WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

SIGG Water Bottles

Man, it's hot out. At least, if you're in Saharan Africa or something it is. Otherwise it's probably winter and cold... but that doesn't mean you don't need water. And it's a pain in the butt lagging your sink around everywhere (especially if you have bad tap water), so you're probably better off with a water bottle.
SIGG official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Thunderthighs wrote:Surely there's a bottle here you like, right? Oh, and no comments on the tablets. We've heard it before.
I'm just hanging out, really.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

If I order multiple bottle tops, will they each be a random color? Or will they all be the same single random color? (which is what happened to me last time)

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

Do the bottle toppers only fit SIGG bottles or will they work with other bottles, too?

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel

Do the bottle tops come with a Monkeygeddan card?

kmrazek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmrazek

I have the same question - I ordered three for camo one I bought for my husband, which were all pink. I know I was gambling with the random color aspect, but I thought I was hedging my bets by buying three, not knowing that they'd all be the same color. Should I do multiple separate orders to increase my chances of getting colors other than pink??

countdown wrote:If I order multiple bottle tops, will they each be a random color? Or will they all be the same single random color? (which is what happened to me last time)

countdown

kmrazek wrote:I have the same question - I ordered three for camo one I bought for my husband, which were all pink. I know I was gambling with the random color aspect, but I thought I was hedging my bets by buying three, not knowing that they'd all be the same color. Should I do multiple separate orders to increase my chances of getting colors other than pink??

Mine were all pink as well. I ordered 5, also trying to hedge my bets. I raised hell with support at woot who eventually gave me a refund (not before trying to give me the runaround).

I think they only have pink and this is the only way they can get rid of them; is to mislead hundreds of loyal woot customers who thought they were getting a "random" color selection.

Whats even more ridiculous is you know it has to be a human being packing these into boxes at the end of the day, so they could easily try to get a random *distribution* of colors if they were at all bothered. And if there was an uneven distribution of colors, then that should have been clarified as a risk in the product description. But instead they just messed up a ton of orders just days before Christmas; when it would be far too late to be able to do anything about it.

recentis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recentis

Ahh when are you bringing back the Sigg Thermos?? I've been waiting for forever... I would love to buy at least 4-5. I loved them when woot sold them over a year ago but unfortunately broke them during a camping trip. So... Are you guys ever going to sell them again?

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
countdown wrote:Mine were all pink as well. I ordered 5, also trying to hedge my bets. I raised hell with support at woot who eventually gave me a refund (not before trying to give me the runaround).

I think they only have pink and this is the only way they can get rid of them; is to mislead hundreds of loyal woot customers who thought they were getting a "random" color selection.

Whats even more ridiculous is you know it has to be a human being packing these into boxes at the end of the day, so they could easily try to get a random *distribution* of colors if they were at all bothered. And if there was an uneven distribution of colors, then that should have been clarified as a risk in the product description. But instead they just messed up a ton of orders just days before Christmas; when it would be far too late to be able to do anything about it.

I bought 3 last time-- with one bottle-- and they were all pink too. I thought that was odd for random, and was bummed cause the person I bought it for ( along with a grey camo ) is a guy. I ended up giving them something else instead. The bottle and pink tops are sitting in the box.

I figured it was bad luck, but it seems everyone else posting here also got pink, no matter how many they ordered.
This doesn't seem right.
I'm glad you got a refund. It seems they should at the very least apologize to the rest of us. I must be in an Orwellian state of mind. I think I was happier thinking it was a random goof on randomness than this.

ETA: I do see that they have them much cheaper than before the holidays. I paid a dollar each. Now they are a quarter.
Maybe that is so no one feels quite so bad about them all being pink .
If I had something else to buy I would get more.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
inkycatz wrote:

well at least there aren't any comments on the tablets.

I always did like yardsales.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
luke975 wrote:well at least there aren't any comments on the tablets.

cause i was wondering about them?

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

capjones1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capjones1
ceagee wrote:I bought 3 last time-- with one bottle-- and they were all pink too.

Add me to the list. Ordered 3 to hedge bets... got 3 pink.

Weak.

countdown

capjones1 wrote:Add me to the list. Ordered 3 to hedge bets... got 3 pink.

Weak.

Kinda wish one of the staffers would chime in by now....

