5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
TDK Sound Cube or 2-Speaker Boombox
$139.99 + $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

here's a sound cube review for you.

http://youtu.be/ht0se7o3TKI

mystery250

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mystery250

The fact that it eats so many D batteries is a letdown for me. It looks like a great speaker, however for usage where you don't have an outage, it seems would be fairly difficult.

Depending on the volume, I don't see 12 D batteries lasting a very long time.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

unboxing and review of the boombox.

http://youtu.be/cFLcHc5Qa7E

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
pizza269 wrote:I got one of these for Christmas... they sound great... I just wish they had blue tooth with them, but that can be easily done with a simple adapter.

My brother got one at Christmas too. It sounds amazing...I had flashbacks to the late 80's.

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

todaresq

Can't forget the "or"...

The 2-speaker boom box is 199.99 at amazon

todaresq

Oh... and of course the video for the "or"

Sounds pretty good here... no need for the headphones on the wall I assume. The 2-speaker system looks like it can be held to the head for some classic swagger while moving like Jagger.

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik

Note that per the photo, there appears to be no cage protecting the speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

fireballtp

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fireballtp

Just 1 question.. How does TDK boombox sound compared to a JVC Kaboom Box?

denalynn2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denalynn2001

I had my eyes on the Sound Cube at one point, but I'm very glad I went with the Ion Road Rocker instead. It is rechargeable and has bluetooth, and is still on sale at ThinkGeek for $79.99, with Free Shipping. I hadn't even realized the Sound Cube used all those batteries, yikes!!

ronin212

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronin212

I bought the sound cube at tj maxx for $90 (on clearance) a week ago. I have to say it sounds amazing, the bass is incredible for its size.

I use it mostly with my ipod, or plug in my ipad and put on pandora. I did try the radio though and maybe its just the location of my room but every station had a lot of static.

You can also use the soundcube with an external hard drive, provided you organize your music good.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

May as well stock up on D cells while you're at it!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

winside

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winside

I admit I am a speaker dock whore... My preference on the ones I own based on sound. Listen to mostly rap/r&b tdk cube>altec lansing im7>jvc kaboom>dre beatbox>logitech ipod dock forgot the model

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tralornik wrote:Note that per the photo, there appears to be no cage protecting the speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What you see is what you get. You can also see one of the videos above for confirmation on the free flying (cageless) speakers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

So if I order 2 of the cubed do I get 8?

ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:So if I order 2 of the cubed do I get 8?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chrischak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrischak
theguruguys wrote:So if I order 2 of the cubed do I get 8?

You would only get 8 if you order Cube of the 2.
If you order 2 of the cubed, you would get 6!

joebeimon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon

I bought one of these and got it this past week...... It sounds better than any of my other ipod docks. JBLs (I have 4) or the Klipsch iGroove. The bass is REALLY stunning. I played several of my ipods on it and there was tonal quality from the Cube I had never ever heard before. It does not work (via usb) with my older 40Gig. It says it is not supported to charge it. It does work with my 2nd and 4th gen Nano, and my Classic, and that is plugged into the usb. It is big and bulky, but the sound is simply amazing. I got mine from DailySteals for $69, Refurb. Very happy with this product. $30 more for new.... still a great deal.
To the above question about grills for the speakers. There are none.... which does pose a problem for traveling.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

ThunderThighs

Staff

chrischak wrote:You would only get 8 if you order Cube of the 2.
If you order 2 of the cubed, you would get 6!

I'll just leave this right here.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

The Sound Cube is approximately the size of a human head just in case you were wondering...

Warning:
Carrying the Sound Cube on your shoulder could cause permanent damage.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Just a quick write up edit, "...Simply put: They are idea portable stereos for the lifetime-supply-of-'D'-..."
Ya'll forgot the "L" at the end of ideal.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
denalynn2001 wrote:I had my eyes on the Sound Cube at one point, but I'm very glad I went with the Ion Road Rocker instead. It is rechargeable and has bluetooth, and is still on sale at ThinkGeek for $79.99, with Free Shipping. I hadn't even realized the Sound Cube used all those batteries, yikes!!

Even the manufacturer of this "Road Rocker" is too embarrassed to publish the specs of it on their product page. LOL. Looks to be more of a toy with poor build quality than anything else. Also has a lead acid battery that requires pretty strict attention to maintain battery life.

