WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Preppin' For The "Big Game"

Hey, there are a LOT of "big games" this time of year! It could be ANY "big game" out there, any "big game" at all! We aren't even saying which sport we mean! But you know, right? Yeah. You know. So buy this stuff for the "big game" and, if any trademark lawyers ask, be sure to tell 'em we never once specified which one we were talking about.

Quality Posts

kreifer1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kreifer1

The first TV on the list can be found on Amazon for $420 plus $54 shipping. I'm disappointed in you Woot...

LG 47LV4400 47" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009EAER9M/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1358177467&sr=8-1&keywords=LG+47LV4400

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

I feel like the "Famous Maker" in place of Coby is now just a sick joke the Woot staff plays on us.

genewhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genewhite

I have one of the Omni 40 mounts.
I love it. The unit is dead quiet and works very well. I'm in for a second one.

What a fool believes he sees.
No wise man has the power to reason away. Doobie Brothers
Doobi

Cowboy8467

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cowboy8467

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the "Famous Maker" Coby 3D LED TV due to the low price and the fact that it's not refurbished. Other online reviews seem to indicate that it's a decent TV, does anyone else have any experience with it?

darksidecookies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darksidecookies

Think twice before purchasing a Level Mount, especially the "Level Mount DC37SJ Full Motion Mount for 10-47" Flat Panel TVs."

I purchased one for my 46" TV. Both the UL label on the mount and the instructions list a maximum screen size of 42". While my TV is far under the *claimed* max supported weight, I don't feel safe at all using this thing. On top of that, the level bubble on the mount arrived broken.

I tried contacting support weeks ago about both issues, but received no response. Terrible customer service for a falsely-advertised product. No wonder they spam w00t with these things. It appears I'll just have to eat the cost...

*EDIT*

Woot support took care of the issue. I decided to give the mount a try; I have positive feelings now about doing so.

Brad from Level Mount replied below about an updated UL label on the newer mounts that shows their support for up to 47" TVs. The mounts that Woot has in stock may be older models that have the now incorrect label. As someone else pointed out below, the weight of the TV is more important to consider when purchasing a mount. The size limitation is really only for the mounting brackets.

figgers3036

quality posts: 4 Private Messages figgers3036

I snagged one of the antennas (Cut the cable, TV antenna is awful, and use netflix for my TV entertainment), and it's worked well. I have a solid signal, but some things to keep in mind--

Digital antennas will not get you half of a channel like you may be used to, it's all or nothing. I get all my channels crystal-clear, and that's it.

Location matters, put it near a window and as high as you can.

It doesn't require a power cord! So only worry about location!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
darksidecookies wrote:Think twice before purchasing a Level Mount, especially the "Level Mount DC37SJ Full Motion Mount for 10-47" Flat Panel TVs."

I purchased one for my 46" TV. Both the UL label on the mount and the instructions list a maximum screen size of 42". While my TV is far under the *claimed* max supported weight, I don't feel safe at all using this thing. On top of that, the level bubble on the mount arrived broken.

I tried contacting support weeks ago about both issues, but received no response. Terrible customer service for a falsely-advertised product. No wonder they spam w00t with these things. It appears I'll just have to eat the cost...

Hey there,
If your item arrived broken, definitely try to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. With regards to CS, if you got an automated case number you should have heard back within 1-2 business days about your issue (and if you got no case number they probably didn't get your email). We also recommend people check their spam folders. For sure we don't want people waiting "weeks" to hear back from support@woot.com, so if you've got a case number go ahead and mail again and see what can be done.

I'm just hanging out, really.

allenr87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allenr87

I purchased one of the "Famous Maker" 46" 3D TVs when it was up during the woot off during new years. While I like the TV it is important to look at the price tag and understand what you're getting, there are reasons that this TV is only $350.

The corner lights are noticeable in dark conditions. Both pairs of the glasses arrived defective (I'm going to contact Coby regarding this, I don't really care about 3d so it hasn't been an issue). Audio is tinny and very empty sounding as the speakers are on the back of the TV and seem to face away from a viewer. Despite listing at 120hz there is a small amount of motion blur and stutter in high action/motion imagery.

All of that being said, at $350 this TV is still a deal. The picture is very watchable, my computer works well with it, and a nice sound bar is mitigated the audio issues. Corner lights are very rarely noticed as you aren't really watching the corners of the screen.

