WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Batteries! Batteries! Batteries!

You can't have cool stuff without batteries, man! You can't even have MUNDANE stuff without batteries, now that we think about it: remotes, smoke alarms, flashlights, all that stuff needs batteries at one point or another. And you never know when they're gonna crap out, so it's nice to have extras.

Quality Posts

shortshift

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortshift

Do not buy these they are terrible. They don'y pack enough juice to power an xbox 360 controller. If you have a wireless mouse the charge will last about 2-4 weeks at best.

[MOD: Wait! Come back! Which ones? ]

dbeardphoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbeardphoto

Eneloop batteries are a favorite of multiple photographers that I know because of their quality. Highly recommend them based on multiple reviews.

poehitman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poehitman

I don't trust AC Delco batteries. They have a bad tendency to burst and leak acid out, ruining what electronic item they are in. I lost a couple flashlights and I had brand new ones leak when all they did was sit in a baggie waiting to be used.

jaybird0622

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaybird0622

The charger that comes with the Sanyo Eneloop batteries isn't for those batteries. It is a different brand and apparently isn't a very good charger. The price is still good for the batteries, but it's probably best to use a different charger.

Howler81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Howler81

I bought the iGo rechargeable Alkalines a while back. So far, they are great. They pack a lot of power - very slow to run out on my XBox controller compared to NiMh batteries. Also, they have great shelf-life in the sense that they don't discharge when they are sitting in a drawer. You can charge them and store them until you need them.

I have read, however, that rechargeable alkaline batteries lose capacity rather quickly with multiple rechargings. This may well be. I have not had these long enough to say how they fare long-term.

I can, however, say the charger is really great. It can charge my NiMh batteries and the rechargeable alks (not at the same time) and has a handy indicator for the charge level as they are charging. Neat.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou
shortshift wrote:Do not buy these they are terrible. They don'y pack enough juice to power an xbox 360 controller. If you have a wireless mouse the charge will last about 2-4 weeks at best.

I agree! Which ones?

I'm thinking of the 6 dozen AAA batteries. (Really, cells, since a battery has more than one cell. A 9 volt battery IS a battery!)

steve

gannon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gannon

Anyone know the capacity of the iGo AA batteries? I notice that the eneloop batteries are 2000mAh.

lxzndr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr
gannon wrote:Anyone know the capacity of the iGo AA batteries? I notice that the eneloop batteries are 2000mAh.

If they are the same ones they have been selling for the past several months, then they are also 2000mAh

acrizer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acrizer
shortshift wrote:Do not buy these they are terrible. They don'y pack enough juice to power an xbox 360 controller. If you have a wireless mouse the charge will last about 2-4 weeks at best.

Indeed, which ones are you referring to?

The endless smirk from the fiancee I would have to endure for buying a ton of bum batteries...

darnell7979

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darnell7979

I've used the Kodak AA's and AAA's and they both work just fine. I use them in flashlights, R/C cars, controllers and kid "laptops" and these batteries last a good while. I doubt anyone will find a better price for 72 batteries!

dribbens74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbens74

I also bought the Kodaks awhile back. While they do not have the life of a duracell or energizer they do still last quite awhile. You would not get this many batteries for this price if they were a top brand... so just realize that yes they are not Premium batteries, but they are still a good deal.

I cannot speak to the other brands.

terripeters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terripeters
Howler81 wrote:I bought the iGo rechargeable Alkalines a while back. So far, they are great. They pack a lot of power - very slow to run out on my XBox controller compared to NiMh batteries. Also, they have great shelf-life in the sense that they don't discharge when they are sitting in a drawer. You can charge them and store them until you need them.

I have read, however, that rechargeable alkaline batteries lose capacity rather quickly with multiple rechargings. This may well be. I have not had these long enough to say how they fare long-term.

I can, however, say the charger is really great. It can charge my NiMh batteries and the rechargeable alks (not at the same time) and has a handy indicator for the charge level as they are charging. Neat.

I've got to agree with you on the iGo batteries. I've had mine over a year and I don't see any change yet in how long they last. I mostly use them in my digital camera and wireless mouse, and they last a decent amount of time. I don't see much loss in power after they've sat in the drawer awhile either. I'd recommend them.

sharond95

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharond95

I'm needing some more eneloops, but it seems there's more bang for your buck with this deal: http://www.amazon.com/eneloop-2000mAh-Typical-1900mAh-Position/dp/B0058N6JUE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1358629085&sr=8-6&keywords=eneloop

Bandrik

quality posts: 79 Private Messages Bandrik

Look! More sparkly rainbow brony batteries!