WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Speakers Make Sound

We're not sure if you've heard of these "speaker" things before, but they're pretty amazing. Somehow they take sounds from tiny little discs and such, and turn them into real sounds. Obviously we're not experts on the subject, but suffice it to say that  if you haven't experienced "speakers" yet, prepare to have your mind blown. 

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Popular peddler Pinnacle provides phonic paraphernalia. Discuss!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo

I'm really enjoying the BD500 bookshelf speakers I got here the last time they were offered - using them as fronts at the moment for my 7.1 home theater setup. They sound really good and plan to eventually move them to side surrounds once I land some floor standing fronts.

Considering the baby boomer offered...to replace my older but still functional Onkyo htib sub.

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support here to answer any questions you may have. I am in the USA and have been with Pinnacle 8 years. Fire away. We are here to help.

jrenz88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrenz88
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support here to answer any questions you may have. I am in the USA and have been with Pinnacle 8 years. Fire away. We are here to help.

Do these sound bars require a receiver?

crazyswedishguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crazyswedishguy
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support here to answer any questions you may have. I am in the USA and have been with Pinnacle 8 years. Fire away. We are here to help.

I should have waited to ask you some questions, but I just bought the center channel and speakers anyway... Will I need a subwoofer with those? They seemed to not have great bass response (center channel at 75Hz, and speakers at 100Hz).

pinnaclespeakers

jrenz88 wrote:Do these sound bars require a receiver?

Hi. There are 2 SOUNDBARS in these exclusive WOOT only offers.
QP9W i is a superb passive (non powered) SPEAKERBAR and does require a receiver. It will cover all three front channels , left right and center. A subwoofer would be strongly recommended. Baby Boomer is our best overall subwoofer for music/thester/size and price, which is normally 3x this woot offer. The other option here is the FRONT ROW 2.1 Powered System which DOES NOT need a receiver. This product plugs directly to your TV set with a toslink cable (included) and works from the remote control (also included). So, I hope that answers your questions.

pinnaclespeakers

crazyswedishguy wrote:I should have waited to ask you some questions, but I just bought the center channel and speakers anyway... Will I need a subwoofer with those? They seemed to not have great bass response (center channel at 75Hz, and speakers at 100Hz).

The short answer is YES! We recommend a subwoofer with any home thester music system anyway, however, in this instance the center and shelf speakers low end range is about 50HZ(I assume you bought BD 500)so a subwoofer is definately needed. Now, we think the Baby Boomer (especially at this price) is a steal and perfectly matched for the center and shelf speakers you bought. The double 8" drivers will blend well to the driver size in the center and shelf speakers. Working together, we are quite certain you will be amazed with the selections you made. The Baby Boomer is not particularly placement sensitive, so it can work well in a corner, or in front of the TV, against any wall or free-standing in the room. If you selected SFITLCR250 than those as well should mate with the subwoofer. Enjoy your products!

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:The short answer is YES! We recommend a subwoofer with any home thester music system anyway, however, in this instance the center and shelf speakers low end range is about 50HZ(I assume you bought BD 500)so a subwoofer is definately needed. Now, we think the Baby Boomer (especially at this price) is a steal and perfectly matched for the center and shelf speakers you bought. The double 8" drivers will blend well to the driver size in the center and shelf speakers. Working together, we are quite certain you will be amazed with the selections you made. The Baby Boomer is not particularly placement sensitive, so it can work well in a corner, or in front of the TV, against any wall or free-standing in the room. If you selected SFITLCR250 than those as well should mate with the subwoofer. Enjoy your products!

