WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We're gearing up for another gallop through the gauntlet that is CES! Get in the appropriate frame of mind by reviewing this classic Woot documentary about the construction of our exhibition booth. THEN STEEL YOURSELF, FOR CES GIVES NO QUARTER!

curtise

quality posts: 23 Private Messages curtise

1) The booth looks great! Wish I could be there (and score a woot! CES monkey).

B) The electrical cable/tape dispensing tool is AMAZING! I have always had to resort to getting sticky tape goo all over my fingers and hands as I manually apply tape to an ever moving power cable in order to alleviate risk of visitor tripping. That is just too frickin' cool!!!

•••) Do you find that the batteries in the Giant Flying Screaming Monkeys die out a lot faster than those in the regular ones? (or was it just MY GFSM?)

IV) Consistent numbering systems for lists are highly overrated. Have fun at the show!!!

-=C=-

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

Ever experience Deja Vu?

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

Hey, didn't this SAME video play for last year's CES Booth ???
I have to admit it's a little emarassing that I actually noticed this....ok, OK, seriously !!! I do have a job....

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

robgnts5611 wrote:Hey, didn't this SAME video play for last year's CES Booth ???

To be fair, it is the same booth (and some of us are on a plane today! But not me.)

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
robgnts5611 wrote:Hey, didn't this SAME video play for last year's CES Booth ???
I have to admit it's a little emarassing that I actually noticed this....ok, OK, seriously !!! I do have a job....

Yea, I thought it was kinda familiar. I do give you props for trying to get this one past us: most of us are still under the weather from the weekend that we aren't likely to pick up on something like this on Monday.

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

Yep, I'm a bit ashamed that I immediately noticed this too, and even clicked through to youtube to see the upload date to confirm that I wasn't just having an acute case of déjà vu

cappo

Now I'm really curious as to what you all thought I was talking about when I said "Ever experience Deja Vu?" if you didn't think it was the rerun video.

eviloverlord333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eviloverlord333

LVCC, South Hall 1 Booth 21900

When can we score some monkeys?

Is thefenst going to be there?

quizamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quizamo

I'm on my way to Vegas from Dallas! I'll try to find your booth tomorrow.

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001
cappo wrote:Now I'm really curious as to what you all thought I was talking about when I said "Ever experience Deja Vu?" if you didn't think it was the rerun video.

Déjà vu. I do believe I read part of the above before... in this very thread!

Honestly, your meaning skipped by me for one. I was wondering who Deja Vu was in the video and why you'd be discussing such personal things on Woot. I believe you intended to write "déjà vu". (Those little pixels over the "e" and "a" are accents and can really make a difference. ;)

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

Can you shoot one of the monkeys to Reno?

captaindorkboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captaindorkboy

Hey!! Isn't the installer guy with the long, dark hair toward the beginning of the video that "Golden Voice Homeless Guy" Ted Williams? Is he installing booths now?
http://tinyurl.com/22oqvxa

Its totally him!!

cappo

note2001 wrote:Déjà vu. I do believe I read part of the above before... in this very thread!

Honestly, your meaning skipped by me for one. I was wondering who Deja Vu was in the video and why you'd be discussing such personal things on Woot. I believe you intended to write "déjà vu". (Those little pixels over the "e" and "a" are accents and can really make a difference. ;)

My keyboard doesn't have those keys, and I'm too lazy to go to the character map.

Plus after blowing their cover on Youtube concerning why Randall reads all the Facebook statuses in the same shirt week after week, I wanted to be vague this time. /ninja

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

What futuristic, cutting edge refurbs and closeouts did Woot show at CES?

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Leak Frogs wearing TRON helmets