3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
eneloop 8pk AA with 4-Position Charger
$22.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Tristan944

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tristan944

Amazon has a 10 pack for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop-generation-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B005VTEWB8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1358056918&sr=8-13&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie
Tristan944 wrote:Amazon has a 10 pack for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop-generation-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B005VTEWB8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1358056918&sr=8-13&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop

You omitted the charger.

However, this review at Fatwallet puts things into a different light.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1245288/

These are the older eneloops, rated at 1500 cycles, rather than the newer ones that hold a longer charge and are rated at 1800 cycles.

They also raise questions to the quality of the charger.

kinkajou1015

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015

I got this on the last time it was up on the site. I love these batteries, kinda want to get two more sets so I have 4 of each color, I used them in a digital camera that uses AAs this past weekend, I never got a notification from the camera that they were dying over 5 days. I suggest getting a different charger however as the one it will come with doesn't shut itself off when the batteries are fully charged.

boarder2k7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boarder2k7

Yes but that doesn't include the charger.

-B

[MOD EDIT: Yeah...what boarder2k7 just said....}

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy

That exact pack of 10 AA Eneloop 1500 charges is $19.99 at Costco. Forget about this deal and the amazon one, get it from Costco and save.

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy
shamcy wrote:That exact pack of 10 AA Eneloop 1500 charges is $19.99 at Costco. Forget about this deal and the amazon one, get it from Costco and save.

The charger is a piece of crap but if you need it, Costco also has it for $5.

compmikey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compmikey

The Amazon deal doesn't include a charger. I suppose it would be good to buy both if you use alot of AA rechargables.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

It says these will typically charge in 5 hours or less. Mine must be atypical. Mine take much longer to charge.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

Wowwie wow wow wow man! That's groovy, this is a penny cheaper than I paid for them on the 11th, far out!

Woot!TF

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

These would be perfect for Bronies... apparently that is a real thing and not just a Meme.

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob

These may be a later generation with real improvements in shelf life and # of charge cycles. Be careful when comparing on these, the last time they were offered different gens threw a lot of people. To my memory, these are 2nd G, much better than 1st and just a little under latest.

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

do theses batteries SELF DISCHARGE when not being in use like the NIMH ?
thanks

Mustard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mustard

Does anyone know if this charger would work on European voltages? I mean, I have the adapters, but wonder what throwing 220 instead of 110 into these batteries would do. Would a faster charge time be the only side effect or there the possibility for smoke and fire?

REDLINEVUE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REDLINEVUE

I bought these during the last woot off and the charger is a real POS... AAx2 = 220mA and AAAx2 = 100mA and must be charged in pairs.

REDLINEVUE

Mustard wrote:Does anyone know if this charger would work on European voltages? I mean, I have the adapters, but wonder what throwing 220 instead of 110 into these batteries would do. Would a faster charge time be the only side effect or there the possibility for smoke and fire?

Back of the charger says Input = 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 4w

Mustard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mustard
REDLINEVUE wrote:Back of the charger says Input = 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 4w

Sweet. Thanks.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
starmanbackwards wrote:do theses batteries SELF DISCHARGE when not being in use like the NIMH ?
thanks

These are low self-discharge NiMH batteries, and they are considered among the best.

Google around and you will see that people love Eneloops.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

These were offered on December 19th and there's a TON of excellent information in the discussion thread. As others have noted, these are second-generation Eneloops that are rated for 1500 charges. They'll keep about 85% of their charge if you store them at room temperature; in the last thread, people said that these Eneloops discharged very slowly and worked well in electronics. The charger got mixed reviews last time: it's fine for what it is, but there are chargers that charge each battery individually and only as much as each battery needs, which is better for battery life.

I can't speak from personal experience: they're so sparkly all wrapped together in rainbow awesomeness that I haven't been able to bring myself to hide them in devices yet.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

REDLINEVUE

63% off 62.98... Please, SOMEONE/ANYONE tell me when these batteries were ever SIXTY-TWO dollars!!?!?!?

C'mon woot... cut the drama

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr
63% off 62.98... Please, SOMEONE/ANYONE tell me when these batteries were ever SIXTY-TWO dollars!!?!?!?

AOYAMA & Co on Amazon is selling just the 8 AA batteries for $66.85... + $9 shipping.

eviljolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eviljolly

I've used Eneloop batteries for a while now, but with a different charger. (http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-700-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50)

They're the best rechargeable batteries I've ever used, but I went with an aftermarket charger because of the extra features, such as ability to charge charging rate, discharge mode, refresh mode, and test mode. All useful stuff if you're serious about your batteries. More than anything though, I wanted to be able to charge one battery at a time, which the stock charger won't do.

stnickk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stnickk

Mine also. This low input charger cannot possibly input 400 mah per hour per battery without causing serious heat issues. Plus it' is way too small. I like chargers with gauges. I have never had much luck with eneloop holding a charge longer waiting to be used than any other good name brand battery. But, they are pretty! lol

CuzzinMerl wrote:It says these will typically charge in 5 hours or less. Mine must be atypical. Mine take much longer to charge.

