shoes8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoes8

Just went through all of the Costco steps to order the discounted new model...out the door for $420.38 with shipping, tax, non-member surcharge, etc.

I am note sure but the WOOT price seems much better with the exact same warranty!

In for one!

redfame

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redfame
andrewmiguelez wrote:So if you are at all interested in this product and you're not sure if this is a good deal, let me help you out. From the RugDoctor website, a brand new one will cost you $600 and a refurbished (same as for sale here) will cost you $450. You do the math!

http://buy.rugdoctor.com/carpet-cleaners/mighty-pro-x3.html
http://buy.rugdoctor.com/carpet-cleaners-refurbished.html

I'm buying it right now.

When you add in the $90 for the attachment with the woot version, it gets very close!

Bellyflops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bellyflops
rantisdel wrote:I bought this on a previous woot offering to use at my martial arts school. It does a fantastic job at cleaning our carpets.I do have 4 major complaints about it though.
1) the handle is not very user friendly it is at an odd angle and is kind of short it really needs to be 2-3 inches longer.
2) The fill and empty buckets are clunky, there is no way to tell how much water you have left in the fill tank and even when the machine stops squirting water from the tank there is still a good bit in there.
3) there is no pour lip on the empty bucket and it has a very large lip that means some of the dirty water and particles stay in it.
4) The hook where you wrap the cord does not have any sort of release feature so you have to wind and unwind the cord and it is a pretty small spot so the cord stays pretty tightly wound.
Overall the machine does a great job and the design flaws are not deal breakers but they couldve made a good machine a great machine. Everything is pretty heavy duty and it seems like it is going to last for quite some time.

Great overview of weaknesses but I have one I would add - It is hard to hear the sound it makes when the clean water needs to be refilled over the motor noise. A red light or louder buzzer would be great.

George Hasko

MoltenSteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoltenSteel

I'd buy it in a second if I knew that it came with the upholstery tool. I don't think that it does though.

MoltenSteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoltenSteel
MoltenSteel wrote:I'd buy it in a second if I knew that it came with the upholstery tool. I don't think that it does though.

Still me... I found a refurb machine WITH tool for $355 delivered.

jmchargue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmchargue

Hey, can anyone tell me whether or not this includes the upholstery hose and tools?

jmchargue

redfame wrote:When you add in the $90 for the attachment with the woot version, it gets very close!

You can buy new through Sam's Club with the attachment for $399 plus $14 shipping, plus sales tax.

vecchiom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vecchiom

Does this come with the upholstery/stair tool?

dkocheljr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkocheljr

good machine, but it can't clean *under* anything less than 3' tall.

bonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bonkey

This does NOT come with any accessories. If you want the upholstery hose tool this is not a good deal. I placed an order for one of these on Woot on a prior offering when it was even less clear whether accessories were included (the description when first published said it did, then Woot edited the description to take the accessories out after I had ordered). Woot cancelled my order no problem, then I bought a brand new one at the big warehouse place for $50 more and it included the accessories.

I agree with most comments about how well this unit works, although I am not familiar with the forementioned Bissel. We have 2 cats with, um, gastronomical issues, so it is whipped out and used often and effectively.

It is well built with quality components, but crude. I am a design engineer and it looks like a prototype. The handle angle locking mechanism looks like something I'd make in my garage. It is also very top heavy.

jmchargue

MoltenSteel wrote:Still me... I found a refurb machine WITH tool for $355 delivered.

Where did you find it?

joppenheim15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joppenheim15

How is $300 a deal for this? You would need to use it atleast 9 times until it begins to pay for itself.

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless
chepnut wrote:I have actually been thinking about getting a rug doctor for the past couple of weeks. And now bam, here is one, now I just have to decide if I want a refurb or kick in another 100 bucks and get a new one

Where can you get a new one for $400 (with tax?)?

Local Wal-mart has it for $450 plus tax (another $40+).

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
auctionsaver wrote:You know, this could actually make carpet cleaning fun. Just imagine it is a small zamboni!

Except you pull it,not push it...

njitman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages njitman
CuzzinMerl wrote:This system certainly did receive a Seal of Approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute at their Platinum Level, but it doesn't seem to be alone in this category.

http://www.carpet-rug.org/commercial-customers/cleaning-and-maintenance/seal-of-approval-products/systems-list.cfm

They condition that recommendation with using their Oxy-Steam cleaner solution, which is $6 on amazon.