Taking another look we see you selected SFITCTR 350 and SFITLCR250, and our answer is the same, strongly advise you pick up this subwoofer.

crazyswedishguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crazyswedishguy
pinnaclespeakers wrote:The short answer is YES! We recommend a subwoofer with any home thester music system anyway, however, in this instance the center and shelf speakers low end range is about 50HZ(I assume you bought BD 500)so a subwoofer is definately needed. Now, we think the Baby Boomer (especially at this price) is a steal and perfectly matched for the center and shelf speakers you bought. The double 8" drivers will blend well to the driver size in the center and shelf speakers. Working together, we are quite certain you will be amazed with the selections you made. The Baby Boomer is not particularly placement sensitive, so it can work well in a corner, or in front of the TV, against any wall or free-standing in the room. If you selected SFITLCR250 than those as well should mate with the subwoofer. Enjoy your products!

Indeed, I got the S-FIT LCR 250 and not the BD500, because I didn't feel like spending an excessive amount of money today (I also had to buy a receiver...). I figure that if I upgrade my front speakers, I can move the S-FIT LCR 250 speakers to the rear.

pinnaclespeakers

bobdo wrote:I'm really enjoying the BD500 bookshelf speakers I got here the last time they were offered - using them as fronts at the moment for my 7.1 home theater setup. They sound really good and plan to eventually move them to side surrounds once I land some floor standing fronts.

Considering the baby boomer offered...to replace my older but still functional Onkyo htib sub.

We are glad you are enjoying BD 500. We can say with certaintly that as great as they sound by themselves, adding the BABY BOOMER would add another dimension to the sound experience. We also can assure you that when you purchase the set of floor standing towers, the Baby Boomer would also add a considerable increase in both volume and depth of bass. Especially since most all tower designs today are slender and therefore use 4-6.5" bass drivers. So, we think adding the Baby Boomer now will be a great addition. Later when you purchase the towers (we have a number of very good ones) the Baby Boomer is still an excellent overall match at that time.

pinnaclespeakers

Pinnacle Suggestion. QP9W with baby Boomer, and SFITLCR 250 rear is an excellent combination, especially for rooms up to 400 sq' (20x 20). If you want 3 separate enclosures consider 3 SFITCTR 350 as front left and front right and center channel, along with Baby Boomer for Subwoofer and SFITLCR 250 as rear. So, SFITCTR350 can be used as a front left and right channel as well as center. We think 1 clever Wooter already chose that configuration.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

General suggestion.

How bout we start selling some speaker wire too. These are nice speakers, I would hate to see them ruined with stock gauge wire being used for a room that is too large.

kthxbye

pinnaclespeakers

countdown wrote:General suggestion.

How bout we start selling some speaker wire too. These are nice speakers, I would hate to see them ruined with stock gauge wire being used for a room that is too large.

kthxbye

Pinnacle Recommends 14 gauge wire but you can also feel free to work with 16 gauge wire for runs of 20' or less. We would not recommend 18 or 20 gauge wire,......cost of 14 and 16 gauge is already very inexpensive

diannetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diannetta

Hey There Pinnacle,
I am looking at the Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210. Was wondering if this sound bar has a HDMI hookup?

For example if I want to connect my cable & blu ray through the speaker and then wire it to the TV.

Any help is always appreacited!

praskulk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages praskulk

Would the QP9 soundbar be enough for the purpose of watching TV, or do I need to pair it up with a subwoofer?

pinnaclespeakers

praskulk wrote:Would the QP9 soundbar be enough for the purpose of watching TV, or do I need to pair it up with a subwoofer?

Model QP9W is excelent as a significant acoustic upgrade to any TV. For TV watching alone, this is exceptionally good.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Model QP9W is excelent as a significant acoustic upgrade to any TV. For TV watching alone, this is exceptionally good.

Keep in mind it needs a stereo Reciever. For just slightly more money you can get the Front Row 2.1 system which is very simple to hook up directly to your TV and does include a subwoofer.

Either is a fine choice.

gfreek12000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gfreek12000

Can I use the LCR 250's for rears in surround sound system ? Already bought a pair of the BD 500's last time..

