WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Musical Instruments

Music: the purest form of art, the expression of the human soul, the single best way to express your innermost self... and to annoy your neighbors. And let's be honest, you've got some neighbors worth annoying.

Quality Posts

beekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beekay

does anyone if the kohala uke is a soprano, concert, tenor or baritone?

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
beekay wrote:does anyone if the kohala uke is a soprano, concert, tenor or baritone?

This is just a guess, but these kinds of kits are usually soprano; super-basic. The larger sizes are a smaller market, for whatever reason.

flyingleftwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flyingleftwing

anybody know what key the harmonica is?

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
flyingleftwing wrote:anybody know what key the harmonica is?

From the main product photo, it looks like it's "C":

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Hey, the roll-up drum kit is cheaper at Wal-Mart! By 16 cents, but still cheaper.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

sazar001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sazar001

What? no brass instruments? no woodwinds?

sazar001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sazar001

ok, so maybe the harmonica is a woodwind... but how about a bass clarinet?

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255
sazar001 wrote:ok, so maybe the harmonica is a woodwind... but how about a bass clarinet?

I have a Selmer Mark VI in storage I can sell you.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

A 99-dollar violin:

Let the comments comprised of 'trust me', 'I assure you', and 'my teacher', commence.

vladistov

miken927 wrote:Hey, the roll-up drum kit is cheaper at Wal-Mart! By 16 cents, but still cheaper.

Do hobos still stoop to pick up 16-cents?

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

Does anyone else appreciate the irony that you can't get the Ukulele for Dummies pack shipped to Hawaii? I guess they already have enough people playing the ukulele there.

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii
michael2255 wrote:I have a Selmer Mark VI in storage I can sell you.

for $99?

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

What?! No tamborine?!?! I can play the hell out of a tamborine! I want to be a professional tamborine player for Spoon.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

billyverde

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyverde
miken927 wrote:Hey, the roll-up drum kit is cheaper at Wal-Mart! By 16 cents, but still cheaper.

Yeah, but then you have to deal with the slimy, gross feeling of having bought something at Wal-Mart.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
fuzzypeaches wrote:What?! No tamborine?!?! I can play the hell out of a tamborine! I want to be a professional tamborine player for Spoon.

Tambourine is harder to play than most people realize..everyone thinks they can do it...but ask a real percussionist (not a kit drum player but a percussionist) how many can actually pull it off!

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

I wanna triangle!

allen02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allen02

anyone know who makes the violin? is it actually the same as the one in the video linked above?

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

I have the Kyser KG6B Quick Change Capo and I use that on my Ukulele.

So far I've been using it for almost a year now and still works fine. I really recommend this one if you're in need of a capo.

I think everyone should get one, professional or not. I like to change up the pitch (using a capo would make it higher) of the Ukulele or Guitar. It makes it cute at times.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

vladistov

allen02 wrote:anyone know who makes the violin? is it actually the same as the one in the video linked above?

It isn't; though I suppose it's not entirely impossible that it might be from the same factory. I can't speak for the product offered here; but these inexpensive violins can certainly be playable and suitable for learning on.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
webgenie wrote:Tambourine is harder to play than most people realize..everyone thinks they can do it...but ask a real percussionist (not a kit drum player but a percussionist) how many can actually pull it off!

I still want to be a professional tamborine player.....for Spoon.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I picked up one of those [bronze? orange? rust? colored] Retro Fire packs for Christmas for the older kids (11, 12 & 14). We actually used it as one of the early-open family presents. They absolutely loved it. I couldn't pry it out of their hands for days!

I'm no musician (I can play tapes; does that count??), but all three of the older kids are, as well as the wife. The only complaint I have heard so far was about the amp. One of the boys said "we should get a better amp".

Overall I'm super happy with the purchase. I did some looking around at a couple of the local music stores and for the price, I don't think you could beat these sets very easily.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67

Ah yes the old $99 violin again. Do yourself a favor and go to a teacher at least. Learning such a complex and difficult instrument from a book is just going to instill terrible habits that will be hard to break. Something as simple as holding your hand at slightly the wrong angle will have huge consequences down the road.

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

Half a dozen more guitars, and still no bass.

(That's ok, I bought one from Amazon last week.)

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Can the violin be changed for a lefty?

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

Still holding out for an authentic vuvuzela

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex
flyingleftwing wrote:anybody know what key the harmonica is?

I have this harmonica, it is indeed the key of C.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
djp519 wrote:Half a dozen more guitars, and still no bass.

(That's ok, I bought one from Amazon last week.)

Which one did you buy? A Sterling S.U.B. Ray, perhaps? Those are awesome basses for the money. I checked one out on the weekend at Guitar Center and it sounded great and was very easy to play.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
fuzzypeaches wrote:I still want to be a professional tamborine player.....for Spoon.

A. Ha! I'm pretty sure literally every song on Kill The Moonlight has tambourine on it.

B. Tambourine is harder than it looks. It's the worst when someone grabs one and starts flailing with it, because it cuts through everything else. All that can be heard is the metallic suck.

jamesnunn1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesnunn1976

I got 300$. I am looking for a guitar or something in a bundle. But mainly instruments in innovative hybrid rock band. Guitars,drum kits,recording gear. Etc.