jenniebean1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniebean1
eleraama wrote:Pushing Daisies.

I second this one!

jenniebean1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniebean1

I really liked "Missing" last year, with Ashley Judd. I know it didn't seem like it could go on forever, but it definitely had the potential to go another season or two or three...

I'm just glad that "The Big Bang Theory" is still around - I don't know what I'd do without it!

MsNterprted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MsNterprted
puttenesca wrote:I'll have to try it!!!!
And Dead Like Me was awesome too. So many amazing shows that never get to continue.... yet American Idol is in its 12 millionth season. What The Hay?....

I know! American Idol??? REALLY? UGH

mikemendoza22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemendoza22

Life!!

Life only last two seasons but was an amazing show! Just finished watching the two seasons on Hulu PLus.

mrandall66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrandall66

Carnivale.

fredmccann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredmccann

definately carpoolers

darkchylde13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkchylde13

Heroes, granted the 3rd season struggled, but the 4th season was really getting good again, it had so much promise but they rushed through the plot for some reason. Also The 4400, loved that show! Oh, and Lois and Clark.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
dafitzgerald wrote:I voted Firefly, but the one I miss most is The Dresden Files.

Agreed. Last time I looked, it's on Hulu free.

mkerdmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkerdmann

The OC

I miss Seth Cohen!

tbwooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbwooter

Flash Forward - ABC killed it off in mid-story and despite an email campaign, it never returned :-(
Also - the Cosby Show - some might argue that it had a long run and was over, but Cosby himself clearly is still running and still funny.

mikemendoza22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemendoza22

Chuck!!!

ricknot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricknot

I voted firefly but another I really miss is "Human Target". It was a real kick butt action series with no soap opera crap to ruin it.

jo4short84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jo4short84

Why is everyone hating on Stargate Universe? I'll agree that the first season was pretty bad, but the second season was a lot better. I think it would have become awesome had it gotten one more season. Just saying.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Anything Star Trek. I miss space tv shows.

Caprica was cancelled way to early. It could have had a nice 3 season ARC leading into the Cylon WAR!

V -- What a huge mistake and ABC renews Private practice--GARBAGE. SCI-FI should make a mini-series to wrap up this arc.

Defying Gravity _ Marketed poorly. No relation to Grays Anatomy, but ABC marketed the show poorly.

A classic I miss that angered me for years at Showtime.

DEAD LIKE ME

I loved that show and the movie's didn't capture the magic. What a great show.

Jericho at least got to end. Could have been better ending, but in was some closure.

Jeremiah. Wow what a good show. Netflix this show.

4400. OUTSTANDING SHOW. That just needed one more season and it would have been a sci-fi classic in re-runs.

Flash Forward. Great Story, outstanding actors. What a GREAT SHOW. Reminds me what they are doing to Last Resort. I hate networks. They should at least commit to make them mini-series to finish a story. They wonder why nobody wants to invest in a TV show, because the odds are it will never get to finish. It was a miricle that LOST got to finsh, poorly, but it finished.

thatonechik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thatonechik
eleraama wrote:Pushing Daisies.

Ditto, but voted Firefly.

locoduc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoduc

Along with Firefly I think Dead Like Me could have kept going. They are dead and collect souls. I don't think are can be an end to the show.

locoduc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoduc
mrandall66 wrote:Carnivale.

Agreed to Carnivale. Almost forgot about that one.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

The River.

Show was absolutely amazing but got canceled after one season. Still hoping someone picks it back up. Syfy would be perfect.

andralis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andralis

V - cancelled when aliens were on the verge of earth domination.

Spidon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spidon
togle wrote:Better Off Ted

This.

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz
brendama wrote:New Amsterdam

I agree. It was different. The writers strike killed it (per one of the actors - the "old" son I spoke to in Midtown once while waiting in line for lunch)

princessvalntino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessvalntino
wootgf wrote:I voted Arrested Development in the poll. I just wanted to also throw in Dead Like Me and Party Down.

