WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Defender Security: Paranoia You Can Trust

The world is against you. They're out there, right now, trying to get into your life. Trying to discredit you. To embarrass you! Well, you won't let that happen, will you? Ohoho, NO! Not if you're watching them with this top-tier surveillance equipment. And then the sleep will come -- at last. 
Defender Security official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What features do you look for in a home security system?

I'm just hanging out, really.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
inkycatz wrote:What features do you look for in a home security system?

A built-in auto-targeting laser cannon would be a plus...

With a battery back-up.

CT

ColoradoKaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColoradoKaren

Number Five is ALIVE!

nosty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nosty

He's leaking battery acid! Can't you see? HE'S BLEEDING TO DEATH!

amizar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amizar1

what is this thing like compared to the Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB H.264 for under 200 on amazon?

lamplighter2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lamplighter2

I was interested in buying this product, until I checked Amazon and found it selling directly from Amazon for the same price ($49.99) with free shipping and Amazon's excellent return policy.

Normally Woot's pricing is 10% to 20% below Amazon's on a product like this, so I'm not sure what's going on with the pricing on this unit.

MikeDrei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeDrei

Anyone know if it is hard wire or bluetooth to cameras

Bikedad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bikedad

I have the same question if the cameras are hard wired or Bluetooth.

Edit: never mind my question. They are cabled. The kit comes with 8 60ft cables.

GutierrezsGhost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GutierrezsGhost
lamplighter2 wrote:I was interested in buying this product, until I checked Amazon and found it selling directly from Amazon for the same price ($49.99) with free shipping and Amazon's excellent return policy.

Normally Woot's pricing is 10% to 20% below Amazon's on a product like this, so I'm not sure what's going on with the pricing on this unit.

Not really sure where you're getting that. $346.88 on Amazon.

scutty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scutty

I bought the driveway alert about a month ago, worst buy ever. It would only work from about 30 yards away while the in-house unit was in a window in a direct line of sight with the outside thingy. No way would it work at the advertised 100 yards.

BillyD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillyD
GutierrezsGhost wrote:Not really sure where you're getting that. $346.88 on Amazon.

I think he was talking about the Defender AL101 FrontLine Wireless Driveway Alert System

illusion71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illusion71
scutty wrote:I bought the driveway alert about a month ago, worst buy ever. It would only work from about 30 yards away while the in-house unit was in a window in a direct line of sight with the outside thingy. No way would it work at the advertised 100 yards.

Look on Amazon for the Chamberlain Drive way alerts. They work great.
You can have up to 8 with a half mile range. I have them setup around my car to let me know if anyone is prowling around in addition to my zModo DVR and VideoSecu cameras.