bengwal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bengwal

I'm looking at the 8210. You mentione a TOSlink digital input. Should I assume no COAX input then? Unfortunately, this is all my TV puts out (aside from RCAs).
thanks.

tdejournett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdejournett

Are the lcr 250, ctr 350, and bd500's timbre matched?

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Well, they are very different and I will do my best. Each is a very different design approach, BABY BOOMER is a sealed (non-ported) dual driver system with a very high powered amplifier. It is desgined for deep bass and accurate bass for Music,and sound effects in movies. The PSSUB 225 is a larger ported (vented) design that is designed for more volume of bass and particularly in large rooms. So, Baby Boomer is more accurate, deeper in bass response, but not as loud as PSSUB 225 which is designed for Large rooms with cathedral ceilings that need a volume of area filled with Bass. Baby boomer is an audiophile class product.


Thank you for the comparison.


The rated frequency response according to your website is 23hz. Is that DIN (-3 db)?

I already own the PS Sub 225 (waiting to be set up), two Polk PSW505 (same room), one Polk PSW10 (different room) and one Paradigm 110 CT Sub.
One room is not set up yet at all (so all subs will be used in 3 different rooms).
Thinking about how to improve my overall system.
Suggestions?

Baby Boomer sounds interesting or I could wait if you will put the SuperSonic on sale in the future again.
Thinking about e.g. combining baby boomer with one of the Polk PSW505s so I get accuracy and punch or would the Polk's vented design (or any sub with vented design) 'blurr' the overall sound?


A simplified view if looking inside your own product line - if I understand it correctly and disregarding size as relevant:
Baby Boomer, bested by SuperSonic, bested by Rhino-12, bested by Rhino-15


A bit unrelated:
Also I found an article from 2009 talking about the Black Rhino series, yet your website lists the woofers as 'coming 2013' - is this an overhaul or were there unavailable before or only available to customer installers?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

luke975 wrote:is the 9 element sound bar on here the same as this one on amazon? looking for reviews.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083LKDA



Close but ours is the wood grain veneer:
http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/quantumplasma9wood.html

Here is the one you linked from Amazon: http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/quantumplasma9.html




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vademo0o


quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o

Does anyone know about Pinnacle's customer service? Is it reliable?

vademo0o


quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o

Can anyone recommend a good 2.1 sound system for a small living room?

sixfofalcon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon
vademo0o wrote:Does anyone know about Pinnacle's customer service? Is it reliable?


Reading through this thread on AVS Forum and hearing stories from people who have dealt with Pinnacle first-hand tells me that their CS is pretty good:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1185088/pinnacle-speakers-official-page

The fact that Arin is here in the Woot community answering questions for us is a good sign, too!

ghostofdavid


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

I'm putting together my first stereo surround sound as an adult. I bought one as a kid with my paper route money and it was nice but tech has changed so much. I just picked up a Pioneer VSX-822-K at Best Buy for 75 bucks!!!

But now I have no speakers. Would this subwoofer work for my large living room? Ceiling isn't cathedral style but it is a pretty big room. I don't know anything about speakers. How serious of a sub is this?

Suck it, Trebek.

Sailnut


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sailnut

Well, I am in for one of the Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210. I have been watching and reading on powered sound bars for over a year. There is not any reviews that I can find on this baby but the spec, features and assocs look great to me. Way to go Woot!!

Sailnut

sn95nik


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sn95nik

I'm looking to start building a system, and I'm just curious...

How would these speakers, in particular the sub and the bookshelves, match up to the Onkyo receiver that is on Woot today, if I wanted to upgrade those components?

bobdo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo
pinnaclespeakers wrote:We are glad you are enjoying BD 500. We can say with certaintly that as great as they sound by themselves, adding the BABY BOOMER would add another dimension to the sound experience. We also can assure you that when you purchase the set of floor standing towers, the Baby Boomer would also add a considerable increase in both volume and depth of bass. Especially since most all tower designs today are slender and therefore use 4-6.5" bass drivers. So, we think adding the Baby Boomer now will be a great addition. Later when you purchase the towers (we have a number of very good ones) the Baby Boomer is still an excellent overall match at that time.