If you're some HD nut you probably didn't even give this TV a second glance, but if you just want a TV that works and is large this is an awesome buy

shotonce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shotonce

I bought the Omni 40 Mount the last time I saw it on Woot, I was quite happy to see it shipped in an Amazon box. Installation was dead simple, I alone was able to mount it without any help. The mount included a template with dust catch tray, multiple 4mm and 6mm sets of mounting screws (more on this below), and a small level to make sure everything was in line.

The only issue I had, which was more Samsung's fault than Omni's fault, was that the Omni comes with both 4mm and 6mm screw setups, the Samsung required 8mm screws. Even the manual that came with my Samsung UN40ES6580 stated that Samsung models smaller than 46" should use 6mm screws, but this TV required 8mm machine screws. Either way, I went to the hardware store and picked up the missing 8mm screws. Much to my dismay, the mounting plate that came with the Omni 40 could only accommodate 6mm and 4mm bolts, not the larger 8mm diameter. It was an easy fix, I drilled out the plate to accommodate the 8mm screws, and it worked like a charm.

I'm honestly tempted to purchase a 2nd one, even though I don't have another TV to hang. I couldn't recommend this product more. Here's a link to a review that really sold me on the product:

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/OmniMount-Power40-Remote-Controlled-Motorized-Cantilever-Mount.shtml

Cowboy8467

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cowboy8467
allenr87 wrote:I purchased one of the "Famous Maker" 46" 3D TVs when it was up during the woot off during new years. While I like the TV it is important to look at the price tag and understand what you're getting, there are reasons that this TV is only $350.

The corner lights are noticeable in dark conditions. Both pairs of the glasses arrived defective (I'm going to contact Coby regarding this, I don't really care about 3d so it hasn't been an issue). Audio is tinny and very empty sounding as the speakers are on the back of the TV and seem to face away from a viewer. Despite listing at 120hz there is a small amount of motion blur and stutter in high action/motion imagery.

All of that being said, at $350 this TV is still a deal. The picture is very watchable, my computer works well with it, and a nice sound bar is mitigated the audio issues. Corner lights are very rarely noticed as you aren't really watching the corners of the screen.

If you're some HD nut you probably didn't even give this TV a second glance, but if you just want a TV that works and is large this is an awesome buy

Thanks for the info, I already have a nice quality HD TV in the basement, and I really only ordered the Coby to replace an aging 32" LCD so it sounds like it will work well for my needs, especially if I pair it with a soundbar. Hopefully the glasses will not be defective, as I am curious to see how well the 3D is.

ccweems

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ccweems

Philips Sound Bar - $70 refurb at Woot, now sold out is available new at Walmart for $88.

levelmount

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levelmount
darksidecookies wrote:Think twice before purchasing a Level Mount, especially the "Level Mount DC37SJ Full Motion Mount for 10-47" Flat Panel TVs."

Hello,

I am the Inside Sales Rep for Level Mount. I saw your post and wanted to address the worries that you are having over the DC37SJ mount and its UL status. While the unit you have received may state that it is only UL listed up to 42", I can assure you that it has been tested up to 47" and will withstand the size of the TV that you are trying to install.

The specs for this mount have recently been updated and what can happen is that older stock in our warehouse is shipped out with the older dimensions listed on the UL tag and instruction manual. The new specifications that list 47" as the maximum do apply to the older models as well. The mechanical layout has not changed, it has just been retested at UL.

On the behalf of Level Mount I sincerely apologize for any trouble that you had contacting our customer support team. If the bubble level that you received was broken upon arrival, please feel free to contact me directly at 773-756-5197 and I can go about sending you a replacement for the broken item. It will ship Fed-Ex overnight as soon as I receive a destination address.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while purchasing one of our mounts. It is my hope that we can address this situation and get you everything that you need.

Sincerely,

Brad

eeekdageek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eeekdageek

I purchased the Panasonic Bluray surround sound system from Woot! for $200 less then a month ago. Too bad there isn't a way to get a $20 credit. That and could have purchased a brand new one for $199 only days later.

