many cutting boards and never had this. Otherwise, worth 10 bucks.

lahargis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lahargis

I bought these. Very thin. Will not use. I will give these away in gift baskets.

lovesjohnmayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovesjohnmayer
deisman wrote:These cutting boards are very thin and cheaply put together. I bought a set and dropped the large board (about 3ft) and it broke in half. The finish is not as smooth as other bamboo cutting boards I've used but they work fine for small items. Definitely not built for heavy use.

I bought this set and upon opening them the large one was split down the middle. I think thy look nice but agree not well made or handled roughly.

amysue1122

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amysue1122

Interesting. I happen to have a Shun knife. I keep it in the original sheath it came in. On the sheath it states: "Appropriate Cutting Surfaces: Hardwoods (such as maple or hinoki), bamboo, and polypropylene boards are all excellent choices for cutting on."
I have these boards and like them. They are a bit thinner than another bamboo board I use but so far they have held up just fine.

ravichopra wrote:For those looking to use these with the Shun knives that have been selling here recently (or other higher end cutlery), I'd advise staying away. The resins that fill and hold bamboo boards together along with the side grain are really hard on knife edges. It's maybe no big deal if you have cheap knives and are just steeling them regularly, but if you've got over $100 in your knife and would like to see that keen edge retained much longer before it needs to be put to the stones again, you'd be doing yourself a favor looking into a decent end-grain board.

vistawinds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vistawinds
bgammill wrote:Umm in reading the specifications and the description, I can tell they are not thick enough for me to purchase (they try to cast the thinness of these cutting boards as an advantage! GIVE ME A BREAK!) Just how thin are they?

Oh, and a whole 90 day warranty! What is with that?

Just my two cents worth of input. I ordered these, both the set of three and the single, bigger one. I have professional knives, and very, very good knife skills. These boards are fantastic!!!!
I own heavy, very heavy butcher block cutting boards.
Which can't be picked up to transport items to a stock pot. These are perfect general utility boards. Very well made and quite nice to look at.
Also my heavy boards are a Rainbow Dash to move to the sink for a good scrubbing.
These also make great resting boards for my bread, and are light enough to to carry, and with the beveled edge, act like a peel to transfer loaves to my oven stone. I for one an very happy with these.
And thickness- bamboo is durable, and my experience has been that they don't have to be thick to work.
I for one am just tickled to have found such quality at such a fantastic price.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Got the 3-board set, largest board had a split down the middle while still IN the shrink wrap. Not happy.

sharol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharol

I ordered a set of the thinner ones. It arrived last week, and the largest one cracked down the middle almost immediately. I e-mailed support, and they refunded my money (without requiring a return).

That said, I really like the thinness of the boards -- they are light and easy to transfer from one part of the counter to another. I may order a replacement set since some users have not had problems with them.