EcoTony

quality posts: 7 Private Messages EcoTony

I've been using eneloops for about 3 years. They will save you money over time.
I have 2 kids, and the first one was gong through alkaline cells very quickly. I decided I would slowly purchase eneloops or similar low discharge NiMH type batteries to replace all alkaline batteries. It has taken about 3 years to say I have enough, as they are expensive, but I rarely use disposable batteries anymore.
We use these in the wii remotes, in Rockenbok remote control trucks and lifts, and flashlights. We use them in our RC cars, Hotwheels powered tracks, etc, etc.
I can't speak for this charger, but the one they sell at Costco is decent and you end up getting more batteries for a little less. But if you don't pay tax on woot purchases, or you don't have a Costco....

y10kcomplient

quality posts: 0 Private Messages y10kcomplient
eviljolly wrote:I've used Eneloop batteries for a while now, but with a different charger. (http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-700-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50)

They're the best rechargeable batteries I've ever used, but I went with an aftermarket charger because of the extra features, such as ability to charge charging rate, discharge mode, refresh mode, and test mode. All useful stuff if you're serious about your batteries. More than anything though, I wanted to be able to charge one battery at a time, which the stock charger won't do.

Agreed. You should absolutely get a charger
1) that detects existing and maximum charge
2) charge one at a time
3) can fully discharge your batteries to condition them.

These paired chargers just run for a timed interval on a trickle hoping to get the right charge.

pretol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pretol

Mustard wrote:Does anyone know if this charger would work on European voltages? I mean, I have the adapters, but wonder what throwing 220 instead of 110 into these batteries would do. Would a faster charge time be the only side effect or there the possibility for smoke and fire?

They won't charger faster, smoke or fire. Note also, the socket current doesn't actually "connect" to the batteries, it converts and regulates the voltage to the ~1.5V (vs 110V or 220V from the wall). Leaving other electrical details aside, yes this charger would work with just a physical adapter to fit it into european socket, as it accepts either voltage.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This is the charger you want for these:
http://www.amazon.com/Powerex-Maha-MH-C801D-Eight-Charger/dp/B000E5S648/

Also, note that the batteries on amazon and Costco, IIRC, are not the brony sparkle rainbow version.

BTW, NiMH batteries do not have "memory" like niCad do, so all this noise is just marketing blather. "Squirrel nut batteries also don't have the memory problem of some other, lesser, batteries," is about as meaningful. :-P

Note that NiMH and NiCad cells put out 1.2V, not the full 1.5V of an alkaline or lithium cell. There are a few items that will not function properly with that .3V lack. Most items won't care. Just be aware.

Finally, 1500 cycles has got to be a joke. Maybe if they are cycled PERFECTLY, like 75% down to 25% and back, in a perfect environment, with only a perfect rest period, in a continuous 24/7 test room. 500 charges is more like real world truth.

In my long sordid experience with batteries I get about 100 cycles before something goes awry and I have to replace the cell. If you spend a lot of time monitoring your batteries every week/month and NEVER let a cell drop below .8V or get above 130°F, the death knell for NiMHs, you might get closer to 1000 usable cycles. I'm skeptical of even 700, ie 2 years of daily cycling. O_o

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

alphawolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphawolf

This is way over priced. These batteries are amazing, I've bought a bunch at my local bigbox store, but for much less than this.

dianacarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianacarr

Costco carries this for $19.99.

dianacarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianacarr
dianacarr wrote:Costco carries this for $19.99.

Also, extra batteries are:
10 AA plus 2 plastic battery cases for $19.99
12 AAA plus 2 plastic battery cases for $19.99

jearly0000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jearly0000
REDLINEVUE wrote:63% off 62.98... Please, SOMEONE/ANYONE tell me when these batteries were ever SIXTY-TWO dollars!!?!?!?

C'mon woot... cut the drama

Believe it. I usually see this item for around $45. I have no doubt the MSRP is up around $60. You're underestimating how good Eneloop batteries are, and the sexiness of the sparkle wrappers. You could make money buying these and flipping them on ebay in a few weeks if you desired

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

tostman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tostman

Seems like a good deal ? Are the batteries new or reconditioned ?

zrxbill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zrxbill
tostman wrote:Seems like a good deal ? Are the batteries new or reconditioned ?

Add states "NEW".

silentslade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silentslade

Just adding to the discussion.

I own these. they are excellent batteries and have great longevity. The charger they come with is bare bones, and sub par at best. I think they skimped out because the cost of the batteries is high. which makes sense. No one would be footing 80 bucks for 8 batteries and a good charger.

Adorama http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=eneloop

will sometimes carry this pack for $20 plus shipping with no charger, so this is a pretty decent deal. My recommendation would be upgrade to a serious charger later for the ability to charge batteries individually, test them, etc.

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash
alphawolf wrote:This is way over priced. These batteries are amazing, I've bought a bunch at my local bigbox store, but for much less than this.

No one will believe you unless you post a reference.

webley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webley

One good thing about Eneloops is that other rechargeables are hit and miss when used in an Apple Magic Trackpad. Not sure why, but I think I read somewhere once it had something to do with the length of the positive terminal. I've had several brands including Sony AA batteries that refused to work in the Magic Trackpad even though they worked in all my other equipment. The rechargeable batteries that Apple sells for the MT are supposedly relabeled Eneloops at a price premium. I bought Sanyo Eneloop brand cells and they've worked great for me. With the daily use I put the trackpad through, the batteries only last a week before they need to be recharged, but it's still a lot cheaper than buying a carton of alkalines.

BigRobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigRobi

What's the diff betwenn akaline and NIMH batteries

BigRobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigRobi
dianacarr wrote:Also, extra batteries are:
10 AA plus 2 plastic battery cases for $19.99
12 AAA plus 2 plastic battery cases for $19.99

WOW that sounds like a great deal