3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Ridgid 18 Volt Lithium Ion Drill/Driver
$69.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

pupyluvr

quality posts: 50 Private Messages pupyluvr

I thought you weren't supposed to Drill & Drive...

dewahba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dewahba

what matters here : is the Lithium Ion portion new ?

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69

woot! I'm the first sucker. Been looking for a good drill, these seems decent! Especially with 2 batteries...

iowagary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iowagary

RIDGID warranties their tools, including the batteries, for life (assuming you jump through the registration hoops). Unless that isn't the case with refub, this is an amazing deal. Two batteries, alone, retail for far more than that.

[MOD: One year warranty. ]

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69
iowagary wrote:RIDGID warranties their tools, including the batteries, for life (assuming you jump through the registration hoops). Unless that isn't the case with refub, this is an amazing deal. Two batteries, alone, retail for far more than that.

Says 1 year warranty.

But the reviews on this drill are great:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203406860/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=ridgid+18v&storeId=10051#BVRRWidgetID

(that is the "bare bones" version, but it's the same drill....)

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Woo Lithium Ion FTW!

pixelpusher220

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pixelpusher220
iowagary wrote:RIDGID warranties their tools, including the batteries, for life (assuming you jump through the registration hoops). Unless that isn't the case with refub, this is an amazing deal. Two batteries, alone, retail for far more than that.

From the specs it says one year warranty and from Ridgid's warranty page they say 1 year on reconditioned stuff.
http://www.ridgid.com/tools/power-tool-warranty

I'd say it's not lifetime.

Bobby1953

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobby1953

According to description, warranty is for 1 year.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Bought 3. Good deal for the price and I already own 2 sets with the impact drivers. They are my favorite so far. I have the M12, M18, V24 Milwaukee and the 10.8V and 12V Makitas. I use the Rigid the most. Batteries still good after 9 months. They get full charge at under 30 mins so you can go all day long with 2 batteries. You won't be disappointed with this tool.

wonbadan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wonbadan

I, too, already have a Black & Decker 12v, an M18, and a Rockwell impact drill. Still can not resist this deal. I think I will give the B & D to my brother. There, I justified my purchase.

Plus, + shipping and tax, it is still under $100. So I won't have to report to wife.

madgonad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madgonad

I bought one a few years back from Amazon. Failed after two months. You have to pay for shipping both directions (between $40-50) and the replacement was DOA. They said I had to pay for shipping again, so I gave up. You have been warned.

Junk from China.

Also, REFURB is stamped/burned into the top of drill.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

I'm going to need something like this tomorrow. How fast can you ship?

ewraven

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewraven

I picked up one of these with just one of the lithium batteies a year or two ago.

It is a GREAT cordless drill. Feels much more powerful than any nicad 18 volt drill I have ever used.

The built in LED light is a nice bonus as well.

Just a tip. If you want the batteries to last a long time. Only store and charge them within the climate controlled part of your house. Temperature extremes will kill them with the quickness.

xzn31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xzn31

Good drill. Battery got atrocious reviews http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-130383001-COMPACT-LITHIUM-BATTERY/product-reviews/B0011FM6FA

[MOD: I believe that's a different battery. I think this is the battery for this drill.]

awgPablo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages awgPablo

I'm trying to discern whether these batteries are compatible with a bunch of other Ridgid tools or not. Anyone know how to figure that out? Is it just any device using "Hyper Lithium" batteries? (..or "Hyper Lith" as on the Home Depot site in many places??)

For instance, I wanted to add an impact drill to the family some day and I suppose getting some other goodies like a lantern would be nifty. I might just get two of these packs just to get spare batteries and a backup drill for the price.

My new signature... now absent of a link to my website. Oops.

TheBopster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheBopster

I have several Ridgid corded tools that I like and use on a regular basis (Spindle/Belt Sander, Circular Saw, Trim Router, and a few others), but when it comes to cordless tools I'll stick with Milwaukee. I even have a 12V Milwaukee cordless drill I bought in the early 90's, and it and the batteries still work fine.

ThreeT320

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ThreeT320

I literally just bought this drill this afternoon!

It was the one step down version which only comes with 1 battery and was the display model so they sold it to me for $90

Is it worth having 2 batteries and saving $20, but losing the lifetime warantee?

mrmel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrmel
ThreeT320 wrote:I literally just bought this drill this afternoon!

It was the one step down version which only comes with 1 battery and was the display model so they sold it to me for $90

Is it worth having 2 batteries and saving $20, but losing the lifetime warantee?