Never used one of these - have had a Hoover model for the past 5 years, which has worked well.

I agree with the comments on the clunkiness. They could have spent a little time/money and made it a little more appealing.

Also, I remember seeing an informerical for this model, it apparently kicked the snot out of several crappy models they ran it against - typical infomercial magic.

dutchcountry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dutchcountry
realitybytez wrote:yep. costco's deal is much better. brand new (not a refurb), and it includes:
-free shipping
-upholstery and stair tool with 12' hose
-96 oz. of oxy-steam carpet cleaner solution
-24 oz. urine eliminator solution

for only $50 more.

Unfortunately, the non member surcharge (20), tax (28) and shipping (20)... brings the total to $418.00

dutchcountry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dutchcountry

$355 (shipped) on Ebay... from authorized dealer. 5 year warranty and Upholstery Kit.

NVsmythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NVsmythe
MoltenSteel wrote:Still me... I found a refurb machine WITH tool for $355 delivered.

Where? post a link please.

Beatings will continue until moral improves.

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo
NVsmythe wrote:Where? post a link please.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281049908434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They have 6 left.

redshirtjason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redshirtjason

My Co-worker bought one of these the last time they were up on Woot! A bunch of us have borrowed and abused it and it continues to run strong. I have owned most of the other brands of carpet cleaners and this out performs them all and is FAR more reliable. $299 is the best price I could find anywhere including Sams club, costco, ebay, and the military exchange. Don't miss out on this deal.

stevegroves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevegroves

No attachments, at rug doctor the attachment tool is 89 bucks! Looking forward to a new toy!

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

Wow... this is the slowest Wootoff ever!

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
Soapie0 wrote:I absolutely have no interest in this product, but I gotta' say I'd be in for three if I really did get swept away by a certain Doctor! Love the write-up!! (Next time work in a love story between this Wooter and the tenth doctor and you've got yourself a deal!)

Hands off! The Tenth Doctor is mine. You can have Nine. Or Eleven. Or Tom "Tom's putting it in now" Baker.

franklincamboriu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franklincamboriu

Will never again buy anything else from this website. This cleaning machine arrived with missing parts and products. No where in this website woot.com did it say the machine was being sold without accessories which is usually sold with the machine. Tried to contact woot.com via email with no response. I do not recommend purchasing through this website as it is completely misleading. Will post this at amazon to spread the word to bring awareness. Look for products elsewhere if you I just don't know what went wrong. to be mislead.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
franklincamboriu wrote:Will never again buy anything else from this website. This cleaning machine arrived with missing parts and products. No where in this website woot.com did it say the machine was being sold without accessories which is usually sold with the machine. Tried to contact woot.com via email with no response. I do not recommend purchasing through this website as it is completely misleading. Will post this at amazon to spread the word to bring awareness. Look for products elsewhere if you I just don't know what went wrong. to be mislead.

Hey there,
If you didn't hear back from us, there's no need to despair - have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes things land in there.

If you have and there's nothing there, please mail support@woot.com again with your order number. Support would love to help out!

Let us know if you have any more problems, and so sorry for the trouble.

I'm just hanging out, really.

xnavygrump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnavygrump

Does a good job. Had a smaller bissell pro heat and this does a bit better. It does use a lot of soap !! It is a little clunky at first but once you are used to it and get comfortable with it it does fine. It doesn't come with any accessories but there is a coupon that gives codes to save $20.00 on the upholstery attachment if you buy it from them. All in all we are happy with it !!

crethem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crethem
xnavygrump wrote:...there is a coupon that gives codes to save $20.00 on the upholstery attachment if you buy it from them... !!

I received my Rug Doctor and it had the coupon for $20 off...but it expired on 12/31/2012. I tried to use the coupon code anyway, but it did not work. I tried to contact Rug Doctor via their support site to see if they would still honor the offer and received an automated response that they would reply in one business day...5 days ago. Has anyone else had this problem?

dcr_mo

crethem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crethem

...finally got a response from Rug Doctor. They are honoring the $20 coupon code through the end of January. Thank-you Rug Doctor!

dcr_mo