WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which cancelled-before-its-time TV show do you miss the most?
  • 6.1% - Freaks and Geeks 308
  • 21.5% - Arrested Development 1087
  • 43.7% - Firefly 2211
  • 8.9% - Star Trek: Enterprise 451
  • 3.1% - Veronica Mars 157
  • 7.3% - Jericho 369
  • 9.5% - Something else I’ll pine for in the comments. 481
5064 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

dilone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilone

Journeyman

dilone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilone

Supertrain

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Enterprise, but only because AD is coming back.

edit: The Screen Savers. I know, I know...it's been kind of recreated on the twit network. Not the same.

InterStella

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InterStella

The Life and Times of Tim

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Classic Futurama. I'm thinking if they didn't cancel the series in 2003 we wouldn't have gotten as much rubbish as we have now that the show is "back".

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the films and the last two seasons but it's mostly mediocre now. Alas, you can't truly go home again.

togle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages togle

Better Off Ted

jm76430

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jm76430

Terranova

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Murderer's Row of canceled TV shows already up there, but FX's Terriers is a series I miss greatly. It never found an audience because it wasn't a star-studded affair or very exciting subject matter, but the casting was top-notch, the acting was brilliant and the writing was--as usual by Shawn Ryan--superb.

My runner up is AMC's Rubicon. Riveting show that would have done better on a premium network like HBO or Showtime. It's more intricate than Homeland, but definitely as good and addictive.

eagle1019

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagle1019
jm76430 wrote:Terranova

I second this!

onestinkyfish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onestinkyfish

The Finder

thearbiter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thearbiter

Freakazoid.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Two of 'em.:

Freakylinks which got moved to the "We couldn't give a flying fruitcake about your series" time slot, abruptly, and then cancelled.

The Beast was a CNN-esque show that had some of the drama of and a plot similar to "Homeland" in a pre-9/11 drama way. The irony - This show aired and cancelled in June BEFORE the Twin Towers incident. Five episodes before the axe. Kind of suprised me, but I think it was too controversial for its day.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

Stargate: Atlantis (But not Universe.)

Also Mystery Science Theater 3000, but at least there's Rifftrax.com

eleraama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleraama

Pushing Daisies.

wootgf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootgf

I voted Arrested Development in the poll. I just wanted to also throw in Dead Like Me and Party Down.

Moueska

wootgf wrote:I voted Arrested Development in the poll. I just wanted to also throw in Dead Like Me and Party Down.

"Dead like Me" is cute. It also has one of my favorite actors in it... I didn't list it because I didn't see it in the original lineup, only in re-runs. (Thus, I lacked the instant What The Hay? factor of my show being very mysteriously missing.)

Moueska

Y'know what? Eureka had a long run, but it COULD have kept going for a whole lot longer.

Or at least to a proper end of the season instead of five episodes. I felt like smacking someone when it was over.

cedaroo

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cedaroo

A few that really hurt:
Rome
Deadwood
Farscape
Keen Eddie
Life (NBC)
30 Rock
The Tick
Profit
My Boys
Better Off Ted
Studio 60 OTSS
Terminator SCC

and some notables already mentioned:
Firefly
Terriers (very underated!)
Terra Nova

*sigh*

fractalVisionz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fractalVisionz
togle wrote:Better Off Ted

I third and fourth that (as cedaroo 2nd'd it)!

meninblk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meninblk

Farscape !!!

Cancelled before it could really develop into a much better series !
It was great television for the first four seasons. It needed another four seasons.

Pete...

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Oh, so many! Common Law, Firefly, Chaos, Partners, Stargate Atlantis, Lie to Me, Medium, and most of all: Human Target.

notrub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notrub

Invader Zim

werdwerdus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus

I second Deadwood and Terminator SCC

ekryss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekryss

I voted Firefly. Traffic Light and Party Down are a couple others.

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

Mockingbird Lane had such potential and they killed it off as a pilot/halloween special. The acting was good, the FX great, the humor was subtle, and the rebooting of The Munsters superb...and the Loco in the Cocos declined to make it into a series.

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear

2 Words: Sledge Hammer!

RageOfAngels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RageOfAngels

Thirding Terranova. Great show. I've watched through it 4 times and everyone I've introduced to it watched the whole thing in less than a week.

Farscape was a great show too, but I think it had a good run. Some of the best character development I've ever seen in a TV show.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Fringe series finale tonight

dmoser20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmoser20

Party Down, Carnivale, Summer Heights High....probably many others.

DavePurz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavePurz

Maxx Headroom

axemurderer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages axemurderer

frisky dingo.

arnomada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arnomada

Lie to me

popularoutcast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popularoutcast

So many ...

Deadwood
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
My Boys (and I liked her in Mob Doctor except it had to end, it couldn't go anywhere)
The Mole
NYC 22
New Amsterdam
Missing
In Plain Sight
The Finder

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Human Target
Pushing Daisies
and now Last Resort

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

Maybe 6 or so of the ones listed so far. My list is so long. It almost seems like if I like it, it is sure to get chopped. So I'm not even going to think about the ones I do like. What gets me are the shows that the networks cut after only 1 or 2 have been aired, and before they played all they have made. If your lucky they played the rest of the ones they already made on Saturday.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

cedaroo

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cedaroo
ThunderThighs wrote:Human Target
Pushing Daisies
and now Last Resort

I absolutely agree with you on Last Resort.

"Keen Eddie" led me directly to "Human Target", and I'll add in "Boston Legal" for a Mark Valley "cancelled too soon" trifecta/curse.

Now that I've seen the pattern, I'm hoping he doesn't show up on either Supernatural or Vampire Diaries. ;)

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

There needs to be an "all of the above" option. However, I am starting to feel a little loserish....and sad.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol
CharlesP2009 wrote:Classic Futurama. I'm thinking if they didn't cancel the series in 2003 we wouldn't have gotten as much rubbish as we have now that the show is "back".

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the films and the last two seasons but it's mostly mediocre now. Alas, you can't truly go home again.

100% agree

plink22lr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plink22lr

Defying Gravity