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Can you compare the sound of the PS Sub 225 with the baby boomer? What would be 'different'? For which scenario to recommend which of those? (I own the 225)

gregory280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregory280

So I'm very interested in the qp9 or the 2.1 system I'm looking for something to watch sports and so on which would u reccomend

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

I pulled the trigger on the Baby Boomer. I've wanted a sub for a while & didn't want to settle for mediocrity even though SWMBO insists that any speakers going into our living room must be "small". I think the Baby Boomer fits the bill.

Right now I have an "odds & ends" HT setup which includes a pair of Pinnacle AC 650s that I have wired in series as a center channel. I'd like to get a true center channel speaker and use the AC 650s as my left and right front speakers. Any chance the BD 200, 300, or 600 might show up in a future Woot deal?

You can tell me--I'm good at keeping secrets, I swear!

pinnaclespeakers

gfreek12000 wrote:Can I use the LCR 250's for rears in surround sound system ? Already bought a pair of the BD 500's last time..

Yes Abbsolutely, a perfect choice for rears!

jimsepulveda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimsepulveda

Would anyone characterize the Front Row Sys 8210's sound as good/great? I am afraid, from the size of the unit, that it will simply will sound small. How has it compared to similar units from Yamaha, Haier, Polk, etc.?

pinnaclespeakers

andreaserben wrote:Can you compare the sound of the PS Sub 225 with the baby boomer? What would be 'different'? For which scenario to recommend which of those? (I own the 225)

Well, they are very different and I will do my best. Each is a very different design approach, BABY BOOMER is a sealed (non-ported) dual driver system with a very high powered amplifier. It is desgined for deep bass and accurate bass for Music,and sound effects in movies. The PSSUB 225 is a larger ported (vented) design that is designed for more volume of bass and particularly in large rooms. So, Baby Boomer is more accurate, deeper in bass response, but not as loud as PSSUB 225 which is designed for Large rooms with cathedral ceilings that need a volume of area filled with Bass. Baby boomer is an audiophile class product.

pinnaclespeakers

jimsepulveda wrote:Would anyone characterize the Front Row Sys 8210's sound as good/great? I am afraid, from the size of the unit, that it will simply will sound small. How has it compared to similar units from Yamaha, Haier, Polk, etc.?

Pinnacle can say in regards to this, that we feel quite comfortabl comparing well to products like Boston Acoustics TVEE 30 or higher priced Polk IHT systems. We believe we have a first rate product and at this WOOT special, bear in mind that the promo pricing is deceptively low in relation to the value of what you get.

jimsepulveda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimsepulveda
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Pinnacle can say in regards to this, that we feel quite comfortabl comparing well to products like Boston Acoustics TVEE 30 or higher priced Polk IHT systems. We believe we have a first rate product and at this WOOT special, bear in mind that the promo pricing is deceptively low in relation to the value of what you get.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MB8000 package I bought here a few years back. I am just concerned I am underpowering the next room Are there any review sites (3rd party/consumer) you can mention? I can't find any anywhere.

pinnaclespeakers

sixfofalcon wrote:I pulled the trigger on the Baby Boomer. I've wanted a sub for a while & didn't want to settle for mediocrity even though SWMBO insists that any speakers going into our living room must be "small". I think the Baby Boomer fits the bill.

Right now I have an "odds & ends" HT setup which includes a pair of Pinnacle AC 650s that I have wired in series as a center channel. I'd like to get a true center channel speaker and use the AC 650s as my left and right front speakers. Any chance the BD 200, 300, or 600 might show up in a future Woot deal?

You can tell me--I'm good at keeping secrets, I swear!

We cannot predict, but BD 300 is possible. We think SFITCTR 350 is an excellent match with AC650. For $69.00 you have no risk at all. And these offers come and go.

pinnaclespeakers

jimsepulveda wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love the MB8000 package I bought here a few years back. I am just concerned I am underpowering the next room Are there any review sites (3rd party/consumer) you can mention? I can't find any anywhere.

