WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Could you eat an entire large pizza if you had to?
  • 29.5% - Yes. In fact I often do. 1407
  • 12.9% - No way. 617
  • 27.7% - Depends on the style of pizza. 1320
  • 27.9% - What is the scenario in which I HAVE to eat an entire pizza? 1330
  • 2.1% - No, because I am gluten/dairy/delicious intolerant. 98
4772 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

desert29rat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desert29rat

Well sure, but it'll take me a couple of days.

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Probably. As long as it isn't a Chicago-style deep dish!

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
gholt121 wrote:Probably. As long as it isn't a Chicago-style deep dish!

What I was thinking. Stuffed pizza would be a whole lot of crust.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

I used to destroy pizza on the reg. It may be my favorite thing to eat. But I've been trying to eat healthy or whatever, blah blah... But on my cheat day that I get once a week, definitely gonna murder some pizza. Has anyone had the 'Hot n Ready' pizza from Little Caesar's? 5 dollars for a large pizza sounds pretty awesome, so I may have to try it out. My wallet will eat healthy as well (since there will be more green in it... dun dun tss)

So, in a very roundabout way, I have answered that yes, I will be eating a large pizza. Probably in one sitting. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Bored at work...

VooDooPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooPC
klstrader wrote:I used to destroy pizza on the reg. It may be my favorite thing to eat. But I've been trying to eat healthy or whatever, blah blah... But on my cheat day that I get once a week, definitely gonna murder some pizza. Has anyone had the 'Hot n Ready' pizza from Little Caesar's? 5 dollars for a large pizza sounds pretty awesome, so I may have to try it out. My wallet will eat healthy as well (since there will be more green in it... dun dun tss)

So, in a very roundabout way, I have answered that yes, I will be eating a large pizza. Probably in one sitting. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Bored at work...

The Hot n' Ready pizzas from Little Ceasers are pretty much cardboard with pizza sauce and cheese on them, but for $5 it's not horrible.

Look around for a local place if you can, we have a liquor store that sells fresh made two topping pizzas for $5 and they are REALLY good.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Did i miss the part where it said this all has to be in one sitting?

I order larges from costco all the time, and the leftovers feed me for years to come.

Also, if it was a toppers chicken ranch pizza, I've destroyed a little over half of those at a time and the only thing stopping my gluttony is the fact that i have to share the rest.

dagphoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagphoto

Not even a challenge.

angiexmamma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiexmamma

[quote postid="5308263" user="lonelypond"]What I was thinking. Stuffed pizza would be a whole lot of crust.[/quote

Stuffed crust is sooo delicious too bad I have cystic fibrosis so I cannot digest properly but if I took a handful of pancreatic enzymes I would go through at least half of it!!!!! people need to realize how lucky they are to be able to get fat because I don't have that ability and it makes me sad sometimes. everyone have a good day !!!

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I've been cutting back lately so no, I think my stomach would probably start trying to give it back by about 2/3 of the way.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Was store manager at a Papa John's for 4 years, I lived on that crap... it's been 10 years or so and I can once again eat pizza. A large pizza wouldn't be a challenge.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

O'course it depends on the style. I've never met a frozen pizza I couldn't finish in one sitting. I could finish any large thin crust easily. If we're talking about deep dish, stuffed crust, Chicago style with heaps of toppings then I'd probably struggle a bit to finish a large.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Give me a good book and a hand tossed crust w/ sausage, mushroom, black olives, garlic and onions; I could do it.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Best I've done was kill a large square Little Caesar's pizza and then 5 slices (when they had them) and about a dozen breadsticks. This was back when I was 19 and was staying abroad in the Philippines (~2000). They had an all you can eat special going on that me and my friend (American also) had to try.