I went ahead and got the Baby Boomer, and the 3 element LCR (for rears)...I'm sure I'll be happy with the upgrade. Now if you guys will sell some tower fronts through Woot, I'll be in audio heaven!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
vademo0o wrote:I am really interested in "Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System" I live in a 1 room small apartment and do not have enough space for 5.1. I am looking for 2.1 system and am about to end up with Samsung HW-E450ZA. However, it seems like this set is really good so I am unstable. Does it have HDMI connection? How strong is the bass? and how rich is the sound quality? I found very little information about the company so where can I find customer reviews?



Hi, Good morning. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers to assist with any questions. First, The FRONT ROW 2.1 8210 System is a serious Audio performer and would be ideal for your small living room. The Subwoofer (Wireless) uses a special double bass driver configuration to acheive considerable more bass from a small footprint enclosure.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/frsys8210.com

HDMI hook-up is not necessary nor included. Hook-up on our Bar is a simple toslink cable (included) that runs directly from the SOUNDBAR to the TV. That's the hook-up process!
I would add that Pinnacle President is in charge of Engineering. Rich is himself a musician, audiophile, and founder of Pinnacle. That means we are driven from the engineering department top down. In our 37 year history, we only make exceptional audio performing speakers. Now-a-days, convenient features like easy hook-up, wireless subs and MP3 compatibility are important. Pinnacle never strays from our roots of making first class audio performers first. The beautiful aesthitics and easy usability conveniences are all bonus.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
buy4me wrote:Why the much shorter warranty time on the system 8210 Front Row? The rest seem to have 7 years or more, this has only 2.



All Electronics from Pinnacle carry a 2-year warranty, where industry standards are 3 months to 1 year. So, our Powered products have a long warranty for the class of product. All our Passive Speakers (non Amplified) have warranties of 7-10 years.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
sn95nik wrote:I'm looking to start building a system, and I'm just curious...

How would these speakers, in particular the sub and the bookshelves, match up to the Onkyo receiver that is on Woot today, if I wanted to upgrade those components?



We believe our Bookshelf products and BABY BOOMER would be a very excellent start and a serious one to any music/home theater system. Our products have always blended well to Onkyo.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
droogow wrote:Anyone know if there is any problems with the sound from the soundbar and the picture from the tv syncing up? I have a samsung soundbar and have issues with a delay between the picture and sound.



There will be no delay issues with our SOUNDBAR and the TV picture.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Dreadan wrote:Will a wireless router close by cause any kind of interference with the 8210 wireless sub?



Hi,

No. The SOUNDBAR and WIRELESS subwoofer run from their own frequency and remote.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
bengwal wrote:I'm looking at the 8210. You mentione a TOSlink digital input. Should I assume no COAX input then? Unfortunately, this is all my TV puts out (aside from RCAs).
thanks.



I believe the RCA inputs will work. We designed the FRONTROW 8210 system to work with all Older sets, not just new ones. I will confirm with our engineering department.

Dragyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragyn

very close to pulling the trigger on the 5.1 system. I've been upgrading the home theater over the past few months via woot. I picked up the Pioneer VSX-1022-K last month, how would that 5.1 system do with that receiver? I am NO audiophile, but I know a thing or two. By my calcs it looks like it would match up OK with room to add the full 7.1 later. At this point ANYTHING will be better than my Yamaha HTIB set up I'm currently rocking....

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
tdejournett wrote:Are the lcr 250, ctr 350, and bd500's timbre matched?



Yes they are all compatible and timbre matched.

chado006


quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006

This is a tough decision. I'm replacing a full 5.1 setup with large tower speakers with a soundbar because of spacial issues. It's not a traditional soundbar but I've been really leaning towards the larger ZVox 580 because of the reviews it gets, especially for music, which is where traditional soundbars come in lacking. Anybody have any idea how this sounds in that area?

One thing that could help me in my decision is how quickly are these shipped? I just bought a flat panel TV and now need a sound bar for Super Bowl leaving me less than two weeks... Would I receive it in Wyoming before the 3rd?

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
andreaserben wrote:Thank you for the comparison.


The rated frequency response according to your website is 23hz. Is that DIN (-3 db)?

I already own the PS Sub 225 (waiting to be set up), two Polk PSW505 (same room), one Polk PSW10 (different room) and one Paradigm 110 CT Sub.
One room is not set up yet at all (so all subs will be used in 3 different rooms).
Thinking about how to improve my overall system.
Suggestions?

Baby Boomer sounds interesting or I could wait if you will put the SuperSonic on sale in the future again.
Thinking about e.g. combining baby boomer with one of the Polk PSW505s so I get accuracy and punch or would the Polk's vented design (or any sub with vented design) 'blurr' the overall sound?