Are these tops going to be "random" or pink if we order them?

sara567

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sara567

wow, i didn't order, because the only ones that i wanted was pink.

sure does sound as if they only/mostly have pink, but now that you have all complained they will probably send me some other color if i order today.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

I just ordered 10. If I get all pink again I will be so upset!

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
luke975 wrote:well at least there aren't any comments on the tablets.

ok I'll comment. But in a nice sort of way.

Excellent low price substitute (although I see they have them cheaper this time) :

Just use some polident or other type of fizzy denture cleaner. Get a big big box of them and they work wonderfully. You may have to rinse good to get the minty fresh taste out : )

duken58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duken58

Last time, I bought 5 of the Sigg tops in 2 different orders hoping that it would increase my chances of getting at least a neutral color. All 5 were also pink.

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

Useful for a DIY Dalek costume.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox
gracelit wrote:Useful for a DIY Dalek costume.

That's awesome.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

I like the pink one! I would totally sport one of those around.

Suck it, Trebek.

yotko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yotko

Can anyone who has purchased the caps/lids give some measurements? I'd love to know the diameter of the bottom of them to see if they'll fit my kid's Disney bottles which have HORRIBLE caps that are near impossible for a 5 year old to close firmly! (which means wet backpacks!)
Thanks much!

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

"Random Colors" is just l@me if they are all pink, even at two bits each. Like to see posts here of what colors those who ordered multiple tops actually received.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I gotta say Sigg makes a great water bottle and at this price it's a great buy. I've had about 10 of their bottles/thermoses and I'm fighting hard to not buy another. I'll just settle for some caps and tablets this time I suppose.

Maybe i'll buy that black triangle water bottle...

enaych

quality posts: 5 Private Messages enaych
kkehl wrote:Check out this recent article about metal water bottles http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/01/01/16285657-rossen-reports-metal-water-bottles-can-endanger-kids?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2

Yup. Was just going to post: The openings on these look pretty narrow. Do NOT stick your tongue inside and warn your kids not to.

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

akwain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akwain

Ordered 2 and received two orange caps. At least they're not pink.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

ordered 10, got 10 orange.

derek7227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derek7227

ordered 10 and got all of them in yellow
Will never trust woot on "random", unsatisfied.

littlekim70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlekim70

I was hoping for random colors,too. I got 4 orange...which is my least favorite color, of course LOL!

murdercake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murdercake

I ordered 2 bottles (excellent), 2 orders of 2 bottle tops each (1st order arrived today, both yellow, both shattered inside the mailer - sad), and 8 4pks of tablets - and the tablets all have an expiration date of 2012/10. I guess that explains why they were so cheap? Trying to get replacement tops now, hoping second order will be intact.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

murdercake wrote:I ordered 2 bottles (excellent), 2 orders of 2 bottle tops each (1st order arrived today, both yellow, both shattered inside the mailer - sad), and 8 4pks of tablets - and the tablets all have an expiration date of 2012/10. I guess that explains why they were so cheap? Trying to get replacement tops now, hoping second order will be intact.

sorry for the expired tablets. and the hassle in general. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

garmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garmac

Well, ordered 10 caps hopping to get some different colors and got all orange! Sucks since I needed a pink one for my wife's pink bottle...Anyone wants to trade?

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

Will these lids fit the Sigg fuel bottles?

derek7227

All the tablets I got were expired 08/2012. Will they still work? If they do, why print date on it? If they don't, why selling it, Woot?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
derek7227 wrote:All the tablets I got were expired 08/2012. Will they still work? If they do, why print date on it? If they don't, why selling it, Woot?

If you have concerns about your order, support@woot.com is there for you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

belluci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belluci
inkycatz wrote:If you have concerns about your order, support@woot.com is there for you.

All of my tablets are expired as well. I contacted Woot support to see if they are safe to use. They replied with a link to the SIGG support page telling me to ask them instead.

derek7227

inkycatz wrote:If you have concerns about your order, support@woot.com is there for you.

I wish you'd mentioned the expiration date in the description at least.

adarshanand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adarshanand
derek7227 wrote:can this offer be again available ...i want to buy 2 bottles from here.

akwain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akwain
belluci wrote:All of my tablets are expired as well. I contacted Woot support to see if they are safe to use. They replied with a link to the SIGG support page telling me to ask them instead.

My tablets also were expired 08/2012. I did ask SIGG via their website but I never heard back from them.