Love Dead like me!

danislous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danislous

Wonderfalls

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

Max Headroom and Day by Day.

timework

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timework

There was a UK series in 2008 called Survivors, it ended right at a major part in the plot line. Tragic. You can see it on Netflix.

lwjoestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwjoestar

Freakazoid.

englishwades

quality posts: 0 Private Messages englishwades

Harrys Law, I love Kathy Bateman. Also, Alcatraz. I hate it when they start something and don't finish it!!!

fes

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fes

Playmakers
John From Cincinnati
Life
Over There

These days, I am reluctant to watch a new show until it's been on the air for a season and guaranteed another. So many shows that I latched onto early were cancelled, likely to make room for some reality garbage.

megadad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadad

This was a tough decision. Firefly was great out-of-the-box and Fox foolishly killed it before it could make them money. It took three years of crap before Star Trek Enterprise got good, but in its fourth year it was spectacular. By then, the audience had grown weary of the crap and didn't return for the fourth season. The CW didn't realize that Manny Coto had finally polished the poo off of a gem, and so they cancelled it.

-------
MegaDad
"I'm a Mawg: half-man, half-dog. I'm my own best friend."
Spaceballs

rae8157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rae8157

Loved Firefly but I miss CHUCK the most

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Did no one say My So-Called Life?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mondaisenshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mondaisenshi
megadad wrote:This was a tough decision. Firefly was great out-of-the-box and Fox foolishly killed it before it could make them money. It took three years of crap before Star Trek Enterprise got good, but in its fourth year it was spectacular. By then, the audience had grown weary of the crap and didn't return for the fourth season. The CW didn't realize that Manny Coto had finally polished the poo off of a gem, and so they cancelled it.

Gotta say, I disagree with this. As far as I can remember, the first season (started a LITTLE slow but) was where the heart was. I don't remember exactly where it turned to crap, if it was already bad by season 2 or if it took them until season 3, but I got pretty tired of the retroactive continuity episodes - whether everything was an elaborate lie, a dream, one of many different possible futures, or completely undone by the power of killing the parasites that live outside of space and time and thus making someone un-crazy in the present by means of a treatment applied 40 years later, I like my character growth and plot development to actually BUILD, not just be shown and then removed. But season 4 was a redemption of sorts, I can agree with you there... Except T'Pol. I take issue with where they went with her character. And since she and Trip were admittedly the only reason I made it through to the end of season 3 in all its awful, I can't say I wanted the show to go on since the one thing that I'd held onto was being taken in a direction that didn't appeal to me.

Sorry. I have a lot of thoughts about this show and nobody else that watches it to complain to. TL;DR: I hated the Xindi story arc and their confusion over the differences between 'races' and species, the excessive use of time travel, and T'Pol being BROKEN.

... Other than that...

What I'm getting from this entire poll is that I should listen to Netflix and watch Terra Nova instead of putting it off.

Now personally, aside from Firefly, my vote is on Dollhouse. It had just the right balance between cute and creepy and sweet and violent and uplifting and soul-crushing to really hold my interest. And while I'd like it if Arrested Development could have gone on (which, hey look, it is! I should look into that...), I think it found a good place to end.

craigthom

quality posts: 61 Private Messages craigthom
FEEG0666 wrote:Wonderfalls

Yes, Wonderfalls, but I've reluctantly come to realize that Pushing Daisies was better. I haven't seen Dead Like Me, but I've just added it to my Amazon.com queue.

The Chronicle, although I think I'm the only person who ever watched it. It was set at a Weekly World News-type paper, except everything they published was real.

Also John Doe, at least as long as Sprague Graydon's character was alive.

mintymeow wrote:The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

I can't believe I forgot this. I adored this show. I had bootlegs of the VHS copies until it came out on DVD.

craigthom

quality posts: 61 Private Messages craigthom
hitaltkey wrote:Carnivale.

The writers completely destroyed the show when they tried to fit 4 seasons into one finale.

I agree. The first season was a beautiful stroll through a fascinating world. The second was a sprint to the finish line.

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

Terminator SCC

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I voted Firefly but Veronica Mars was a close second.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I have to add Bionic Woman the new series, A bit of a chick flick action series but could have rivaled alias if it had been given a chance.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

twobagga14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twobagga14

It was a tough decision between Firefly and Jericho. Rome is right up there with those two, though.

twobagga14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twobagga14

Chuck was awesome too (albeit a bit corny)

tonygriffinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonygriffinus

Fear Itself
American Gothic