2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak EasyShare 14MP Digital Camera
$54.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

Just an observation that every cheap, Kodak camera I've had has stopped working even though I rarely took pictures. Nowadays my cameraphone is always with me and takes decent, 8 mg pix.

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

Amazonian owners voted a 4 stars of 5. PC Mag 2 1/2 of five dots, saying (as usual in this price range) that it wasn't great at low light and had (obviously) only 3x. Still, pics OK (they said) and 3" screen helpful.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cranky Doodle Donkeyrourke wrote:Amazonian owners voted a 4 stars of 5. PC Mag 2 1/2 of five dots, saying (as usual in this price range) that it wasn't great at low light and had (obviously) only 3x. Still, pics OK (they said) and 3" screen helpful.

Links would get you a quality post.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

here is a link to the users manual.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/pdf/en/manuals/urg01242/C1530_xUG_GLB_en.pdf

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Here is a user generated review of the camera.

[MOD: Embedded video for you.]

Robearlbms

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Robearlbms

I have the c180 easyshare(10mp). It looks almost identical. I bought it on Woot a couple of years ago for $50. It takes good pictures. I would buy another if I needed one. Not too crazy about AA batteries, though.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

I think the bright blue would be easy to find in my purse.

Not that I lose things ....just sayin'

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
ThunderThighs wrote:Links would get you a quality post.

Here are some links:

Now, about that above-average comment...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CuzzinMerl wrote:Here are some links:

Now, about that above-average comment...

Made me laugh out loud. Congrats.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wootgf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootgf

$79.99 on Amazon so even with $5 shipping, you're saving $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-C1530-Digital-Camera-White/dp/B004MB8302

Also I can't find the blue and green options on Amazon. For what that's worth.

Hrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hrel

This camera is lower quality than most modern smart phone camera's. The ONLY reasons I can think to buy this would be if you need a disposable camera (which then it becomes pricey) for use while your doing some activity where you expect things to get damaged or as a first camera for your young child. Perhaps to try and encourage an interest in photography. Get them started with this, let them play with the settings on the camera and software on a PC and if they still like it then get something with specs from this century.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Kodak EasyShare C1530 Instruction Manual

PC Mag Review

$79.99 @ Amazon for black, red & white

$69.99 for blue @ Wallyworld (out of stock)

Easyshare software is no longer available as a download and Kodak totally regrets any inconvenience that may cause you... So don't lose the disk!

Groupon had a Refurb for $39 in August of last year

Woot has it for $54.99 + $5 shipping right now & this would be the perfect way to make use of all those Sparkly Eneloop Rechargable Batteries

orchidluvr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orchidluvr
Robearlbms wrote:I have the c180 easyshare(10mp). It looks almost identical. I bought it on Woot a couple of years ago for $50. It takes good pictures. I would buy another if I needed one. Not too crazy about AA batteries, though.

I actually *like* the batteries. That way, I keep an extra couple in my pocket while on vacation. So much better than having to mess around with a charger, forgetting to charge the batteries, needing a camera and having no power. Personal preference I guess.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

3x optical zoom? Not bad for the price but you can't get much lower than that.
"Up to 2GB Limited by Memory Card Capacity"
That doesn't make much sense. Usually video cameras/camcorders limit the video file size to 4GB because most cameras require an SD card formatted with the FAT32 filesystem which limits file sizes to 4GB. Usually the firmware of the camera normalizes to 30 minutes per video file so you don't have to guess when 4GB has been reached.
But 2GB? Why?
And, for that matter, why don't new cameras support NTFS? Not saying this camera is new.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Enloops in these will give you 2-3x the shots in these.
Great for jobs and such.

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

So the share button means you still have to hook the camera up to your computer?

Darn. I was hoping these cameras had a wifi chip so the Share button actually shares.

Hoverboards, a cure for baldness, and that. I'm talking to you, scientists!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Hrel wrote:This camera is lower quality than most modern smart phone camera's. The ONLY reasons I can think to buy this would be if you need a disposable camera (which then it becomes pricey) for use while your doing some activity where you expect things to get damaged or as a first camera for your young child. Perhaps to try and encourage an interest in photography. Get them started with this, let them play with the settings on the camera and software on a PC and if they still like it then get something with specs from this century.

So, can you point me to the "smart" phone that has this high a resolution, built-in flash and zoom lens? "Links would be helpful."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

michael2255 wrote:Just an observation that every cheap, Kodak camera I've had has stopped working even though I rarely took pictures. Nowadays my cameraphone is always with me and takes decent, 8 mg pix.