Believe it or not, after I got back 2 years later, I was down 30 pounds - thanks to the fish, veggies, and rice.

jamilworm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jamilworm

I could if I had to, but I never do

fstopdigital

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fstopdigital

if it's a new york style plain cheese with parm and hot pepper flakes, I can usually take down 3/4 before I feel ill

me and the missus can definitely overwhelm a large pie in 20 minutes

and we are not large people

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

Good Lord Lemon! She's unhinging her jaw!!

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yeah, but I really shouldn't. All the carbs, you know.

gardenald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardenald
klstrader wrote:I used to destroy pizza on the reg. It may be my favorite thing to eat. But I've been trying to eat healthy or whatever, blah blah... But on my cheat day that I get once a week, definitely gonna murder some pizza. Has anyone had the 'Hot n Ready' pizza from Little Caesar's? 5 dollars for a large pizza sounds pretty awesome, so I may have to try it out. My wallet will eat healthy as well (since there will be more green in it... dun dun tss)

Don't do it, man. Little Caesar's ain't pizza. The Crazy Bread's almost worthwhile, though.

wconsult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wconsult

I ue to do that a bunch, now that I'm a little older I've had to stop that behavior. Takes too much to get it back off.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

A large pizza from a chain or the frozen section? Well, it would be my only meal for the day, and possibly last me through the next, bit I guess I could down it in a long sitting.

A large from a local pizzeria? Heck no. You could use those things for a winter blanket. A delicious, delicious blanket.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

No, not from any of the well-known take-out places. Two, maybe three slices at the most. All that manufactured "cheese food", no way. When I make my own pizza, I use homemade moz, garden-fresh veggies, and my secret ingredient, a sprinkling of ground up salt and pepper pistachios.

lobo81865

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lobo81865

With my bad stomach it would make me sick as a dog.

rle94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rle94

There should 100% on "yes, I can". For those that don't read, it is a large pizza and there is not time stipulation.

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

I can eat an entire Little Ceaser's $5 pizza, no problem.
HOWEVER, pizzas are like snowflakes, no two are identical. I can show you one pizza shop where you could probably eat almost two large pizzas depending on your appitite.
Now, there are a few pizza shops in my area (New England) where it's like "forget about it.....!" No way your eating a large in one sitting. I love those pizza shops =)

mturczak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mturczak

I could finish almost any large thin crust pizza. As for the Chicago style deep dish, I think I can get to maybe 3-4 slices and be full. Ahh, how I miss eating some Lou Malnati's!!

shygote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote
klstrader wrote:'Hot n Ready' pizza from Little Caesar's

This was exactly what I had in mind when I answered the poll. Sometimes, on Fridays, I'll pick one up on the way home from work as a treat. My challenge is to eat at least half of it by the time I get home (~10 minutes) and the rest within the next half hour. Generally not a problem.

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

yep. It didn't give a time limit, as I read it.

9:00 a.m.--a piping-hot, deliciously oozing pork sausage and black olive large pizza. And time begins...NOW!

This may seem crazy, but this combination of toppings tastes like lasagna. Tasty, crusty lasagna.

9:00 p.m.--a cold, congealed, chewy pork sausage and black olive large pizza. And brushing the last few crumbs from my fingers...DONE!

BK14003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BK14003

As long as I have a good bottle of wine to go with it!!!

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42

We can argue this, but I would say it is reasonable to assume the time component would be along the lines of "before it is cold". While some people really enjoy cold pizza (myself not one of them) it really is a different animal. Even really flavorless cheese pizza is different cold than warm.

That said if I could find some good pizza in my area, I might be able to do it if it were my only meal for the day. For some reason people where I live flock to what I can only describe as "the world's most average pizza".

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Really, guys, you should have specified "in one meal", but like most of everyone, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & assume that's what you meant.

My answer (depends on the pizza) can be elaborated on: Yes, I could finish any standard pizza in one meal, even a deep dish with lots of toppings although that one would take a *LOOONG* meal. However, this would only happen if the toppings are to my taste. If you put crappy stuff I hate (usually veggies or onions, peppers), it will sit there forever, untouched.

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver

Cosco pizza is my favorite