bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo
spotter5 wrote:I don't have a receiver -- will the Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System be able to play CDs through my DVD player without a receiver?

Pretty sure it will if you have your DVD player going in to the tv (you know to watch movies,) then the tv out into the soundbar. So you'll get dvd sound when watching movies/tv, and if you put a CD in the dvd player, it's sound will also come out of the soundbar.

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
bobdo wrote:Pretty sure it will if you have your DVD player going in to the tv (you know to watch movies,) then the tv out into the soundbar. So you'll get dvd sound when watching movies/tv, and if you put a CD in the dvd player, it's sound will also come out of the soundbar.

Bobdo is correct!

t5jabroni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t5jabroni

I'm looking to get a new center channel speaker. I was eyeballing the CTR350, but the qp9 intrigues me.I saw your comment how placing the left and right speaker at a distance apart is optimal and I have my left and right channels wall mounted high and far apart from each other. That being said could you wire the qp9 to act as one big center channel? Would that even work or sound good?

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload
t5jabroni wrote:I'm looking to get a new center channel speaker. I was eyeballing the CTR350, but the qp9 intrigues me.I saw your comment how placing the left and right speaker at a distance apart is optimal and I have my left and right channels wall mounted high and far apart from each other. That being said could you wire the qp9 to act as one big center channel? Would that even work or sound good?

It's what I'm doing. You can twist the wires together to make it one big speaker, but make sure your amp can handle it.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

pinnaclespeakers

mboverload wrote:It's what I'm doing. You can twist the wires together to make it one big speaker, but make sure your amp can handle it.

Interesting. The wires will go from center section of QP9W to center channel out from Receiver. Then jump wires directly from the QP9W center to the QP9left and right inputs. So, one output from the receiver, then feeds all 3 inputs on the QP9W............but, as the last smart Wooter said, make sure your amp can handle what will become a impedance load of about 3 ohms..............after you receive the item, please direct any additional questions to us and we will work with you. Clever!

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo
bobdo wrote:Ordered the 3-Element LCR's on Thursday (approx. 10am - I forget) - FedEX just delivered them at 10:45am!

Baby Boomer also ordered at that time...being shipped by UPS...not expected until Tuesday :/ - still pretty quick though!

I gotta say these LCR's are a big upgrade to what I had going on..as just side surrounds....for $85

Pinnacle put some Front floor standing up for sale here, I'm in!

pinnaclespeakers

bobdo wrote:I gotta say these LCR's are a big upgrade to what I had going on..as just side surrounds....for $85

Thank you. An upcoming promo likely to have towers

pinnaclespeakers

buy4me wrote:Why the much shorter warranty time on the system 8210 Front Row? The rest seem to have 7 years or more, this has only 2.

Actually the warranty is 3 because it is all amplified components. Industry standard for amplifiers is 3 months to 1 year. our warranty is 3 years.

pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community: We want to point out that model SFITCTR 350 is also excellent for front left and front right or rear speakers. So you can consider purchase of 2 for a front pair, 3 for Left, Center, Right channels; and add a Baby Boomer for exceptional bass. The DUAL 4" drivers in the SFTITCTR 350 mate well to the dual 8" woofers in the Baby Boomer. These are all excellent combinations to consider.

jerralda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerralda
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community: We want to point out that model SFITCTR 350 is also excellent for front left and front right or rear speakers. So you can consider purchase of 2 for a front pair, 3 for Left, Center, Right channels; and add a Baby Boomer for exceptional bass. The DUAL 4" drivers in the SFTITCTR 350 mate well to the dual 8" woofers in the Baby Boomer. These are all excellent combinations to consider.

That is exactly what I plan to do!! In addition to a pair of polk R50s which I already have, the three CTR350s and the baby boomer should sound awesome....cant wait for stuff to arrive, to setup and enjoy!!..thanks woot and pinnacle!

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

A.Greed.

bobdo wrote:I gotta say these LCR's are a big upgrade to what I had going on..as just side surrounds....for $85

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

We also used a set up like this for a while.quittemgood, low cost

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community: We want to point out that model SFITCTR 350 is also excellent for front left and front right or rear speakers. So you can consider purchase of 2 for a front pair, 3 for Left, Center, Right channels; and add a Baby Boomer for exceptional bass. The DUAL 4" drivers in the SFTITCTR 350 mate well to the dual 8" woofers in the Baby Boomer. These are all excellent combinations to consider.

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:Pinnacle put some Front floor standing up for sale here, I'm in!

A.Greed.

Thank you very much!. TOwers in the works for upcoming opportunity

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Thank you very much!. TOwers in the works for upcoming opportunity

I WILL BLOW ALL MY MONIES ON TOWERS. DO IT. DOOO IIIITTTTT

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

schnob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schnob
JSW999 wrote:is there a way to sync the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 with my Panasonic tv so the Panasonic remote will raise the volume? I'd prefer not to have to use two remotes

You should be able to do this if you connect the 8210 to your TV's headphone or variable RCA output jacks.

Dragyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragyn

Appears to be a bait and switch!??! Ordered the 5.1 MB-11500+ set expecting the "piano finish" surrounds as advertised. Which I presume are the BD series of surrounds. Instead I got the S-Fit.... I read about this happening last August too but I thought, eh, they probably got that bug fixed. . NOPE. . . Return forthcoming...

Dragyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragyn

I really don't have anywhere to turn but here to warn people about this product. It's been 4-5 weeks since purchase and I am still working on getting the correct product. Wrong speakers showed up ( I really think this was a bait and switch) and then when they finally replaced the wrong speakers one showed up damaged. On pace to show up 3.6.13, over a week later than promised. . . .

For what I spent, even at a woot price, I would expect a little more support. God forbid if anything ever happens to my system, who will be there to help. . . . so, if you found this review please head my warning... Wait for the Klipsch/energy system, these guys are not living up to the recommendations I have received...

lizzier2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzier2005

I bought the SYS 8210 system for my husband for Christmas. I am no dummy, but I am not getting any sound coming out of the bar or sub-woofer. I have tried all the ways mentioned in the directions. When I connect the "optical cable" if I touch anything metal with it I get a buzz, but no sound. I have put together computers for goodness sake! We hav a Toshiba HD TV and DirecTV. HELP!!