My brother has this drill and it works great. The same battery will work on most of Ridgids other coordless tools. Biggest problem is when the battery dies; and it will. Replacement costs for the battery does not justify the reduced price on the refurbished equipment. Home depot will take the old battery and replace it with a new one as long as the drill was not refurbished. Worth the extra cost for me to go with new.

ThreeT320

awgPablo wrote:I'm trying to discern whether these batteries are compatible with a bunch of other Ridgid tools or not. Anyone know how to figure that out? Is it just any device using "Hyper Lithium" batteries? (..or "Hyper Lith" as on the Home Depot site in many places??)

I just bought one of these new yesterday and the packaging mentioned that all of their 18v batteries are interchangeable. Even some of their older NiMH.

ThreeT320

mrmel wrote:My brother has this drill and it works great. The same battery will work on most of Ridgids other coordless tools. Biggest problem is when the battery dies; and it will. Replacement costs for the battery does not justify the reduced price on the refurbished equipment. Home depot will take the old battery and replace it with a new one as long as the drill was not refurbished. Worth the extra cost for me to go with new.

Thanks! Plus this saves me a trip of returning it to Home Depot tommorow.

ThreeT320

awgPablo wrote:I'm trying to discern whether these batteries are compatible with a bunch of other Ridgid tools or not. Anyone know how to figure that out? Is it just any device using "Hyper Lithium" batteries? (..or "Hyper Lith" as on the Home Depot site in many places??)

They seem to be, yeah. I think you can use the old batteries on the new tools since they have to same type of connectors. Not sure if you can use the newer batteries on the old equipment tho. ...my personal assumption would be yes.

awgPablo

awgPablo wrote:I'm trying to discern whether these batteries are compatible with a bunch of other Ridgid tools or not...

Sort of half-answering my own question here (talking to myself helps soothe the voices in my head)...

After digging more I found some bits that may help others:

The "Hyper Lith" sales video says that these 18v batteries should be compatible with all their other 18v tools (makes sense): RIDGID's Power Tools Hyper Lithium Ion Battery Technology

The "new Smart Diagnostic Charger" in that video looks very similar to one on this Woot, but it's stamped with "X4" on the video and "9.6-18v" on the lower-left of the unit on the Woot sale. Not sure of anything else to indicate if this is Smart or Dumberer. The charger will handle either Ni-Cad or Li batteries from 9.6-18v though, which is handy.

Charger really does look the same, but that one stamp being different on the lower-left is the only questionable thing (ie: if this is a pre-X4 variant, it may not be as Smart... oy.)

RIDGID's Hyper Lith page, but can't see the low-left of the charger's front for any more clues. I'm quite likely over-thinking all this, btw.

That is all... I guess I'll go buy two now since I feel all sucker-ish. Spare batteries, charger and a drill for each hand.

awgPablo

ThreeT320 wrote:They seem to be, yeah. I think you can use the old batteries on the new tools since they have to same type of connectors. Not sure if you can use the newer batteries on the old equipment tho. ...my personal assumption would be yes.

Thanks for both of your replies. I was busy writing a tome on the subject and missed your notes.

NoSleepTilBrooklyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NoSleepTilBrooklyn

Good deal, even if refirb. Here are reviews from CPO Outlets -- a site that sells a lot of refirb tools. Got really good ratings here. (I have a NiCad DeWalt. 3 years old, moderate to heavy use, works as good as the first day)

http://www.cpoprotools.com/factory-reconditioned-ridgid-zrr86008k-18v-cordless-fuego-lithium-ion-compact-drill-driver/rgdrzrr86008k,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=ridgid-cordless-tools

bstreep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bstreep

Yes, Ridgid offers a lifetime warranty. HOWEVER: 1) It's only on tools bought from Home Depot 2) You have to register it AND keep track of your registration (who does that?). Then, you have to return ALL items (drill, batteries, charger, etc.) to an authorized service center (they aren't everywhere) and then, somewhere between 4 and 12 weeks later, you'll get your stuff back. I've gone thru 2 batteries, and I now have another dead one. It's just too much of a PITA to deal with Ridgid. Oh, and their phone support is terrible too.

00dahc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 00dahc

As usual, tax kills the deal.

Lowes has the Bosch 1/2" chuck 18V Li-Ion drill with two batteries brand new for $24 more.

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson
bstreep wrote:Yes, Ridgid offers a lifetime warranty. HOWEVER: 1) It's only on tools bought from Home Depot 2) You have to register it AND keep track of your registration (who does that?). Then, you have to return ALL items (drill, batteries, charger, etc.) to an authorized service center (they aren't everywhere) and then, somewhere between 4 and 12 weeks later, you'll get your stuff back. I've gone thru 2 batteries, and I now have another dead one. It's just too much of a PITA to deal with Ridgid. Oh, and their phone support is terrible too.

