krdavids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krdavids

Wow!! This thing was already waiting on the doorstep this afternoon. Fastest item I've ever received from Woot. See...not everything has gotten worse, you pessimists! Can't wait to hook it up. Thanks Woot!!

jtbuckle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbuckle

Got mine in record time. Hooked everything up and plugged it in. Turned it on and nothing... Relays clicking but display dark and no response to any buttons pushed. Google has no good advice except for a reset (tried that) and onkyo customer service says I should sent it back to woot. Anyone else have any problems with theirs?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jtbuckle wrote:Got mine in record time. Hooked everything up and plugged it in. Turned it on and nothing... Relays clicking but display dark and no response to any buttons pushed. Google has no good advice except for a reset (tried that) and onkyo customer service says I should sent it back to woot. Anyone else have any problems with theirs?

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your order and the manufacturer.

Please feel free to shoot Woot Member Services an email at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

DanPopov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanPopov

Just hooked it up, and it all seems to be working properly. Starting to think maybe I should have passed on this one, not sure I like the sound coming out compared to my old sony, which to me is shocking.

Anyhow, reading the manual, it seems to me the included remote can only be programmed to control Onkyo products. I wanted to program my cable box and sony cd player into it. Anybody know if I can, and how?? Thanks.

diablokicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diablokicks
jtbuckle wrote:Got mine in record time. Hooked everything up and plugged it in. Turned it on and nothing... Relays clicking but display dark and no response to any buttons pushed. Google has no good advice except for a reset (tried that) and onkyo customer service says I should sent it back to woot. Anyone else have any problems with theirs?

No problems here. So far so good.

What you've bought from Woot:
Keyring Breathalyzer – 2 Pack, Woot-Off Lights with Screaming Monkey, Microgear Mini RC Helicopter, Scene It?, Random Crap, Victory Wax, Little Giant 15 Foot Ladder System, Philips Prestigo 12 Device Universal Remote, Random Crap - Level 6, Dyson DC28 Animal Upright Vacuum, Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum, Travelon Waterproof Digital Camera/Phone Pouch.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
diablokicks wrote:No problems here. So far so good.

We like reports like this, enjoy!

I'm just hanging out, really.

davidrager

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidrager

Dear moderator,

Please add the following warnings to the product description: never expose it to bright light (especially sunlight, which will kill it); never get it wet (which will make it multiply); and, most importantly: never, ever feed it after midnight.

It turns out that the postal carrier was very good at positioning my delivery so that nobody on the street could see it, but as a result I did not notice it either and it remained outside all evening. When I went out to get the morning paper, the box was sitting, shivering in the corner, soaking wet from the evening rain. Apparently the Onkyo receiver is related to Mogwai, as the wetness caused the product to multiply. Behind the first box was a second box identical in every aspect except for a white mohawk and different order number.

I have contacted support, and am waiting for advice on what to do with Stripe (that's what I call the second one). He's been causing mischief around the house and has been eyeing the refrigerator. Hopefully a response will come soon as I'm not sure how long my VHS copy of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves will hold his attention.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

davidrager wrote:Dear moderator,

Please add the following warnings to the product description: never expose it to bright light (especially sunlight, which will kill it); never get it wet (which will make it multiply); and, most importantly: never, ever feed it after midnight.

It turns out that the postal carrier was very good at positioning my delivery so that nobody on the street could see it, but as a result I did not notice it either and it remained outside all evening. When I went out to get the morning paper, the box was sitting, shivering in the corner, soaking wet from the evening rain. Apparently the Onkyo receiver is related to Mogwai, as the wetness caused the product to multiply. Behind the first box was a second box identical in every aspect except for a white mohawk and different order number.

I have contacted support, and am waiting for advice on what to do with Stripe (that's what I call the second one). He's been causing mischief around the house and has been eyeing the refrigerator. Hopefully a response will come soon as I'm not sure how long my VHS copy of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves will hold his attention.

zippo1947

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippo1947

I always wanted an ONKYO and here was the chance, but it was not a good experience. The unit would not talk to the remote from DAY ONE. The ONKYO warranty support was poor, they never gave me a RMA. They told me to send it to some outfit in Madison Heights, MI which then cost me $40 to ship via UPS ground. My price savings advantage is rapidly evaporating. I should have purchased the unit at WAL-MART, at least I could have taken it back for a refund. I am now waiting to see what happens at the warranty repair site. This should never have happened, it is brand new. This will be my first & last ONKYO product. Just my two cents worth from a very dissatisfied WOOT customer.