How many cameras is "every?" 2? 5? and how many years ago did you buy them?

Just trying to add some meat to you claims.

I can say (honestly) that I had one Kodak go bad...but it's because I carried it in a cheap bag and cracked the screen.

I now have perhaps a half dozen used Kodaks (I like the older fixed focus 5 MP models for street photography) that I find used and still fully working.

Look at my article to see some fun examples: http://acpress.com/kodakfixedcams.html

radi0j0hn

danwat1234 wrote:3x optical zoom? Not bad for the price but you can't get much lower than that.
"Up to 2GB Limited by Memory Card Capacity"
That doesn't make much sense. Usually video cameras/camcorders limit the video file size to 4GB because most cameras require an SD card formatted with the FAT32 filesystem which limits file sizes to 4GB. Usually the firmware of the camera normalizes to 30 minutes per video file so you don't have to guess when 4GB has been reached.
But 2GB? Why?
And, for that matter, why don't new cameras support NTFS? Not saying this camera is new.

Specs say: "SD/SDHC (Up to 32GB)"

Several years ago the SD cards makers "improved" their cards , making them HCSD (high capacity).
Many earlier cameras cannot used the HCSD cards. Unless the camera is marked HCSD on the bottom, it won;t take anything bigger than 2 GB cards. This camera is a modern models, so I think something is being misunderstood.

Alan69

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Alan69
danwat1234 wrote: Usually the firmware of the camera normalizes to 30 minutes per video file so you don't have to guess when 4GB has been reached.

That isn't the purpose of the under 30 minute limit. If they record 30 minutes or more, they have to pay an extra tax in the UK. We just get stuck with their limitation, despite it not being needed here.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
michael2255 wrote:Just an observation that every cheap, Kodak camera I've had has stopped working even though I rarely took pictures. Nowadays my cameraphone is always with me and takes decent, 8 mg pix.

Did you check the batteries?;-)

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
Hrel wrote:This camera is lower quality than most modern smart phone camera's.

This is entirely inaccurate. you should at least think about what you post before you post it.

gak0090

jmbunkin wrote:Did you check the batteries?;-)

Funny- I was just about to make the same recommendation.

mygirlkat74

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mygirlkat74

I have a Kodak Easy share 10mp camera. I have owned it for 4 years, still works great, better than the 120 dollar Fuji one my mother has the pictures are clearer and the coloring it better. For a cheap, inexpensive camera this is great. I do have a high dollar, canon powershot that I use a lot too. But, this is a easy light weight camera I keep in a case in my purse all the time for those quick moments. I have owned three different high quality phones that is suppose to have good camera's on them. They do work good in sunlight, but not in low light conditions. This will work in all conditions. Better than most phone cameras. I have a 8mg card in mine it can hole up to 1 hour of recorded video, or 500 and something photo's.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

Kodak stopped making digital cameras in mid 2012. They used a well known Japanese company to design and produce their products. Kodak was late to the digital camera arena and had trouble catching up in market share and technology. They made some descent cameras.. but can't compete with some of the main stream companies. This camera is a descent buy.. good optics and resolution.. some shutter lag is its biggest drawback.. but for the price.. this camera is still competitive in price to performance.. can provide great pics and convenient to carry and use.. a descent deal by woot... IMO

Checker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Checker

I'm reaching out to the community for advice. Do you think I should get this one? Is it an upgrade to what I have now? I've had the Z915 for several years now and love it! It's a 10MP with 10x optical zoom. The only issue I've ever had with it was the battery cover was so hard to open that I broke one of the hooks that keeps it closed (the other hook still works). Other than that, it's a great camera! In fact, my wife and I got her dad the same model one year and he enjoys it a lot too.

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls

Is software *actually* included, or is it just a disc that guides you through registration and directs you to Kodak's site for download?

A couple reviewers of the 1530 said the software had to be downloaded, which makes me wary in light of Kodak no longer offering it.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1WR6K8G5UEU8V

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3NZNT3SXMWFFG

Ultimately, I suppose I can always pull the photos off manually once it's plugged into the computer, but it'd be nice to have the software.

gak0090

Kodak-brand digital cameras are heading back to the shelves.