A simplified view if looking inside your own product line - if I understand it correctly and disregarding size as relevant:
Baby Boomer, bested by SuperSonic, bested by Rhino-12, bested by Rhino-15


A bit unrelated:
Also I found an article from 2009 talking about the Black Rhino series, yet your website lists the woofers as 'coming 2013' - is this an overhaul or were there unavailable before or only available to customer installers?



Hi, Frequency response is rated @ -3db, so bass is quite low.

Black Rhino are being re-released in 2014 pricing from $3,000-$6000

Progression is correct, except we are not offering SUPERSONIC now.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Frequency response is rated @ -3db, so bass is quite low.

Black Rhino are being re-released in 2014 pricing from $3,000-$6000

Progression is correct, except we are not offering SUPERSONIC now.



AND:, no problem matching vented front speakers with our sealed BABY BOOMER. We design the product with the knowledge it will be mated to many types of designs in the market. No worries, plus the Baby Boomer has many controls that can allow tailoring of the sound.



dzubak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dzubak

I am saving up my money to buy a Klipsch Icon SB1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer. It is the same setup as the Front Row 8210, but I am VERY skeptical about buying the Front Row without listen to a Pinnacle product. I looked on the Pinnacle website and the dealers in my area have either all shut down or the numbers are bad. If I purchase the product and don't like the sound, what are my options for returning?

lrbuchanan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrbuchanan

We currently have a receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer. We don’t get good center channel sound. Can we add the QP9 sound bar to our current system? Or use it to replace the front 3 speakers? (sorry to be an audio blank flank)

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
vademo0o wrote:Does anyone know about Pinnacle's customer service? Is it reliable?



Hi Arin with Pinnacle Speakers in the USA here. I can tell you this, we are in our 37th year and only 1 speaker company that is independantly owned and operated is older than Pinnacle. We have old fashioned personnal customer service, family owned and operated. We are very proud of that. As you can see from the many posts here, we respond to customers and do so personally in most cases.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
lrbuchanan wrote:We currently have a receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer. We don’t get good center channel sound. Can we add the QP9 sound bar to our current system? Or use it to replace the front 3 speakers? (sorry to be an audio blank flank)



Thank you for the good question. The QP9W will replace all 3 of your front channel speakers and do so impressively!
It is an exceptional performer. A steal at this price too.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
dzubak wrote:I am saving up my money to buy a Klipsch Icon SB1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer. It is the same setup as the Front Row 8210, but I am VERY skeptical about buying the Front Row without listen to a Pinnacle product. I looked on the Pinnacle website and the dealers in my area have either all shut down or the numbers are bad. If I purchase the product and don't like the sound, what are my options for returning?



Hi, we have sold millions of speakers over our 37 year history. We almost never receive a return for a disatisfied sound, but we abide by whatever WOOT policies are.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
chado006 wrote:This is a tough decision. I'm replacing a full 5.1 setup with large tower speakers with a soundbar because of spacial issues. It's not a traditional soundbar but I've been really leaning towards the larger ZVox 580 because of the reviews it gets, especially for music, which is where traditional soundbars come in lacking. Anybody have any idea how this sounds in that area?

One thing that could help me in my decision is how quickly are these shipped? I just bought a flat panel TV and now need a sound bar for Super Bowl leaving me less than two weeks... Would I receive it in Wyoming before the 3rd?



To our understanding Woot ships immediately.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pinnaclespeakers wrote:To our understanding Woot ships immediately.



(Although we do ask that people allow up to five business days for processing/shipping.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

chado006


quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006
inkycatz wrote:(Although we do ask that people allow up to five business days for processing/shipping.)



Knew that was coming!

kappabear


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kappabear

Like many others, I'm also interested in the Pinnacle SYS 8210 Sound Bar. I'd like to be able to hook it up to my TV, DVD player and my AppleTV. How many inputs does the device have? (I can't tell from the photo or from the specs). How would you suggest that I accomplish this?

Thanks!

vademo0o


quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support here to answer any questions you may have. I am in the USA and have been with Pinnacle 8 years. Fire away. We are here to help.



First, I really appreciate your help and have a feeling that it will be a good purchase. Right now, I am debating between "20% Cooler 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar" and "8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel " Which one is a better option for a small living room? I will trust your experience and purchase your recommendation

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
ghostofdavid wrote:I'm putting together my first stereo surround sound as an adult. I bought one as a kid with my paper route money and it was nice but tech has changed so much. I just picked up a Pioneer VSX-822-K at Best Buy for 75 bucks!!!

