WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: PIZZA STYLE SMACKDOWN. Which is best?
  • 35.6% - New York style thin-crust 859
  • 26% - Chicago style deep-dish 628
  • 3.6% - St. Louis style (if you have to ask…) 86
  • 7.9% - Sicilian 190
  • 27% - Doesn’t matter. If it has crust and cheese, I’m in. 653
2416 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Pepperoni pizza rolls, with a side of Ranch Dressing, FTW!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

/SQUEE!!!

St. Louis style is on the short list!

/goes to vote

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
ckeilah wrote:Pepperoni pizza rolls, with a side of Ranch Dressing, FTW!

I wasn't sure at first but now I know "St. Louis style" is a euphemism for "horrible".

Chicago deep-dish is the best. If you disagree, you haven't had the right deep dish yet.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

Ah, the question is actually Giordano's or Carmen's.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I prefer thin crust, it allows me to fit more pizza into my stomach.

Moueska

curtisuxor wrote:

I wasn't sure at first but now I know "St. Louis style" is a euphemism for "horrible".

Humbug. It's a pizza with the creamiest, most delicious cheese ever (Provelone), hamburger that doesn't double as sausage bites, and zingy tomato sauce. It's delicious.

Love me some deep dish, but St. Louis style thin crust is the best.

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

I like "normal" crust pizza. Don't like thick, don't like thin. Gimmie normal-azz pizza. Your special "new york/chicago-style" is garbage. You ain't special new york/chicago (see, don't even deserve being capitalized, not special)!

hooray beer!

sraischel

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sraischel

Just for the record, St. Louis has a number of Pizza restaurants featuring excellent Chicago style deep dish. Not all of us like provel on a super thin crust.

scruffyhansolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruffyhansolo

Hamburger belongs on a bun.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

Pizza and Sex are two things that no mater how bad they are you will never say no to seconds and when someone offers them and you might be willing to try something different.

nightwisp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nightwisp
Moueska wrote:Humbug. It's a pizza with the creamiest, most delicious cheese ever (Provelone), hamburger that doesn't double as sausage bites, and zingy tomato sauce. It's delicious.

Love me some deep dish, but St. Louis style thin crust is the best.

And for the record... it's Provel, not just provolone, but a combination of provolone, swiss and cheddar.

Moueska

nightwisp wrote:And for the record... it's Provel, not just provolone, but a combination of provolone, swiss and cheddar.

Truth, and my mistake for not breaking down provel at the time I posted. Still delicious.

Uno's is the only "local" chain restraunt I know that serves "Chicago" style deep-dish. It's not bad, it's just not something that I want to go all the way across the city or order.

(P.S. The poll already says that I'm on the losing side of the argument regardless, still gotta share the love!)

go2fast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages go2fast
Moueska wrote:Truth, and my mistake for not breaking down provel at the time I posted. Still delicious.

Uno's is the only "local" chain restraunt I know that serves "Chicago" style deep-dish. It's not bad, it's just not something that I want to go all the way across the city or order.

(P.S. The poll already says that I'm on the losing side of the argument regardless, still gotta share the love!)

I voted with you. LOVE Imo's. Left STL 11 years ago and when family comes to Cinci, they bring two or three half baked pizza's for us to cook when they get here.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
Moueska wrote:Truth, and my mistake for not breaking down provel at the time I posted. Still delicious.

Ugh, the Uno's chain is garbage. If you want good Chicago deep dish, you have to come to Chicago. Or order a frozen Giordano's pizza and bake it yourself.

freakdiablo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakdiablo
curtisuxor wrote:

Chicago deep-dish is the best. If you disagree, you haven't had the right deep dish yet.

Psh, Chicago style is like catfish and tofu. There are two types, bad and horrible, and everyone says I just haven't had it made right.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
freakdiablo wrote:Psh, Chicago style is like catfish and tofu. There are two types, bad and horrible, and everyone says I just haven't had it made right.

If you have had pizza at Uno's since they went to a chain style restaurant you haven't had Chicago style pizza.I have had it twice in Orlando and Lexington, SC and all I came away with was a bad aftertaste and heartburn. The only way to get real Deep dish outside of Chicago is order Malnati's overnight.Excellent!! ........... I forgot the Bears still suck!

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88

I'm not a pizza snob; I'll take whatever I can get.

andrewhesstx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewhesstx

It's Giordano's for me...

johnjosephfink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjosephfink
andrewhesstx wrote:It's Giordano's for me...

anyone ever have larosa's

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Uno's is the only "local" chain restraunt I know that serves "Chicago" style deep-dish.

If you're talking St. Louis, the only Uno I knew (in Kirkwood) closed a few years ago. BUT, Pi has Chicago deep dish, as does Feraro's (my favorite local pie) and Talayna's and I'm sure a few others.

That said, Imo's FREAKED me out the first time I experienced it; I remember saying "I thought we were ordering pizza!" It's definately an acquired taste, but I've grown to love it. I prefer Cecil Whittaker's for my STL style pizza needs. The best thing is, I can have 'real' pizza the next day and shrug it off by telling myself I didn't have pizza the day before, I had St. Louis-style pizza! It's a completely different animal.

P.S.: Woot had a short-lived office in St. Louis, which I'm sure is how that selection worked it's way into the poll.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Moueska

miken927 wrote:If you're talking St. Louis, the only Uno I knew (in Kirkwood) closed a few years ago.

Makes sense, my preschooler wasn't even able to sit in a high chair last time I went. Sad to hear it's gone, though...

BUT, Pi has Chicago deep dish, as does Feraro's (my favorite local pie) and Talayna's and I'm sure a few others.

That said, Imo's FREAKED me out the first time I experienced it; I remember saying "I thought we were ordering pizza!" It's definately an acquired taste, but I've grown to love it. I prefer Cecil Whittaker's for my STL style pizza needs. The best thing is, I can have 'real' pizza the next day and shrug it off by telling myself I didn't have pizza the day before, I had St. Louis-style pizza! It's a completely different animal.

P.S.: Woot had a short-lived office in St. Louis, which I'm sure is how that selection worked it's way into the poll.

PI has been on my "To Do" list for a while, ever since I heard they had a "roving vendor" food truck/van. :D I grew up thinking Cecil's and Imo's were the same thing, but the cheese and sauce is slightly different between the two.

mikefisk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikefisk

To me it's all about Chicago style. New York pizza barely counts as an appetizer, it has so little substance.

As far as Chicago style goes, it's all about Giordano's or Gino's East.

drmillen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drmillen

Tomato Pie [not pizza]: Trenton, New Jersey, is a town known for its tomato pies, and is home to the oldest tomato pie restaurant in the United States [1910]. The pie has thin crust cooked til crispy with the mozzarella placed on the pie first followed by the sauce, just the reverse of pizza.

trevinol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trevinol

A snub to Detroit-style pizza! Thick crust improved with fat in the pan, square with crispy, delicious corners. If you have a Jet's Pizza in your area, do yourself a favor and get an 8 corner.