0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Onkyo 5.1CH 3D Ready A/V Receiver
$129.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

If my parents hadnt already given me their old yamaha.....my old onkyo was fantastic

leprasmurf

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leprasmurf

Seems to have good reviews on Amazon, though only 6 of them.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

Aww, no banana plugs.

So temping tho.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
leprasmurf wrote:Seems to have good reviews on Amazon, though only 6 of them.

Pretty insane deal for $130 bucks. Low-wattage isn't a concern unless you've got "real" speakers but most stuff under $500 will sound great with this receiver.

mshar253

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshar253

I was actually arranging with someone on Craig's List today to buy his Yamaha RX-V371 for $120. Granted, that's used, but from what he says, it's in fine condition. What's the better deal: That or this?

ATTORNEYFL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATTORNEYFL

Is this the problem one that hums or buzzes?

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella

If you want to spend under 2 bills for a receiver, this is the way to go.
I have an Onkyo and it's plenty for the money.
Unless you have a listening room (and most people do not) and you need something for TV and music, it's hard to go wrong here.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Wow. This is a really good deal. I have owned several Onkyo receivers. My first was a 304. I currently have a 309 which is really good for my needs. I would really consider this if mine wasn't still going strong.

Onkyo is the real deal, and even though this is an entry level receiver, they don't hold back on features. You get alot more bang for your buck with these than a big store version.

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob

Was going to get a higher end unit with lots of wi-fi, airplay et al. features.

Never mind. This seems to be a steal for a basic 5.1 AV receiver. It does have USB for devices, and plenty of component/composite IO for legacy gear. And it is the only AV receiver I've seen yet that scores a perfect 5 on Amazon (granted, with only 6 reviews...but still...)

At this price, ya can't go wrong. Trigger pulled.

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

I have this, it was originally made to be sold as part of a Bose home theater system.

It works well, however it is not very loud. You may still need an amp if you want to crank it up.

Also, it came with a 30 pin apple connector that is useless with my iPhone 5. Wish it had blue tooth.

lyman123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lyman123
mshar253 wrote:I was actually arranging with someone on Craig's List today to buy his Yamaha RX-V371 for $120. Granted, that's used, but from what he says, it's in fine condition. What's the better deal: That or this?

I've had 2 recent Onkyo's and they hae both cooked themselves. The last one cooked its HDMI board in 4 years.

I finally tossed out my Yamaha from 1986, and I still have my Yamaha integrated amp from 1990 - stereo monster!

I just purchased an RX-A710 Aventage receiver and I am sorry I ever went Onkyo. The difference in sound, build and features is striking.

Yamaha... I will never leave you again.

jimmymio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmymio

Onkyo makes great receivers. Unfortunately mine has been flawless so I have no need for this great deal.

mnerd

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mnerd

I have a different model Onkyo 3D ready receiver, the 308, and its been working great. Just use it to drive just a pair of real speakers, but that's because I live in a tiny apartment.

If I had a need for a new receiver I'd jump on this one.

pkphilip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pkphilip

Walmart and BB seems to have these around $170.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Looking over the interface, features and connections, I am pretty convinced this is a new version of my 309.

Here is what I like about mine:

-usb can be used to load MP3s on which is nice.
-You can set up each receiver according to distance and type.
-You will probably need a powered subwoofer. 5.1 sounds great though.
-It decodes anything that I send to it from my bluray player and HD-DVD. I also do not notice any lag as I did with my old receiver.
The on screen set up is a breeze.
-It upscales pretty well. We have our Wii hooked up to it, and it does a good job of upscaling it to match our 720p projector system.

boosturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boosturtle

bought one. Great value, will be a wonderful upgrade from my old sony. the next step up is the Onkyo tx-nr414, for another $100. Gets you a few more nifty features, but not worth it if you won't use them.

ndk0911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndk0911

Oh god how i want one of these. I have been obsessing over a A/V receiver for a little over a year now and it seems my wife cant take a hint. Plus she wont let me buy one because she thinks it's a waste of money. D:

thebigsmooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebigsmooth

i just dont know if i really need one. My speakers are decent but my current sony amp only supports optical and was $100 for 5.1 speakers and the receiver... Ive loved it but should i get this?

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

Aw man, I just spent the weekend trying to tweak my Pioneer VSX-509S to do what I want with my full array of speakers (and came up frustrated).
Decisions, decisions.
I will have to seriously think about this and hope I have a better idea in the AM.
Hmmmmmm.

profile V 2.0

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
joecooool wrote:I have this, it was originally made to be sold as part of a Bose home theater system.

It works well, however it is not very loud. You may still need an amp if you want to crank it up.

Also, it came with a 30 pin apple connector that is useless with my iPhone 5. Wish it had blue tooth.