But now I have no speakers. Would this subwoofer work for my large living room? Ceiling isn't cathedral style but it is a pretty big room. I don't know anything about speakers. How serious of a sub is this?



The main question is how large is the actual LISTENING AREA, as opposed to total room size. Typically you will have an established listening area. And so, as long as that is 400 sq' or less, and that is conservative, the BABY BOOMER is quite exceptional. We do believe we indeed have a very serious subwoofer. Many folks have paid over $1,000 for this product installed. In checking the technical specifications to the Pioneer receiver you selected, it is compatible with our BABY BOOMER subwoofer.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
vademo0o wrote:First, I really appreciate your help and have a feeling that it will be a good purchase. Right now, I am debating between "20% Cooler 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar" and "8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel " Which one is a better option for a small living room? I will trust your experience and purchase your recommendation



If the primary purpose is music listening and Movie watching than the 2.1 FRONT ROW 8210 System is a better choice. If you want a full 5.1 Theater system than the QP9W is an excellent building block for the entire 5.1 system. Also, you do not need a receiver for the FRONT ROW SYSTEM, and you need a 5.1 stereo receiver for the QP9W. If this is for a small area and you want great sound, quick and easy set-up, we think the FRONT ROW 2.1 system is best.
If you plan to have a more advanced 5.1 system, than the QP9W is best.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
kappabear wrote:Like many others, I'm also interested in the Pinnacle SYS 8210 Sound Bar. I'd like to be able to hook it up to my TV, DVD player and my AppleTV. How many inputs does the device have? (I can't tell from the photo or from the specs). How would you suggest that I accomplish this?

Thanks!



Hi, we are verifying with our engineering department to answer your questions accurately. We will get you these answers as soon as we can.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
bengwal wrote:I'm looking at the 8210. You mentione a TOSlink digital input. Should I assume no COAX input then? Unfortunately, this is all my TV puts out (aside from RCAs).
thanks.



Hi, we checked with Pinnacle engineering and have a positive response for you. Your TV will connect to our SOUNDBAR without coaxial in-put Please see full details from Pinnacle Engineering below,

The FRONT ROW 8210 system has 1 optical (aka toslink) digital input and 3 1/8" stereo analog inputs; no coaxial digital input (only philips & sanyo tvs seem to have these style outputs).

You would use your TVs RCA outputs to connect to our SOUNDBAR the bar (which is really no problem or disadvantage)




vanevenhoven


quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

I've mentioned a bunch of times how I love my Pinnacle speakers. But note that the customer service is equally fantastic. If you're on the fence, buy. I have a juiced up 7.2 system in the living room, and I just installed a 5.1 in the office.

For the left front, center, and right front, I used the QP9. I had high expectations, but I was blown away. I also used the baby boomer sub (and then a pair of Polks for the surround). I matched it with the Onkyo receiver that was for sale a few weeks ago for the ridiculous price of $139, and the "office system" is better than most main systems for much less cash.

In short, buy. Particularly the QP9. The BD500s are a steal at $200, but sold out.

vanevenhoven


quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

ThunderThighs,

I bought 2 of the 9 element bars last time around (the november offer) and paid $219 for each. I see price adjustments more often lately, and would ask if this would qualify. Please note, I would simply turn around and buy more stuff from Woot!, but dang it, I'd like the match to $179.

What do you say, can I have my $80 back?

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
vanevenhoven wrote:ThunderThighs,

I bought 2 of the 9 element bars last time around (the november offer) and paid $219 for each. I see price adjustments more often lately, and would ask if this would qualify. Please note, I would simply turn around and buy more stuff from Woot!, but dang it, I'd like the match to $179.

What do you say, can I have my $80 back?


We humble mods can't make price adjustments for you, but if you want to discuss it with support@woot.com, you're entirely welcome to.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, we are verifying with our engineering department to answer your questions accurately. We will get you these answers as soon as we can.



And here's the answer:

The Front Row SYS 8210 soundbar includes PCM Optical Digital Input & (3) Stereo Line Level Inputs.

To setup your system you'll be connecting all video devices, inclusive of Apple TV, directly to your TV, NOT the soundbar, and then your TV's audio output (digital or analog) connected to the Soundbar.