Kodak on Monday announced it had signed a brand licensing agreement with JK Imaging, allowing the California-based company to use the Kodak name on various digital cameras, pocket video cameras and portable projectors.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/01/07/kodak-lends-name-new-digital-camera-maker/1813855/

sugarpearls

Checker wrote:I'm reaching out to the community for advice. Do you think I should get this one? Is it an upgrade to what I have now? I've had the Z915 for several years now and love it! It's a 10MP with 10x optical zoom. The only issue I've ever had with it was the battery cover was so hard to open that I broke one of the hooks that keeps it closed (the other hook still works). Other than that, it's a great camera! In fact, my wife and I got her dad the same model one year and he enjoys it a lot too.

Depends how much you use your zoom. Personally, I'd take 10MP with 10x optical zoom over 14MP with 3x optical zoom.

gak0090

sugarpearls wrote:Depends how much you use your zoom. Personally, I'd take 10MP with 10x optical zoom over 14MP with 3x optical zoom.

I think the Z915 is a better camera than this.

carverd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carverd
sugarpearls wrote:Is software *actually* included, or is it just a disc that guides you through registration and directs you to Kodak's site for download?

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20146/related/1/selected/true

No longer available on kodak's website as a download, and the camera to my knowledge does not come with the software. But it is available on various file share websites, and is still legal to use per kodak if that's what tickles your fancy:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring-tools/Digital-Album/Kodak-EasyShare-Software.shtml

The only thing that the easyshare software offers is a method to import pictures from the camera, and picture organization, which can be done manually, or with other software, such as Google's Picasa. Easyshare is a clunky software, and I would personally use a different method regardless.

sugarpearls

carverd wrote:http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20146/related/1/selected/true

No longer available on kodak's website as a download, and the camera to my knowledge does not come with the software. But it is available on various file share websites, and is still legal to use per kodak if that's what tickles your fancy:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring-tools/Digital-Album/Kodak-EasyShare-Software.shtml

The only thing that the easyshare software offers is a method to import pictures from the camera, and picture organization, which can be done manually, or with other software, such as Google's Picasa. Easyshare is a clunky software, and I would personally use a different method regardless.

Haha, actually, I had already been to softpedia (although I hadn't heard of it until this point) and read the horrendous reviews of EasyShare. I want the blue camera, but I was thinking I'd also pick one up for my dad, who isn't very tech-savvy when it comes to cameras (yet bizarrely loyal to the EasyShare I bought him in 2004 -- it is the size of a small boulder). Just felt a little weird at the idea of gifting something that didn't come with the software (however inferior). But I could probably bring him up to speed with Picasa, thanks for the advice.

dhandelsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhandelsman

I've had several Kodak digital cameras over the years -- some like this one and some a bit higher end. The quality is generally "meh". Ever one of these cameras has had problems to the point that I end up replacing it, and I won't be buying anymore Kodaks --assuming they make any new ones.

That being said, I'd still recommend a model like this one for kids. The price is good, and if the camera gets trashed you're only out about $50.

dbreiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbreiden

I never, as in never ever, got Easyshare to work with my daughter's phone. We lost the connecter cable that came with the phone, but it seems like any old USB cord with the right size plugs should work. And we never, as in never ever, managed to pull pictures off manually. Any suggestions on where to look for advice?

That experience has me leery of the Kodak brand.

carverd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carverd
dbreiden wrote:I never, as in never ever, got Easyshare to work with my daughter's phone. We lost the connecter cable that came with the phone, but it seems like any old USB cord with the right size plugs should work. And we never, as in never ever, managed to pull pictures off manually. Any suggestions on where to look for advice?

That experience has me leery of the Kodak brand.

You need to make sure that the USB cable that you are using supports power AND data transmission, as not all of them do. If the one in question does not, then that would explain why you can't pull pictures off manually (or through any means). If it does support data, then the camera should be visible in the "My Computer" area with the other storage devices. locate, and open the camera directory, and the pictures should be in a folder named "DCIM".

Other than that, you could insert an SD card, and use the camera's setting menu to move all of the files to the SD card (if not already on one). Once that's done you just need to plug the SD card into a computer and pull them off.

silverlake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverlake

I second that!

mowoot88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mowoot88

Anytime something Kodak comes up for sale the haters come out. IMO Kodak sensors have the richest color rendition. Many others feel the same way. I got my daughter a C195 last year for $35 at Tech4Less and while it feels cheap it survived 4 weeks of summer camp and the pictures came out nice. Sending her with some spare Eneloops made it a no brainer. I have had many Kodak digital cameras (and many Sony and Canon and Nikon and Fuji) so that is my basis for comparison.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234
Alan69 wrote:That isn't the purpose of the under 30 minute limit. If they record 30 minutes or more, they have to pay an extra tax in the UK. We just get stuck with their limitation, despite it not being needed here.

I've never heard of that! A tax?