Just thought I would let you know, since I worked at the HD for 8 years. Return to any Home Depot store and they can send it out for repair for you. No shipping charges, they do not just give you a new one in the store.

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

I bought the five piece set (flashlight,skilsaw,reciprocatingsaw, hammer drill,impact driver) five years ago. With almost daily use all of the tools are still working great except for needing new bulb for flashlight one time. Ni-cads wore out last year so got two lithium batteries and smart charger at higher cost than this at home depot, because of being way out in the country and not having opportunity to shop around. So in for two just for the batteries.
Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but recip-saw with a 8" coarse wood blade makes for great pruner. Cuts down 3"-5" scrub pines as fast as my electric chainsaw at 1/3 of the tool weight, and no cord to bother over.
I was a makita man for 15 years until needing the full set like this for home building with no electric available. Got this set because of selling for almost half the price of the makita or milwaukee. Due to tool quality and better battery run times and life will never go back.

cebooher3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cebooher3

I've got this drill and it is the best cordless drill I've ever owned.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Home Depot has same refurb model for $119.00, with a very weak description. Does not indicate two batteries nor accessories. So this appears to be priced like the Woot of old.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203643599/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=rigid+ZRr86008K&storeId=10051#.UOv5nqwss2w

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa

Forget the tools. Let's have some Ridgid calendars!

Flaminghotsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flaminghotsauce

I bought this kit new from HD for about $160, jumped through all the hoops including a certifed, return receipt registration,and I have filed my lifetime registration letter in the file cabinet. Life time warranty is worth the extra money, but if I'd seen this first I'd have bought two sets for less money.

Damned fine drill. Love the light that shines exactly where you will need to see to work. I know contractors that are giving up on other brands to buy this Home Depot stuff.

technec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages technec

30.00 more, but new.
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tools-Drills/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc27fZ1z140i3/R-203406860/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

[MOD: From that sale - This item is sold with (1) AC840085 Batteries and (1) AC840093 Charger. Ours has 2 batteries. ]

I married Karma, she was a biatch. I divorced her, been downhill ever since.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

$110 at sears, with a possibly different bag.

Ridgid Factory-Reconditioned ZRR86008K 18V Cordless Fuego Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6345208307P?sid=ISx20070515x00001a&psid=67x7214613

Includes

18V Cordless Fuego Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver - ZRR86008K
(2) Compact Battery Packs
Charger
Double Ended Bit
Heavy Duty Contractor's Bag
Operator's Manual

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

PhillyOC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhillyOC

I have used the identical drill for work for the past year and it is a good drill for the price. I paid a little over double this at a giant retailer. On speed 2 it is as fast as you could need and the batteries charge quickly and hold a charge well even after being cycled many times. As hard as I am on this drill I wouldn't mind if it burned out right now, I would still go buy another one.

Even after dropping the drill a few times (including once from an 8' ladder onto a hard floor) my only complaint is the chuck (the black part that hold the drill bit)has gotten a wee bit loose and can wobble slightly when starting a hole on fast speed. Other than that the drill is awesome.

It also has a built-in safety mechanism to keep it from burning itself out. I was using it to drill a 1 1/4" hole through brick (not what it was really designed for) and it began shutting off when it got too hot. After letting it cool down for a minute or two it went back to drilling away just fine.

billsolomon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billsolomon

Rigid Recon Limited Warranty

Reconditioned tools automatically receive a 1 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Valid receipt from an authorized retailer is required. Warranty is not transferable to other individuals beyond the original purchaser. Reconditioned tools will have the word ‘RECON’ or some variation stamped into the tools housing. Reconditioned tools are not eligible for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

BiLL Solomon

tkuhle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkuhle

Great tool. I bought the drill and driver set at the Depot. Two tools but close to $200. The battery life is amazing.

mwchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwchris

I own this set purchased new as well as one of the five piece ridgid kit also purchased new.

I have the lifetime service agreement on all parts. For what it's worth, I've only had problems with the older higher capacity lithium batteries. Two of them have failed. All I had to do was mail the battery with a copy of my life time service agreement number to one of the listed repair centers on their website and I received another battery in a few weeks. With shipping and tracking we are talking $5-10. That's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new battery.

I know these dont have the LSA, but for the record when you apply you won't know if you get it until after the date to submit it has passed (I think you have 90 days to apply), however I've never had any problems, and everything is online, so it is easy to keep track of.

I'm in for one even with out the LSA, the deal alone is worth it for another set of batteries and a charger. And I bet I could submit the batteries as part of my existing LSA If I had a problem, since they batteries don't typically have serial numbers, only model numbers.