This receiver doesn't have outputs to use a separate amp.

SharonBR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SharonBR

Does anyone know if this supports satellite radio

evildead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evildead
lyman123 wrote:I've had 2 recent Onkyo's and they hae both cooked themselves. The last one cooked its HDMI board in 4 years.

I finally tossed out my Yamaha from 1986, and I still have my Yamaha integrated amp from 1990 - stereo monster!

I just purchased an RX-A710 Aventage receiver and I am sorry I ever went Onkyo. The difference in sound, build and features is striking.

Yamaha... I will never leave you again.

Yep, after having an TX-SR605 kill its HDMI board I would never buy another.
It's a well known issue with several of their receivers and Onkyo refuses to do anything about it.
I now have a Pioneer VSX-1021K that I couldn't be happier with.

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca

How's the reliability on this device? I've heard some pretty bad things about Onkyo reliability in recent years.

unavaca

(oops, somebody else posted this earlier)

soypancho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soypancho

I got an Onkyo HTIB when I first moved out in college. I don't want to tell you want that receiver was subjected to during many, many parties but it still runs perfectly 8 years later.

blanked wrote:Aww, no banana plugs.

So temping tho.

Unless you plan on plugging and unplugging your speaker cables a LOT, you're giving up quality for a tiny bit of convenience. Just terminate the bare wire.

unavaca

It looks like this was $160 at Walmart and Best Buy last month.

ramanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramanan
unavaca wrote:It looks like this was $160 at Walmart and Best Buy last month.

Even now, same price of $168 at Walmart & Bestbuy.

ciao
rummy

leechungsr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leechungsr

THD is what I'm looking at. The lowest model Onkyo I would purchase at this time would be the NR609 with THD 0.08%.

With that said, HOLY COW THAT IS CHEAP...I'm tempted to buy one just to have one at home.

aderose1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aderose1

The 120V-only option is a deal killer for me. Planned on using this abroad. Unfortunate.

kenmichelle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kenmichelle

My first receiver was an Onkyo TX-4500 and it lasted over 30 years.

glennnnie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glennnnie

I purchased this model in early December for $178 and, up until the time I saw this truly Wooty price, was very pleased with the value. All the functionality I require for my smallish living room, with plenty of HDMI outs. These won't last.

bradenmcg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradenmcg

Woot, what do you guys have against including higher-resolution images?

It's WAY easier to look at the back of a receiver than to read through a list of specs to figure out all of the inputs.

ishynarang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ishynarang

Hi Guys,need some suggestions.I got a Samsung smart TV which has enough internet apps and USB connectivity I'll ever need. Have a pair of epos 1 bookshelf Speakers attached with a parasound 750a power amp( both were gifts on my last birthday). Now I am in lovelove with the sound but hate that I can't change the volume with a remote because the TV doesn't have a variable output Can I attach the poweramp to this with component cables? Will it decrease the sound quality? I don't. Wanna spend too much money right now. I obviously don't know much about speaker setups and will appreciate your input. Thanks

clark106

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clark106

Interesting discussion on low-end receivers here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1433110/help-a-first-timer-in-choosing-a-v-receiver-research-included

This model is lacking the Audyssey room EQ compensation that a few more bucks will buy fom a Denon model.

timbitandmuffin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbitandmuffin

Can anyone confirm if it can be set to 6ohms for those JAMO 5.1 speakers?

TEATime1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TEATime1
timbitandmuffin wrote:Can anyone confirm if it can be set to 6ohms for those JAMO 5.1 speakers?

The Specs tab does say "90W per channel (1 kHz, 0.9% THD @ 6Ω, 2 Channel Driven, FTC)"

glcolvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glcolvin

"I now have a Pioneer VSX-1021K that I couldn't be happier with."

Yup, I have a VSX-1015TX and wouldn't trade it for anything. Over 1000 watts, THX, Dolby surround sound. Has no problem powering my Cerwin Vega D7's I use for the front speakers. Add a 12" powered subwoofer and you will have your next door neighbor knocking :-)

amenite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amenite

I have the same setup basically and plan to use this with ARC - Audio Return Channel - over HDMI. You feed the audio form the TV to the receiver this way. Both units must support it, and this does along with my Samsung TV.

ishynarang wrote:Hi Guys,need some suggestions.I got a Samsung smart TV which has enough internet apps and USB connectivity I'll ever need. Have a pair of epos 1 bookshelf Speakers attached with a parasound 750a power amp( both were gifts on my last birthday). Now I am in lovelove with the sound but hate that I can't change the volume with a remote because the TV doesn't have a variable output Can I attach the poweramp to this with component cables? Will it decrease the sound quality? I don't. Wanna spend too much money right now. I obviously don't know much about speaker setups and will appreciate your input. Thanks