But the system works pretty good so far just took a little work to get it hooked up properly and get sound from other devices. Instructions were not very helpful or clear. One down fall is it only has one HDMI output. All and all pretty happy with the system.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

I bought the Omni power 40 last time it was here. While max weight is 66lbs, the note on box says max screen size shouldnt be bigger than 42". I contacted woot and the manufacturer. They told me that due to smaller tv weights, now you have use it for upto 46". I dont know how that works but i went and hanged it anyways. Gotta say i love it. Although like the other guy stated, I have a samsung led tv 46" (19.8lbs) and it requires the 8MM bolts(standard), so once again i called the manufacturer and they said they will ship me the correct hardware in a few days, but surprising I never heard from them again. So i went to hardware store and it cost me $7.00 for 5 screws.
P.S. there are 2 screws on the bottom of wall mount that needs to be tightened once the back plate on tv is inserted into it and its a pain in the a$$ to aline those 2 or even tighten them. So once again i had to go and buy another bolts of small size to fit it.

While it works for now, i dont think i'll be buying another one unless its my only option

Woot: Why U No sell HDMI cables longer than 6'?? I'm in dire need of atleast a 15' cable but no freaking way I would pay $50+ for it, are they crazy or what?

sprkmaker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprkmaker

How does the extension work with the wires attached for the power40? do you just add slack for it extending/retracting? do they ever pull out of the TV?

searchneverend wrote:I bought the Omni power 40 last time it was here. While max weight is 66lbs, the note on box says max screen size shouldnt be bigger than 42". I contacted woot and the manufacturer. They told me that due to smaller tv weights, now you have use it for upto 46". I dont know how that works but i went and hanged it anyways. Gotta say i love it. Although like the other guy stated, I have a samsung led tv 46" (19.8lbs) and it requires the 8MM bolts(standard), so once again i called the manufacturer and they said they will ship me the correct hardware in a few days, but surprising I never heard from them again. So i went to hardware store and it cost me $7.00 for 5 screws.
P.S. there are 2 screws on the bottom of wall mount that needs to be tightened once the back plate on tv is inserted into it and its a pain in the a$$ to aline those 2 or even tighten them. So once again i had to go and buy another bolts of small size to fit it.

While it works for now, i dont think i'll be buying another one unless its my only option

Woot: Why U No sell HDMI cables longer than 6'?? I'm in dire need of atleast a 15' cable but no freaking way I would pay $50+ for it, are they crazy or what?

cmh711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmh711

How does the digital antenna connect to you TV. Is it through Component, HDMI, or a PC port? I would assume it would not be 'HD' in the event it is through the AV or Cable outlets

dkf295

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkf295
cmh711 wrote:How does the digital antenna connect to you TV. Is it through Component, HDMI, or a PC port? I would assume it would not be 'HD' in the event it is through the AV or Cable outlets

The digital antenna would connect through the coax port (probably labeled "Antenna" or "ANT" on your TV). While the input is analog, you definitely can get HD signal through it. I don't like the idea of paying hundreds of dollars a year when I only watch football, so I use an HD antenna (Completely different one) that connects via coax, and I'm guessing the only "antennas" that connect through HDMI or any other digital interface would have a built-in tuner, which would mean that you'd need to use a second remote or at least reprogram your existing one.

niko1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niko1987

Wondering if any of the Vizios have the wifi built in. Cinima 3d is my fave and no one should have to charge those god forsaken glasses.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
searchneverend wrote:I bought the Omni power 40 last time it was here. While max weight is 66lbs, the note on box says max screen size shouldnt be bigger than 42". I contacted woot and the manufacturer. They told me that due to smaller tv weights, now you have use it for upto 46". I dont know how that works but i went and hanged it anyways. Gotta say i love it. Although like the other guy stated, I have a samsung led tv 46" (19.8lbs) and it requires the 8MM bolts(standard), so once again i called the manufacturer and they said they will ship me the correct hardware in a few days, but surprising I never heard from them again. So i went to hardware store and it cost me $7.00 for 5 screws.

here you go. 8.99 for a 15' hdmi at amazon. ships prime if you have it, or 3.50 if you don't.

http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Speed-Ethernet-Supports-Return/dp/B003XM9774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358309914&sr=8-1&keywords=15%27+hdmi

I always did like yardsales.

darksidecookies

inkycatz wrote:Hey there,
If your item arrived broken, definitely try to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. With regards to CS, if you got an automated case number you should have heard back within 1-2 business days about your issue (and if you got no case number they probably didn't get your email). We also recommend people check their spam folders. For sure we don't want people waiting "weeks" to hear back from support@woot.com, so if you've got a case number go ahead and mail again and see what can be done.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I did not contact Woot support, I tried contacting the manufacturer, Level Mount. I assumed I would have to go through them for this issue.