One of the few reviews I could find stated "I did find the sound distorted if you turned it up beyond the “halfway” mark when using the speaker."

repsol05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages repsol05

I just bought one. They look pretty cool, and it will fit perfectly in my new book shelf, and the tailgate of my truck. (TDK Sound Cube) Price seems reasonable, we shall see.

kyfeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyfeam
repsol05 wrote:I just bought one. They look pretty cool, and it will fit perfectly in my new book shelf, and the tailgate of my truck. (TDK Sound Cube) Price seems reasonable, we shall see.

i am a TDK whore.. i have all 3 models 3 speaker 2 speaker and a cube.. i love em all.. but the cube can throw out some serious bass for it's size.. i couldnt resist and bought another cube.. you realize the cube cost $300 about 6 months ago.. at some point there will be none left and the new models just dont have the quality of these models.. i love these boomers.. nothin but quality all the way..

Habenero61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Habenero61

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago over at Daily Steals. It's one of the best deals ever. Great sound, very well built, and very loud. I did hear that if you leave batteries in it they will slowly drain over time. So I just stuck a small piece of cardboard between the last connection and it has not drained. Then I just remove it when I want to use batteries.

cybernevets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cybernevets

Will this work (charge and play)
with an iPhone5 using the lightening to USB cable and the TDK's USB input?

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow
kyfeam wrote:i am a TDK whore... i love em all.. but the cube can throw out some serious bass for it's size

... of course it's size doesn't matter -- the Sound Cube has the same speakers and actually more power than the 2-Speaker.

The Sound Cube is definitely more bang in the trunk for the buck.

MarkByers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkByers

Anyone thinking about buying this should take a look at the "Block Rocker".

Same functionality, more portable (wheels and a handle), and a rechargeable internal battery.

It also rocks blocks.

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

This thing kind of looks like the iPhone AC adapter. Or at least, a larger version of the aforementioned product.

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

Sound Cube:
I've heard it, and messed with it. It's big, it's loud, the sound is amazing. Good clean bass. Great portable for outside parties. Battery life varies greatly depending on the playing volume and bass content. But if there is AC power nearby, just plug it in and crank it!

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92

I bought the TDK boombox version of this off of woot! a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier! Great sound and it charges my iPhone even when it's not on.

Ringo4422

cybernevets wrote:Will this work (charge and play)
with an iPhone5 using the lightening to USB cable and the TDK's USB input?

It "should" (Apple can be wierd that way) charge your i-phone 5 but you will have to play the music via the aux input of this and headphone jack of your i-5.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

smooth0906

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smooth0906

I'm in for Cube because I read reviews on here and Amazon where the cube has a more powerful sound than the two speaker boombox.. Also I previously purchased a pair of Memorex headphones; who also makes the TDK Sound Cube. The headphones were only 10.00 but they have incredible sound. They have held up well and I figure the Cube should also hold up well and have incredible sound. Also I used to buy Memorex cassette tapes back in the day and they made great cassete tapes. Remember the commercial; "is it live or is it Memorex"? Same people!

Ringo4422

Habenero61 wrote:I bought one of these a couple weeks ago over at Daily Steals. It's one of the best deals ever. Great sound, very well built, and very loud. I did hear that if you leave batteries in it they will slowly drain over time. So I just stuck a small piece of cardboard between the last connection and it has not drained. Then I just remove it when I want to use batteries.

Smart dude!

Ringo4422

Funny that nowhere in any of the specs or description is it mentioned that this has two 5 1/4" passive radiators as well as the two 5 1/4" speakers. I find that to be a little odd. This is what gives the cube superior bass response for its size.
However, this is a link to the new model of the cube mentioning the passive radiators and improved drivers. It now supports Bluetooth streaming making it no longer a proprietary Apple music player.

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-us/Home-Audio/Boomboxes/Wireless-Sound-Cube/

1frankster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1frankster

I just can't see it with no alternative for power. 12 D's is expensive as hell!! If it had a way to connect 12V it would be perfect as I could setup a solar panel on top and just bring along a 12V car battery which will charge as you run it from the panel - or a few minutes to a vehicle jumper cables.

edit: well I guess you could use a inverter.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker
ThunderThighs wrote:What you see is what you get. You can also see one of the videos above for confirmation on the free flying (cageless) speakers.

I see what you did there.. funny