jaybird622

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaybird622

Why isn't the shipping free?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I'm tempted to buy just because they're sparkly!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
miken927 wrote:I'm tempted to buy just because they're sparkly!

lol. I keep thinking the same thing. I don't have 'sparkly' eneloops

REDLINEVUE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REDLINEVUE
sdc100 wrote:$60 is not a "Applejackic" price to pay for a set of 15.

A) YES it is.
B) I believe this sale is only for a set of 8.

REDLINEVUE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REDLINEVUE
llamabox wrote:...please stay off the internet

Why? So I can see "deals" like this and go crazy because I THINK I'm getting the best bargain ever?

A little scouring of the intrawebs could save people like you lots of money!

coolbreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolbreeze
jaybird622 wrote:Why isn't the shipping free?

If you can recommend a shipper that will ship free for Woot, I'm sure they'll listen. Until then, we'll most likely pay for shipping with each purchase.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Same reason you don't work for free but I'm only guessing.

terrya64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrya64

I have 3 of these charges around the house loaded with AA and AAA's. Have been using them for about 4 years.Have not had any of the batteries go bad and the chargers work just fine. I have gotten all mine at Costco.

nairb101

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nairb101
sdc100 wrote:In terms of Low Self-Discharge (LSD) NiMH batteries, Sanyo Eneloops is the "top name brand." They invented LSDs, and are currently the leader in terms of recharge cycles and discharge rate. While many companies have matched their first generation Eneloops, only Sanyo has batteries that meet their 3rd generation profile. And as far as I know, no one matches their 2nd generation batteries either.

That said, I still prefer regular quality alkalines for critical operation, i.e. smoke detectors, medical monitors, emergency flashlights that are used very seldomly, etc. Not only can modern alkalines hold a charge for 8-10 years, but their voltage is higher at 1.5V (as opposed to the 1.2V of NiMH batteries). That's 20% weaker and can make a difference in battery life as well as functioning, i.e. the brightness of a [unregulated] flashlight as well as the volume of an alarm. Indeed, some older equipment will not function at 1.2V, i.e. I have an Olympus recorder that needs a regular 1.5V battery. Better safe than sorry.

In fact, any 1.2V cell will output 64% of the power into a given load, versus a 1.5V cell. (80% of the voltage times 80% of the current equals 64% of the power.)

rebal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebal

Blindly bought this the last time it was offered. Basically a bundling of Eneloop batteries and a cheap "no name I've ever heard of" charger (not a Sanyo charger). Bummed to have found a similar bundle of Eneloop batteries and an actual Sanyo brand charger at Costco a few weeks later for cheaper.

The value is not necessarily as good as it may appear.

Bandrik

quality posts: 76 Private Messages Bandrik

Woot has had $5 shipping for as long as I've been shopping here (a long time). The only item they offer free shipping on is the daily shirt.woot offering.

The upside is that once you buy an item and pay the $5 shipping, shipping is free for anything else you buy that day.

Also, the $5 shipping works both ways. While sometimes you'll pay $5 to be shipped something tiny and light... other times, you'll get a refrigerator drop-shipped by freight delivery for $5... which is an insane deal, by the way.

Cyris69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyris69

Only 17$ on amazon with prime as well
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B004UG41XW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358128575&sr=1-2&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop

Just buy a better charger for these since it doesn't come with one from amazon.

Bryguyf69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryguyf69
REDLINEVUE wrote:A) YES it is.
B) I believe this sale is only for a set of 8.

Er, why did you deliberately quote sdc100 out of context? He wrote, "So if you need the extra features of 3rd Generation Eneloops, $60 is not a Applejackic price to pay for a set of 15." He was clearly talking about 3rd generation Eneloops which are more expensive than these. I've priced 3rd generation Eneloops that have been verified as genuine (imported from Japan) and $60 for 15 is not unreasonable. You can find cheaper deals on ebay and Amazon, but I'm suspicious. In fact, Sanyo had a Press Release in Japan warning about inexpensive 3rd generation Eneloops being fake.

saucycg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saucycg

this deal sucks, 4 packs are $12 all over the place and the charger is junk.