Since Brad from Level Mount was so kind as to respond to my post, I will see if I can get this sorted out through him.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

The size of a flat panel has almost nothing to do with the safety of a mount. It is the weight that is an issue. Size only matters for matching holes for actual attachment.

Flat panels have gotten much lighter over the years. The first 40" plasma I helped install weighed something like 80# ten years ago. Now, a 50" weighs 50#. Mounts used to be another $200 add-on, now they've figured out it isn't that big a deal and many websites sell quality mounts for $30.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
cmh711 wrote:How does the digital antenna connect to you TV. Is it through Component, HDMI, or a PC port? I would assume it would not be 'HD' in the event it is through the AV or Cable outlets

I ordered this from woot about a month ago, I was worried how it would work (old school technology baffles me), but it turned out to be a snap.

It connects through the coaxial cable input. On my TV the input is labelled "Cable/Ant". Don't worry, it still gets HD, for the same reason your digital cable box (if you ever owned one) was also capable of receiving an HD signal. Because it is digital they can cram a lot of information into the same channel, so there is plenty of room for an HD signal.

I plugged it in, and told my tv to scan for channels. 5 minutes later it found 45 digital channels. I told it not to bother scanning the analog frequencies, so I can't comment on those, but I was happy with this.

And about the HD signal, I know it was in HD, because as I was flipping through channels, my tv would tell me the video quality of each channel (420p, 720p, 1080i, etc...) and I found a couple in 1080 with no issues.

ocv808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocv808

Can anyone comment on the samsung, lg, or tobisha tv's listed.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I got the Phillips antenna a little while back to go with the new tv I am using as a computer monitor. For the price, I guess it is okay.

It did get me one additional channel over the supposed-to-be powered antenna that I can't find the power cord for (!) but it is still missing one local channel. It also sometimes loses or mangles the signal but not too badly. Part of the problem might be its location in my apartment. It does have a tendency to tip over, though, which is actually a real pain in the neck. I keep knocking it over and then I have to try to re-adjust it all over again.

zblender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zblender

Wondering if:

1. These wall mounts will work for computer monitors in addition to TVs.

2. How these actually attach to the wall, do I have to drill them into the drywall?

Diveschool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diveschool
zblender wrote:Wondering if:

1. These wall mounts will work for computer monitors in addition to TVs.

2. How these actually attach to the wall, do I have to drill them into the drywall?

You need to find the wood post and drill it into it. Most unit come with post gauge.

tylerhooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerhooper
kreifer1 wrote:The first TV on the list can be found on Amazon for $420 plus $54 shipping. I'm disappointed in you Woot...

LG 47LV4400 47" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009EAER9M/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1358177467&sr=8-1&keywords=LG+47LV4400

You know that Amazon owns them right?

darksidecookies

levelmount wrote:Hello,

I am the Inside Sales Rep for Level Mount. I saw your post and wanted to address the worries that you are having over the DC37SJ mount and its UL status. While the unit you have received may state that it is only UL listed up to 42", I can assure you that it has been tested up to 47" and will withstand the size of the TV that you are trying to install.

The specs for this mount have recently been updated and what can happen is that older stock in our warehouse is shipped out with the older dimensions listed on the UL tag and instruction manual. The new specifications that list 47" as the maximum do apply to the older models as well. The mechanical layout has not changed, it has just been retested at UL.

On the behalf of Level Mount I sincerely apologize for any trouble that you had contacting our customer support team. If the bubble level that you received was broken upon arrival, please feel free to contact me directly at 773-756-5197 and I can go about sending you a replacement for the broken item. It will ship Fed-Ex overnight as soon as I receive a destination address.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while purchasing one of our mounts. It is my hope that we can address this situation and get you everything that you need.

Sincerely,

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Woot support, and they took care of me. Thanks, Woot!

After thinking a little more clearly, it makes sense that the weight of the TV is important, not the size. Since my TV is way under the max wight limit of the mount I purchased, I will use it and trust it fully. If it works out well, I'll definitely recommend Level Mount to other people.