FRONTROW 2.1 system is brand new, just released a few months ago. It is designed to be a excellent solution to today's flat panel TV's which are widely known to have little to no meaningful acoustics. Wonderful pictures, no acoustics. Some people want a convenient high quality solution to their TV and this is an excellent choice. It is also excellent for music. But, if you want a full home theater music system sticking with a 5.1 format is best. If you want a night and day upgrade for a flat panel TV and want to also enjoy music, then the FrontRow system is designed for that + incredible ease of hook-up and a remote. No speaker wires which is important to many people. If you have an apartment, small room, want a great plug and play solution that takes up virtually no space, the FRONT ROW is superb in fidelity, accuracy and detail. As we said, if you want a full 5.1 home theater music system you would need more products. We hope that helps.

theblum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theblum

In for (1) ... can't beat $269 for an $800 sound bar ....

pinnaclespeakers

diannetta wrote:Hey There Pinnacle,
I am looking at the Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210. Was wondering if this sound bar has a HDMI hookup?

For example if I want to connect my cable & blu ray through the speaker and then wire it to the TV.

Any help is always appreacited!

It has toslink connection to the TV and a variety of other inputs. I believe the answer is yes to hooking up the Blue Ray but I will confirm with our engineering department to be sure. I will get back to you tomorrow. Arin, Pinnacle Speakers

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:It has toslink connection to the TV and a variety of other inputs. I believe the answer is yes to hooking up the Blue Ray but I will confirm with our engineering department to be sure. I will get back to you tomorrow. Arin, Pinnacle Speakers

As I thought, the answer to your question regarding Blue Ray and MP3 hook-ups is YES, but not with HDMI as that is not needed. Your Blue Ray gets hooked up to the TV itself. Below is the answer from Pinnacle Engineering dept:

There is no HDMI input on the soundbar as it is not needed.

To properly setup your system all video devices should be connected directly to your TV, NOT the soundbar, and then your TV's audio output (digital or analog) connected to the Soundbar.

The extra inputs on the soundbar are for other audio only sources (mp3/CD players, etc.) not video sources as these are best handled by the TV itself.

pinnaclespeakers

To Woot Community considering our FRONT ROW 8210 2.1 System: A special and convenient feature of this product is you can play music through your MP3 player or similar devise by hooking it directly to our SOUNDBAR> So, if you have your music library stored in an MP3, our FRONT ROW SYSTEM 8210 allows easy connectivity between MP3 and the SOUNDBAR.

vademo0o

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o

I am really interested in "Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System" I live in a 1 room small apartment and do not have enough space for 5.1. I am looking for 2.1 system and am about to end up with Samsung HW-E450ZA. However, it seems like this set is really good so I am unstable. Does it have HDMI connection? How strong is the bass? and how rich is the sound quality? I found very little information about the company so where can I find customer reviews?

buy4me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buy4me

Why the much shorter warranty time on the system 8210 Front Row? The rest seem to have 7 years or more, this has only 2.

DaveTheWave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaveTheWave

Arin,
Just pulled the trigger on the 9-Element Sound Bar and the Baby Boomer. I will be looking to mount the sound bar on the wall. Any suggestions on a wall mount for your speaker?

Looks like you guys have a number of them listed here http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/pivotbrackets.html

EDIT
FAIL on my part, I see it includes the "slide fit" wall mount. OPPS.

droogow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages droogow

Anyone know if there is any problems with the sound from the soundbar and the picture from the tv syncing up? I have a samsung soundbar and have issues with a delay between the picture and sound.

Dreadan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dreadan

Will a wireless router close by cause any kind of interference with the 8210 wireless sub?

vademo0o

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o

Hi there,
I have another questions. What is the weight for 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System. Also, which one is better for a small living room "2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System" or "Pinnacle Speakers 20% Cooler 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar"? Thanks

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

is the 9 element sound bar on here the same as this one on amazon? looking for reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083LKDA

I always did like yardsales.