GabbyGabby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GabbyGabby
auctionsaver wrote:You are overlooking that given time, they will equalize as they are connected in parrallel. I am not suggesting that when they first finish charging, that they will be equal, given enough time, they will equalize to their maximum capacity. PS: you aren't the only one with a graduate degree.

If you put two batteries in the charger and let them trickle, with enough time, they will equalize. The complaints come from folks who throw a single empty and a nearly full on in and then pop them at out as soon as the light goes constant. This is why my suggestion was to have extras in my previous post and let them trickle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I'm not sure why you're being so obnoxious but no one claimed that he was the only one with a degree. In fact, you were the one to ignorantly suggest that he didn't take college physics without any reason. Furthermore, none of what you wrote in this post was in the previous posts. You never said to leave it to trickle charge. And sdc100 even clearly said that it "may" result in undercharging if you take the batteries out once the machine sense that once battery of the pair is charged. Read the posts yourself. You really shouldn't insult others by claiming they didn't take college physics if you're the one who clearly can't read carefully. And FYI, this undercharging problem is well-recognized, just search the web.

advocate4kids

quality posts: 2 Private Messages advocate4kids

"So if a person was to take the batteries out once the Full light comes on, the weaker battery would be undercharged."

If you feel it necessary to share your credentials as a college professor, you should be more careful with your use of the subjunctive. The correct usage is: "So if a person were ..."

If you were to submit your written argument in a class I taught, I would have to lower your grade to an A-.

scully459

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scully459
Tristan944 wrote:Amazon has a 10 pack for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop-generation-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B005VTEWB8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1358056918&sr=8-13&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop

That doesn't include the charger.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
Cyris69 wrote:Only 17$ on amazon with prime as well
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B004UG41XW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358128575&sr=1-2&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop

Just buy a better charger for these since it doesn't come with one from amazon.

$17.89 and out of stock.

ElGuappo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ElGuappo

LOLOL

battery chargers charge in pairs of 2 & 4 like this because the circuit separates the loads using a pair of half wave rectifiers, and then charges each pair in series. Its a really neat solution that allows a lot of functonality for little cost.

The argument someone on here would like to make is that the two batteries will charge at exactly the same rate, and you can never get a full charge if one battery is even slightly less discharged than another. Poppycock!

Anyone pushing this as a serious flaw should not fail to mention that each battery is a set of small batteries in series, so the issue still remains even if you use a charger which has a separate circuit for each battery.

Not only that, for current to stay constant voltage must vary, and vice versa. That mechanism is effected by the resistance of the battery, which is dependent on the charge state.

If you place a dead battery and a charged battery in this charger together, the dead battery will still get charged, it will simply take a much longer time as the curcuit will drop the current to trickle state almost immediately.

That would be an extreme case, and similar to a single battery at the end of its normal life when the internal cells no longer discharge and charge evenly. They take a looooong time to charge and they get pretty warm, in any charger. Eventually they just won't take or hold a charge.

And do you really think eneloops are going to come with a charger that is so terrible it would make one think that the batteries themselves were overpriced and worthless? Not hardly. Is it the best charger money can buy? No, but it won't eat your children in the middle of the night and absolutely ruin the product it was packaged with.

But it sure makes the forum enjoyable :D

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob
auctionsaver wrote:You are overlooking that given time, they will equalize as they are connected in parrallel. I am not suggesting that when they first finish charging, that they will be equal, given enough time, they will equalize to their maximum capacity. PS: you aren't the only one with a graduate degree.

If you put two batteries in the charger and let them trickle, with enough time, they will equalize. The complaints come from folks who throw a single empty and a nearly full on in and then pop them at out as soon as the light goes constant. This is why my suggestion was to have extras in my previous post and let them trickle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

And you overlook the fact that the instructions never says to let it trickle charge. I have it in front of me. All the complaints are correct. Used as instructed, these double chargers often undercharge batteries. And yes, I took college physics.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I know that this will likely not even be read, but I just wanted to say that I Already Got These Delivered Today!
That was amazingly Fast!
Thanks Woot!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Batman4oz wrote:I know that this will likely not even be read, but I just wanted to say that I Already Got These Delivered Today!
That was amazingly Fast!
Thanks Woot!

^^X^^

Enjoy!

I'm just hanging out, really.